OtakuBoards

Heroes (possible spoilers)

Nehszriah

[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="1"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Gosh, I haven't posted in a really long time. Heroes is like my flavor of the day currently, and I just can't pass up starting some discussions.

In last night's episode, a lot of unanswered questions were finally answered, but it seemed to me that even more were created. I didn't really think of Heroes as a complex show until I went onto the Heroe's Wiki website, and that just blew everything about the show out of the water for me.

How many people other than myself suspected that [spoiler]Adam Monroe is actually Takezo Kensei? I was reluctant to believe that Kensei could actually live for hundreds of years, but if his cells were repaired because of his regenerative abilities than it makes sense that he would never age. I suppose that this also means that Claire will not age once her cells start to breakdown and deteriorate, but I have an inkling that towards the end of the show she will be killed off anyways.[/spoiler][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="1"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][spoiler]Adam starting the Company actually makes a lot of sense, considering the fact that the Company's symbol is the same as the symbol that Kensei used throughout his time in feudal Japan.[/spoiler] [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea why I never put two and two together. [spoiler]I sort of always have had the feeling that "the drunk Brit" would make it to the future, but I never really thought of him being Monroe.[/spoiler] I did the whole fangasm-squealing thing to boot when I found out. I felt like last night's episode is probably the best of the season so far, or at least pretty close. [spoiler]Leaving Caitlin in the future, Peter being not as lost-puppy-ish, the almost killing off of Nikkica, Matt owning his dad and then getting rid of West for what is hopefully forever?[/spoiler] Nehszriah like. The only bad part was now we have an inkling [spoiler]that Momo has to point that gun to Noah. Noah's too badass to die at the hands of Momo.[/spoiler] I hope that's just my mind messing with me.

By the way, did anyone happen to read last week's webcomic and see the extra picture? It was of two random people, but it changed after a while to I think Claire. Is that normal?

[COLOR="77656"]I think the painting could be a premonition of [spoiler]Mohinder killing Noah, instead of my old theory of West killing him.[/spoiler] I wasn't shocked to discover [spoiler]Adam was Takezo Kensei.[/spoiler] I learned about it already from the G4 post-show where they interviewed Tim Kring and the guy who plays HRG. And I agree, [spoiler]West being gone is the best.[/spoiler]

I have the feeling that [spoiler]Adam is Clair's relative becasue of the power connection they share.[/spoiler] Plus the blonde hair. And Elle is the biggest ***** in Television history. And what about Sylar, Maya and Alejandro? And St. Joan? Oooooh, the suspense! My big question is what powers Bob, Hiro's father and Nathan's mother have?

Next week looks amazing.[/color]

[quote name='Gunslinger'][COLOR="77656"]My big question is what powers Bob, Hiro's father and Nathan's mother have?[/color][/QUOTE]

*raises hand* Pardon, but [spoiler]Bob has the ability of elemental transmutation (or alchemy or even the "Midas Touch" if you wish). He turned a ordinary spoon, probably stainless steel or silver in original nature, into gold right before Mohinder's eyes in Cairo. I think it was Cairo. Yeah.[/spoiler]

I can't help you on the other two quite yet, Gunslinger. I do like your [spoiler]Claire-Adam-relation[/spoiler] theory. That's just what that whiny brat needs: [spoiler] [i]another[/i] surprise relative.[/spoiler]

[color=deeppink]I should point out that [spoiler]shared powers are in no way indicitive of Claire and Adam being related. Case in point: Claire can neither fly nor is she pyrokinetic. Micah can neither bend steel nor walk through walls. Molly can't do... well, whatever it is her father did. Yes, the Parkmans have similar powers, but that is not the norm presented so far.

As for the blonde hair? No. Are we to suddenly assume that not only are Adam and Claire related, but that both are also related to Nikki, Elle, Linderman, the two evil head cheerleaders, and Hope? Hair color simply isn't enough.

For the most part, I was satisfied with this episode. The Hiro/Kensei arc ended with it's obvious conclusion, and we got back hyper-active Hiro again, yay! The plague storyline is interesting (curious to se how the Wonder Twins fit into this), and leaving Caitlin behind in the future was [i]brilliant.[/i]

The only thing I didn't like was how easy it was for Matt to stop Maury. Seriously, Maury is too bad-*** for a newb like Matt to take him down like that. It felt like a cop-out. I would have been happy if the attack was simply repelled, but trapping him in his own head? No.

