OtakuBoards

Pok

Erika

[QUOTE=Ikillion][COLOR=#0e1030][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]

Yah can't find those in the wild in pearl. You get a Bonsly instead.

Its almost time for me to catch Dialga :animesmil [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[size=1]Ugh. Bonsly are stupid. Can anyone trade with me for a Mime Jr.?

As for the Steelix thing, that's kind of disappointing. I don't want a [i]wild[/i] Steelix, I want to evolve the Onix I've had since level 10 or so. Oh well. He probably isn't going to stay on my team in the long run. Speaking of my team:

Lvl. 35 Roserade
Lvl. 35 Prinplup
Lvl. 34 Onix
Lvl. 35 Crobat
Lvl. 34 Staraptor
Lvl. 34 Luxray

-Shy[/size]

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[center][color=#990033][size=1]*sigh* Damn, wow. This is my first post in a year or so. Well, anyways, back to business.

I personally am more psyched about these games than when I started talking about it so long ago. I don't get my college refund money until like, two Mondays from now, and I'll DEFINITELY run to the game store to grab Pearl Version.

WiFi, Day & Night elements (you know, a tad bit more realism is nice for once 9_9), etc. I'm just too damn excited to say much other than I'm totally going to go for the Grass-type starter. I just wish they had a bit more monster/dragon-looking Pokemon. Yeah I know there are new ones, and *some* look real good actually. I just missed the more themed-looking Pokemon like there was in R/B/Y & G/S/C. Personally, I think the Pokemon designs now feel too random.[/size][/color][/center]

[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma][QUOTE=Shy][size=1]Ugh. Bonsly are stupid. Can anyone trade with me for a Mime Jr.?

As for the Steelix thing, that's kind of disappointing. I don't want a [i]wild[/i] Steelix, I want to evolve the Onix I've had since level 10 or so. Oh well. He probably isn't going to stay on my team in the long run. Speaking of my team:

Lvl. 35 Roserade
Lvl. 35 Prinplup
Lvl. 34 Onix
Lvl. 35 Crobat
Lvl. 34 Staraptor
Lvl. 34 Luxray

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]
I've got a Mime Jr. you can have. I don't care what you get me in return, either. Just catch a random Pokemon and I'll take it. He's level 22, btw.

My friend code is in the Online thread. Just PM me whenever.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Here's Info on the Amity Park that I picked up off of Serebi.net:

[QUOTE] There are many people and things spread about Amity Square including several items such as TM45 and the Spooky Plate. It's worth having a look around.[/QUOTE]
So yeah. Just use the Step Counter and you can track when you get items. :D

Side-note: My Lucario is level 29! <3[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1]Oh I want a Bonsly! I think their pretty nifty so....anyone wanna trade me one? I can trade a Mime Jr. or some other pokemon that's Diamond only(execpt Diagla) that I've caught so far.

Concerning the park: So you have to walk a ceratin amount of steps? Well that makes sense I guess. That is my quest for this even-a-ing and I shall complete it. Oh anyone think that Spiritomb is the pwnage pokemon?? And Gible? It has such a cute name. I think I drove my nephew crazy with that all day.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Ummm I'm pretty sure you can catch a Mr Mime Jr in Pearl...Go the the Pokemon mansion and on one of the days he will have mr mime jrs in his back yard...he did for me anyways >_>.

I just breeded like 10 eevee's lol. They make eggs FAST!

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Oh crap...I wasn't paying attention last night and didn't post the whole thing...

[QUOTE]There are many people and things spread about Amity Square including several items such as TM45 and the Spooky Plate. It's worth having a look around.

However, the biggest thing of note is that the Pokémon you have following you will end up picking up items every 200 steps. All you have to do is talk to it and take the item off it. These items are all Contest Related, mostly being Contest Accessories, but you can sometimes pick up berries. Below are what can be picked up and their rarity for each Pokémon[/QUOTE]
I'm so sorry... I was playing Pokemon Diamond, so I wasn't paying attention... >_<;

Side-note: I got 5 Legendary Pokemon! :D[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Kirra][COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Do you mean Battle Tower?[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote][color=#007520]By Level-Matching, I meant that if you played Wi-Fi with a friend and chose to battle either a "Lv 100" or "Lv 50" battle, all the Pokémon in your party will be at those levels, no matter what level they really are at. Ikillion and I tried it the other day. Your real level seems to still make a big difference so I'm not sure how the stats are calculated...

Anyway, I haven't had much time to play this game since I've been working so much this week, so I've made no progress... and Tatsu if you keep posting how much you've beaten the game on Facebook, I going to start thinking you're showing off. :P

-r2[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Gavin][SIZE=1']I'm glad I'm not the only one giving a Saiyan name to that Pokémon.[/SIZE][/quote]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1]It wasn't actually a 'sayian name' more of a Saiyuki name aka Journey to The West but yes they are based off the same thing.

Ugh I haven't been able to play in a while since...well...I lost my DS. Yeah I'm a loser. [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#0e1030][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS][quote name='Tempest][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1]It wasn't actually a 'sayian name' more of a Saiyuki name aka Journey to The West but yes they are based off the same thing. [/SIZE'] [/COLOR][/quote]
But his power level is over 9000!!

Anyhow, is anyone ready for a tourney yet? [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Tempest][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1]It wasn't actually a 'sayian name' more of a Saiyuki name aka Journey to The West but yes they are based off the same thing.

Ugh I haven't been able to play in a while since...well...I lost my DS. Yeah I'm a loser. [/SIZE] [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]I thought so, I meant to say DBZ, as Kakarott would actually be his Saiyan name. Any other 'mon of yours have a Journey to the West name ?[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Ikillion][COLOR=#0e1030][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]
But his power level is over 9000!!

