OtakuBoards

Pok

Erika

[quote name='White][color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]I think this means that we can still battle people via Wi-Fi, it's just we can't have tournaments in the Battle Tower.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]

[color=#8B0000]I was having a bit of trouble interpreting that part of the article, but I haven't read anything about it elsewhere, so I'm not getting too excited.[/color]

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[QUOTE=White][color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]This is where that Adapter thing comes in. Apparently you plug it into your USB port and it acts as a router.

You'd have to ask Bill, he has one.

Anyway, what games are you guys getting? Diamond or Pearl? I think I'll most likely be getting Pearl. Because although Diamond's legendary guy looks cooler, almost nobody will be getting Pearl so it'll be easier to trade and stuff. :)[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Yeah but for the sake of being polite, due to lag issues, you're supposed to have broadband to access Wi-Fi.

As for which game, not really sure at the moment, though it doesn't really make a difference this early. Out of the two, I'm not really sure which I prefer as they both look pretty wicked for Legendaries, I just hope their Time and Space Ruler titles actually reflect their level of power when it comes to catching them.[/SIZE]

Aww, I get goosebumps when I think back to the first time I played Yellow when I was a wee Teen. Back then the game was fun, it had some nifty qualities and I thought it was highly enjoyable.

And come to the present and like everyone else has said we've got the same repeated game (What is now garbage) over and over. Yet (Curse it's addictive-ness), I still buy the games religously.

If I had some human opponents to get at I'd still be ravenously training Pokémon to this day because there's nothing I loved more than giving someone a sound áss whooping with some well trained monsters. Ahh...Nostalgia...

Anyways, maybe if with the DS's features we can meet people and battle using the Wifi then my interest will surely be gained, even if the crappy repeated storyline comes at as for an eighteen millionth time.

I haven't bothered viewing any of the provided links or searching for new info, because once I start I can't stop, and I know there isn't all that much "new" info to dig into just yet. Maybe after the Japanese get it I'll look into how it plays etc.

Curse Pokémon! It's like cigarettes for gamers! >_<

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS][quote name='White][color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]Anyway, what games are you guys getting? Diamond or Pearl?[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]

Pfft, I don't care what anyone says I am so totally getting Diamond.

Yet I though it was comming out this winter? Now I have to wait till 2007? I can already feel my DS lite collecting dust in the corner along with the PSP which I haven't used in who knows how long. The one thing that I am looking foward to with this whole thing has just got to be Wi-Fi though. I mean come on! Who wouldn't want to have a chance pwning somone who lives xx many miles away from you?

I found it wierd though that the male had a longer body part than the female though o_O

Also, is it just me or does it seem like that a lot of the new pokemon additions seem to be pre-evolutions of former ones?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Ikillion][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Also, is it just me or does it seem like that a lot of the new pokemon additions seem to be pre-evolutions of former ones?[/FONT][/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]
[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]That's kind of hard to say since we haven't even seen 10. Those just happen to be the ones worth mentioning.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Andrew']Curse Pokémon! It's like cigarettes for gamers! >_<[/quote]

[SIZE=1]Heh I think that's even an understatement, it's more like crack for gamers, seriously it is a kid's game and we're all still addicted nearing our twenties.

Seeing as we've already decided which games we're getting, which starters are people going for ? I'm not completely sure which I'll take myself, but it's a toss up between Hikozaru and Pochama as I get the feeling Hikozaru is going to have a pwning final evolution.[/SIZE]

[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma][quote name='Gavin][SIZE=1']Heh I think that's even an understatement, it's more like crack for gamers, seriously it is a kid's game and we're all still addicted nearing our twenties.[/size][/quote]Speak for yourself! I'm only 15. :P

[quote name='Gavin][size=1']Seeing as we've already decided which games we're getting, which starters are people going for ? I'm not completely sure which I'll take myself, but it's a toss up between Hikozaru and Pochama as I get the feeling Hikozaru is going to have a pwning final evolution.[/SIZE][/quote]Seems to me he's the Treecko of Pearl/Diamond. I honestly doubt he'll have a pwning evolution. Or it'll be strong but it won't look pwning. Honestly? Charizard was the only fire starter that looked strong. I have a feeling Hikozaru will just be an orange gorilla with a fire tail. Unless they do that for the second evolution and copy the flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz for the third. >_>"

Naetle'll just be a sell out of Bulbasaur. Not much to say there. You can basically picture his third evolution in your head no problem.

