OtakuBoards

Worst Anime

Saya Minatsuki

[color=limegreen]Yeah I know we ALL have those animes that we CAN'T STAND, what are some of yours?

As for me I HATE LOATHE AND DESPISE Bo bo bo Bo bo Bobo or whatever the crapper it is, I guess i don't find the idea of crime fighting nose hair very appealling, and I think the art for Lupin the Third is atrocious (i haven't seen the show so I can't pass full judgement). Also for Kappa Mikey (some can say its anime because of a few of the characters) that one's annoying, the little amount of anime in it isn't that good, at all, and even the American characters are crappy.[/color]

[COLOR=goldenrod]The problem I often run into with attempting to call an anime show the worst ever is often my reasons for disliking one are personal preference and not an indication that the show is actually bad. Though I'm sure some of them really are bad. I suppose a good example, for me that is, would be the Orphen series. I enjoyed the first season with Orphen, Cleao and Majic. Especially with subtitles instead of the English dub since I dislike how the English version has Orphen saying [spoiler]corny things when he's simply chanting a spell.[/spoiler]

But the second season? They killed it with terrible animation. And what made it worse, in my opinion, is every so often there would be just a tiny bit that was done better, giving you the false hope that the rest wasn't so poorly done. And by poor I mean the actual animation, not the story. It kind of made me sad since I really enjoyed the first season and how they wrapped things up.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Ninja Ressurection [/B] is the worst turd to ever slide down the tubes of anime's anus. This double-reature was meant to be a sequel to the uber-famous anime classic [B]Ninja Scroll[/B]. Basically, the only similarity, though, is the character Jubei returning.

Okay, so it comes in two parts. The first one is about religion, some holy war, a kid with god inside of him, and a whole truckload of BS. Really, the only reason these movies exist is to be offensive, and they are plenty of that, but holy crap they could not have made something more tragically disgisting and terrible as this heaping load of pure ****.

The second part is the worst. Apart from that the first 10 minutes have nothing to do with the rest, the whole thing is ****ing disgusting, pointless, and tripe. There's some rape, summoning of the devil, all the classic nasty ********. Now mind you, I don't care about extreme sex and violence, hell i've written my fair share of it. But this movie is just crap caked in piss. It's an attack on your intelligence and it will make you cry bloody tears.

The ending is the worst part of all. The team of demons shows up in town, kills like 40 people, then jumps up on top of a building and says 'the world is next' or some such crap. If you even remotely like Ninja Scroll, do yourself a favor and avoid this hideous atrocious abomination. I don't care who you are, if you savor your dignity, your well-being, or even your innocence, don't watch this hunk of pubic cake.[/COLOR]

Guys, come on. There's good anime, there's mediocre anime, and there's bad anime. But well beyond any of that, there's...

[center][img]http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/a/a3/250px-Musashi_Gundo.jpg[/img][/center]

Musashi Gundoh is a veritable symphony of cheap and awful. With [i]any other series[/i] you can usually find a way out, [i]something[/i] that works in spite of everything else falling apart. Not so for Gundoh. There's no rest, no escape from the awful. This is a show so poorly made that it is genuinely shocking.

Evidence: [URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7urUYFjLUk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7urUYFjLUk[/URL]

Watch this. Just WATCH it - yes, ALL the way through. Anything I could say about this clip is completely superfluous. No other show even comes close to this thing.

EDIT: how didn't I notice the Lupin III jab? :animeangr

[quote name='TehCryptKeeper][color=limegreen']I think the art for Lupin the Third is atrocious (i haven't seen the show so I can't pass full judgement).[/color][/quote]

[color=deeppink]Keep in mind Lupin the Third is a 36 year old anime, so it's bound to look like crap compared to modern animes. I'm assuming the series you're most familiar with is the second, because it was the one broadcast on CN. It was made from 1977 to 1980, so even that is incredibly old.[/color]

[quote name='Aaryanna']The problem I often run into with attempting to call an anime show the worst ever is often my reasons for disliking one are personal preference and not an indication that the show is actually bad.[/quote]

[color=deeppink]That's all anyone has to go on, though. "Good" and "bad" is simply a matter of opinion.

