OtakuBoards

Worst Anime

Saya Minatsuki

[quote name='chibi andy' date='08 June 2010 - 03:05 PM' timestamp='1276034704' post='694893']
i think for me the worst anime i've watched in my life would be giant robo, utter piece of crap. i mean c'mon a giant mech that can only punch??? and it cries too >_> even tho its supposedly the strongest mech it really sucks, i mean even a gundam will pawn it easy and with no effort at all
[/quote]

Blasphemy. [i]Giant Robo[/i] is the best mecha series of the '90s. A duel, sir!

[quote name='Shinmaru' date='09 June 2010 - 12:45 AM' timestamp='1276037106' post='694901']
Blasphemy. [i]Giant Robo[/i] is the best mecha series of the '90s. A duel, sir!
[/quote]

lol a duel it is then :P tho i still think the 90's gundam is waaaay better than giant robo.

[b]Strike Witches[/b]

Thank you, Comcast. For ruining my eyesight. Give me some friggin descriptions when I'm curious about checking out something new.... (computer was crappy. had no other way of finding what this was about or the content) I can't tell you if there's a story or not since I turned it off about 5 minutes later. I'll never understand what's so appealing at little girls flying around in some sort of panties or whatever and camera is zooming on the ###. This's gotta be pedo material.

X_X Edited by Magus

[quote name='Saya Minatsuki' date='28 May 2007 - 04:09 PM' timestamp='1180382966' post='617852']
[color="limegreen"]Yeah I know we ALL have those animes that we CAN'T STAND, what are some of yours?

As for me I HATE LOATHE AND DESPISE Bo bo bo Bo bo Bobo or whatever the crapper it is, I guess i don't find the idea of crime fighting nose hair very appealling, and I think the art for Lupin the Third is atrocious (i haven't seen the show so I can't pass full judgement). Also for Kappa Mikey (some can say its anime because of a few of the characters) that one's annoying, the little amount of anime in it isn't that good, at all, and even the American characters are crappy.[/color]
[/quote]

Oh GOD Bobobo is the WORST. When it first came out I watched the 1st episode and just hated it! I was like 11 or something and at the prime of loving my anime but that was the WORST!
But I have to disagree with Lupin the Third tho, it's a really interesting show and hs its funny moments. You should give it a chance. Kappa Mikey, ACK. That's all for that one lol

Mew Mew Power

Pokemon. It used to be good and now it's crap.

Bakugan. Ultimate fail and my nephew LOVES it.

Bobobo bo bobo. GAWD

errr, theres more but mind is in a blank. Edited by Ikillion

• 1 month later...
You know... I will never understand this, but the anime that holds the deepest place of hatred in my heart is [b]Bleach[/b].

I don't know what it is about [b]Bleach[/b], but I absolutely cannot stand it. There is nothing in that show that gets me going or makes me want to watch it. I have given it various amounts of tries and efforts, and it never works out. I really hate that show. The characters are dumb, the animation is only decent. It's [i]flat[/i], like [b]Inuyasha [/b]or [b]Naruto [/b](both of which just became rediculous with fillers). It's not really as good as people make it out to be.
No, [b]Bleach[/b]... I will never love you. I just can't. No matter how many times my friends try to get me into it or tell me that it's amazing, I simply cannot do it. And I miss out on a lot hating [b]Bleach [/b]lol

EDIT:
[quote]FLCL, Lord knows I must be just allergic to anything produced by Gainax that isn't Gurren Lagann but after two episodes of nonsensical plot and moronic characters, as well as an art style I didn't particularly care for I just couldn't go on watching this.
[/quote]

I loved [b]FLCL[/b]. I thought it was great. Even my mom liked it, and she hates anime in general, although she did used to read the [b]Shaman King [/b]manga with me for some time when I was younger.
Anyway, I just thought it was funny that someone hates something that even my mom likes. God knows that woman is hard to please. >.> Edited by Elk

My worst anime vote goes to [b]Naruto[/b].

Now, as to why, I'll tell you.  It's because it's being over-hyped and is adored by all the children who drag their parents into every Books-A-Million and Best Buy.  So naturally Books-A-Million and Best Buy overstock their shelves with Naruto mags and disks.  Want to find a copy of Princess Resurrection or Dorothy of Oz?  You might be lucky to find an issue that came out five or six months ago.  But oh yeah, there's an entire SHELF devoted to Naruto and the OVER NINE THOUSAND disks/mags that are being churned out like crap from an elephant's anus. 

I hate Naruto.  Believe it.

