OtakuBoards

Pok

Erika

[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]Yo! The new Raticate/Furret/Linoone Pokemon kicks butt! As a stereotypical Canadian, I just adore Beavers and Biidaru is definitely a rocking beaver.

As for other Pokemon that have won my heart, [url=http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/409.shtml]Ramuparudo[/url] is awesome, [url=http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/425.shtml]Fuwante[/url] is just hillarious, [url=http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/430.shtml]Donkarasu[/url] just yells kick***, [url=http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/450.shtml]Kabarudon[/url] seems like another Gyrados thing (weak first stage), [url=http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/460.shtml]Yukinooh[/url] is a must have for all snow lovers, [url=http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/473.shtml]Manmuu[/url] reminds me a lot of the first Black Power Ranger (Mastadon!) and [url=http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/477.shtml]Yonuwaaru[/url] is a great improvement on Dusclops (I loved Duskull but not Dusclops).

Others worth mentioning? [url=http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/476.shtml]Dainoosu[/url] looks like Mr. Potatoe Head and Porygon mixed and [url=http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/478.shtml]Yukimenoko[/url] looks like a slutty Togetic.

They also seem to have quite a bit of legendary Pokemon. I'm quite impressed with this new Pokedex after such a let down with Ruby/Sapphire.[/FONT][/COLOR]

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]First and foremost: [B][I]You welcome.[/I][/B] :cool:

Second of all...lol :animeswea

I can't believe you two don't like Goukazaru!!! He's soo cool, and he's based off the Son Goku, and Monkey King. And he's on fire!!!!

Fine. Just you wait...my team shall pwn you online.[/FONT][/COLOR] :animeangr

[SIZE=1]First they ruin Hikozaru, then they take Magnaton and give him a crappy 80s spaceship evolution. My two gripes aside, I actually think most of the new Pokémon, especially the final evolutions of some previous 'mon are very cool indeed, Electabuzz and Magmar's in particular although Ryhorn's is definitely up there too. I definitely agree with White on Dusclops new evolution, it's a massive improvement on the previous ones.

However that "slutty Togetic" comment is so wrong, I'm not ever going to go there.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Desbreko][color=#4B0082]I shall slap down the unbelievers with my hot, flaming monkey.

That is all.[/color][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Note to all, Desbreko is not referring to a Pokémon. ;-)[/SIZE]

Guest The Dark Prince
some of these new pokemon evolutions are cool but some I feel they could have done better and I like how they also put alot more legendary pokemon into the game

[quote name='The Dark Prince']some of these new pokemon evolutions are cool but some I feel they could have done better and I like how they also put alot more legendary pokemon into the game[/quote]
[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]Hey, The Dark Prince.

You've been warned once before so please listen up. You're post quality is seriously lacking at the moment so I urge you to read the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?]OtakuBoards Rules[/url] and the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=55113]Play It[/url] rules before posting again.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=White][COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]Whoa! That monkey is so [i]hideous[/i]! I'm glad I wasn't looking forward to the fire type because I would have been disappointed.

The water and grass ones are awesome, though. Did anyone notice how the second Grass evolution looks a lot like Spike from Land Before Time? :whoops:[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Why am I the only one here who thinks the monkey looks cool? Maybe its beacuse Gorillas were my favorite animals when I was a kid...

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]Well, after long weeks of picking apart the starting trio based on my preferences, I have finally come to a decision: I shall begin with Naetle.

Why? Because I have always chosen from the reptile starters. Example: In Red, I began with Charmander; in Silver, I began with Totodile; in Ruby, I began with Treecko; now I shall begin with Naetle.

Why always the reptile? I simply adore reptiles above mammals and birds. Turtles, lizards, snakes - they're all just so very "cool." I wish, though, that they had a Bug-type starter - for I also love insects and arachnids.

Anyways, even though the monkey is "original," to say the least, and the penguin is "adorable," the turtle has my vote.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• 5 months later...
[color=#007520]Admit it, you still play.

[CENTER][URL=http://img409.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pkmndpre2.jpg][IMG]http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/6275/pkmndpre2.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

On April 22nd (June 1 for EUR) the first [i]real[/i] Pokémon games will come out for the Nintendo DS: Diamond and Pearl. And no, I don't mean [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telefang#Bootlegged_versions]the Gameboy Color versions[/url].

With 107 new Pokémon bringing the total to 493 species, Diamond and Pearl seem to want to make it harder to [i]Catch 'em All[/i], and all of it in glorious, semi-3D retro-Pokémon graphics. Gamefreak has improved on its original philosophy of social games with online battling (finally!) and online trading. They also seem to make use of the touch screen fairly well by using them in battles, rhythm competitions, and as a device that can be accessed by your character.

