OtakuBoards

Introduce me to OB!

Hylian

Yep. Not really new to Myotaku just the boards >_>. Mysite is Hylian88 and I might know some of you though I doubt it.

Anyways! Any fads or things like that going around? And how is everyone? :)

EDIT: WOW Just read the rules...ummm oops sorry lol. So now instead of an intro thread...I'm just going to ask questions!

1. Any fads here?
2. Who are the most famous members?
3. How long have you been here/Myotaku?

Thanks.

-Hylian

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=#4B0082]Heh, good to see you've read the rules, even if a wee bit late. Welcome to the boards.

And you might know me by my "What Color Link Are You?" quiz, which I noticed you had displayed on your myOtaku page. It's always good to see more Zelda fans around here. :triforce:

I don't think there are any big fads currently raging on around here, but you can check out the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=56514][u]Members and their !Popularity![/u][/url] thread a little farther down in the forum to see who's made a name for themselves.[/color]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Haha I'm kinda new here myself. Not really new, but I just started posting and whatnot like 3 days ago...so yeah. Anyways welcome to the boards. Good to have you here. As for fads...I think anime and manga would be one. But who knows? I don't know who the most popular members are...[SIZE=1]definitely not me.[/SIZE]

My otaku boards is a fun place to be. You'll enjoy it. I do. [SIZE=1]even though I don't think anyone repsponds to anything I ever say[/SIZE] It's still fun! So I hope to see ya around!

~Kirra[/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Mr. Maul][size=1][color=DimGray]I see this ending predictably.

[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]But... if the site admin came here and even posted, but didn't close it, does that mean it's safe to post here? I don't know - the last thing I need is to get in trouble again by asking :animestun :animesigh :animesmil

In any event -- I don't think there are really any trends going around the OB currently. I'd sugest just checking out the major threads running right now... the Song of the Week thread and Best Music Artist/s (Today) thread in the music section, the immense slew of anime threads being started (mostly by me) in the anime section (someone watch these shows!), oh, and the Big Anime Event that has seeminglyy spent the last 2-3 days collecting cobwebs...

OB's kinda unlively right now really... at least there's plenty of big RPs going right now.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Blue]yeah, OB has been a tad bit dead lately. I popped up last year but all together there hasn't been a huge display of posts or threads. The ones we've got are fun, but die easily now a days. The [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?p=770847#post770847][color=blue]"What Grinds Your Gears"[/color][/URL] thread that I made has ovetr 200 posts, so check that out.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DimGray]But the Music, Movies, TV forum has been bursting now too. It used to be I wouldn't see that many new threads around there. Tis always a good place to check out.

As for the myotaku, I made one but na... I don't go there at all.[/COLOR]

Welcome, Hylian! :catgirl: I only came here a day or two ago myself, but I can help answer a few things...

1. "Forum Marriages" seem to be really popular.
2. Dunno many people yet, but White and the Admins and such seem to be really cool. As well as everyone who so kindly helped me out in the "Pokemon Diamond and Pearl" thread on my Gym battles. Thanks, guys!
3. Three or so days/the_heart.

I'd love to make you an avatar or sig if you want one, just give me a call, k?

[COLOR=Magenta]Hey there welcome to the OB. Nice to see new people now and then. For me, I've been here since about a year ago well actually a year and a couple of months if I remember correctly. But there is something that is going on in the Community Events. It's called the Big OB Anime Event. It's pretty awesome and anyone can join and unjoin at any time. You should check it out. I'm not very popular here even though I've been here for only a year but you could make friends quick. Have a good time on the OB. ^^

See ya'. ^^[/COLOR]

I don't think there are any fads going on right now that I'm aware of at least. There is the Big OB Event that you could join though. The Music, Movie, and TV seems to be busy lately as well. Other then that things have been alittle dead.

I too recommend the Members and Popularity! thread to find out who is popular at the moment. Link provide in Desbreko post.

I have been here on Otakuboards since 2004 and have not made a big popularity mark on otakuboards. I voice my opinion on matters no matter if they are small or big. I do however tend to go away for periods of time when I get busy though.

[QUOTE=Hylian]1. Any fads here?
2. Who are the most famous members?
[/QUOTE]

Read Otakupedia.

Also, I own the theOtaku network and OtakuBoards--although I am in the market to sell it. PM me with an offer.

[SIZE=1]I've been here forever. Six years.

Famous members? Yeah, read Otakupedia. All of OBs history can be found in there. Charles is pretty famous. I think he deserves a Star in Hollywood, where they put those things. Yeah.