[quote name='The Tentacle' date='25 July 2010 - 12:33 PM' timestamp='1280082780' post='697878']
I hate Naruto.  Believe it.
[/quote]

Gah. That was absolutely priceless!
Probably my new favorite quote from the OB.

[color=indigo]I'm kind of shocked that Naruto is getting so many votes. Even if you don't like Naruto, and I can understand not liking it, there is no way that anyone that has seen even a moderate amount of anime could honestly say it is the worst anime out there.

My vote for worst anime in Alien Nine. I only made it through three episodes, but those three episodes nearly made me swear off anime altogether. I'm still not 100% sure what the story is about...I get the feeling that the main character is supposed to be hunting aliens. Apparently this requires her to merge with another alien and then roller blade around her school while wielding a lacrosse stick. As bad as the plot is, the art is worse. It is truly so bad that it is hard to tell apart the girl characters from the boy characters. The artists also seem to have an obsession with knee pads. Weird.

Trust me, Alien Nine makes Naruto look like fine art. It is easily the worst show i have ever see...I'd rather watch Dr Phil.[/color] Edited by Heaven's Cloud

[quote name='Heaven's Cloud' date='27 July 2010 - 09:11 PM' timestamp='1280279463' post='698068']
[color=indigo]I'm kind of shocked that Naruto is getting so many votes. Even if you don't like Naruto, and I can understand not liking it, there is no way that anyone that has seen even a moderate amount of anime could honestly say it is the worst anime out there.
[/color]
[/quote]
I don't know. I wouldn't agree or disagree with the claim of Naruto being called the worst anime. I can understand why some would call it the worst anime though. (This also goes for Bleach and One Piece) In terms of animation it's far too inconsistent (if you care about those things), pacing can be crap, although I'd argue that it's been fairly decent lately. And then the characters. There just aren't any great characters in the series. [spoiler]The best characters are all dead[/spoiler]. The one thing that's keeping me from dropping Naruto at the moment is the fights. (Although Pein vs Naruto in motion was horrible)

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Naruto's...interesting art-style for major fights has always raised consternation with fans, having waited God only knows how long to actually see Naruto vs Pain the animated product felt like a considerable let-down. I still wouldn't put Naruto into my "worst anime" category but I do understand people's reasoning for viewing it with derision. [/size][/font]

[quote name='Heaven's Cloud' date='27 July 2010 - 06:11 PM' timestamp='1280279463' post='698068']
[color=indigo]My vote for worst anime in Alien Nine. I only made it through three episodes, but those three episodes nearly made me swear off anime altogether. I'm still not 100% sure what the story is about...I get the feeling that the main character is supposed to be hunting aliens. Apparently this requires her to merge with another alien and then roller blade around her school while wielding a lacrosse stick. As bad as the plot is, the art is worse. It is truly so bad that it is hard to tell apart the girl characters from the boy characters. The artists also seem to have an obsession with knee pads. Weird.

Trust me, Alien Nine makes Naruto look like fine art. It is easily the worst show i have ever see...I'd rather watch Dr Phil.[/color]
[/quote]

Haha, I actually like [b]Alien Nine[/b] and think it has some interesting things to say about growing up, but at the same time, I can easily see why someone would dislike it. As a narrative, it is a total mess; I've never read anything about the behind-the-scenes development of the OVA (assuming that information is even out there to be read), but it's difficult to tell how much of the story's choppiness is intentional, how much is the fault of the creators' incompetence and how much may have been limitations set by the producers. Not having read the manga makes that task that much tougher for me lol. Regardless of who is at fault, there are definite issues with how the story is told -- if you didn't like the first three episodes, then you would have HATED the ending. Or, rather, the conclusion, since it's not really much of an ending at all.

It's difficult for me to answer the question of this topic, because I don't think I've ever completed a truly, out and out, mind-crushingly [b]bad[/b] anime. I've exaggerated the faults of some incredibly average shows in the past -- [b]Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka[/b], [b]White Album[/b], [b]Munto[/b], [b]Ookamikakushi[/b], etc. -- but really, they're just your average TV garbage. Probably the worst I've finished is the [b]X[/b] movie, but even that is kind of fun in a totally trashy way, even if it makes absolutely no sense and is completely stupid.