Adam is Kensei. Who cares. The quesiton is, [i]is he one of the twelve?[/i] That's really all I care about this season. Backstory![/spoiler]

I will not be happy if the writer's strike leaves me without a conclusion to this.[/color]

Guest The Blue Jihad
Honestly, I don't think Kaito or Angela has powers, per se. What I think they more have is [spoiler]a sort of natural intuition about things[/spoiler]. Throughout the show, they've both demonstrated that they obviously know more about what's going on than you'd expect and while they're certainly [spoiler]part of the twelve[/spoiler] I'm not expecting any earth-shattering revelations about them.

They were all connected through/by [spoiler]Adam[/spoiler], but I think those two were merely in the right place at the right time. They had resources readily available; they knew how to use their respective networks. I'm betting they have variations on [spoiler]enhanced intuition and instinct[/spoiler]...sort of like a smarter and more subtle version of Spider Sense.

EDIT: Oh, about the paintings and all. Maybe my memory sucks, but the painting of the [spoiler]gunman[/spoiler]...didn't it show a [spoiler]bandage covering the gunman's nose?[/spoiler]

[quote name='The Blue Jihad']EDIT: Oh, about the paintings and all. Maybe my memory sucks, but the painting of the [spoiler]gunman[/spoiler]...didn't it show a [spoiler]bandage covering the gunman's nose?[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Indeed. [spoiler]http://heroeswiki.com/Image:Paintingmohinder.JPG
[/spoiler][/color]

Guest The Blue Jihad
Random thought: am I the only one who would be disappointed if [spoiler]Peter and Adam were responsible for killing Kaito[/spoiler]?

Cause, you know, after seeing what Maury can do...the attacks on [spoiler]Angela in the interrogation room[/spoiler] and the [spoiler]hooded figure going off the roof with Kaito[/spoiler] would be so much easier for him than anyone.

Sure, the dynamic duo we saw in the preview for next week could do it, but even still, it's a logistics nightmare. If you can heal, getting away after the fall could be decently easy, but even then, it's still taken him easily a few minutes in best-case scenarios. Hell, Claire even suffers broken bones, ankles, and so on. She's literally twisted her ankle around after falls.

For Maury, on the other hand? A guy who can show you anything, from anywhere? A man who has all the escape time in the world, since he doesn't even have to be around?

Especially when Bob has said [spoiler]Maury is the blunt instrument[/spoiler]...hmmmmmm :idea:

[COLOR="77656"][spoiler]Actually, another reason of Clair and Adam being related is Peter and nathan. In the previews it said the Petrelli's have a dark secret. They could well be related to Takezo/Adam, thus Clair could be like, a distant cousin or something.[/spoiler] That's my theory anyways.

As for Matt [spoiler] taking down Maury.[/spoiler] I loved that scene. Him being a newb has nothing to do with that. [spoiler]He faced his father and pointed out that the past Matt was in, was actually the painful memory of Maury's.[/spoiler] And really, if you've noticed, sci-fi powers usually do that "super fast maturity thing." Plus he isn't that much of a newb. Look at Sylar, he's able to control new powers very well.

And god Sylar, steal Maya's powers already.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Gunslinger'][COLOR="77656"]As for Matt [spoiler] taking down Maury.[/spoiler] I loved that scene. Him being a newb has nothing to do with that. [spoiler]He faced his father and pointed out that the past Matt was in, was actually the painful memory of Maury's.[/spoiler] And really, if you've noticed, sci-fi powers usually do that "super fast maturity thing."[/quote]

[color=deeppink]I don't care if there's a precident. It's still lame that [spoiler]someone with decades of experience using the same power, who only days before owned his son with little effort, was trapped in a coma by someone who had just learned how to telepathically communicate, and barely at that. It's a lame deus ex machina (especially when we saw that Maury was experienced enough to completely block a mental invasion), and I cringe every time I see it.

