OtakuBoards

Worst Anime

Saya Minatsuki

[font=trebuchet ms][color=purple]
Hmmm.... I can't really think of anything that I didn't like that I've watched so far, but then again, I haven't really watched all that much anime. Some were confusing and could've been better, but none that I hate.... I'll have to get back to you guys and this one.
[/font][/color]

• 7 months later...
I have to go with some older titles for my picks of Worst Anime.

Angel Santuary, an anime that was made mainly to make people read the manga and only really makes sense if you've read some of the manga. The whole incest love angle between the main character and his sister is just the start of what becomes one blood mess that ends in a cliff hanger that continues into the manga. Oh and don't you dare skip the over the openings or closings since little , but really important, parts of the story are shown during it.

Earthian: Thank God I don't really remeber much of this anime. Other than angel and fallen angel live together and are cops or something.

Robot Carnival: Ok so some parts are kinda good but over all it's more ZZZZZs than anything.

Weathering Continent: kinda like Record of Lodass War meets Ninja scroll but with out the pazazz and another series that seems to be part of a larger series that I don't think has been released in America.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Did I say I say I hated Elfen Lied already? Yea well that's my least favorite ever.
Easily hate able characters. A story that has the blandness of a soap opera and the audaciousness of an exploitation flick. A crappy underlying message. It's just fail after fail after fail. Not even blood and boobs could bring it back. Hell if anything they made it worse. [/COLOR]

[FONT="Verdana"]I realy didnt like Kodocha, Bobobo-Bobo-bobo, and all the Yu-gi-oh series. Bobobo-Bobo-bobo was just a little too random for me despite the fact that I do like random comedy, but they took it a bit over the top. Kodocha was just plain stupid, most of the kiddies acted way too mature and they were and they were in elementary school or something. With Yu-gi-oh, I played with the card a long long time ago, but i never caught onto the whole aime deal with it. They just seemed over dramatic when they were just playing a card game.[/FONT]

[quote name='Udon'][FONT="Verdana"]I realy didnt like Kodocha, Bobobo-Bobo-bobo, and all the Yu-gi-oh series. Bobobo-Bobo-bobo was just a little too random for me despite the fact that I do like random comedy, but they took it a bit over the top. Kodocha was just plain stupid, most of the kiddies acted way too mature and they were and they were in elementary school or something. With Yu-gi-oh, I played with the card a long long time ago, but i never caught onto the whole aime deal with it. They just seemed over dramatic when they were just playing a card game.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Yugioh is suppised to be over-the-top XD though yeah, it's pretty dumb. But anyway, WTF on the Kodocha hate? I have a brother who's 11, and I can tell you he's easily on the maturity level of Kodocha's cast (In fact, it's his favortie show, besides Hare + Guu).[/COLOR]

Ohoho~ I love this thread.

First on my list:

[B]Kimi ga nozomu eien[/B] - Okay, maybe it wouldn't be the worst anime I have watched if I played the game before, or if I didn't watch the series so recently. But seeing as I think romance as rather pointless, the whole anime was pretty pointless. One of the reasons is because once Miss Suzumiya [spoiler]was a victim of a car crash and went into a coma, all of her friend's lives were screwed over.[/spoiler]. That main character guy got all depressed and didn't come to school, didn't graduate, etc, etc, and ended up getting stuck woking as a butler host guy at some cafe with two annoying girls. That Mitsuki girl on the other hand, obsessed with becoming a swimmer, also abandoned her dreams and became an assistant for a business. =/ Oh, and the fact that the characters waste the entire series by running around causing a bunch of drama that could've been avoided, (Ex. lololol I cheated on you because you're going out with the girl I purposely hooked up with you, and now I can't even do work properly because I'm so sad ='( !!)

Now in no particular order:

[B]One Piece[/B] - I've never really watched it much, but I don't like the animation. >_>

[B]Lain[/B] - If I didn't watch it when I was really little, maybe I wouldn't hate it. But a lot of concepts of that show made me go "wtf?", and it was pretty boring in general. I just liked the artwork.