As far as worst animes ever go? I have two, but I can only remember the name of one of them. The Hakkenden was an absolutely terrible anime. The subsequent events often felt disonnected, the characters were poorly done, and the animation kept switching styles. This eclectism eventually caused one of the episodes to be the [i]worst looking animation I have ever seen.[/i] It was so bad, I coudln't tell what was happening, made worse because all the chracters in that episode looked the same. It was maddening!

The other was some generic sentai-esque anime, where the characters were empty shells and the plot was asinine. I'm actually glad I don't remember it.[/color]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Oi! Found the next one browsing my Anime I've Seen list (sig). I remembered [B]Kai Doh Maru[/B]. My god this movie was freaking godawful. Firstly, I thought it would be cool because it was from the makers of Blood the Last Vampire - a 30-minute movie with a unique artstyle. Christ, I was wrong.

Firstly, about that damn 'artstyle'. Parts of the movie were supposed to look like some kind of art of the edo, or whatever. It had this hideous look like it was blurred and a coat of white was poured over it which ends up just making it hard to see, not cool. But that wasn't enough, they had to change it up throughout. So, there are parts where there's regular anime-style animation, but in this movie all the (ugly-***) characters do is stand still and talk for about 3/4ths of the film. and what do they babble about?

Like every other goddamn samurai show it's full of political intrigue or whatever, but 'intrigue aint the word. They talk about crap you don't care in a horrible attempt to explain the plot that just doesn't work.

The worst of the animation comes when they try to change it up. While characters babble, we get one of two things. Either a pan shot of 'nature' which is like a big ugly orange tree that isn't moving or something. that or they'll show a CG version of the town, but the CG is so uninspired it's laughable.

The saving grace, like in any samurai story, is the violence, though. Or is it? Cool as their moves are, the camera shaking in the battle scenes makes it near impossible to tell what's going on as everything's an ugly blur.

The writing makes me laugh just thinking about. Hideous dialogue, and the worst dub in any anime I've ever heard, lol. Just bad all around. The story is nonsensical as well. Nothing about this freaking movie is appealing - it's a waste of 30 minutes I used on recording it on my fake t-vo. This is crap, and you're better off not having seen it -- though it might be worth watching just to laugh your *** off at the dub.[/COLOR]

[quote name='TehCryptKeeper][color=limegreen']Yeah I forgot One Piece sucked too, it gives pirates a bad name and just seems a little "two-year-oldish" for my taste. As for DB's comment on Ninja Resurrection I haven't seen that anime yet but I loved the metaphor.[/color][/quote]
HEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEY. HEY. Wait until sometime in August and then pass judgement on OP. The version you are referring to is handled by 4Kids Entertainment. You know, the Pokemon guys? (Actually, they lost that one, too.) They americanize and kiddify shows so much that the things that made the shows so good in the first place are often missing. The real One Piece has all the horrid, misbehaved pirate action of PotC and then some, plus an awesome story and non-crap voice acting. in the meantime, try reading the manga on MSNgroups. If chapter 210 doesn't hook ya, I don't know what will.

Sorry for the rant

Hmm, worst... I'd have to say Pokemon. It's like even in the Japanese version, they try to be inconsistent with the games. ("If a grass type jumps, electricity is more effective!" it's like cheating to make Pikachu look good.)

[quote name='Aceburner']Hmm, worst... I'd have to say Pokemon. It's like even in the Japanese version, they try to be inconsistent with the games. ("If a grass type jumps, electricity is more effective!" it's like cheating to make Pikachu look good.)[/quote]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]You wound me!

Anyway, this next one I actually half-love simply because it's so epic-ly retarded that you can't help but love it to death. Of course I mean the legendary 4 episode OVA, [B]Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals [/B] from 1995!

Firstly, the fact that the FF movie came out only like 5 years after this is hard to believe. The movie had like the most amazing graphics in existence at the time of it's release. This movie looks like an 80s anime or something - it's plain old shoddy. Not only that, but the characters are downright rediculous-looking (well, I suppose I should be glad they don't look like real FF characters, lol.)

The OVA is surprisingly shonen. Unlike the FF games, it's positively brimming with testosterone and manly action.The main character has a Sephiroth-length sword, naturally, and there is plenty of action to be seen in this story, which is what solidifies it as 'awesomely-bad,' simply because you'll still have fun while you laugh yourself to death.