I liked the scene until the end, but he still should not have been able to take down Maury that easily. It made Maury seem like much less of a threat. I was hoping for a nigh-unstoppable bad-***, and I got this.[/spoiler][/color]

[quote][spoiler]Plus he isn't that much of a newb. Look at Sylar, he's able to control new powers very well.[/spoiler][/quote]

[color=deeppink]Sylar's different. [spoiler]It's his power to understand everything instantly. His [i]original[/i] power. Intuitive aptitude.[/spoiler]

EDIT: [spoiler]As for Adam and Peter? Yeah, I'd be dissapointed too. I'm not really getting into Kensei as the villian this season.[/spoiler][/color]

[COLOR="77656"]Actually, I hope Maury is [spoiler]only out for a few hours. I was kind of hoping for a 'good dad who teaches son' thing. I'd love to see how powerful the guy really is.[/spoiler]

Maybe this week's Post-Show on G4 will shed some light on the whole Muary-Matt hting from monday.[/COLOR]

[URL="http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20158840,00.html"]Tim Kring has personally apologized to fans for the flaws of this season.[/URL]

[color=deeppink]THis is a helluva surprise. He's essentially listing every single problem everyone has had with the show this season. Most importantly, the complete and utter lack of focus the show's had so far. And he says he's going to change that. Yay!

I also love how he's apologizing for West for the completely wrong reasons. The fans aren't irritated by the romance, Kring. They're irritated by what a douche West is. They want him dead (which may happen son. Yay!)

ALso, due to the writer's striek, the season finale is gonna be pushed up to December. IF Bennet dies, I'm going on a rampage.

EDIT: December [i]3rd.[/i] Late December I could handle... but this is going to feel like such a rush job. Besdies, now there are only four episodes left. Boo.[/color]

[quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink]EDIT: December [i]3rd.[/i] Late December I could handle... but this is going to feel like such a rush job. Besdies, now there are only four episodes left. Boo.[/color][/QUOTE][size=1]It should be noted that December 3rd's episode was always planned to final one for Volume 2. Two endings for that episode were filmed in case the writer's strike happened, so a lot of the dangling storylines should be wrapped up by the end of the year.

Adam actually makes for a pretty brilliant villain. I'm not sure he's going to be worth all of the build-up, but Linderman didn't show up until most of the way through Season 1 and he was awesome.

I'm quite fond of St. Joan. She's the only new character I give a darn about.

-Shy[/size]

I do not know whether I should be more shocked or proud of Tim Kring over the apology he issued. Usually those in entertainment only apologize if they have to and otherwise some court-order will come down hard on them. The fact he apologized for the season's dreadful run gives me more hope for next season. Things would just be better if West was gone... or better yet: [spoiler]have the boy kissing Claire in the painting be Zach as a consoling act because he finally found where his good friend ran off to and he comes across her crying 'cause her dad's dead and 'cause he's Zach, he can't stand to see her cry.[/spoiler] I still think that the season finale will not end the run of Monica's story arc, as well as Adam's or Peter's and I have a feeling that if [spoiler]the virus business[/spoiler] is not altered soon, it will become the next "Save the Cheerleader, Save the World."

Then I would laugh... heartily.

[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="1"]Wow .. tonight's episode was .. amazing. I'd have to say that it's easily my favorite episode of the season so far ( which isn't saying too much .. ), and possibly even up there in my top 5. Anywho, onto the awesomeness, from what I can remember anyway.

[spoiler]So let's see .. what's a good way to start this off? Well, of course it finally happened! ... Noah got capped, yo. It all happened so fast that it caught me off guard, and for a moment I actually believed that HRG was about to take out Bob. I was suprised that HRG shot Elle, but like he said, he would do ANYTHING to protect his daughter. I really thought that someone else besides Mohinder was going to shoot Noah as well, but that somehow got past me and actually happened.

The biggest suprise of the episode for myself would have to be the ending, when Noah is shown regenerating from what we can only assume to be death. I had a feeling that Noah couldn't be out of the picture forever, but frankly, I didn't think that he would be brought back to life in the same episode![/spoiler]

Hmm .. that paragraph is all over the place. Oh well.

This season is really making it difficult in distinguishing between who is evil and who is good. [spoiler]One could argue that Mohinder is a hero for killing HRG, but one could also say that he is falling to the dark side, so to speak, by siding with The Company .. I could honestly go either way.[/spoiler] What do you all think?[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Mohinder just gets easily played, as book-smarts obviously is not the same thing as street-smarts.

