OtakuBoards

Graphic Worm 2007

Retribution

[color=#4B0082]Hey, I just wanted to let you guys know I'm going to be updating the worm on Mondays and Fridays. So that's when you can expect to see your submissions added to it.

Also, the last image doesn't match up. Like, at all. Please remember to preview your entries next to the previous one and make sure it matches up before submitting them.[/color]

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok you can skip my entry then if you like, since boo had a really hard image to follow and i tried to do it on my mac :animecry: and i thought at the end it didn't match but i thought it might be mac's screen i'm sorry everyone :animecry:

[quote name='duoikari']ok you can skip my entry then if you like, since boo had a really hard image to follow and i tried to do it on my mac :animecry: and i thought at the end it didn't match but i thought it might be mac's screen i'm sorry everyone :animecry:[/quote]

[color=teal] Bood had a really simple one to follow. They only get harder than that dude.[/color]

[font=trebuchet ms][color=purple]
Ok, so to be in line, I need to book a spot? So then I book spot 18, since jiggly wants spot 17. Then I just check up on the worm every day or so to see if anyone's done and then I post my part according to what they did? Alright. Doesn't sound too hard, even for a n00b like me. We'll see what happens and hopefully I get it right.
[/font][/color]

[size=1]That's exactly right, Metal Paw. I just edited you in.

Look, folks, if you don't want this to die, be sure you know when you're going [i]and check back routinely[/i] to see how things are progressing. I don't want to keep skipping people because they're taking too long. Please take no longer than a few days. Thaaaanks. :p[/size]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]This turned out to be 1000 times better than anything I thought I could accomplish! This game is already awesome, even if I'm prolly the least skilled of the bunch. Check it out!

[url=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/MetalSonic700/ygraphicworm07.png]Artsy Types[/url]

Also, this should be credited to '21st Century Digital Boy' or what have you. Nonentity is only a temp name.[/COLOR]

I'm sorry about this but I'm going to be away to visit my mom next tuesday. I'll be gone until the end of July. I'm pretty sure my turn will come up sometime while I'm away. Even if I was able to go on the computer while I'm gone I won't have any graphic programs because I'm not bring my laptop on my trip. Again I'm sorry if this messes up the whole graphic worm but this was sudden for me as well. I just found out today that I'm leaveing next week. I'm hoping that since there is still a few more before that I can just be skipped.

[QUOTE=Desbreko][color=#4B0082]Your image is 599x450. Please make it 600x450.

Also, the shades of green and red don't match with the previous entry.[/color][/QUOTE]

Okay, everything should be in order now. I replaced the missing pixels. I am not sure why the colours didn't match up, since I sampled the original colour straight from DigitalBoy's submission.

Hopefully saving it in the same format will iron out the kinks.

Submission: [url=http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/142/subvz3.png]Bresak with the flow, but not too far, man.[/url]

[color=#4B0082]The colors still don't match up. Are you comparing the raw file (presumably a psd or psp) to DB's entry, or the compressed file (jpg or png)? Depending on your compression settings the colors can change slightly.

DB's entry uses [color=#008000]#008000[/color] for the green and [color=#800000]#800000[/color] for the red. Your entry is using [color=#007500]#007500[/color] for the green and [color=#740000]#740000[/color] for the red, both of which are slightly darker.

I went ahead and fixed the colors on your entry (a simple flood-fill did the trick), so if you don't mind I can just put it up in the next update. I'll attach the file so you can check it out.[/color]

I don't mind at all. thanks for fixing that up for me.

So I guess my trick of dubling the canvas size and placing the two images side by side isn't going to work? I need to eyedrop sample them somehow because my laptop screen doesn't always accurately reflect true colours. (it's dependent on light in the room, plus the angle the screen is opened to affects brightness and contrast significantly.)

Any tips or tricks to ensure I get it right next time? ><

[QUOTE=Jeremiah]I don't mind at all. thanks for fixing that up for me.

So I guess my trick of dubling the canvas size and placing the two images side by side isn't going to work? I need to eyedrop sample them somehow because my laptop screen doesn't always accurately reflect true colours. (it's dependent on light in the room, plus the angle the screen is opened to affects brightness and contrast significantly.)