OB used to have signature fads. Example, alot of people had a .Hack//SIGN banner or soemthing. Currently non that I can think of.[/SIZE]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange']But... if the site admin came here and even posted, but didn't close it, does that mean it's safe to post here? I don't know - the last thing I need is to get in trouble again by asking :animestun :animesigh :animesmil[/COLOR][/quote][color=#4B0082]Since he edited the post to make it more than just a, "Hey, look at me, I'm new!" thread, I didn't really see a need to close it. I also try not to crush the spirit of people who have the potential to become quality members. It's not every day you see someone come back to their intro thread after reading the rules, post an apology, and add a real subject to the thread, you know?

Oh, and yes, that does mean people who fail to demonstrate any potential with their first few posts are fair game for spirit crushing. :toothy:[/color]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange']But... if the site admin came here and even posted, but didn't close it, does that mean it's safe to post here?[/COLOR][/quote]

[color=crimson]It's a trap!!

1. Right now I don't really think there is a current fad. Usually the biggest thing around here is arguing until someone gets too huffy and needs a time out. An entire heirarchy has evolved just around arguing.

Top tier- The intellectual arguers: James, Rach, Drix, SunFallE, indifference, Allamorph and a few others.

Intellectual arguers sound smart and, sometimes, they actually are. Their arguements are usually long and extensive with too much sense for most people to handle.

Middle tier-The okay arguers: Lunox, BKStyles, Nerdsy, Sandy and many others.

These guys are okay. Not fantastic, not horrible. They're okay. Nothing wrong with being okay. It's just.. okay. Most of OB are okay arguers. They walk into a thread and are like "here's my okay opinion presented in an okay manner."

Lower tier- The 2007DigitalBoy arguers: 2007DigitalBoy.

Residing in the basement level of arguing is 2007DigitalBoy. His main duty is to keep the basement free of rodents.

Not really in a tier- Sarcastic arguers: Dead and not too many others.

Sometimes they have a point to make, most of time they just have something sarcastic or witty to say.

2. There are several popular members and it changes over time. The name "Juuthena" probably doesn't ring too many bells amongst newer members which should be a good indicator of how trends change over time here given how much of a cult she had.

3. Gonna be six years this October.[/color]

[QUOTE=DeathKnight][color=crimson]Not really in a tier- Sarcastic arguers: Dead and not too many others.

Sometimes they have a point to make, most of time they just have something sarcastic or witty to say.[/color][/QUOTE][size=1]This group sounds like loads of fun. :) I think that group of arguers is going under an other name, but I can't really remember it from the top of my head.[/size]

[quote name='DeathKnight][color=crimson']The name "Juuthena" probably doesn't ring too many bells amongst newer members ...[/color][/quote][size=1]Which is a capital crime.[/size]

[size=1]Last February I spent a whole night crying that I already have been at OtakuBoards for five years. The next morning I woke up realizing that it could be a lot worse. I'd mention names, but I don't want DigitalBoy2007 to feel attacked.

Oh, and ussually I'm the fad, when I'm not sharing my throne of popularity with James.[/size]

[QUOTE=DeathKnight][color=crimson]

These guys are okay. Not fantastic, not horrible. They're okay. Nothing wrong with being okay. It's just.. okay. Most of OB are okay arguers. They walk into a thread and are like "here's my okay opinion presented in an okay manner."[/color][/QUOTE]

I feel redeemed. XD

[quote name='DeathKnight][color=crimson']2. There are several popular members and it changes over time. The name "Juuthena" probably doesn't ring too many bells amongst newer members which should be a good indicator of how trends change over time here given how much of a cult she had.[/color][/quote]

It was [I]insane[/I] how popular Juuthena was! She was practically a goddess to some people. Never to me, I had my own goddess. *smiles at the memory of GinnyLyn*

[quote name='DeathKnight][color=crimson']3. Gonna be six years this October.[/color][/quote]

Five years just passed a little over a month ago with me. Time really flies by.

Wow lots of replys ^_^! Thanks to the admins for understanding my lack of reading abilities lol! Yeah I figured I would check the rules since I didn't see any other intro threads except a locked one and sure enough.. >_>. I would consider myself pretty intellegent >_>..I have some experience with forums lol. I post on Gamefaqs..smashboards..flashflashrevolution..and things like that alot so it not like its the first time I've use a forum before..