Pochama, on the other hand, just looks like PWNAGE. He seems to be the Torchic of Diamond/Pearl. And that's good. Blaziken looked alright, but damn he was strong. And how can you go wrong with a penguin?[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='White][color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]Anyway, what games are you guys getting? Diamond or Pearl? I think I'll most likely be getting Pearl.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote] [SIZE=1]As I already told you over AIM, I'm gonna buy both 'cause I'm a nerd like that. :'D I have my savings, which haven't been wasted in quite a while, so it's about time, no? I don't have two DSs, tho', so trading may not be possible until I find someone else with one, which shouldn't be too hard I guess.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin][SIZE=1']Seeing as we've already decided which games we're getting, which starters are people going for ?[/SIZE][/quote] [SIZE=1]I gotta go with the penguin-bird (Pochama), because: 1), it looks the least ridiculous out of the three of them (c'mon, a monkey with a fire on it's butt?), 2) it's a frickin' [i]penguin[/i], and 3) I've always gone with the fire or grass starters the first time around in a game 'cause they end up stronger, so it'd be fun to try something different with a guy so cute! x3

And yes. Pokémon is my version of crack. =3=[/SIZE]

[quote name='Kitty][SIZE=1']As I already told you over AIM, I'm gonna buy both 'cause I'm a nerd like that. :'D [/SIZE][/quote][size=1]My brother will buy one of the games, anyway, so I only have to buy one. ;o[/size]
[quote name='Kitty][SIZE=1']I gotta go with the penguin-bird (Pochama), because: 1), it looks the least ridiculous out of the three of them (c'mon, a monkey with a fire on it's butt?),[/size][/quote][size=1]The monkey looks rather cool too. ;_;[/size]

[quote name='Kritter][size=1]2) it's a frickin' [i]penguin[/i],[/size][/quote][size=1]Nuff said.[/size] [quote=Kitty][size=1']and 3) I've always gone with the fire or grass starters the first time around in a game 'cause they end up stronger, so it'd be fun to try something different with a guy so cute![/SIZE][/quote]
[size=1]I always chose the pokémon that looked coolest, which I think in all games was the water pokémon. :3

I'll most likely choose it again. :^D[/size]

[size=1]I'm most definately looking forward to D & P, though the only thing I'm currently disliking is, of course, the wait. I was hoping it'd be out by Christmas, but I guess that won't be happening, eh?

And the isometric view looks cool, but I'm so used to for format they used for so long...I hope I don't get dizzy, heh.[/size]

[color=#4B0082]Well well, Pearl and Diamond are starting to sound attractive. I may end up getting Pearl after all. (Yes, if I get one of them, it's going to be Pearl. Because pearls are prettier than diamonds.) I'm glad they're adding the day/night cycle back in, since I thought that was really neat in G/S/C. And if we do end up being able to trade and/or battle over WFC, I think that'll clinch it for me; being able to trade and battle with everyone else on OB would make the game a lot more fun.

As for which start I'd choose, I've always like starting with the fire type. And, well . . . let's just say there's some history with me and monkeys. So I'm going to have to go with Hikozaru.[/color]

[COLOR=#99121c][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS][quote name='Kitty][SIZE=1'] (c'mon, a monkey with a fire on it's butt[/SIZE][/quote]

Awww, come on, that sounds cool though ;-;

I still don't care how wierd it looks though I am going with the flaming monkey. I mean sure it looks funky but yeah. Don't already be dissing on the monkey only on its first evolution. I mean think what it could become? Ultimate pwnage right there. Besides, I almost always go with either the fire type or the water type as my starter. The leaf kind has never been able to provide for me.

As for length wise, on almost all Poke'mon games (execpt G/S) I average around 60 hours of gameplay which should keep me and my little DS lite occupied for a while.

Hikozaru FTW[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

do we have prices ont hem yet? are they gonna run $35.00 to $40.00 like noermal ds games or are they exepensive? anyway if there normal 30ish games i might bye one myself and ask my parents for the other one for cristmas *ho-ho-ho*. and finaly, AWSOME, there finaly making a monkey-esque starter and its a fire type :D :D :D . later

[COLOR=#35425E]So is anyone willing to grab a copy of the JP version when it comes out? I've yet to see a screen with Kanji in it so I thought at least one of us can manage to play through it before the US release.

