OtakuBoards

Fifteen Random Songs Game Reborn!

2010DigitalBoy

[SIZE=1]

[INDENT] 1. [B][U] Helicopter[/B][/U] / Bloc Party | Silent Alarm
- the song that got me addicted to them.

2. [B][U] First Day [Remix][/B][/U] / Timo Maas Vs. General Midi | Pictures
- I heard this one on Burnout Revenge, fell in love with it, I like the dark and evil feel to it, goes well with the game's emphasis on getting retribution

3.[B][U] I Dissapear[/B][/U] / The Faint | Wet From Birth
- recommended to me by a friend, I love the distorted bass in the chorus, great skateboarding song.

4. [B][U] The Prayer [Break + Silent Witness Remix] [/B][/U] / Bloc Party | A Weekend In The City: Remixed
- I like this one, love the breakneck drum and bass club feel its got.

5. [B][U] Death By Misadventure[/B][/U] / Anberlin | Cities
- I picked this one after I listened to [B][U] The Paperthin Hymn[/B][/U] and I like the post metal feel to it.

6. [B][U] Aliens Exsist[/B][/U] / Blink 182 | Enema Of The State
- one of their best gag songs, and possibly the best thing they've played.

7. [B][U] The Paperthin Hymn[/B][/U] / Anberlin | Never Take Friendship Personal
- man, this song is one of the best [non Bloc Party] songs I've ever heard, the video has changed my views on life and the song [along with some wake up calls] has helped me find faith in God again. [[URL=http://youtube.com/watch?v=2exE-td4F3k]link to video][/URL]

8. [B][U] The Writing On The Walls[/B][/U] / underĂ˜ATH | Define The Great Line
- in my opinion one of their hardest songs to date, also this is one of the songs that put my life back on track, and helped me become a Christian again.

9. [B][U] Somebody Told Me [Lounge Mix][/B][/U] / The Killers Vs. Brian Walker And Jessica Wesker | The Club Hell Sessions
- we stripped the track of the guitars, left the bassline, did some synth work and layed in a cool drumline [complete with cowbell], what we ended up with was this very chilled out remix.

10. [B][U] The Pioneers[/B][/U] / Bloc Party | Silent Alarm
- the song at the heart of their debut, and what a very powerful message it carries. [nothing to do with religion]

11. [B][U] Merge On The Freeway [Dissapear Here][/B][/U] / Bloc Party | A Weekend In The City
- starts out quiet, like a dull queue going to work on through the tube, and eventually turns out to be as loud as Kings Cross [metaphorically speaking]

12. [B][U]Waiting For The 7.18[/B][/U] / Bloc Party | A Weekend In The City
- one word: beautiful.

13. [B][U] The Brainwasher [South London Trance Mix][/B][/U] / Daft Punk Vs. Jessica Wesker | The Club Hell Sessions
- I just love how she gave it this feeling of doom.

14.[B][U] The Once And Future King[/B][/U] / Bloc Party | A Weekend In The City
- one of their best songs to date, [B][U][I] PERIOD[/B][/I][/U]

15. [B][U]The Present[/B][/U] / Bloc Party | Help: A Day In The Life
- I love the warm fuzzy feeling the guitars leave.[/indent][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
01. Way Away - Yellowcard
-- Hmm.. haven't listened to this song in forever... Yellowcard used to be pretty popular at my school...

02. Everybody Hurts - R.E.M
-- Ah yes, R.E.M. ... haven't listened to this one in awhile. A good sigh, I guess, since I used to listen to it when I was depressed, so, like every week..

03. March - Andre Previn and the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
-- This is from the Nutcracker. Haven't listened to this in a while either.. Christmas, I guess..

04. What I've Done - Linkin Park
-- New CD.. I like this song though. The rest of the CD is pretty much meh though. Meteora is sooooo much better.. but my roommate borrowed it three years ago and I haven't seen it since... grr..

05. I Will - Sowelu
-- The fourth ending for Hagane no Renkinjutsushi...

06. Just - Radiohead
-- Uh.. It's radiohead. From the bends. Not my favorite track from that CD though.. I like High and Dry and Fake Plastic Trees best..

07. Stay Away - Nirvana
-- Haven't listened to Nirvana in awhile either.. Lithium makes me happy though. :)

08. Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin
-- Only the second best song by the best band EVER. (The best is Kashmir)

09. Dance of Curse
-- The Escaflowne Battle theme.. Anything by Yoko Kanno is amazing... And I like that whole chorus thing..

10. Dude (I Totally Miss You) - Tenacious D
-- Tenacious D always reminds me of my roommate. Her and this other girl in my dorm would sing Tribute over and over in the middle of the night when I was trying to sleep.. annoying, yes, but... I Totally Miss her :)

11. We're Not Gonna Take It - Twisted Sister
-- Fun to blast when I get pissed at someone.

12. Girls, Girls, Girls - Motley Crue
-- I think I've listened to this the whole way through once. Maybe. I like it though.. More or Less.

13. Edge of Seventeen - Stevie Nicks
-- This is off of the School of Rock Soundtrack, which I went and got like 10 minutes after I saw the movie. (There was a CD store all of two feet outside the theater.. lucky for me) I love Stevie Nicks' voice... wish I sounded like that... sorta..

14. Sunshine Of Your Love - Cream
-- From the same soundtrack as Edge of Seventeen.. another happy one...

15. In Pieces - Linkin Park
-- meh. Meteora's so much better.

I've listened to 4 of these in the last month.. and I only like two of those four... I think I have too much music...

I love this game!!! I did two of these in the last version, and now I'm doing a third! Now I have 525 songs on my MP3 player--let's see what we can come up with:

[color=indigo][size=1]1. [b]Aurora[/b] - Ordinary World
This is a pretty interesting song of the techno genre. And, I think this song came up in one of the last versions of this 15-song thing I did... here we go again. >.< Anyways, I heard of quite a few versions of this song--the best one is the original, definitely.

2. [b]The Beatles[/b] - Come Together
Okay, I like the Beatles, but this isn't one of my favourite songs of theirs... Still, it's pretty neat, considering all the lyrics seem to be random...

3. [b]Cher[/b] - All or Nothing
I have four of Cher's songs one my MP3 player, and this is my least favourite... Still, it's a slightly-better-than-okay song. This song was from in the more recent era, perhaps somewhere in the 80's or 90's.

4. [b]The Chipmunks[/b] - The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late)
I always loved hearing this song on the radio around Christmas-time. Anyways, the Chipmunks are so cute, and I still can't fathom how they did those high voices back in the 50's where pitch-altering technology didn't exist... Anyways, the first CD I ever got was the Chipmunks' Greatest Hits album, which is where this song came from.

5. [b]Enya[/b] - Caribbean Blue
Ah yes, Enya, the woman who really got me into New Age music. The songs are always relaxing (well, "Orinoco Flow" isn't very relaxing, but...) and full of good tunes. In fact, when I was doing the essay part of my English Placement Test for college, I wrote an essay about her and how she influenced me.

6. [b]Jessica Simpson[/b] - A Little Bit
Yes, I do like a few pop songs too... though it's not my favourite genre. I liked this song for quite a while, ever since I was in middle school, even though it's never been a favourite for me.

7. [b]Daft Punk[/b] - One More Time
Okay, so now we get into a song I loved back in middle school, but don't care as much for because it's kind of repetitive. Still, it has that nice experimental quality that is typical of Daft Punk.

8. [b]Siria[/b] - Endless Summer
Siria sounds a lot like Cascada for some odd reason. Anyways, this is one of those Euro Dance songs I heard on an internet radio station then spent months searching for on iTunes.

9. [b]Chris Spheeris[/b] - Eros
This song reminds me more of a desert than of a god of love... Still, now we get into the more folk-ish part of my interest in New Age music. Again, out of the four sings of his I have on my MP3 player, this one's my least favourite, but I still pretty much like it. "Dancing with the Muse" is a lot better.

10. [b]Green Day[/b] - Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
I heard this song quite a few times in my dance class... Anyways, I heard Green Day was a punk band, but this song doesn't sound like punk to me... Which is also strange because this is the only one of Green Day's songs I like so far.

11. [b]Celtic Woman[/b] - The Sky and the Dawn and the Sun
Enya may have got me [i]initially[/i] interested in New Age music, but I really didn't start liking it till I heard of Celtic Woman. The songs are so awesome, their voices so lovely... This song is no exception. And, I just heard this song in one of their concerts just thirty days ago.

12. [b]Jennifer Lopez[/b] - Play
Hee hee, it's a song about asking a DJ to play one's favourite song--and then getting irritated and angry at the DJ for not playing it. I also joke about an F word that was obviously censored out of this song. ("I've asked you three times... play my _____ song!")

13. [b]Blu Cantrell[/b] - Hit 'Em Up Style
Out of all the twisted love songs about how to get back at a cheating boyfriend, this is my favourite. Anyways, I sang this song at a karaoke show once.

14. [b]DJ Tiesto[/b] - Adagio for Strings
A nice techno twist on a classical song. The tune repeats throughout the song, but it's still pretty good anyways.