Oh and to the person who offered me a sig..Thanks! I already have one but it won't fit on here lol! Well I have two actually check them out:

[IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i251/Hadou-Master/hylian2.png [/IMG]

[IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i251/Hadou-Master/hylian.png[/IMG]]

And in case the img tags don'twork >_>:

[url]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i251/Hadou-Master/hylian2.png[/url]

[url]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i251/Hadou-Master/hylian.png[/url]

[quote name='Charles']Also, I own the theOtaku network and OtakuBoards--although I am in the market to sell it. PM me with an offer.[/quote][color=#9933ff]Careful now. Someone new might actually think you're serious. ;)[/color]
[quote name='DeathKnight][color=crimson']2. There are several popular members and it changes over time. The name "Juuthena" probably doesn't ring too many bells amongst newer members which should be a good indicator of how trends change over time here given how much of a cult she had.[/color][/quote][color=#9933ff]Juu! Oh man, you're right -- a testimony to the changing times. >_>;

Hmm, about the actual questions Hylian asked:
1. There aren't really any fads going on right now (Whoever said that "signature marriages" were popular clearly wasn't here at the time that I was spurred to create the OtakuBoards family tree due to how many people were related to each other). The only real fad, I think, is the OB Anime Event in the Community forum. Check it out if you like. =)

2. James is probably the one famous member who hasn't changed over time. As the big cheese in charge (with a lot to contribute, to boot), I can see why. Other than that, popularity comes and goes, and I mean that for everyone. There was even a time when a certain crazy white boy was *shock* not [i]as[/i] popular as he is now. ;)

3. Let's see, I joined in Feb. 2002 during v4 (the dark, scary skinned v4). Holy ****, that means I've been here for FIVE years! *cries* @__@; I'M OLD!! NOOOO!!! ;_; [/color]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange]lol, the minute I saw the words 'hierchy of arguing' i new for sure I'd be in the bottom tier, maybe with [B]F-H[/B'] alongside, but wow, I get it all to myself! Cozy.[/COLOR][/quote]

[COLOR=Blue]Don't make me come through this thread and poo...

Ummmm, yeah you'd thik I'd be beside you there DB, but ya know i'm lower... :animenose [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=DeathKnight][color=crimson]
Top tier- The intellectual arguers: James, Rach, Drix, SunFallE, indifference, Allamorph and a few others.

Intellectual arguers sound smart and, sometimes, they actually are. Their arguements are usually long and extensive with too much sense for most people to handle.

These guys are okay. Not fantastic, not horrible. They're okay. Nothing wrong with being okay. It's just.. okay. Most of OB are okay arguers. They walk into a thread and are like "here's my okay opinion presented in an okay manner."

Lower tier- The 2007DigitalBoy arguers: 2007DigitalBoy.

Residing in the basement level of arguing is 2007DigitalBoy. His main duty is to keep the basement free of rodents.

Not really in a tier- Sarcastic arguers: Dead and not too many others.

Sometimes they have a point to make, most of time they just have something sarcastic or witty to say.
[/color][/QUOTE]

[color=dimgray]
@ Hylian: As you can see from this DK's post, OB is made up of average internet nerds and people who want to sound really intellectual and smart. *thumbs up!*
[/color]

[QUOTE=Charles]So now we're grouping people into hierarchies of intelligence?

No want.[/QUOTE]

[font=tahoma]Lol, especially if the categorization isn't completely accurate to begin with.

I appreciate Deathknight thinking he knows me well enough to place my name so confidently on a tier of intellegence, but the fact of the matter intellegence isn't always measured by the amount of words someone can spit out on a keyboard or how many people who don't know better themselves you can impress with only linguistics. Also while vocabulary is a nice thing to have, knowing when and how to use it is the key to being intellegent, not spitting out some words you saw in a dictionary because they seemed impressive. Sounding smart isn't the same as being smart, there's much to be considered when judging if someone is truly intellegent or not.

In reference to our little unofficial hierarchy, I don't know if you know the others on the list you mentioned or not, you probably do for the most part, but you certainly do not know me. You certainly have not been paying attention either if you want to grant yourself the title of right-to-judge. If it's your opinion than so be it, everyone is entitled to one even if it is trying to be passed off as general community-wide consensus from a single viewpoint.

No disrespect DK, because you probably didn't meant any to me. Just expressing that it's rather bothersome to walk into a thread and see someone misjudging you because of a lack of comprehension toward who you really are.

Addressing the topic while I'm here, since this is the true purpose of the thread: Havn't really noticed any "fads" in reference to the intended meaning of the word here, but what was formerly known as the arena (now a part of Creative Works along with other sections) has been pretty lively lately after a long period of relative inactivity. Been RPing with a good majority of the same people who have been RPing since i've joined along with some noteworthy newcomers. Tis quite fun indeed. [/font]

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][quote name='DeathKnight][color=crimson']Not really in a tier- Sarcastic arguers: Dead and not too many others.[/color][/quote]
Come on now, we have a tier. It's so far above the rest we look down upon them as Gods, passing judgment and meddling in the affairs of mortals only when we deem necessary. And when the people [Sandy] doth cry for retribution for the misdeeds we perpetrate against them, we send our emissary Charles to placate them with funny pictures, and all is well.

No need to sell yourself (or me) short, Kenneth.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]