[spoiler]Matt makes me laugh and shout things about going to join Darth Maury over on the Dark Side.[/spoiler]

Also, I believe that [spoiler]somehow the writers and/or Kring are trying to make West into something semi-acceptable[/spoiler] Didn't he seem different?

[spoiler]Hiro's bit in the ultra-past was kinda sappy and lame. It did what it had to do, but it was too quick about it. At least now we know where his mom is. Plus it was kind of obvious that Adam was Kaito's killer.[/spoiler]

Now if only there was no stupid strike. They're trying to choke us all until only the tried and true remain.

[color=deeppink]I am so glad [spoiler]they didn't go through with it. HRG is one of my favorite characters, and while his "death" was well done, I found myself cheering when he came back.

I was worried, too. THe spoiler images for Powerless showed Claire holding an urn.

I'm not getting the whole "zomg evil" vibe from Bob. Morally grey, definitely, but he's coming off as a good guy who makes hard decisions. Perhaps in the past he wasn't quite so... good-hearted, but he seemed to show genuine remorse at HRG's "death."

And I'm so irritated that Kaito didn't reveal his power. He confirmed that he had one, but didn't show it! Blargh!

Also: West was awesome this episode. I still hate him, but it was nice seeing him kick some ***.[/color][/spoiler]

[quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink] [spoiler]
And I'm so irritated that Kaito didn't reveal his power. He confirmed that he had one, but didn't show it! Blargh!
[/color][/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Yeah! I didn't like that either. I remember [spoiler]back when we were discussing if he was Kensei or not and totally wanting him to have a power, just not Kensei's.[/spoiler] It would be a bit redundant now.

[spoiler]Maybe Noah's making everyone believe that he's dead, ala Haitian's mad ability to disappear when needed?[/spoiler]

Guest The Blue Jihad
I think [spoiler]"I never time-traveled before!"[/spoiler] might hint at his ability being somewhat similar to Hiro's. Matt is going to become immensely more powerful than his father (I think that's pretty clear), so it does make sense for Kaito to have a sort of pre-evolved from of Hiro's power. The quote indicates something to that effect, at least. He never [spoiler]traveled through time before[/spoiler] but mentioned nothing about [spoiler]space[/spoiler].

About HRG, it was so obvious what was going to happen. I saw it coming way back in Lizards. [spoiler]Blood ftw[/spoiler].

For next week, I'm looking forward to The New Odd Couple of [spoiler]Sylar and Mohinder[/spoiler], [spoiler]Hiro and Peter[/spoiler] cranking out some tag-team action straight outta Five Years Gone once [spoiler]Hiro shows Peter the truth about Adam[/spoiler], and HRG [spoiler]getting set loose to do that voodoo that he do so well: ****ing people up[/spoiler].

[color=deeppink]So... [spoiler]young Kaito was a tool.[/spoiler]

I'm liking Peter less and less. All that power, and he's nothing but a gullible sheep. [spoiler]And, you know, the whole bit about who was telling the truth - Pratt or Adam - could have been settled by [i]reading their minds.[/i] [/spoiler]Hmph.

[spoiler]Alejandro's dead! While he's actually the one I would have liked to see live, at least it's [i]some[/i] progress. I'm doubting that Maya will kick the bucket next episode, but wouldn't that be just keen?[/spoiler]

Super-mega-unconfirmed spoiler here: [spoiler]Looks like West just... leaves. Awesome.[/spoiler][/color]

[quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink]Super-mega-unconfirmed spoiler here: [spoiler]Looks like West just... leaves. Awesome.[/spoiler][/color][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]What makes you think that?

Also, [spoiler]why can't they just let a character die?! I was looking forward to never seeing Noah again.[/spoiler][/COLOR][/FONT]

I'll agree that Peter's pretty gullible, but I think Maya kinda rivals him. [spoiler]She was just STANDING THERE ALL SMILES when Sylar was calling Mohinder from the apartment. I know she's foreign and for some reason is gullible enough to trust the man, but wouldn't our dearest Molly send a red flag or two in the air?[/spoiler] That seriously creeped me out. Plus how the show seems to be pairing them is just wierd.