Anyhow, is anyone ready for a tourney yet? [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Bah Vegeta will always be stronger... he was just uhhh... pretending >_> <_< ...yeah pretending to be weaker to give Goku a chance. Obviously he saw the need for him in the future.

I will be as soon as I manage to get my hands on the bloody game. There goes the first few weeks of my summer anyway...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][QUOTE=Gavin][SIZE=1]I thought so, I meant to say DBZ, as Kakarott would actually be his Saiyan name. Any other 'mon of yours have a Journey to the West name ?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Bah Vegeta will always be stronger... he was just uhhh... pretending >_> <_< ...yeah pretending to be weaker to give Goku a chance. Obviously he saw the need for him in the future.

I will be as soon as I manage to get my hands on the bloody game. There goes the first few weeks of my summer anyway...[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Sadly, no. I'm not all that into nicknames for my pokemons I normally only name my starter. DBZ never did it for me, I thought just regular DB was the best series.

But, hey I'll totally be ready for a tornament! As soon as I find my DS....

Yes! Vegeta was pretending, there was no need to be stronger and plus the loser always gets the lady.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Tempest][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Sadly, no. I'm not all that into nicknames for my pokemons I normally only name my starter.[/COLOR'][/SIZE][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Heh, if give one a nickname I tend to feel somehow obligated to give the rest of them clever nicknames.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin][SIZE=1']Heh, if give one a nickname I tend to feel somehow obligated to give the rest of them clever nicknames.[/SIZE][/quote]

[size=1][color=navy][i]Clever? As in naming them with nicknames related to how they look/what they are? xDD

I like finding names that don't necessarily correlate but still fit well. My attack Deoxys is named Miasma and I've always named my Blastoise Boomer since the Blue Version, and my Nidoking, Raven. xD[/i][/color][/size]

[quote name='Erika][size=1][color=navy][i]Clever? As in naming them with nicknames related to how they look/what they are? xDD[/i][/color'][/size][/quote]

[SIZE=1]To paraphrase Forest Gump Erika "Clever is as clever does."[/SIZE]

[color=crimson][size=1]I've had this game for a while, maybe a week after it came out. I beat the E5 (Oh, sue me, I know it's E4 and CHAMPION.) a few weeks ago, and ever since then have been Wi-Fiing my way up to awesomeness. My team that I'm training now is Magmortar, Zangoose, Metagross, Blastoise, Sceptile, and Spiritomb.[/color][/size]

Guest mman
Agh, I haven't gotten either yet, and I need something to play on my malnurished DS! Not that there aren't any good games, just that I don't have any money... Also, my gamer friends at school keep on showing me their rare events Pokemon, which just gets me pumped up more...

[quote name='mman']Agh, I haven't gotten either yet, and I need something to play on my malnurished DS! Not that there aren't any good games, just that I don't have any money... Also, my gamer friends at school keep on showing me their rare events Pokemon, which just gets me pumped up more...[/quote]
[size=1][color=navy]Yeah really. I was so glad one of my college classmates traded me an Egg with a Cranidos!! I can't wait for it to be hatched, it's almost there! xO RHAWR.

Okay. I just finished the second Gym Leader. lol So far the game's been freaking easy. It'd better get more challenging. And I HATE the fact that I can't see my character's location on the map in the PokeDex entries. =__=

Yah! I'm totally loving my Grass starter, with Curse! >:]

[b]EDIT[/b] - Oh, snap, my Cranidos hatched today and I've been totally serving Rapidash with Rock Tomb. Even better, they've provided great training given that they were 5 or so levels higher than my cute little Deimos. >x] Now he's already up to level 12.[/color][/size]

Guest tigerboy20
I've only had the game 4 3 weeks and i already got 276 pkmn. Not only that but i hav the perfect lv 100 team.....and i wish i had wi-fi, that way i can prove that i am not lyin. Plus im looking 4 some1 who has good pkmn 4 a battle tower team-up.
[size=1][color=red]Welcome Tigerboy20. Otakuboards has a strong emphasies on posting quality. This also includes correct spelling as well as no abbreviations. Let's not get too lazy here. Before continuing to post, I encourage you to get familiar with the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?]Rules[/URL]. If you have any questions feel free to contact me or any other staff member. ~Phenom~[/color][/size]

• 1 month later...
[color=darkred]I'm considering buying this game (haven't decided which one yet) and the only thing holding me back is the possibility that it's the same as the previous Pokemon games, but just revamped a little, so could someone give me a little insight as to whether it'll be money well spent? I think I trust you guys enough.[/color]

[quote name='Bombu'][color=darkred]I'm considering buying this game (haven't decided which one yet) and the only thing holding me back is the possibility [B]that it's the same as the previous Pokemon games, but just revamped a little[/B], so could someone give me a little insight as to whether it'll be money well spent? I think I trust you guys enough.[/color][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Haven't they always been that way though Bombu ? I mean sure there were a few cool little additions in between each "generation", but it's been pretty much the same thing with new graphics each time. Not saying that should stop you from buying it, I'm just debating myself which one to get. [/SIZE]

[quote name='Bombu'][color=darkred]Yeah I know, but this time around I'm a little tired of the same formula, so I was wondering if there was anything new about it that would make it more interesting.[/color][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Well I think the Wi-Fi battling is definitely something that adds a new twist to the series. Day and night cycles from Gold/Silver are back too which is a nice feature, never understood why it was dropped from Sapphire/Ruby[/SIZE]