Umm, the worst anime to me has to be Beyblade. A bunch of kids playing with spinning tops who have these beasts inside of them. They measured strength based on how well your tops spun and if you got beat you were a weak Beybladers......I mean..[size="4"]COME ON!!!![/size]

I didn't like the idea of spinning tops determining the outcome of a huge company. Honestly. Kids got jumped in alleys for having being a crappy top spinner. The characters were lame for the most part, they had a few bright spots but overall, a total waste of voices. This show had kids believing they could control their spinning tops if they called out the name of the spirit inside of it....I bet those kids looked really dumb.

[quote name='Shinmaru' date='28 July 2010 - 06:20 PM' timestamp='1280355624' post='698143']
Probably the worst I've finished is the [b]X[/b] movie, but even that is kind of fun in a totally trashy way, even if it makes absolutely no sense and is completely stupid.
[/quote]

[color=indigo]I truly can't believe anyone liked [b]Alien Nine[/b]...are you sure you aren't just screwing with me Shin? I agree with you about [b]X[/b] though, and am chagrined that I didn't mention it. I own that movie and have no idea what it s about. Every now and then I'll watch it just to see if I can finally make sense of it. Never is going to happen...

To defend [b]Naruto[/b] one more time I will state this, if you remove all the fillers it is a great story of acceptance, of friendship, and of growing up. The character development has been fairly decent and the plot (not the fillers) always serves a purpose. As for the animation, I was actually a fan of the Naruto vs Pain and Naruto vs Sasuke fights. I like that almost old school sort of choppy animation, it kind of reminds me of [b]Ghost in the Shell[/b] and [b]Demon City Shinjuku[/b] (even the animated scene in [b]Kill Bill[/b]). I wouldn't have minded if all of Shippuden had been animated in that manner (though I am sure to be alone in my opinion on that one). [/color]

No doubt the plot is there for Naruto. It's heading in a specific direction. (Can't say that for Bleach..... Seriously, what the heck is the story for Bleach?) But I can't say I really care for the plot. It's a good thing I don't watch anime / read manga for its plot / story... (don't mind me, I'm weird) Like I said, I can't agree or disagree about Naruto being called the worst anime. I just understand where people are coming from if they want to label Naruto as the worst anime. (Out of all the shonen series I've came across so far I'd certainly say it's at the bottom or close to on my list) As for animation. Honestly, I probably wouldn't mind that hideous look as much if it remained consistent. Either stay ugly or stay great. I hate the flip flop stuff. Edited by Magus

[quote name='Beretta' date='29 July 2010 - 04:25 AM' timestamp='1280373921' post='698191']Honestly, I probably wouldn't mind that hideous look as much if it remained consistent. Either stay ugly or stay great. I hate the flip flop stuff.
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]If I remember correctly there are several different art teams for Naruto generally and then special ones, or a special art director are brought in for certain big plot moments like VotE or Naruto vs Pain to mix things up a little.

As for Bleach, yeah, plot on that can generally be summed up as "Super-powered teenager saves trapped female love-interest"...makes me wonder if Tatsuki is the new one, I mean we know already she does kinda dig him.[/size][/font]

[quote name='Gavin' date='29 July 2010 - 06:21 PM' timestamp='1280442069' post='698232']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]If I remember correctly there are several different art teams for Naruto generally and then special ones, or a special art director are brought in for certain big plot moments like VotE or Naruto vs Pain to mix things up a little.
[/size][/font]
[/quote]

[color=indigo]I keep meaning to check and see if the same team that did the Naruto vs Pain fight also did [b]Spirited Away[/b] (not Studio Ghibli, but the art team they used). I think that is where the familiarity with the scene is from.[/color] Edited by Heaven's Cloud

• 1 month later...
[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#4169e1"]I'd have to say one of the worst anime I have ever seen okay there are a few, so I'll do a top 3. *Drumroll* ( My opinions may be hated but that's cool )

3. Rizelmine ( Some argue this is funny...but to me... NO... Young kids mixed with blatant sexual innuendos. This was painstakingly designed for the Japanese pedo, and not for me so yeah.)

2. Madlax ( Bored the Cargo pants and dogtags right off me, man I wasted some serious lifetime on this, I'm sure some people liked this, and there are certainly worse ones I can't actually think of right now, but when I watched this I wept with boredom and the memory stood out. )

1. Raimuiro Senkitan ( THIS IS BAD, DON'T WATCH THIS!!!!! Girl and Mech anime, many panty shots, lame ass writing and story, based on a hentai! Some people are going, "Wait... that doesn't sound so bad... Fate Stay Nite was based on a hent... BUT YOU ARE WRONG, DON'T WATCH THIS!! Seriously it's up to you, but you have been warned, life is precious, don't waste it... that is all )

Ah *breathes deeply* Okay so there are my 2 cents.[/color][/font]

• 2 weeks later...
As much as it pains me to do this I am forced to add [b]The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya[/b] to this list.  Not the first season though, as that was pretty good.  And not so much the second season either.  Half of that was also good.