15. [b]Village People[/b] - YMCA
I loved this song ever since I was in fifth grade, when we did a dance to this song in a play we had to do. Later on, I saw the Village People in concert, in which they instructed the audience on the arm movements of the chorus of this song before performing it...[/color][/size]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As you can see, I listen to a wide variety of music... let's see, we have some techno, pop, classic rock, disco, and new age... and a funny song by the Chipmunks. Yep, that's variety!

[color=darkred][size=1]

My MP3 player hardly has all my music on it, but here goes what I got...

[b]Fragile Lives[/b] by The Offspring
One of my best friends, Corbin, turned me onto The Offspring and bought me their Greatest Hits Album for my birthday. I've loved the band and this song ever since. It's so depressing, yet, upbeat.

[b]Dying To Live[/b] by The Notorious B.I.G. and Tupac Shakur
A great song, also from my friend Corbin. I'd liked the song before I got the CD from him, but the more I listened to it, the more I grew to like it's message and Tupac's rhyme scheme.

[b]Go Crazy[/b] by Young Jeezy, Jay-Z, and Fat Joe
I'd heard this song on the radio and went NUTS after I heard Jay-Z's part. "I'm a hustler's hope, I'm not his pipe dreams/ So when he speaks of success, I'm what he might mean/" WHAT? I'm not a huge fan of Jeezy, but this is definetely one of his better lyrical tracks. And Fat Joe... what more can I say than "CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK!!!"

[b]Takeover[/b] by Jay-Z
A synth of hard rock guitar and bass creates the beat to the century's greatest battle rap song this side of "300 Bars". In this classic song, possibly my favorite Jay-Z song, Hova takes out all his enemies at the time, including his then rivals Nas and Mobb Deep.

[b]Tell Me When To Go Remix[/b] by E-40, Kanye West, and Ice Cube
Do to the lack of Keak The Sneak, I actually like the original version more. However, the lyrics added by Kanye and Cube are great regardless. A great Hyphy song.

[b]Southern Takeover[/b] by Chamillionaire, Killer Mike, and Pastor Troy
My good friend Edward turned me onto Chamillionaire, and he hasn't fallen from my top list since. This super-gangsta song about the South's rise to fame is highly violent, and oh-so beautiful.

[b]That Surp[/b] by Three 6 Mafia and Lil' Flip
Flipparachi's Houston-style influences Three 6 in one of their first Screwed and Chopped songs. A drug-laden adventure through Codine-laced Sprite drinks and Robitussen binges, it makes you feel about as high as the people who made the song.

[b]Let's Start A Riot[/b] by Three 6 Mafia
A great song to run around and punch cops to. Seriously, that's all music really needs to be.

[b]Sittin' Sidewayz[/b] by Paul Wall and Big Pokey
The first song where I realized that Paul Wall isn't just a gimmick of Mike Jones'. It took me some time to find out that the Iceman has been rapping for nearly twice as long as young Mr. Jones, and with one of my newly found favs, King Koopa himself, Chamillionaire. Big Pokey, I could do without, but still a great car cranker.

[b]In The Trunk[/b] by Chamillionaire
Probably my favorite Chamillionaire song, such a great battle song and show of his great lyrical style. "Gauge Gonna Get Sprayed Like It's Raid When You See My App-Roach". You can't get no better...

[b]Frontin'[/b] by Chamillionaire
Even better Screwed and Chopped, this song has the Color Changin' Lizard describing just how much he dislikes people who aren't really real.

[b]Beast and the Harlot[/b] by Avenged Sevenfold
Definetly my favorite song by them. I was turned onto A7X by my buddy Bo. To this day, they are one of my favorite bands, and definetly the greatest Hard-Rock Metal I've heard in a long time. Zacky Vengeance and Synster Gates play unmatched guitar, and the solos are just... amazing. Do yourself a favor, listen. It'll turn you into a satanist.

[b]Public Service Announcement[/b] by Jay-Z
A little cut-away free style by Jay in the Black Album, it played as a cut-away sign off for the "Dirt Off Your Shoulders" video. An amazing freestyle, me and my bud Matt sung it for years after it's release and still remember all the words out of no where.

[b]My Name Is MC[/b] by MC Chris
With a beat jacked DIRECTLY from the White Stripes song "Steady As She Goes", Chris makes it work and creates a great lyrical rap over the rock 'n' roll beat. I love it for all that it is. Also, Jack White sings on the hook. Gotta love it.

[b]Void In My Life[/b] by Chamillionaire
By far the MOST heartfelt rap performance ever, ever, ever done. The song goes along Koopa's struggle to choose his religion in the face of his parent's divorce, his father a Muslim and his mother a Christian, you can see the conflict of interest. He sings, beautifully, on the hook, and the beat itself is enough to bring a tear to your eye. Such a GREAT song, classic.[/color][/size]

[SIZE=1][INDENT]1. [B][U] Phantom [Part I][/B][/U] / Justice | ?
- the song that got me interested into French House again

2. [B][U] Phantom [Part II][/B][/U] / Justice | ?
- the rest of the song that got me inteterested into French House again.

3. [B][U] Kreuzberg[/B][/U] / Bloc Party | A Weekend In The City
- one of the slowest things I've heard from them, it makes me think of a colder version of This Modern Love.

4. [B][U] Speed Of Sound [Zero Space Reinterpretation][/B][/U] / Coldplay Vs. Jessica Wesker | The Club Hell Sessions
- just full of raw energy for an entire 08:30, I love it.

5. [B][U] The Devil In A Blue Dress[/B][/U] / Senses Fail Vs. Coheed And Cambria | Inc.
- yay for a story of alien warfare and hookers! =]

6. [B][U] Positive Tension[/B][/U] / The Go! Team | Silent Alarm: Remixed
- hard to belive this is a remix, it sounds completely different from the original, like as if this was their song, and not Bloc Party's.

7. [B][U] Death By Misadventure[/B][/U] / Anberlin | Cities
- makes me think of a twisted version of the Peter Pan story every time I hear it.

8. [B][U] Aerodynamic [Daft Punk Remix][/B][/U] / Daft Punk | Daft Club
- I like it, but I still dont get the concept of remixing your own work.

9. [B][U] Merge On The Freeway [Dissapear Here][/B][/U] / Bloc Party | A Weekend In The City
- great opener, especially when heard live.

10. [B][U] Uniform[/B][/U] / Bloc Party | A Weekend In The City
- I like how they manage to describe this era's youth subculture.

11. [B][U] The Present[/B][/U] / Bloc Party | Help: A Day In The Life
- it's got this warm fuzzy feeling to it, I never knew a band could do that.

12. [B][U] Romantic Rights [The Phones Lovers Mix][/B][/U] / Death From Above 1979 Vs. Paul Epworth | Romance Bloody Romance
- it's got this breakbeat feel to it, and just sounds so out of place. I like it.

13. [B][U] Say It Right[/B][/U] / Bloc Party | Always New Depths: The Silent Alarm Sessions
- I like this cover of that Nelly Furtado song, I really love the interlude that takes place of 3rd verse.

14. [B][U] One And Only[/B][/U] / Fall Out Boy And Timbaland | Shock Value
- they finally stop sounding so emo! yay! =]

15. [B][U] Technologic[/B][/U] / Vitalic | Human After All: The Remixed Edition.
- I like the fact that the entire song was all synthesizers and a apple speech program[/SIZE][/INDENT]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Band[/B]: Tool
[B]Song[/B]: Disgustipated
[B]Album[/B]: Undertow
This song is pretty nifty and far beyond trippy. It starts off slow with the sounds of sheep and this strange knocking. Then Maynard starts giving a speech and it sounds like it?s over a megaphone and it?s freaking hilarious cause he?s pretending to be a preacher and is saying that the lord showed him that the carrots will soon experience holocaust on harvest day and that they need to save their brothers (?damn you! Let the rabbits wear glasses! Lemme get an amen!?) The rest is some really interesting instrumentation, especially with the percussion and cool effects. I could do without the 7 minutes of crickets chirping that comes afterward though >_<

[B]Band[/B]: Opeth
[B]Song[/B]: Windowpanes (Live)
[B]Album[/B]: Lamentations
This is a little strange because Lamentations is meant to be only a DVD. When I bought this Opeth CD box set, though, apparently it was a cheaply made collection with a bootleg CD rip or something. In any event, this is probably my favorite Opeth song period, and it is bloody awesome in every way. If you don?t listen to it, you?re robbing yourself of an enriching experience. Also, they sound just as good live as on the CD.

[B]Band[/B]: Gorillaz
[B]Song[/B]: Tomorrow Comes Today
[B]Album[/B]: Gorillaz
One of the best songs from the first album. I like the chill atmosphere and just overall good production. It?s got a great feel of emotion from when the violins kick in. Very somber and mellow but still with a good beat.