The connectivity with the GBA games and the Wii game coming later this year is pretty impressive too. You'll be able to stick your GBA Pokémon RPGs into the GBA slot on your DS and will be able to catch up to 6 Pokémon that can not be found anyhwere else in the game.
Pokémon Battle Revolution will allow you to use Wi-Fi to use the DS as a controller and you'll be able to use your party Pokémon in full 3D.

Who else is getting this game? I've already preordered mine. :3

Edit: Oh double damn. I forgot Hardwired had a threads directory. >_>

-r2[/color]

[font=times new roman]*Shocked* r2 did the forbidden. :)
I combined your thread with the oldie.

The last pokemon game I played was Silver, and that was a long time ago. Now I just don't play portable games. Not saying there's anything wrong with them, but I'm not interested at the moment. Although, I do need to go back to playing them though seeing how easily bored I get these days.

*Shocked to see myself posting in a Pokemon thread*[/font]

[SIZE=1]I'll probably end up ordering a copy from the States, waiting another month and a half to play the game in English is ridiculous. They really should just ship the games over to Ireland and the UK at the same time as the US.

I'm still not sure who I'm going to start off with, the flaming monkey has actually managed to earn his way back into the race after copious amounts of DBGT over the Easter.[/SIZE]

[font=Book Antiqua][size=2][color=black]For me, this day, Saturday, is the longest day ever. Tis the day where Pokemon Diamond/Pearl is only one day away and I have to wait for the games to come out. I already have my copy reserved (Thanks Gamestop) and i've already told all my friends that i'm getting the game for my Lite. True, i'm 22 and I may be deemed "too old" for these types of games but c'mon, Pokemon has ruled over Gameboys like Kobe's ruled over Shaq. Plus, all of my friends who thought that I was weird for still liking Pokemon are no longer my friends.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Book Antiqua][size=2][color=black][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Book Antiqua][size=2][color=black]As for a stable team on this new Pokemon, however, I think im going to stick with my "Eevee Force". It's just so much better this time around though because I don't have to run an Eevee in my team like I did in Emerald (Eevee, Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Espeon, Umbreon). Mabye i'll run Leafeon instead and replace Vaporeon for Glaceon (sp?) depending on the better stats.[/color][/size][/font]

Well I just bought my copy of Diamond yesterday. It was kinda just an impulsive decision, but I'm glad I did. I forgot how much the pokemon games were. I'm 16 and well...I'm well...a closet fan of pokemon and *gasp* anime, but still being a teenager, I wouldn't think I'd still like this game, but I do. Also, I think it's cool that you can use WiFi with it. I think that if you're a pokemon, or just a RPG fan in general, you need to pick up this game. Check it out!

[color=#007520]:3 I love the Wifi aspect.

My friend and I were trading my Kadabra back and forth when out of nowhere we realized we could talk to each other! The quality wasn't as good as a telephone's, but this feature will be pretty fun during battles.

...my friends are all so far ahead of me though...

I'm at the Floaroma Town where the windmills are. All I can say is that Pokemon in top-down 3D is nothing less than stunning.

-r2[/color]

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Arial]*suspense*

Still not due to come out til June for me. For those that do have it, any chance you can throw me a few tidbits as to how the game compares to the other ones? I know I could read reviews on official websites but that's the thing, I'd prefer to hear it from a variety of people. I'm 19 and am not ashamed to admit I'm pokemon fan, once you get past any initial weird looks people just don't care.

P.S: I can't believe I've already posted in this thread, except my last post in this is apparently incoherent and I haven't figured out why I even thought I had a point.

*sigh* Oh to feel child-like enthusiasm for pokemon and yet feel like [I]I can wait[/I] for the new versions to come out.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='MissWem][COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Arial]I'm 19 and am not ashamed to admit I'm pokemon fan, once you get past any initial weird looks people just don't care.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote][color=#007520]Hi, my name is Keane, I'm 19, and I play Pokémon on the bus.

And I'm [b]proud[/b] of it too, you non-trainers you...

Anyway.
The first things you'll notice in the upgrade are the obvious: slightly improved graphics (including 3D architecture and landscapes), touch screen battle menus, rearranged menus to make things more accessable, and of course... 107 new little monsters for your pocket.

The biggest changes, I've seen, make use of the DS' Wi-Fi capabilities, and an upgraded battle system.
I'm not sure how the battle system has changed (I'm not really into game mechanics) so I'll just skip to the Wi-Fi portion.