Also, will buy Pearl 'cause Parukia looks like an EVA and you can play as Ocelot.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Delta][COLOR=#35425E]So is anyone willing to grab a copy of the JP version when it comes out? I've yet to see a screen with Kanji in it so I thought at least one of us can manage to play through it before the US release.

Also, will buy Pearl 'cause Parukia looks like an EVA and you can play as Ocelot.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
It's a Conspiracy, I tells ya.

Nintendo must have secretly purchased their likenesses during the deal relating to Snake being in SSBB.

Stupid statements aside, I'm most definetly getting this as soon as I get a DS. My sister is a big time fan of Pokemon and she is 18 (I'm NEARLY 17) which might mean how addictive it is. Of course, my friend orders the Japanese games as soon as they're released so I'll get him to tell me about it when he gets it.

BTW, The Steel/Fighting type is a Morgan wet-dream. A totally Unique Pokemon? Perish the Thought....

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS][quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082'] (Yes, if I get one of them, it's going to be Pearl. Because pearls are prettier than diamonds.)[/color][/quote]

Diamond:
[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6f/Brillanten.jpg[/IMG]

Pearl:
[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/af/White_pearl_necklace.jpg/450px-White_pearl_necklace.jpg[/IMG]

Hmmmm... ;)

And for everyone that picked this cute little bastard: *High Fives everyone at once*
[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/71/Hikozaru.jpg/100px-Hikozaru.jpg[/IMG]

The thing that makes me the happiest about this game is that the times of day are returning. It was so cool to me that I could only catch a Ladyba in the morning on Silver and a Spinarak at night in Gold.

With this, [URL=http://youtube.com/watch?v=Lj2Jqz-rxk8]Pokemon Battle Revolution[/URL], and the possible online capablities, I thing I've fallen into the trap again... :p [/FONT][/COLOR]

• 1 month later...
[color=#56995e][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Lol, Thanks To Tatsu I was finally able to see what the final evolutions looked like and they are thus.

I was suprised with the water type though, that its final evolution was actuall a [spoiler]Water/steel[/spoiler] type which made me think that water may have a one up on the others, its found [URL=http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/395.shtml]here[/URL].

As for the leaf it was really obvious with the sprout on its head that its final evolution was[spoiler] bound to germinate a tree, much like what happened with bulbasaur and chikorita (sp?) but it eventually became a grass / ground type [/spoiler] it can bee seen[URL=http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/389.shtml] here[/URL].

Now I still think that the Fire still kicks much ***. Even after seeing the very tempting water one I still love the fire [spoiler] Its fighter/fighting much like blayziken was [/spoiler] and it is [URL=http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/392.shtml]here[/URL].

Of course don't look at these links unless you wish to view. The website where all these had come from is located [URL=http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon.shtml]here.[/URL]

Take a look at Hikozaru's attacks and try to tell me that they arn't awesome.

I'm also glad to see that they had brough back the fossil finding thing from back in Red and Blue. I really had a liking to those for some odd reason.

If you scroll down and take a look at the legendaries, try to tell me that diaruga isnt already cool. Its a good thing that its in Diamond ;) [/FONT] [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]Whoa! That monkey is so [i]hideous[/i]! I'm glad I wasn't looking forward to the fire type because I would have been disappointed.

The water and grass ones are awesome, though. Did anyone notice how the second Grass evolution looks a lot like Spike from Land Before Time? :whoops:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='White][COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]Whoa! That monkey is so [i]hideous[/i]! I'm glad I wasn't looking forward to the fire type because I would have been disappointed.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]

[SIZE=1]I'm gutted, that monkey-thing looks awful and despite some impressive attacks I'd never be able to seriously have it on my squad. Guess I'll have to choose between the remaining two, although I'm thinking Naetle will be my choice, about time too seeing as I started out with Bulbasaur in Blue when it first came out.[/SIZE]

[color=#56995e][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]And if you are just plain curious and want to see some of the newer pokemon that can be found as well right [URL=http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/newpokes.shtml]here[/URL].

I was actually suprised at the number of low evolutions that they had finished off like [spoiler] Magmar, and Electrabuzz, Magnaton, Tangla and so on. THEY EVEN ADDED TWO MORE EVOLUTIONS TO EEVEE. That makes like what... seven atleast? [/spoiler] They seem to make up almost half of the new roster or the one that I have seen.

Who had ever even said that pokemon was a beauty contest? It won't matter if he looks odd when I am pwning you all with him. Fire FTW![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]