Know this, you must watch the dub. It is SO VERY BAD that it's increadible. Not to mention it holds the single worst line in dubbing history. The little guy is recalling witnessing his gradpa die and says in 100% monotone. "Grandfather. Nooooooo." That's just GOLD.

The story is dumb, the pacing is meaningless, the characters are annoying, the ending comes uick and takes forever - basically it's got all the classic anime complaints - it's plain stupid as hell.

Also,[B] Dragon Ball Z[/B] and [B]Inuyasha [/B] are both pretty god damn stupid, but I don't wanna get into that a thousandth time.[/COLOR]

[font=comic sans ms]Worst animes eh. If I consider them bad I normally stop watching them after the third or forth episode. I know it's a bit harsh/unfair to judge like that, but can't help it. If something doesn't spark my interest by the 3rd or 4th episode, I'm done with it. (But I won't call them the worst since I know there may be others out there far worst than what I've seen, which isn't much.)

In that case, [b]One Piece[/b]. So I've heard that Funimation is going to be taking over this series or something like that. I don't really think that's going to change much for me since I don't like anything about the series. I don't like any of the characters. Luffy isn't exactly the type of character that I'd really like to see succeed in whatever his goal is. (I'll be honest. I can put up with him alot more than I can with Naruto) Who knows though, when Funimation take over I may check it out once again.

[b]Witch Hunter Robin[/b] - I was put to sleep during the 1st 7 minutes. To me this is one of those series where the previews is better than the series itself. If only they just had something to keep me interested because the animation looked good, but there was nothing to fall back on. I need my action.

[b]Inuyasha[/b] and [b]Naruto[/b] - Well, they're decent animes, but what made me not really care much for them is some of the fans. They've been overhyped so much till the point that I was expecting to be blown away. (Ghost in the Shell: SAC type good.) But I was disappointed when I started watching these programs. Shippo and Naruto are anime killers. If a series is mediocre or decent I can actually stick around a bit for it, but Shippo and Naruto pisses me off to the point to where I just can't watch another episode or the rest of that current episode. (Why am I still watching it... >_>)

That's about it I guess.[/font]

[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1]I absolutely dislike in every way possible Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo and also hate One Piece for reasons already listed.

I wasn't too much into Steel Angel Kurumi. I think the art work is lovely but it's such a wasted plot line. I don't know what it is about that anime that I hate so much. Probably the fact that it's too... ehhh... revealing. I don't really understand why people would like it (no offense to anyone that does!). It's probably aimed towards the male audience though -.- Though I liked Please Teacher! Whatever. I don't know haha. My male friend gave me that anime to watch and after the first disc, I just shut it off.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Guest carezo
well i like most but there are those few that i cant stand like bobobo one piece and i really cant stand kodocha i think it is one of the stupidest shows ever made no offence to anyone who may like the show i just cant stand it at all

Kind of wondering about all the [I]Bobobo-Bobo-bobo[/I] hate. The nonsense extreme randomness kind of grew on me and I like the fact that it is making fun of the show [I]Fist of the North Star[/I](which I guess is supposed to be the idea for the classic bad anime). Speaking of which, I don't exactly hate the show [I]Fist of the North Star[/I] , but I can't really get past the theme " I poke you, now you go boom" deal.

[quote name='desertphoenix]Kind of wondering about all the [I]Bobobo-Bobo-bobo[/I'] hate. The nonsense extreme randomness kind of grew on me and I like the fact that it is making fun of the show[/quote]
[SIZE=1][FONT=Georgia]
For some reason, I just can't get myself into it... no matter how I try. I guess some people have to like it if it still airs on Cartoon Network. Haha. :)[/FONT][/SIZE]

[color=limegreen]On another site it seemed a lot of people had problems with shows like InuYasha, Naruto and FullMetal Alchemist because of their popularity. Personally I don't think its right to judge a show based on how many people like it, and I mean that towards ANYTHING. People need to create their own opinions and I admire you all for your ability to watch anime and judge it based on your personal taste in anime.