Locally you can...
Battle with up to 3 others in the Pokémon Communication Club Colosseum.
Meet up with people in the Union Room and trade records, mini-battle, trade Pokémon, draw, chat, or show off your badges.
Meet up in the underground and play minigames like capture the flag.

Via WiFi you can...
Trade or Battle with your friends via Friend Code communication. (No random battles. :( ) In this mode, you can also chat with your friends via VoIP.
Trade randomly with anyone around the world.
Download the teams of people around the world and battle against a computer controlling them.

-r2[/color]

[QUOTE=r2vq][color=#007520] Hi, my name is Keane, I'm 19, and I play Pokémon on the bus.

And I'm [b]proud[/b] of it too, you non-trainers you...
-r2 [/color][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Arial]*a general mumble of greetings from other members in the room*

Welcome and congratulations to taking your first step to admitting your have a problem :P

(Actually, I'm jealous, I can't play in a moving vehicle due to suddenly worrying cases of motion sickness that occur as a result)[/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=r2vq][color=#007520] Via WiFi you can...
Trade or Battle with your friends via Friend Code communication. (No random battles. :( ) In this mode, you can also chat with your friends via VoIP.
Download the teams of people around the world and battle against a computer controlling them.[/color][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial]
[COLOR=DarkRed]I think I want a WiFi connection now... does that mean there won't be regional incompatabilities like with the old cartridges? Because, that'd be quite frankly awesome. I don't know why I thought it was a good idea but half my old games are the U.S version and the other are the Australasian version and I can't trade between them.
[CENTER]~~~~[/CENTER]
Now[I] I can't wait[/I] to get the games. I may have to cryogenically freeze myself for the next month and a half so I don't die of suspense.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[size=1]Damnits I thought I was rid of Pokémon! Yet, here I am, as predictable as ever getting the urge to play again when a new game comes out. Although, this time I think it may actually be worth it.[/size]

[size=1]With that Wi-Fi connection this game could prove to be THE Pokémon game! Although knowing me, if I buy this I'll end up having to buy a Wii especially for the new game to connect with this. And I REALLY don't wanna buy a Wii! >_<[/size]

[size=1]Even though I'd have to buy a DS to play this, I don't mind so much because I was planning to buy one anyway for Spectrobes among other things. I think I may do like Gavin and import one from the states so save waiting like we always do. Then I'd finally be able to whip Bill's *** with my Blissey! Gavin could have a taste too if he begged. ^-^[/size]

[size=1]Although, unlike all the other games, I know very little about this one so I think that'll be a refreshing change when playing as well.[/size]

[size=1]Damints! Now I've starting to shake in anticipation. Damn you Pokémon! >_<[/size]

[QUOTE=r2vq][color=#007520]
Via WiFi you can...
Download the teams of people around the world and battle against a computer controlling them.[/color][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Sienna] Also in WiFi, I'm pretty sure you CAN battle random battles. I was reading the pamplet on the inside and it stated under the Battle Tower that you fight like 7 random people or something over WiFi and if you win you get BF points or something. I haven't tried going on WiFi with my copy yet...cuz you have to have friend codes. Anyways yeah...that' about it[/COLOR][/FONT]

I'm angry I can't afford a DS as of yet and pokemon is out and my luck when I get a DS nintendo will have a cooler new handheld out with a brand new pokemon game on if only I had money why was i cursed with poorness why :animecry:
[color=red][size=1]Inuyasha7271, you've been here for quite some time, and you should know by now Otakuboards emphasizes on posting quality. This also includes correct grammar and proper usage of [b]puncuations[/b]. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me or any other moderator of this category. (or something...)[/color][/size]

I just bought [I]Pokemon Pearl[/I] about two days ago, and already four of my Pokemon have evolved- Budew, Shinx, Starly, and my starter Pokemon, Piplup. Overall I love the game, from the music to the 3-D(ish) graphics, to the addition of the Berries and Eggs (I've only played [I]Yellow[/I] and [I]Blue[/I] before this, so it's new to me)...I can't wait to see what's next for this timeless series. :animesmil

BTW (by the way), any tips on beating Maylene? I've lost to her about four, five times already. I know Staravia and Prinplup's Flying attacks would work, but they just keep fainting before they do any good...

[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma][quote name='The Heart']BTW (by the way), any tips on beating Maylene? I've lost to her about four, five times already. I know Staravia and Prinplup's Flying attacks would work, but they just keep fainting before they do any good...[/quote]
I had the same problem, actually. What I did was I caught a [url=http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/436.shtml]Bronzor[/url] and a [url=http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/203.shtml]Girafarig[/url] and slaughtered the fighting Pokemon with Psybeam and Extrasensory (psychic pwns fighting, FYI).