Any tips or tricks to ensure I get it right next time? ><[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]I have the same problem (and use your method, too >>). Though with Paint Shop I've no clue how to adjust compression settings, which is my problem. I notice my entry didn't match up exactly either, which is bugging the hell out of me each time I look at it.[/SIZE]

[color=#007520][quote name='Jeremiah']So I guess my trick of dubling the canvas size and placing the two images side by side isn't going to work? I need to eyedrop sample them somehow because my laptop screen doesn't always accurately reflect true colours.[/quote]Like Desbreko did, I suggest you use a tool that will sample the image colour and give it to you in a numerical value so as to reproduce it exactly. I'm not sure about the programs you use, but I'm guessing that most advanced image editing programs would be able to do that.

If you're comparing them side by side, though, I'm guessing that you probably did the sampling properly, but the compression used when saving would be the main issue. Make sure when you save the file that you aren't compressing the image, or if you are, at least the colours attaching the image to the previous one are preserved.

-sigh- I've been watching this thread with a green eye, wishing my computer was working... [color=#cccccc]and that I wasn't, so that I would have the time to join. T_T ... and you know... change my avatar or something.[/color]

-r2[/color]

[COLOR=#656446][SIZE=1][b]Jeremiah:[/b]
The orientation of your laptop screen and the quality of the ambient light only matter when you're matching colors by eye (NEVER DO THAT), not when you're using the Eyedropper tool. Always use the Eyedropper tool (or whatever its equivalent is) to sample colors. Then take the time to view the color information and note the color's hexadecimal code. That hexcode corresponds to the exact shade you must use to make the transition between the preceding image to your submission look seamless.

My guess is that you sacrificed image quality for a smaller file size, thus the artifacts in the in your piece and the record-breaking 67-kilobyte(!) image. For the most economical package, that is, good image quality and small file size, use PNG format if you have clean and wide fields of the same color (for example, vectored pieces or your latest submission), and JPEG or GIF with more colorful and complex images.

But if you really want a fool-proof way to preserve the colors and the quality, I recommend saving the image in PNG format. Never mind the large file size; 56k users have been fairly warned anyway.

==========

#12 [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/meoi/electric-sheep.jpg]Sheep in the Big City[/url][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Delta][COLOR=#656446][SIZE=1][b]Kuja:[/b]
The orientation of your laptop screen and the quality of the ambient light only matter when you're matching colors by eye (NEVER DO THAT), not when you're using the Eyedropper tool. Always use the Eyedropper tool (or whatever its equivalent is) to sample colors. Then take the time to view the color information and note the color's hexadecimal code. That hexcode corresponds to the exact shade you must use to make the transition between the preceding image to your submission look seamles.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson][font=century gothic][size=3]Thanks for the tip, Delta. I have been using the eyedropper tool and going to flood-filling the area directly from that sample. So I guess it is the rate of compression that I used, I just kept Photoshop's default image compression rather than ramping it up to max.

I'll do that in future.[/size][/font][/color]

I'm very sorry about this since its my turn could you please skip me. I leaving today go see my mom and little sister and I can't make a graphic in about 10 mins that would look good. I'm also not bring my laptop either so I can't make it later. If you guys were to wait for me it would be around a month like I said before and I know no one wants to wait that long. Again very sorry.

[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]Done! I had to do it pretty quickly since I might not be on tomorrow. It's kind of plain but oh well. Least it isn't black. ;)

Click [url=http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/9059/worm2ly0.jpg]here[/url].[/FONT][/COLOR]

First time doing this... hope it matches the colors.... I actually had to do this twice because my Photoshop went beserk on me and closed before I could save the pic.

It might not be as good on the details and unfortunatelly. I created it on a lower resolution than the original one.

Here it goes.....

[size=1][color=#8B008B]I know this is a bit late to say this but I just noticed that 2007DigitalBoy's colors don't match up with Ozy's image. I'm not savvy with artistic stuff so I might be wrong but...yeah. Just thought I'd point that out. Carry on.[/size][/color]