No, I'm adding only the [i]first[/i] half of the [i]second[/i] season to this list.  That is the half that consisted of the eight episodes entitled The Endless Eight.  It certainly lived up to its name.  Not that it was a bad story either though.  

What I found to be supremely annoying, and made me seriously consider skipping episodes, was the fact that all eight episodes of the Endless Eight consisted of the S.O.S Brigade's activities during their summer vacation.  "What's so bad about that?" you might be asking.  Well, the first episode covered the entirety of their activities and the following seven merely repeated them with only minor variations in the animation and dialogue.  

[spoiler]The S.O.S Brigade were trapped in a time loop due to Haruhi's unwillingness to let summer vacation end, hence the repetitive nature of the story arch.[/spoiler]

This was also covered in the manga and both were based off of the material from the light novels.  Only the manga covered it in ONE CHAPTER while the anime took EIGHT EPISODES.  And those eight episodes took up half a season's worth of the show.  The Endless Eight only really required three episodes to fully cover and there was so much material remaining from the novels that they could have presented in the other five.  

I was reminded of that one scene from the first season where we were treated to looking at the back of Yuki's head whilst she silently read a book for five minutes.  This was clearly some sort of cop-out designed to cut cost and save time as well, only on a much longer and more maddening scale.

If you're a Haruhi fan and have yet to watch the second season consider yourselves warned.  The Endless Eight is a test of patience.   Edited by The Tentacle

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='The Tentacle' date='03 October 2010 - 10:20 PM' timestamp='1286137218' post='700876']
As much as it pains me to do this I am forced to add [b]The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya[/b] to this list. Not the first season though, as that was pretty good. And not so much the second season either. Half of that was also good.

[/quote]

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#4169e1"]100% agreement here... I feel for the poor animators...[/color][/font]

• 10 months later...
Hahaha, oh how I do miss my naive self who could have called the [b]X[/b] movie the worst anime he had ever seen. Since then I've watched multiple horrors that make [b]X/1999[/b] look like [b]Revolutionary Girl Utena[/b] ...

For me, I'd say the worst of the worst is [b]Shuffle![/b] There are undoubtedly [i]worse[/i] anime in terms of the whole package -- writing, characters, design, animation quality, etc. -- but harem series are like poison to me, and pretty much the first half of [b]Shuffle![/b] is the laziest, most retarded harem **** I've ever seen. I spent the first half loathing the very existence of every character, so of course the second half is all "crushing" melodrama that is somehow supposed to get you to cry and feel for the characters even though, again, the first half is stupid harem ****. God damn is this ever painful.

Other god awful anime ...

[b]Odin: Space Photon Sailer Starlight[/b]: Maybe the most boring movie I'll ever see in my life. A tremendously animated snoozefest.

[b]Eiken[/b]: Ugh. Just ... ugh. **** this OVA so hard. Disgusting.

[b]Itsudatte My Santa![/b]: Could not be more irritating if it reached out of my computer, peeled my skull open and rubbed a cactus against my brain.

[b]Garzey's Wing[/b]: Definitely a candidate for the worst English dub in history. So it should say something when I write that everything else about it is an even worse trainwreck.

[quote name='Inuyasha Fandom' timestamp='1280297455' post='698085']
Yes.... Turn Dr. Phil into an anime.... and you'll have the worse anime ever lol
[/quote]
Ever seen the squiglvision cartoon D. Katz. There you go.

I agree with any game based anime. The exception would be the original Yu-Gi-Oh. They did good work. Any season after the original cast made there leave is just unacceptable. Especially now, they duel while racing on retarded looking motorcycles?

Prince of Tennis. Sorry, I'm not that fond of tennis and it seemed like they tried to take an anime about ordinary school kids and bump it up. Tennis is not that serious.

I'll be the second to nominate Shin Chan. The little niche audience they tried to entertain is just way too small. The animation and whatnot from what I seen was just too much. I wouldn't watch it if it was hentai.

I would like to defend Lupin The third. It was made in the 50's, that's why it look s like it does. It's animation was(like most anime) above most of what USA was putting out and still is somewhat. It's early anime, it looks like what early anime looks like. Eve see Kakaider? Same style. Hell Astro Boy still uses that style in all versions. Edited by Jax Rhapsody