You could also catch an [url=http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/063.shtml]Abra[/url] (and a Kadabra/Alakazam [i]would[/i] be better than the other two) but those are a pain and a half to catch/level.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Kirra][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Sienna]Also in WiFi, I'm pretty sure you CAN battle random battles. I was reading the pamplet on the inside and it stated under the Battle Tower that you fight like 7 random people or something over WiFi and if you win you get BF points or something.[/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote][color=#007520]You're talking about Battle Tower's WiFi Room. You can download up to seven random teams that other trainers have uploaded, but they wont be WiFi battles. The battles will be controlled by the computer... er... your DS.

Nintendo clamped down hard on Diamond and Pearl's WiFi capabilities. My guess is that it has to do with pleasing soccer moms who are afraid of their children meeting strange pokephiles online.

[size=1][url=http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/wifi.shtml]Source[/url][/size]

[quote name='The Heart']any tips on beating Maylene?[/quote]Eh? [i]Everyone[/i] is ahead of me in this game! I'm not even there yet... But yeah. Since she has all Fight type Pokémon, you may want to use Psychic types to counter them, or just stick with strong Elementals like Fire and Water. I'll probably use my Alakazam. :3 [i][size=1][color=#cccccc]White beat me to it...[/color][/size][/i]

Has anyone else noticed that Pokemon are learning their moves slower? A friend of mine has a Psyduck at Level 16 but it hasn't learned Confusion yet... And my Alakazam seems to be taking a while to learn... just about anything.

-r2[/color]

[size=1]Everyone else is much further along in this game than I am. This is the first Pokemon game I've played since... Silver and Gold (maybe?) and I'm finding that this is the most difficult version yet. Part of this might be because I have a full team of six Pokemon, but leveling up/powering up my Pokemon seems much more time consuming than it used to be.

I spent maybe an hour trying to up my Zubat so that he could learn 'bite' because the wild Pokemon I battle simply don't provide enough experience. I'm stuck in the grass town because Team Galactic has this... cat-thing that totally destroys all of me with its' Faint Attack. All of my Pokemon are in the range of level 10 - level 15, but have yet to evolve. I figure it's a matter of time before my starting Pokemon evolves, and from there my situation should hopefully improve.

There is a lot to like about this game so far. Organizing items and TMs is so much easier, and I love using the touch screen during battle. The graphic improvements are also something worth noting, although I don't feel like they have progressed as much since the GBA days as I thought they would. The music still give me a headache, but I've always played Pokemon with the sound off anyway.

So yeah, thumbs up. We definitely need to start a Pokemon tournament on here. White, I'm looking at you to organize this.

-Shy[/size]

[QUOTE=White][COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]
I had the same problem, actually. What I did was I caught a [url=http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/436.shtml]Bronzor[/url] and a [url=http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/203.shtml]Girafarig[/url] and slaughtered the fighting Pokemon with Psybeam and Extrasensory (psychic pwns fighting, FYI).

You could also catch an [url=http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/063.shtml]Abra[/url] (and a Kadabra/Alakazam [i]would[/i] be better than the other two) but those are a pain and a half to catch/level.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]You can trade a Machop for an Abra in the mining town, I can't really thin k of the name right now. Which since traded pokemon level faster it seems to work. I'm trying to get my now evolved Abra/Kadabra to get up to thirty, forty for the fifth ghost-type gym leader. I hate ghost type and my quest for a dark pokemon has lead my no where.

Maylene was actually pretty simple, I beat her with just my Staravia. But beside that I do agree on the leveling issue. More so on the fact that most of the moves a pokemon can get are pretty sorry, more status affecting and few of the kick-*** moves in the past. There are very few wild pokemon that can raise my levels the best thing I can suggest is to just use the VS Seeker and battle Ace Trainers since they have pretty strong pokemon that hand out a pretty penny of EXP.

I would be glad to compete in a pokemon tournment, and if anyone wants to exchange codes to battle/trade PM me.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#0e1030][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS][quote name='Shy][size=1'] but leveling up/powering up my Pokemon seems much more time consuming than it used to be.[/size][/quote]

Ug I know, in the early levels. Leveling up was a complete pain in the *** (Since I really like to power level my pokemon when I play), but after the first gym leader it gets [I]much[/I] easier to do so.

I was rather surprised about the number of legendary Pokemon in this game though. There isn't five, or six, or even ten, but thirteen (Twelve if you want to account for Dialga / Palkia). Talk about overkill. The pokemon Tourny would be awesome though. It must be done.

My Kadabra and Haunter would look a lot better as a Gengar and an Alakazam though :animecry: [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]