[B]Band[/B]: Agalloch
[B]Song[/B]: A Desolation Song
[B]Album[/B]: The Mantle
This song is simply utterly beautiful. It?s what got me into Agalloch, and it will always be one of the saddest songs ever written to me. When I listen to this song, I can?t smile - it makes me think of sad memories and I think I?ve cried during it before. Simply an incredibly sad, pretty song - with an accordion!

[B]Band[/B]: The Mars Volta
[B]Song[/B]: Cygnus?Vismund Cygnus
[B]Album[/B]: Frances The Mute
13 minutes of awesome. Really, I can?t even explain it, it?s just something you have to experience for yourself.

[B]Song[/B]: L?via L?viaquez
[B]Album[/B]: Frances the Mute
See above. Also, lots of nifty Spanish lyrics that I memorized. The song that essentially got me into the mars volta

[B]Song[/B]: I Am The Wooden Doors
For some reason, I have some kind of grudge against this song. It?s not a bad song by any means, in fact it?s pretty cool. There?s just something about it that feels off to me. It?s something about the guitars, especially at the beginning, that bothers the hell out of me. If I can get past that, though, it?s a pretty cool song and probably one of Agalloch?s heaviest.

[B]Band[/B]: Rush
[B]Song[/B]: Limelight
[B]Album[/B]: Moving Pictures
This song is both classic and awesome. The lyrics are deep, the playing is, well, it?s freaking Rush. You know it?s a masterpiece. One day, I want to do a cover of this song.

[B]Band[/B]: Ayreon
[B]Song[/B]: Day Seven: Hope
[B]Album[/B]: The Human Equation
One of the more lighthearted and fun tracks on the album and one of my favorites. This song always makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside and fills me with emotion. When he says ?you are free? come back to me? it?s like an audio hug (whatever the hell that means). I just love this damn song.

[B]Song[/B]: Vermicide
[B]Album[/B]: Amputechture
This song is interesting in that it is one of TMV?s shortest and least obscure tracks. IMO, it is seeping with coolness. It?s not really one of my favorites of theirs, but it?s got a the kind of cool you?d get from being James Bond. Just all-around cool.

[B]Band[/B]: Red Sparrowes
[B]Song[/B]: Alone and Unaware, the Landscape was Transformed in Front of our Eyes
[B]Album[/B]: At the Soundless Dawn
Probably my favorite song by the Isis side-project post-rock band Red Sparrowes. Their music is pretty good, but it just doesn?t have the same kind of impact as Isis or Mogwai and the like. Still, a really cool song. The first 2 minutes alone convinced me to buy the album when I was first getting into post-rock.

[B]Song[/B]: Dirge For November
[B]Album[/B]: Blackwater Park
My favorite off the album, which is interesting because it?s kind of the odd-ball. I guess that makes sense since I?m not a terribly big fan of the album, but I do love this song. It?s epic, it has the perfect mix of totally calm and totally heavy for me, not to mention the heavy part is less about being overly dark and consuming, and just really sounds good. I think this song has the most deep feeling of the songs on the album, even in the lyrics. Plus, the vocals have the most impact in this song. The only problem I has is the less-than-seamless transition from heavy to soft at the end.

[B]Band[/B]: Rush
[B]Song[/B]: The Trees
[B]Album[/B]: Hemispheres
BEST SONG EVER!!!!

[B]Band[/B]: Isis
[B]Song[/B]: Holy Tears
[B]Album[/B]: In the Absence of Truth
The problem with this song is that there is another song on the album that has similar parts to this one, so they always get mixed up in my head, loosening either?s impact. Not to say that it isn?t a good song - the entire album is pretty damn cool, this just isn?t a particularly stand-out piece compared to others on the album.

[B]Band[/B]: Coheed And Cambria
[B]Song[/B]: The Light & The Glass
[B]Album[/B]: In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3
Okay, first let me get it out of the way that this is one of my favorite songs of all time. This song is oddly paced in that the first 4 minutes or so are a complete ballad, and even up to almost 6 minutes in, it?s basically a soft, slow song. But then it suddenly builds to become faster and climaxes in an ultimate epic solo-choir singing-emotional, awesome huge ending. I love this entire song for every reason there is, and the ending has a sense of finality that inspires and almost makes you disappointed that you didn?t fall asleep right at that moment. There was once a time when I related wholeheartedly to the lyrics and would cry to this song, but that is long passed. Even now, though, I can scream the lyrics with passion and love it wholly. Truly, I would consider this a lost masterpiece. I thank Claudio Sanchez? genius is underappreciated.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]Heart Shaped Glasses (Space Cowboy remix) - Marilyn Manson:
An awful, awful remix of an unotherwise bland song.

Candidate - David Bowie:
A great song off Diamond Dogs.

Better Living Through Chemistry - Queens of the Stone Age:
A trippy song off Rated R. One of the stronger songs on the album.

Lovesong - Jack Off Jill:
A boring cover of a song I'm not fond of.

Bulletman - The Bollweevils:
A fast paced song about relationships. Like most Bollweevils songs, haha.

Worms Make Dirt - The Aquabats:
Bizarre song about worms. Seriously.

The Rooster - Outkast:
One of my favourite rap songs of all time. It's funny, it's got a fun beat, and everyone should hear it.

Poke and Destroy - Presidents of the USA:
Weird ditty off Love Everybody. About as mediocre as the rest of the album really.

Give Up For Australia - TISM:
All TISM tracks sound like 80s throwbacks. This is about the Australian tendency to say '**** it' instead of persevering. Haha.

Butter on the Rim - Apocalypse Hoboken:
I like this song. Good choice, iTunes!

Qué Onda Guero - Beck:
Most of Guero is a fun ride, this is no exception. Good upbeat song with nonsensical lyrics... as usual.

Top - Live:
I don't listen to a lot of Live. This songs about par for the course for them though, which isn't a bad thing, considering Live is pretty solid and rocking.

Rainfall - Winning Days:
Don't like this song, nor most of the album it comes off. C'est la vie.

Then - Jason Webley:
A sad song about reflecting. Not recommended after a breakup.

Greyhound - Frenzal Rhomb:
Frenetic song about gambling! YAY![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Band[/B]: Opeth
[B]Song[/B]: In My Time of Need
[B]Album[/B]: Damnation
This is a simply beautiful and totally well-written song that I always find is very calming and mood-setting. It?s not depressing, but it does being about a self-reflection, which to me makes it a powerful song. I think just about anyone can relate to this song at the low points I your life (well, really low) but it is more a bringer of hope than a harbinger of sorrow.

[B]Song[/B]: Backlit
[B]Album[/B]: Panopticon
The album that inspired the rp. Interestingly enough, I?ve owned this album since like October of last year and until about a month ago I never liked it. Oceanic, the band?s album released before this is one of my favorite albums and In the Absence of Truth is also an amazing release, but I never found it in me to enjoy this album. Until I listened to it backward. Interestingly enough, I think the problem was that I always try to listen to albums all in one sitting. You can blame TMV for that. But the thing is, that isn?t necessary with Isis. Now, the first song on this album is pretty weak, so it would always leave me disgruntled for the rest of the album. Thing song is the second song, and listening to it on it?s own, it?s a damn good track that I let get overshadowed. It?s a pity, but I?m glad I managed to find out how excellent an album it is. In fact, it?s growing to become one of my favorites.

[B]Song[/B]: Falling Snow
[B]Album[/B]: Ashes Against the Grain
This is, hands down, the greatest song ever written, period. From start to finish it is powerful, moving, perfectly coordinated, brilliant in both technicality and soul, simply perfect. Even though this song is 9 minutes long, I never get sick of it. I?d consider this to be the most well-written song I?ve ever heard.

[B]Band[/B]: Pearls & Brass
[B]Song[/B]: The Mirror
[B]Album[/B]: The Indian Tower
I love this song for being a happenin? good time. This band is known for pulling off tons of sick riffs and stringing them together in a cool way. This is one of their fastest, most upbeat, psychedelic songs which is cool. The use of tambourine is awesome (if that is in fact tambourine)

[B]Band[/B]: Tool
[B]Song[/B]: Cold and Ugly
[B]Album[/B]: Opiate
The Tool EP Opiate is interesting because their future stuff is nothing like it. If you?ve heard Undertow you?ve got a pretty good idea of the style, but these songs are way shorter and probably more radio friendly. It?s still Tool, but it?s a far more angry and slightly angst Tool. I admire this song?s lyrics for admitting the singer?s weakness without sounding like a *****. Just a cool hard rock/alt-metal song.

[B]Song[/B]: Televators
[B]Album[/B]: De-Loused in the Comatorium
This is considered to be TMV?s ballad and it is a very interesting piece. It?s got a mellowed-out vibe that?s extremely chill while still being enough to keep your attention. It?s definitely one of the band?s less boogie songs, and yet it?s still really unique. One of Cedric?s most powerful performances, and if you ever needed further confirmation of Flea?s awesome bass skill then here it is. Awesome percussion as well. Serves as a great lead-in for Take the Veil Cerpin Taxt

[B]Band[/B]: Coheed and Cambria
[B]Song[/B]: Devil in Jersey City
[B]Album[/B]: The Second Stage Turbine Blade
Ah, my favorite overlooked prog-rock band. Even if this is one of their more? erm? ?emo? songs (stop giving me that damn look) it is still completely and thoroughly awesome. As one of the few who can accurately do Claudio?s voice (depending on throat conditions >_> he?s a squealy bastard) I naturally sing it overly loud from time to time.