I almost forgot, I thought Gungrave was [i]ok[/i] but it really didn't draw me in that much. Then again I've only seen teh second volume *laughs*. Ok while were on the subject of "worsts" is their an anime you like/love but think it would be better without a specific person? In most cases even those people you think are pricks are necessary to the show and are their because you're [i]supposed[/i] to hate them, BUT I JUST CAN'T STAND SIMCA FROM AIR GEAR!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah I hate Archer (fma) and Creed (Black Cat) but at least they serve a purpose, Simca is just an annoying....... *rambles on about Simca including many many terms not appropriate for people with innocent ears or weak stomachs* [/color]

[quote name='TehCryptKeeper][color=limegreen']On another site it seemed a lot of people had problems with shows like InuYasha, Naruto and FullMetal Alchemist because of their popularity. Personally I don't think its right to judge a show based on how many people like it, and I mean that towards ANYTHING. People need to create their own opinions and I admire you all for your ability to watch anime and judge it based on your personal taste in anime. [/color][/quote]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Naruto [/B] and [B]Inuyasha [/B] - two shows I used to love and now i hate. It's true, I get into confrontations with the hordes of fans for these shows nowadays since they're so popular, but I was watching both when they were relatively obscure, so I doubt that has anything with anything.

The thing is, neither Inuyasha or Naruto is a very good show. Both are carbon copies of every other [B]Shonen Jump [/B] manga/anime. Both repeat themselves incessently, are rediculously predictable, have indestructible characters that take an eternity to see the slightest development, and repeat the same moves and stuff a thousand million times. I can't even figure out why I liked those shows, though I guess at the time any promise of action was enough for me.

It's not so much that I hate the shows for their fans, it's more that I hate the shows for turning people into fans. Whenever I see a Naruto fan I want to tie them to a chair and make them watch something better, lol.[/COLOR]

Guest mman
[QUOTE=Phenom][b]Witch Hunter Robin[/b] - I was put to sleep during the 1st 7 minutes. To me this is one of those series where the previews is better than the series itself. If only they just had something to keep me interested because the animation looked good, but there was nothing to fall back on. I need my action.
[/font][/QUOTE]

Same thing here. I mean, witches can be cool. But when I'm up at 1:00 in the morning trying to watch a show, I don't want to be put to sleep and miss other actual good anime.

As for my worst, I got to pick Comic Party Revolution. That show pissed me off in so many ways. The new Pokemon seasons are horrible, too.

[COLOR=DarkRed]There is not many bad anime out there in my opinion. There are those we dislike, those we like, and those that we are obsessive about.

If I were to choose, I'd say that the later seasons of Pokemon are redundant and kind of boring. I do not like anime that stop midway through the manga. It is aggrivating and depressing. Kare Kano and Tenjo Tenge are like that. Both good series that just....stopped. But, the Kare Kano anime just sucks in comparision to the manga.(Fruits Basket too)[/COLOR]

Digitalboy, All I'm saying is that Ash/Satoshi's Pikachu is way overpowered, and it's because the writers keep adding loopholes that are nowhere to be found in the games (You electrocute a Rhyhorn's horn and see where it gets you.) Other than that, it's not too bad, I guess. That's just what always got to me.

Ooh, such OP hate... Growing weak... Curse you, Al Kahn! You turned America against the most original series since I can't remember! I'm thinking of going emo after he's dead, since the damage may be irreversable.

BTW: anyone who hasn't seen the original: Yu-Gi-Oh is supposed to be about death, not friendship. Guess who got their grubby little hands on THAT franchise.

[QUOTE=Aceburner]Digitalboy, All I'm saying is that Ash/Satoshi's Pikachu is way overpowered, and it's because the writers keep adding loopholes that are nowhere to be found in the games (You electrocute a Rhyhorn's horn and see where it gets you.) Other than that, it's not too bad, I guess. That's just what always got to me.
[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]lol, I actually liked that scene, as well as most of the stuff on [B]Kanto[/B]. You picked one of the most minor plotholes; I could go on for 10 pages about the plotholes in [B]Pokemon[/B], so don't get me started XD

By the way, a shoutout to more lame-*** anime. [B]F-Zero Falcon Densetsu[/B], the english dub if [B]Saint Seiya [/B] AKA [B]Knights of the Zodiac[/B]. If you watch the two next to each other it's an entire different show. [B]Monster Rancher [/B] XD [B]Reign the Conqueror [/B] - redefined gay, [B]Transformers Armada [/B] is a ****ing joke and an insult to [B]Transformers [/B] as a whole, and just for laughs, [B]Ultimate Muscle[/B].