[B]Inuyasha[/B] - Used to obsess over it. I admit, it was a pretty good anime in the US at the time, but now that I've seen a lot of other anime, it's not very good compared to them. Now, it just looks so corny and redundant. After all, I usually don't like shows that drag on to over 52 episodes, lol. I just don't have the patience to watch them.

[B]Naruto[/B] - Okay, maybe I don't think it's the worst anime, and the fight scenes are actually pretty cool. Same with some characters. But what I really don't like is the American fanbase (speaking stereotypically so no offense. There are always cool Narutards out there too =P). Also, I don't think the anime itself is worth it, with 50% of it being fillers, and 90% of the show being rather pointless stuff >_> Ive actually tried to force myself to like Naruto, but I just can't get into it. The only thing I like is the fighting =P

yea bobobo is like hell for my eyes but the one comic that i couldnt even finish reading for my first time ever was Cresent Moon! it wat the first comic that made me fall asleep! why cant we have more comics like Cantarella to be able to satisfy our needs?! it all sux when people who think they can create animes come out with such bad ideas? face it people if you make a comic please make it so that it pleases people and not put them to sleep...:animeknow

I know I'm gonna catch a lot of crap for this but, I really don't like FLCL. I don't want to destroy it, so I don't hate it, but it is the worst anime I've ever seen. At least Bobobo doesn't pretend to have a central plot. FLCL is just a bunch of comedy and action sequences spliced together with no understandable storyline. I JUST DON'T GET IT.
The original One Piece really is awesome because it has guns, not super-soakers.

[quote name='Inculta_Bellum']I JUST DON'T GET IT.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]That's basically all it comes down to. You really have to look at it carefully and with educated eyes to really get it (and by educated, I mean you know how to decifer a show's plot n some level beyond the surface). FLCL is a masterpiece, IMO, but I won't try to force it on you. [/COLOR]

Heh. I understand FLCL, but I don't care for it. That style of comedy doesn't appeal to me in the least. The best moments are the quiet, subtly emotional parts (and they [i]are[/i] very well done, I'll give it that).

Loved Gunbuster 2, on the other hand, although people have compared its tone to FLCL's. I can see where they come from, based on the first episode or so, but overall it's a huge mistake to think that the two are anything alike even on the level of direction style, beyond a few early moments.... and in that case I think the comparison only came up because FLCL is from the same studio.

Would I call FLCL bad? No; it's just not for me.

~Dagger~

[quote name='Dagger']Heh. I understand FLCL, but I don't care for it. That style of comedy doesn't appeal to me in the least. The best moments are the quiet, subtly emotional parts (and they [i]are[/i] very well done, I'll give it that).

Loved Gunbuster 2, on the other hand, although people have compared its tone to FLCL's. I can see where they come from, based on the first episode or so, but overall it's a huge mistake to think that the two are anything alike even on the level of direction style, beyond a few early moments.... and in that case I think the comparison only came up because FLCL is from the same studio.

Would I call FLCL bad? No; it's just not for me.

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]You also don't like Lain, though, so your trustworthines is put into question XD Seriously, though, I NEED to watch all of Gunbuster 2. I have only seen the first 2 eps (and yeah, I even made the OMG it's liek flcl comparison) but now I feel bad about having done so.

Oh, and Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo is genius. It's, like, the greatest show ever on principle alone. Just thought I'd toss that out there. But really, I'm trying not to be defensive, just saying.

Oh, and uh... I think Spiral shoud be added to my list f sucky *** anime. I've only had to put up with a few episodes but dear sweet Jesus I can't stand that ****. Most. Contrived. Situations. EVER. and the dialogue is godawful. [/COLOR]

[font="trebuchet ms"] Gunbuster 2 is probably one of the worthier anime, but for some reason didn't really catch on to the big crowds.

But as for the anime that annoys me the most right now, it's probably [i]Kodomo no Jikan[/i]. I tried to make myself view it as I would any other show, and it worked for a little bit, but looking back and rewatching several episodes, I cannot accept that show. I don't care how much character develop or serious problems are dealt by [i]Kodomo no Jikan[/i], it doesn't justify random pseudo cum shots that have nothing to do with the plot (aka fanservice). Fanservice is ok when you're dealing with teenage girls and above, not 3-year-olds. The more I think about it the more it annoys me.