[B]Song[/B]: Ghost of Perdition
[B]Album[/B]: Ghost Reveries
This song is amazing in that it comes in fast, catches your attention, and carries it onward for 10 minutes without fail. The problem I?ve had with a lot of the older Opeth albums is that while they do have amazing technical ability and some of the most awesome riffs known to man, often times their song might be 10 minutes of just 4 different riffs at exchanging intervals. This song actually switches between all sorts of riffs, styles, sounds, covers the whole board, and takes less time to do things. Not only that, but unlike in many previous efforts, the transitions from heavy to soft are damn near seamless and perfect. The best part is simply that even if you do get lost in keeping track of what song you?re on, you can still have a blast. The thing I love about this whole album is that unlike the other ones which were simply black and overwhelming, this one is listenable without having to be sitting in total darkness writing angst poetry.

[B]Band[/B]: Gorillaz
[B]Song[/B]: Rock the House
[B]Album[/B]: Gorillaz
You a punk if you don?t like the Gorillaz rap songs. This is one of the sillier ones, but the rhymes are sick, and the trumpets are a cool effect. The repetitive chorus isn?t so much my style, but the piano stuff makes it for it in cool. Also if you haven?t seen the video, go to you tube and do so. Best music vid evar.

[B]Band[/B]: Pearls & Brass
[B]Song[/B]: I Learn the Hard Way
This is the one of the band?s two acoustic tracks on the album and both are incredibly interesting. This is the kind of song I never would?ve expected to enjoy, but I absolutely love it. The entire thing has a very eerie tone to it, which is strange because it is played very fast, but still manages to be really creepy. It gives the feeling of being in a swamp at night and just something really strange is going on. It?s a great song with a crazy vibe and really short too.

[B]Band[/B]: Dream Theater
[B]Song[/B]: Vacant
[B]Album[/B]: Train of Thought
This song is good, but there are several reason I can?t appreciate it too much. The song is cool in that it?s a piano-violin duet that sounds like a good lounge song or something and James LeBrie has a beautiful voice in it. Overall, it?s definitely a pretty song, but it?s really shallow, too. It feels like they had 3 minutes to spare and just wanted to get in a nice slow song as a sort of insert between fast songs. Io have no problem with this, since it works really well, but it?s hard to credit as a good song since it doesn?t seem like much effort was made.

[B]Band[/B]: Tool
[B]Song[/B]: 10,000 Days (Wings PT 2)
[B]Album[/B]: 10,000 Days
Meh. The more I listen to this album the more I can?t stand it - my repulsion just keeps building up. It simply isn?t very exciting or interesting. This song in particular gets points for great bass work but otherwise it?s just not very grabbing. Not to say that it isn?t a good song, just not great.

[B]Song[/B]: Everything Evil
[B]Album[/B]: The Second Stage Turbine Blade
One of Claudio?s best performances if just for the fact that the riff for the first half of the song is addicting and my favorite riff ever, if not the one that?s stuck in my head the most (all the damn time). I will just walk around just playing this thing in my head, lol. All-around great song.

[B]Band[/B]: Omar A Rodriguez-Lopez
[B]Song[/B]: Deus Ex Machina
[B]Album[/B]: A Manual Dexterity: Soundtrack, vol. 1
From the soundtrack to Omar?s nonexistent movie. Honestly, I don?t like this album. It?s experimental and pretty cool at times, but it?s simply too experimental for my taste. There are 2 songs on here I do like, though, and this is one of them. Aside from the song title being one of my favorite terms, it is an extremely cool salsa jam with Spanish guitaring thrown in and some Spanish chanting that all forms together beautifully. I swear, I burst out laughing first time I heard it.[/COLOR]

[font=arial]1. Siouxsie and the Banshees; "The Passenger"
This song usually comes on when I listen to Sirius Dark Wave. I think it's a cover, but I'm not really sure.

2. The Cruxshadows; "Winterborn"
Ah, this takes me back to my goth phase in the eighth grade. Woooow.

3. Placebo; "Infrared"
I think this is my favorite song by them. Right up there with Pure Morning, Come Home, and Nancy Boy. "Someone call the ambulance..."

4. Death From Above 1979; "Blood On Our Hands"
I haven't listened to this enough to know much about it. It sounds sort of like Blood Brothers, who I like a lot.

5. Norma Jean; "Sometimes It's Our Mistakes That Make For the Greatest Ideas"
This is my least favorite Norma Jean song. I've never been able to listen past the intro, simply because it was boring. I don't think screaming and slow music mix very well.

6. Rasputina; "The New Zero"
This band is so awesome, and this song is really cute. "It's there that no will stare at your jaws and your long fur, the claws in your fingers. It's in the past when the passersby laughed at your strange way of speaking, your batteries leaking. Oh no, oh god no, they don't know the New Zero." <3

7. Rasputina; "Stumpside"
This is another cute song. A lot of what they write doesn't make sense, but really, to enjoy Rasputina you have to be very accepting.

8. The Cure; "Love Cats"
Okay, this song is just plain adorable. I love cats like crazy. Hah.

9. Trevor Jones; "Goblin Battle"
This is one of those Labyrinth songs I didn't recognize when I first listened to it. It's played when Sarah and those are running through the Goblin City, battling (obviously).

10. Mindless Self Indulgence; "Straight to Video"
<33 This is probably the least...strange...song that I've heard by them. Meaning it's the only one where Jimmy doesn't jump all over the vocal spectrum/[spoiler]orgasm.[/spoiler]

11. Regina Spektor; "Fidelity"
I loooooove Regina. This isn't my favorite song, but really, I haven't heard a Regina song I didn't like.

12. Rasputina; "Crybabies"
This is probably my least favorite song by them. I'm not sure why...I just don't like it that much.

13. The Missing Frame; "The Fifth Flower"
This is a very creepy song. It starts with some low ambience in the background, then has some sort of xylophone melody. Next come a man and a woman, speaking in French. [U][URL=http://myspace.com/charlottesclandestine]Click here[/URL][/U] to hear it.

14. Morrissey; "Jack the Ripper"
With all due respect, this is a great song. However, I can't help but like AFI's version better. :/ There's just something about the way Davey sings lines like "Oh, you look so tired," and "Crash into my arms" and "If it's the last thing I ever do, I'm gonna get you."

15. Placebo; "Paycheck (demo)"
I haven't listened to this very much because I'm not so fond of the verse. Upon further listening, Brian's vocals kind of remind me of Jimmy Urine of MSI.

I'm surprised...an entire run without any AFI popping up. The Missing Frame is half-AFI, but it's not really them...so...:P[/font]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Band[/B]: Mindless Self Indulgence
[B]Song[/B]: Bed of Roses
[B]Album[/B]: Mindless Self Indulgence
I only just discovered most of the tracks from their first album since they aren?t as findable. They have a far more industrial, early NIN kind of vibe. In any event, I?ve quickly come to love this song. Even though it?s pretty angst lyrically, I like the tone and the music is stellar. It?s interesting seeing how this evolved into the sound they have in other albums. I think they took themselves a lot more seriously on their first album.

[B]Band[/B]: Ayreon
[B]Song[/B]: Day Eight: School
[B]Album[/B]: The Human Equation
This is the song that got me into Ayreon. It?s awesome, powerful, and fun as hell to duet with my little brother. Yes, the lyrics are pretty damn cheesy, but it gives them a charm. This is a great song to scream to and enjoy the artiness in the combination of metal and orchestra. Probably my favorite on the album.

[B]Song[/B]: A Favor House Atlantic
Once more, the song that made me discover the band. I was young and not even into music, but this song was so awesome I couldn?t help but love it. It?s funny because this is definitely their most pop song, and the whole reason I like this band these days is for their more boogie songs, so it?s funny to think that this was my first one. The lyrics are addictive, the music is fun, and it makes you wanna dance and sing along.

[B]Band[/B]: Tenacious D
[B]Song[/B]: Wonderboy
[B]Album[/B]: Tenacious D
So? this is the greatest and best band in the world, and if you don?t like this song you have a clearly defective brain. It is rock brilliance packed into a tale of great adventure and importance.

[B]Song[/B]: Wills Dissolve
This song is rather interesting and one of the coolest songs on the album for every reason a song can be good - it just is. It?s all-around a cool and intriguing listen.

[B]Song[/B]: You Were But A Ghost In My Arms
This is probably my favorite song on the album. Like I Am The Wooden Doors, it is one of the heavier tracks on the release, but since I have my qualms with the other song, this one pulls ahead. Even so, while I have no doubt that this is a great song and a great album, it can?t even touch certain songs on Pale Folklore and Ashes Against the Grain. The singing in this song is kind of awkward as well.