BBL I'm sure.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Aceburner']BTW: anyone who hasn't seen the original: Yu-Gi-Oh is supposed to be about death, not friendship. Guess who got their grubby little hands on THAT franchise.[/quote][color=#007520]I'm going to argue that even if it dealt with death more than Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters, it was still about friendship.

Take for example the first episode, where Yuugi [spoiler]defends[/spoiler] Jounouchi and Honda [spoiler]from that bully.[/spoiler] Yes, it was a death [spoiler]defying stunt and psychotic torture that he used,[/spoiler] but it was still in the name of friendship!

That, and the first part of Yuugi and the first part of Jounouchi put together creates "Yuujou" which means friendship.

-r2[/color]

[COLOR=Indigo][quote name='TehCryptKeeper][color=limegreen']On another site it seemed a lot of people had problems with shows like InuYasha, Naruto and FullMetal Alchemist because of their popularity. Personally I don't think its right to judge a show based on how many people like it, and I mean that towards ANYTHING. People need to create their own opinions and I admire you all for your ability to watch anime and judge it based on your personal taste in anime. [/color][/quote]It's rather ironic, since popularity has never been a deciding factor for me when it comes to what anime shows I like. For example I've always loved the Crest of the Stars series even though others think it's boring and it's not anywhere near as popular as shows like InuYasha and Naruto.

Sadly, even though I think both InuYasha and Naruto have their good moments, the dragged out long parts are irritating. As DB stated they tend to get repetitive. And yet at the same time I still have sections and particular episodes that I do like just fine. So it's really a love/hate sort of deal. I mostly hate them, but parts of them I do love to watch. [spoiler]Like episodes with Shippo. I've always liked him even if most of the fans think he's useless. [/spoiler]

I could also say the same for Detective Conan, I love the show, but seriously, with over 470 episodes and over eleven movies...I'm ready to see Shin'ichi Kudo as an [spoiler]adult[/spoiler] again. I still love the show, but sometimes too much of a good thing is just as irritating as too much of a bad thing. lol[QUOTE=r2vq][color=#007520]I'm going to argue that even if it dealt with death more than Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters, it was still about friendship.

Take for example the first episode, where Yuugi [spoiler]defends[/spoiler] Jounouchi and Honda [spoiler]from that bully.[/spoiler] Yes, it was a death [spoiler]defying stunt and psychotic torture that he used,[/spoiler] but it was still in the name of friendship!

That, and the first part of Yuugi and the first part of Jounouchi put together creates "Yuujou" which means friendship.

-r2[/color][/QUOTE]Drat! You beat me to it. I find it ironic how people complain that they added friendship to Yu-Gi-Oh when it was always central to the story. All they did was take out the death aspect making it look like they added the 'friendship' idea. Which is why I prefer the manga for this series. [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange]lol, I actually liked that scene, as well as most of the stuff on [B]Kanto[/B]. You picked one of the most minor plotholes; I could go on for 10 pages about the plotholes in [B]Pokemon[/B], so don't get me started XD

By the way, a shoutout to more lame-*** anime. [B]F-Zero Falcon Densetsu[/B], the english dub if [B]Saint Seiya [/B] AKA [B]Knights of the Zodiac[/B]. If you watch the two next to each other it's an entire different show. [B]Monster Rancher [/B] XD [B]Reign the Conqueror [/B] - redefined gay, [B]Transformers Armada [/B] is a ****ing joke and an insult to [B]Transformers [/B] as a whole, and just for laughs, [B]Ultimate Muscle[/B].

BBL I'm sure.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkRed]What is wrong with Monster Rancher? It's one of the best I've seen.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]I'm going to be honest, but I really don't like Inuyasha and Naruto. Why?

I used to be into them at first. After the first season of Inuyasha, it kept repeating itself over and over. Thus, have ended watching it. But I honestly love the music for Inuyasha.

As for Naruto, so many anime fans were appealed to it, and I decided to watch the anime myself. After a short time, I really was kinda into it, but then I quickly lost interest and needed to find better anime.

I'm neutral with both of the two. ^^; [/FONT] [/SIZE] [/COLOR]