[B]Song[/B]: Hope Leaves
Very calm, relaxed, comber piece. It is as the title suggests - the sound and feeling of the loss of hope. Like the rest of the album it is very pretty and a good listen.

[B]Band[/B]: Type O Negative
[B]Song[/B]: I Know You?re ****ing Someone Else
[B]Album[/B]: Origin of the Feces
I could go on and on about how disappointing this album is and how disappointing this band has become, but I won?t otherwise, this is by far the best song on the album. While I do usually enjoy Type O?s lengthier tracks, I think this one just all-around takes too damn long to get anything done. When it does get to the cool, fun part it?s, well, cool and fun, and there are parts of it that are great, but as a whole, it could have used less droning. Either way, not a terrible song, but nothing Type O has ever done compared to the Bloody Kisses album, and with the way they?re going, I doubt they?ll ever match it.

[B]Band[/B]: Mastodon
[B]Song[/B]: Pendulous skin
[B]Album[/B]: Blood Mountain
I talked about this song in pretty good detail in one of my other threads, so I won?t get into it too much here, but it is a plain awesome song. I?d love nothing more to lay on my roof in a warm summer day and listen to this through my ipod. Beautiful?

[B]Song[/B]: A Desolation Song

[B]Band[/B]: Franz Ferdinand
[B]Song[/B]: Come on Home
[B]Album[/B]: Franz Ferdinand
What?s with all the sad, pretty songs?

[B]Band[/B]: Bad Acid Trip
[B]Song[/B]: Habits of Clay
[B]Album[/B]: Lynch the Weirdo
Ah, here we go! This band needs a lot more attention than it gets! This is also one of my favorite songs by them. The lyrical message is naturally about the fallacies of society and the human mind and such, which is always cool and the lyrics are well-written. The best part though is the dream-like guitars and acid trip feel to fit their name.

[B]Band[/B]: Pearls and Brass
[B]Song[/B]: Boy of the Willow Tree
This is the fastest and shortest song on the album, as well as a good old rock-out song. As always, the riffs are above average, the tempo changes and time-signature changes are brilliantly orchestrated, and the bass and guitar mesh together perfectly. This is another one that I feel awkward listening to and not standing up and moving about or playing some video games with. Another band that needs it?s dues.

[B]Song[/B]: In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3
When I bought this album, I had no idea what to expect. I?d only heard A Favor House Atlantic, and was looking at the lyrics quizzically. I was blown away immediately; this song is epic in every way and one of the best by the band/on the album. It?s got a lot placed into 8 minutes, but it never feels like it could?ve been better as separate songs and it always stays true to what it is, which a lot of longer Coheed songs don?t do. The ending is an ultimate cry of awesome. The feeling of listening to this at full volume while gaming is amazing.

[B]Band[/B]: At the Drive-In
[B]Song[/B]: Fahrenheit
[B]Album[/B]: This Station is Non-operational
It?s hard for me to decide if I like this band or not. They are post-hardcore, which means a lot of their crap is real emo sounding and annoying, but on the same coin they have quite a few cool songs. This is one of the cool songs and has been stuck in my head it?s fair share of times. Most of the songs I?ve heard from their first album are pretty cool. [/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial]Here it goes again. :]

1. Trans-Siberian Orchestra; "Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24"
This band is freaking amazing. I've seen them live twice, and I plan on seeing them again in November. Their live shows could probably kill someone if they played for longer than two hours--it's just that awesome. They've got a billion lights all synced to the music, which is played by sixteen or seventeen people. Oh man, just thinking about it is making me excited; <333. Anyway, this is one of their best songs, and I'm sure a lot of people have heard it on the radio around Christmas time.

2. Rasputina; "The Olde Headboard"
One of my favorite songs by them. I think it's the only one that has a music video. Like all of their music, it doesn't make much sense, but it's still super lovable.

3. Queen; "Bohemian Rhapsody"
Oh man, the memories. I first heard this song on one of the last days of my eighth grade year. It was pretty sad at the time, because I had just made some new friends and I was going to a different high school than them. Anyway, we went to our chorus teacher's classroom and he let us blast this song. I fell in love. And then, on the last day, another friend took me to school and we belted this song out the whole way. <3

4. Deftones; "Change (in the House of Flies)"
This song only makes me think of one thing, and that is [U][URL=http://youtube.com/watch?v=qA1wXh6Uo14]vampire sex[/URL][/U] in a hot tub.

5. Rasputina; "Transylvanian Concubine (Manson Mix)"
This is probably Rasputina's most well-known song (I think it was on Buffy the Vampire Slayer once or twice), but remixed by Marilyn Manson. This version is slightly better than the original, if only for this version is more industrial and less cello-rock.

6. AFI; "Now the World"
Out of all my favorite AFI songs (of which there are about a hundred), this is pretty close to being my most favorite. I can't really call it my number one since there are several other songs I love as much as this one. They change so often, though...

7. Misfits; "Die Die Die My Darling"
Haha, what's not to like about Misfits?

8. AFI; "This Celluloid Dream"
This was the song that got me into AFI in the first place. I was spending the night at my friend's house and she had this on repeat for at least an hour. After that I wanted to hear the rest of Sing the Sorrow, and after that I wanted to hear the rest of everything. It was love.

9. AFI; "A Winter's Tale"
I remember the first time I heard this song...it was in the morning, before school. I had my Yahoo radio playing loudly in my bedroom as I made poptarts or something in the kitchen. I heard this song, but I thought it was Siouxsie and the Banshees from a distance. Hah.

10. Yeah Yeah Yeahs; "Phenomena"
This is the second of two YYYs songs that I've heard, and I love it a lot.

11. Bauhaus; "Ziggy Stardust"
This song is amaaaaazing! It's not the original (by David Bowie), but Bauhaus does it quite well. I was trying to play the intro in Sam Ash the other day, and some people looked at me strangely, like "is she trying to play Ziggy Stardust? Pssssh!"

12. Taking Back Sunday; "Decade Under the Influence"
This could possibly be a guilty pleasure. It's really one of the only songs I like by them. It just reminds me of middle school, hah.

13. AFI; "Lower Your Head and Take It In the Body"
There's not much to say about this song...it's just fun old-AFI punk.

14. Regina Spektor; "Hotel Song"
Not much to say about this, either. I just love it. <3

15. Placebo; "Sleeping With Ghosts"
I used to call this my favorite song by them around the time of the Katrina crisis...it just really fit with the moment.[/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Damn you, Clurr! j/k

[B]Band[/B]: Green Day
[B]Song[/B]: Working Class Hero
Meh. I can?t stand how they don?t have any focus on the music really, just on the lyrics. I mean, that?s what they were going for, but it?s just him saying ?oh, **** sucks for people? basically. What I don?t get it, is that the song is about the working class hero, but it?s trying to help the Darfur conflict. The hell? Anyway, it?s pretty disappointing. I like Green Day, but this is lame.

[B]Band[/B]: Sum 41
[B]Song[/B]: We?re All To blame
[B]Album[/B]: Chuck
Here?s a message I can appreciate. The music is good, the vocal work is good, and it?s full of ferocity. If you?re going to write a song about the fallacy of society, do it like this. This is easily the best sum 41 song as well, and surprisingly heavy for them. Melikes.

[B]*switches on Pandora Internet Radio for the song 1989 by MSI*[/B]

[B]Band[/B]: Rosetta Stone
[B]Song[/B]: Come Hell or High Water
[B]Album[/B]: Adrenaline Deluxe
A pretty cool eighties-style techno-industrial song. Somewhere between NIN and Bauhaus, both of which I can listen to, but only on occasion.

[B]Band[/B]: Mindless Self Indulgence
[B]Song[/B]: Shut Me Up
[B]Album[/B]: You?ll Rebel to Anything (As Long as it Isn?t Challenging)
I think I talked about this before somewhere. A fun, addictive, cool song with awesome lyrics and one of my all time favorite music videos.

[B]Band[/B]: Lordi
[B]Song[/B]: Rock the Hell Outta You
[B]Album[/B]: Get Heavy
HAHAHAHA! This is so bad. First, these guys are the biggest GWAR wannabees ever, but they will never match the awesomeness of GWAR nor ever come close to it. Not only that, but they pretend to be brutal rockers, but IT?S A TRAP! I?ve read the lyrics - they?re a ****ing Christian rock band. RUN!!!!

[B]*switch to what do they know?*[/B]

[B]Band[/B]: Mindless Self Indulgence
[B]Song[/B]: Shut Me Up (MSV Still filthy Remix)
[B]Album[/B]: Shut Me Up: Remixes Plus 3
An interesting take on the song. Not as good as the regular version, but still cool. Much more bogged-down but with added porn-beat.

[B]*later*[/B]

[B]Band[/B]: Amen
[B]Song[/B]: Liberation For?
[B]Album[/B]: Death Before Musick
Intro to the album. A true intro among intros.

[B]Song[/B]: Vicarious Atonement
This song?s interesting. It?s by no means on e of the band?s best songs, but it has certain things about tit that are cool. For instance the first few minutes of solo are nothing like the type of solo usually present in a Mars Volta piece - actually that can be said about the whole song. It does use their usual style and tone, but it has a very different formula. I think that?s the coolest part of the album - the extensive experimentation even if it fails in some places.

[B]Song[/B]: Not Unlike the Waves
[B]Album[/B]: Ashes Against the Grain
I talk about this song so often I couldn?t possibly add onto it.

[B]Song[/B]: Syndic Calls
See: any other song from this album I?ve done

[B]Band[/B]: System of a Down
[B]Song[/B]: B.Y.O.B
[B]Album[/B]: Mesmerize
By no means the best from the album, but still a pretty cool song. This is ideal for head banging and screaming, and it?s always fun to play really loud while playing halo 2 with your buddies.

[B]Song[/B]: Vermicide

[B]Song[/B]: to Rid the Disease
Another of the chilled-out but interesting tracks from the album. This is my least favorite of them though. The main reason for this is that the bass and guitar riffs get rather repetitive throughout this song. On most of this album there?s a lot of interchanging, but this song has a lot less of it. They went for a bit of an eerie vibe with this one, and it works, though it just isn?t quite as good as the rest of the amazing album. Nice solo, if brief.

[B]Song[/B]: Roulette Dares (the Haunt of)
[B]Album[/B]: De-Loused in the Comatorium
This is probably my all-time favorite album, meaning every song on there is completely excellent. Other than the insert songs, this is my least favorite song on the album, but it?s still a great song. I can?t say much about it since it varies at a lot of points in parts I like and parts that annoy me. This song is better when I?m in a certain mood, but otherwise I just can?t get into it as much as the rest of the album.

[B]Band[/B]: Dragonforce
[B]Song[/B]: Revolution Deathsquad
[B]Album[/B]: Inhuman Rampage
Dragonforce is infinitely excellent, and naturally this song follows suit in their awesomeness. These guys are my brother?s favorite band and he can listen to them indefinitely without getting bored. He often plays WoW or any 360 game with their first album on loop all day (sometimes just the song Valley of the Damned on constant loop >_<). This was once my favorite of their songs - the verses and chorus are some of my favorites of theirs, but it?s one of the lamer solos.[/COLOR]

[font=arial][size=1][b]01. Cinemechanica - [EP1 #01] I Punch Over Trees[/b]
This EP is really rare, as the band only made so many of them, and sometimes they bring them to shows and sometimes they don't. I love the dueling guitars in this song especially. Their main influence appears to be video game music and they really sound like such here, Capcom needs to hire these guys to do the next Megaman X game.

[b]02. Deerhoof - [Holdy Paws #04] Satan[/b]
Another math rock band, but with a Japanese female vocalist, well... they make weird music. This song, despite being called "Satan," is actually really pretty and it's one of my favorites by them (I have like six cd's of theirs). My only problem with this song is that there's parts where she's chanting something but she just sounds like she's meowing. >_>

[b]03. Explosions in the Sky - [Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Live Forever #04] Have You Passed Through This Night?[/b]
Bah, long album name. This song is one of my favorites from Explosions, the first half of the song is narrated by a guest speaker, with the music playing softly in the background. Eventually the focus drifts away and the music gets louder until the drums really kick in and the fun part of the song really comes in. I really love the drumming here, but it's really dissonant because there is so much going on. I wonder what this song is like, live. It's truly an experience in the recording.

[b]04. Transistor Transistor - [Erase All Names and Likeness #10] Straight to Hell[/b]
This is one of my favorite songs in general. I like the tone of the guitars, and their lyrics are smart, as always. They're just so far above every other punk band, and I'm happy that they kind of added a bit of a metallic flair to this album. Any song that contains the constant chanting of "We're all goin' straight to Hell!" has to be good, right?

[b]05. The Demonstration - [Existence #06] Bent on Devastation[/b]
Everyone has their guitar hero song, right? Whenever you get it in your head, you immediately have to air guitar and headbang in the middle of a like... job interview? That is what this song is to me. Jake needs to hear this. The band recently changed vocalists and recruited Seneca's, who sounds like Keith from Every Time I Die, not sure how I feel about that one.

[b]06. Mass Movement of the Moth - [Outerspace #03] Seven[/b]
This is probably the strangest love song ever. I think their keyboardist is playing one of the themes from Zelda II over the guitars. I actually got to see this band play acoustic, which was interesting. It fit their music rather well, despite them being a hardcore band. If you're not afraid of low quality recordings and some messy vocals, then check these guys out.

[b]07. Jeromes Dream - [Completed 1997-2001 (disc 1) #01] This is for Baby Fat[/b]
Nine beltloops... down to... six! Brings me fame, brings me faaaame! The end. :)

[b]08. Holy Molar - [The Whole Tooth and Nothing But the Tooth Disc 1 #06] Just One Minute and Thirty-Six Seconds Closer to Smoke from the Crematorium[/b]
This is a few members of The Locust playing with some other guys, supposedly live in a prison. "Alright, who threw this chair at me?! You're going to get this bass showed so far up your..."

[b]09. Funeral Diner - [The Wicked EP #01] ...And The Beast Shall Be Made Legion[/b]
Punk bands sure make AMAZING instrumental songs. When the keyboards and chimes kick in, you can't help but be moved. It sounds utterly creepy, and that's a good thing.

[b]10. Drive Like Jehu - [Drive Like Jehu #06] If It Kills You[/b]
Annnnd back to the math rock, haha. Some of DLJ's songs take so long to start up but this one is worth the wait. This song should have been on the radio in the 90's, it has that perfect grungy sound along with one of the best... breakdowns?... that I've ever heard. It's just a really fun song, and one of my favorites by the band.

[b]11. Jucifer - [If Thine Enemy Hunger #01] She Tides The Deep[/b]
This song contains one of the best and most brutal riffs in rock n' roll repeated over and over for eight minutes. This song is amazing.

[b]12. KILLWHITNEYDEAD - [So Pretty So Plastic #11] Put Your Mouth Where the Money Is[/b]
Yaaay, the only metalcore band I can stand! These guys sure are fun, too. They have Dr. Extremus Melodicus doing guest vocals on this song, and it's a perfect contrast to Matt's vicious growls.

[b]13. Hot Cross - [Fair Trades and Farewells #03] Throw Collars To The Wind[/b]
Dude, I can play Josh's part of this song, I'm so happy. :D

[b]14. I Spoke - [autobiography #02] Friends not Fans[/b]
I love the song name, and the music is very passionate, as most real emo music is. I wish I knew what they were saying, haha.

[b]15. La Quiete - [La fine non è la fine #02] Metempsicosi del fine ultimo: Nevrastenica oscillazione fra poli estremi[/b]
This band is amazing, and I'm extremely lucky to have seen them live here in America. They're extremely nice guys, and their music is so amazing, despite being a required taste to most people. One man's music is another man's... noise... I suppose.[/font][/size]

[SIZE=1]

[INDENT] 1. [B][U] Luno [Polysics Harajuku Remix][/B][/U] / Bloc Party Vs. Polysics | SXSW 2005 Sampler

- A great Japanese Electro twist to one killer English song.

2. [B][U] Talk[/B][/U] / Coldplay Vs. Junkie XL | Talk EP

- I like the ambient drum and synth feel to the remix, it made my girlfriend pee from the utter relaxation from the track.

3. [B][U] The Prayer [The Tokyo Rework][/B][/U] / Bloc Party Vs. Jessica Wesker | A Weekend In The City: Remixed.

- sounds dull but it always feels like it's going to build but it doesnt for like three mintues, I like the monotone drum and bass rythmn.

4. [B][U] The Boy Brushed In Red [Living In Black And White][/B][/U] / underĂ˜ATH | They're Only Chasing Safety

- lot of screaming, and something to do with revenge and death, it feels like a departure from every other song they've written

5. [B][U] One More Time[/B][/U] / Daft Punk | Discovery

- the first time I heard it again I was like, awesome. but now I have this love / hate relationship with this song, I dont know why, but I just do.[[URL=http://youtube.com/watch?v=smb2kzQyWAI]Video[/URL]]

6. [B][U] I Still Remember [Walker's Amnesia Dub][/B][/U] Bloc Party Vs. Brian Walker | A Weekend In The City: Remixed.

- I reworked it, cos I was feeling mellow and I need something to compensate with the level of mellow I was feeling and I ended up with something someone whould listen to on their drive home.

7. [B][U] Speed Of Sound [Armoury Remix][/B][/U] / Coldplay Vs. Brian Walker

- it sounds like the orginal, but faster, with the throbbing drums that sound like a heartbeat and great synth work.

8. [B][U] Say It Right[/B][/U] / Bloc Party | Always New Depths: The Silent Alarm Sessions

- the instrumentation that replaces the orignal beat > the funky sounding hey bassline and the guitar solo sends me into some massive eargasm.

9. [B][U] Daft Punk Is Playing At My House [Shibuya Remix][/B][/U] LCD Soundsystem Vs. Soulwax / LCD Soundsystem

- I like the dark club feel, instead of the out of place: OMFG DAFT PUNK IS PLAYING AT MY HOUSE beat.

10. [B][U] Woman[/B][/U] / Wolfmother | Wolfmother / Guitar Hero II Soundtrack

- such a fun song to play in the game and on my electric, but I still dont get the meaning of the song.

11. [B][U] Run[/B][/U] / Snow Patrol | Final Straw

- this is the only other song I like from them, it's got the same mellow feeling as most of the songs I've mentioned here, I love the guitar solo at the end.

12. [B][U] Chasing Cars [Ferrari And Lambrgini Remix][/B][/U] / Snow Patrol Vs. Brian Walker And Jessica Wesker

- it's got this quiet and ambient feel, it makes me tired, reminds me how fragile life is and it leaves me disturbed, I never knew we could do something so calming.

13. [B][U] Idioteque[/B][/U] / Radiohead | Kid A

- I like the entire post apocalyptic feel the entire album has to it, but Idioteque pretty much sums the feeling up.

14. [B][U] Human After All [R_Mix][/B][/U] / Daft Punk Vs. SebastiAn | Human After All: The Remixed Edition

- I dont know it's supposed to show the more human side [of Daft Punk], but I like the robotic feel SebastiAn gives it.

15. [B][U] The Prayer [The Paris ReEdit][/B][/U] / Bloc Party Vs. Jessica Wesker | A Weekend In The City: Remixed.

- I like the gitchy / big beat feel the remix has, a very potential floor filler[/SIZE][/INDENT]

[FONT=Arial]AAH, make it stop! :[
[B]
1. Papa Roach; "Dead Cell"[/B]
OMGZ. The only reason I have this song is that it's on the Queen of the Damned soundtrack. I really haven't liked any other PR songs I've heard. I just love screaming "DEAD CELL!" in the middle of the night along with the movie. Hah.
[B]
2. Rufiomercutiopistachioadagio; "Lucio"[/B]
This guy has an incredibly long name, but this has got to be my favorite indie song ever. And by indie I mean he has four songs on a myspace and that's it. No albums or anything. I don't know if he even plays shows anywhere. But I love this so much it's been on my myspace for months and months. It's also pretty ironic that after all the "-io's" in his name, the song title also ends in "-io." Whee.
[B]
3. Nightwish; "Forever Yours"[/B]
Meh, I never liked this one. Not even when I was obsessed with the band. It's just really boring in the beginning, and the few times I've gotten past it I've found there wasn't much else to the song.

[B]4. Regina Spektor; "I Want to Sing"[/B]
I'm not so sure how I like this one. The a capella aspect of it is just a little dull.

[B]5. Rise Against; "Swing Life Away" acoustic[/B]
Eeeeh. I'm not so fond of this song, either.
[B]
6. AFI; "The New Patron Saints and Angels" [/B]
This is one of my favorites off their Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes album (which was right before they started writing darker music).
[B]
7. Queen; "Bicycle Race"[/B]
Pretty much every Queen song I know has some kind of nostalgic background to it. This has the same story as Bohemian Rhapsody; my friends and I were belting it out the last day of eighth grade, as well as making up dances for it.
[B]
8. Rasputina; "Gingerbread Coffin"[/B]
The intro to this is a little boring, but once the music box stops playing it's a very good song. As usual, the lyrics are weird, but that's Rasputina for you.

[B]9. Thursday; "Hole in the World" acoustic[/B]
This was the first Thursday song I've ever heard, and I adore it.

[B]10. AFI; "Miss Murder"[/B]
This song actually makes me kind of mad. I mean, I do like it, but only because it's AFI. I think Decemberunderground is full of better songs that would've made even better singles because they're either easier to interpret (when he says "take my life," he's making a metaphor, not threatening suicide) or are just plain BETTER. It annoys me that they end their concerts with this song--especially since when I went to see them there were two or three songs that I really wanted to hear and didn't get to.
[B]
12. Incubus; "Talk Shows On Mute"[/B]
Haha, I put this song on my Fahrenheit 451 soundtrack that I made for my english teacher last year. It was probably one of the only songs that could actually fit with the book...the rest just had "fire" in the title. xD
[B]
13. AFI; "Bleed Black"[/B]
Yum. This song is incredibly fun to play and I plan on closing one of my own shows with it someday in the near future.

[B]14. Rasputina; "Rose K."[/B]
This is one of their historical songs, about Rose Kennedy. I don't really listen to it that often, though.
[B]
15. David Bowie; "Within You"[/B]
Hooray, Labyrinth! That's all I have to say. :][/FONT]

[COLOR=Red]1. Song: [B]Carry On Wayward Son[/B]
Artist: [I]Kansas[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=1]This song reminds me of my first year of marching band because we played it for our parade (which I couldn't make :(). But it kind of became "our song"; we sang it on all the bus rides, and it was on all our ipods, etc... so it makes me happy & sad at the same time.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=Red]
2. Song: [B]Tempered Steel[/B]
Artist: [I]HSE Wind Ensemble[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=1]A few years ago, this song won our band 1st place at state. Too bad I wasn't a part of it yet.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Red]3. Song: [B]Eleanor Rigby[/B]
Artist: [I]The Beatles[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=1]This is such a good song - one of my favorite Beatles songs.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Red]4. Song: [B]Where the Stars and Stripes[/B]
Artist: [I]Aaron Tippin[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=1]Awww, my brother's going into the USAF, so this song means a lot to me.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=Red]
5. Song: [B]Someday I'll Be Saturday Night[/B]
Artist: [I]Bon Jovi[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=1]Gaa! This song is, like, the epitome of "I'm having an awful day, but now I feel better!"[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Red]6. Song: [B]Runaway[/B]
Artist: [I]Bon Jovi[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=1]:( but a good song.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Red]7. Song: [B]Catch A Wave[/B]
Artist: [I]The Beach Boys[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=1]Not gonna lie - I don't know this song.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Red]8. Song: [B]Tangled[/B]
Artist: [I]Maroon 5[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=1]This song reminds me of stupid boys that I don't like and not liking them, so I like it![/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Red]9. Song: [B]What I Need to Do[/B]
Artist: [I]Kenny Chesney[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=1]Don't know it, but I like Kenny Chesney![/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=Red]
10. Song: [B]I Feel Fine[/B]
Artist: [I]The Beatles[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=1]Another GREAT Beatle's song![/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Red]11. Song: [B]You Sexy Thing[/B]
Artist:[I] Hot Chocolate[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=1]Hahahaha, I love this song just for the title. It's pretty straightforward and amazing.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=Red]12. Song: [B]Ellsworth[/B]
Artist: [I]Rascal Flatts[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=1]Yep. Don't know it.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Red]13. Song: [B]Knockin' on Heaven's Door[/B]
Artist: [I]Bob Dylan[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=1]This song reminds me of a few summers ago at my friend's birthday party when a guy pulls out his guitar and starts playing this. He sounded nothing like Bob Dylan, thank God, but it was very relaxing. I kinda miss it.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=Red]
14. Song: [B]Paperback Writer[/B]
Artist: [I]The Beatles[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]
[SIZE=1]Uhh, yeah. So I like the Beatles... and this song. Still.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Red]15. Song:[B] Be True To Your School[/B]
Artist: [I]The Beach Boys[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=1]Wtf?[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1][color=teal]Here's what I got:

[b]1. Linkin Park - Bleed it Out:[/b] At first my favourite song off of the new LP album but given it's charged political nature I'm a little wary of it now, still a great song though.

[b]2. Disturbed - Remember:[/b] A great song from their second album and a killer video to boot. It's a good song to listen if you're feeling kinda down or emo like :p.

[b]3. Linkin Park - No More Sorrow:[/b] This is a song I listened to a lot a few weeks ago after some unpleasantnesses with a girl. The lyrics are simple but effective and exactly what I needed to hear.

[b]4. Idlewild - In Remote, Pt. 1/Scottish Fiction:[/b] A pretty sweet song with a good sound and beat to it. It can be really uplifting or keep you downlow depending on how you're feeling at the time.

[b]5. Kasabian - Empire:[/b] I'll be honest here, I heard this song in a club and downloaded it on a whim so it doesn't really have any significant meaning to me or anything...I just like how it sounds, heh.

[b]6. Disturbed - Numb:[/b] Another great song that starts out the way you feel, pretty down but then kicks it up to make you nice and angry. A great song from their first album.

[b]7. DJ Otzi - Doo Wah Diddy:[/b] One of those happy go lucky songs that everyone has to hear because its so fantastically cheesy and uplifting.

[b]8. "Weird Al" Yankovic - Virus Alert:[/b] Just like most of his songs this is just a great parody by Mr. Yankovic, good to listen to if you're looking for a bit of a chuckle.

[b]9. Disturbed - The Game:[/b] My absolute favourite song from their first album. A great feel and sound to it, again like all Disturbed songs a good song to listen to if you want to get angry at someone.

[b]10. Linkin Park - Runaway:[/b] A classic from LP, I like it a lot but its not as good as their later offerings.

[b]11. Beastie Boys - Sabotage:[/b] Quality tune from the Beastie Boys, the only rappers that I actually like. Not much to say about this song other than I like it a lot.

[b]12. Gary Jules - Mad World:[/b] Dude...I have too many depressing songs, heh.

[b]13. JosĂ© GonzĂ¡lez - Crosses:[/b] One of the few songs I have by JosĂ© GonzĂ¡lez but I think this'll be one of my favourites, again like many of my songs its a kinda love lost one...if you follow.

[b]14. B.R.M.C. - What Ever Happened To My Rock 'n' Roll:[/b] Thats better, a song that isn't about love or depression! A nice upbeat tune that gets you in the mood for a night out.

[b]15. The Flaming Lips - It Overtakes Me/The Stars Are So Big, I Am So Small...Do I Stand A Chance:[/b] The first part of this song I fell in love with due to a beer advert, the power of alcohol! But the second half I didn't like until I properly listened to it the whole way though and now I like it, woo.

With the majority of those songs being depressing or about lost love you lot must think I'm an emo, but I'm not I swear![/size][/color]

• 2 months later...
[FONT="Arial"]REBORN'D!

1. The Beatles; "Twist and Shout"
...I'm assuming it's the Beatles, but it really doesn't sound like them. I'm not all that fond of them or this song, anyway. :/

2. As I Lay Dying; "Collision"
<3 That's all.

3. Marcy Playground; "Sex and Candy"
I don't really listen to it that often. I guess it's a nice song.

4. Mindless Self Indulgence; "Clarissa"
<33 This is pretty much my favorite song of theirs.

5. Catch-22; "Chin Up"
I only recently started liking the Catch-22 songs my friend gave me. I prefer the other one, "Kristina She Don't Know I Exist" to this one though.

6. Misfts; "Skulls"
Fun and simple. Misfits are awesome.

7. Smashing Pumpkins; "Drown"
I never could get into this song.

8. Smashing Pumpkins; "Perfect"
Or this one.

9. AFI; "Wester"
<33333 I love this song to death. The Art of Drowning is one of AFI's best albums, hands down. I found a video of them playing this song live and a guy jumped on top of the audience, ran across their heads, got on stage, and sang along with Davey, who put his arm around the guy and welcomed him. They are just amazing.

10. Adicts; "Viva La Revolution"
Eh.... I was obsessed with this song in the ninth grade but not so much anymore. I still like it, though.

11. AFI; "Now the World"
There isn't anything I could say about this song that I haven't already said in an earlier post. :/ I adore it, basically.

12. Bouncing Souls; "Hopeless Romantic"
I've only heard two songs by them, but I really like this and "Say Anything."

13. Placebo; "Song to Say Goodbye"
There aren't many Placebo songs I DON'T like. :] <3

14. Nightwish; "Ghost Love Score"
Haha, I've actually started liking them again. This song is probably my favorite right now. Oh! I was walking through Walmart and I saw Century Child for sale. It was a total WTF moment.

15. AFI; "Let it Be Broke"
It's not exactly my favorite, but let me put it this way: there isn't an AFI song I don't like.[/FONT]

[COLOR="darkslategray"][B]1. Blood Red Summer - Coheed and Cambria[/B]
This song is in no way shape or form my kind of music. It's just to poppy for me, but I like it. This song is what [I]really [/I]got me into Co&ca in the first place. Misplaced for my taste, but just so misplaced, I enjoy it.

[B]2. Polyamorous - Breaking Benjamin[/B]
Alternative-metal/post-grunge masterpiece. From the catchy lyrics to the catchy riff, this song is great. But it is hardly BB's best song.

[B]3. Stupify - Disturbed[/B]
My favorite tune from these guys. I don't care what you think, Disturbed is a god amung gods within the Metal world. From the beat, to the chorus, this song is a must for any disturbed fan.

[B]4. The Crowing - Coheed and Cambria[/B]
This song feels light at the beginning, but it gets even better towards the end. When Claudio starts singing "Dear Ambellina" this song becomes a masterpiece, and it draws me out of my music world into the musical space. I love every word that eminates from this song.

[B]5. Diary of Jane [acoustic] - Breaking Benjamin[/B]
An acoustic version if The Diary of Jane, and I love it. The cello adds a better feel to the song. It feels sad, and hateful at the same time, and is one of the best acoustic performances I've heard. Some people think these guys sound generic. But I'll drag you to your feet and force you to change that statement. People have compared them to Nickleback, and this band is nothing like that crap house.

[B]6. TV Radio - Mudvayne[/B]
They're good, but I don't really like these gys. However I love this song, it just feels so good to listen to. But nothing compares to World so Cold, one of the best songs by Mudvayne.

[B]7. The Velourium Camper III: Al the Killer[/B]
Not. Metal. But. AWESOME. I love the demonic screams in this song.

[B]8. Nymphetamine - Cradle of Filth[/B]
That Dani, so anoying! But the girl singing; benevolent to my ears.

[B]9. Shout 2000 - Disturbed[/B]
how many remakess have Disturbed done? honestly! but way better than the original. I just shout everytime I listen to this song. A very grudgy song.

[B]10. Misery Buisiness - Paramore[/B]
yea, I said Paramore. But that girl is one hard rock beauty. And she juts makes me scream like a fanboy whenever I hear this song.

[B]11. The Light & The Glass - Coheed and cambria[/B]
A true masterpiece. It makes me wanna cry. I love this song with almost every fiber of my being. So sincere during the first few minutes. But after the ''Liar'' part, it screams "love me, for I am beautiful!" One of THE best rock songs I've heard. What's weird is that, this song fits the climax of a fighting scene so perfectally. I just can't explain how amazing this song is. DB said it better, but even he can't explain how lovely this song is.

[B]12. Rock You Like a Hurricane - Scorpians[/B]
Yeah, classic. But it was number 32 on VH1's top 40 metal songs of all time. And this song's coolness deserved it.

[B]13. You're Not Alone - Saosin[/B]
Yeah, radio rock. But it just has a good atmosphere in the video. Can't say it's one of my favs, cause it isn't. But it's good if just pops out at random.

[B]14. I Will Protect You - KoRn[/B]
The drums in this song just smash yor brains to liquid. Guest drummer is some Terri guy, called one of the best drummers or something like that. >_>

[B]15. Follow - Breaking Benjamin[/B]
One of my favorite Breaking Benjamin songs. I just love it.[/COLOR]

The lists folks had on here are pretty good. The person who had the Shattner and the Nimoy songs rocks!

1. Lucinda Williams/ The Night's to Long -- great bluesy/country singer

2. Donavan/ Jersey Thursday -- Bought this album for the song "Catch the Wind"

3. The Verve/ Come On - The Verve are so much better than just "Bittersweet Sympthony" and Richard Ashcroft's solo stuff could even be better.

4. The Bloodhound Gang/ Hell Yeah -- Funny stuff ...

5. Whiskeytown/ Black Arrow, broken Heart -- One of my favorite bands of all time. Ryan Adams pre-pretention ... pure alt-country. Listen to the album Avenues ... amazing

6. Tool/10,000 Days (wings for Marie pt 2) -- Best song on 10,000 Days. Tool is awesome.

7. The Walkmen/ The North Pole -- Diferent sound, but I like it.

8. The Finn Brothers/Kiss the Road of Raratonga -- The Finn Brothers and their other projects (Crowded House, etc) ... are what I think of when I think of NZ music.

9. Yes/ Long Distance Run Around -- Love the sound and the songs.

10. Peter Gabriel/ Red Rain -- Shaking the Tree was a great Peter Gabriel album ... so many classics on that.

11. Jeff Buckley/Eternal Life -- WOW ... what can I say about Jef Buckley, but he will be sorely missed. A friend got me into Jeff Buckley and that has been one of the key moments in my life.

12. Iced Earth/Atilla from the Glorious Burden -- Another suggestion from a friend of mine ... the musical tribute to the Battle at Gettysburg on this album is pretty unique.

13. Beck/Hotwax from Odelay -- cool lyrics and cool music. One of the most unque artists out there today.

14. Led Zeppelin/Your Time is Gonna Come -- When will we see the next Led Zeppeli? Never.

15. Rush/Driven -- Clever lyrics, outstanding music ... Rush just keeps getting better.

This was fun.

Laz

1) Immortal Technique: [B]One [Remix][/B]
2) The Scene Aesthetic: [B]Alvin Maker's Greensong[/B]
3) Immortal Technique: [B]The Point of No Return[/B]
4) Falling Up: [B]Searchlights (Indoor Soccer)[/B]
5) Soulja Boy: [B]Crank That[/B]
6) The Beatles: [B]Hey Jude[/B]
7) The Beatles: [B]Here Comes the Sun[/B]
8) By The Tree: [B]Beautiful One[/B]
9) Scott Simons: [B]Umbrella[/B]
10) Rihanna: [B]Shut Up and Drive[/B]