And another popular one I really hated: [i]Loveless[/i]. Crappy, crappy dialogue, as far as the fansub translating went, although I doubt the real translation would've been better, irritating "emotional" scenes that were boring and painful to watch, most irritating female character I've seen in anime, etc. I didn't get past the first three episodes.[/font]

[COLOR="1234"][B]Gundam SEED [/B]- Even though I loved G Gundam, Gundam Wing and SD Gundam, this show made me want to bleed through my ears, eyes and penis. It was just horrible. Thank god the ending song was good, otherwise it wasn't worth it. The story didn't grab me, and honestly, it was boring.

[B]Trinity Blood[/B] - Blah blah blah Rosencrouts(sp?), blah blah blah Vatican, Blah blah blah whiny prest naging. It sucked hard balls. If you are a fan, don't get me wrong, it's animated nicely and the premise is good imo, but it's just not worth it. To me it was like a smoothie. It's looks good on teh advertisements plastered on the commercials, but once you get it, it's like "what the **** have I done?!"

[B]Tokyo Mew Mew[/B] - 4kids, why must you rape our young minds with badly edited and crappy anime? WHY??? This show is just annoying. So annoying Helen Keller can't even stand it! I'm suprised One Piece is even one piece anymore, 4kids didn't shatter it to **** like all the other shows, thank god. I can't say anymore, 4kids, do you not want us to know about Japan. So WHUDAFXUP?[/COLOR]

Oh another I hate-Inuyasha
Such a boring series. I used to obssess over it, but then it comes out to have like 300 bilion boring episodes (I really hate long series -_-;). Most of the episodes are Inuyasha and the girl screaming at each other and then the...Nak...Naku something villain demon guy [spoiler]is stealing their broken rocks.[/spoiler]

[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="1234"][B]Tokyo Mew Mew[/B] - 4kids, why must you rape our young minds with badly edited and crappy anime? WHY??? This show is just annoying. So annoying Helen Keller can't even stand it! I'm suprised One Piece is even one piece anymore, 4kids didn't shatter it to **** like all the other shows, thank god. I can't say anymore, 4kids, do you not want us to know about Japan. So WHUDAFXUP?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]I'll agree that SEED and Trinity **** are both lame shows, but dude.... Tokyo Mew Mew is shoujo. Yeah, it's bad enough that 4kids probably butchered it, but in the first place it's SHOUJO. As a teenage boy YOU AREN'T SUPPOSED TO WATCH IT. The show is meant for little girls, for crissakes!!!

And Lunox, some of us likes em young :p[/COLOR]

[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="1234"][B]Tokyo Mew Mew[/B] - 4kids, why must you rape our young minds with badly edited and crappy anime? WHY??? This show is just annoying. So annoying Helen Keller can't even stand it! I'm suprised One Piece is even one piece anymore, 4kids didn't shatter it to **** like all the other shows, thank god. I can't say anymore, 4kids, do you not want us to know about Japan. So WHUDAFXUP?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

They did horrifically maim OP. The reason it's still airing is because after they destroyed, shattered and violated it, they threw it away for not making them any money. After that, it was taken to [strike]rehab[/strike] FUNimation, and now it's better for the most part (Seriously, anyone who has a problem with One Piece because of the previous dub, do yourself a favor. Watch it one more time next chance you get. If you don't like it, I won't pursue it further.)

[quote name='Konata][b]Naruto[/b'] - Okay, maybe I don't think it's the worst anime, and the fight scenes are actually pretty cool. Same with some characters. But what I really don't like is the American fanbase (speaking stereotypically so no offense. There are always cool Narutards out there too =P). Also, I don't think the anime itself is worth it, with 50% of it being fillers, and 90% of the show being rather pointless stuff >_> Ive actually tried to force myself to like Naruto, but I just can't get into it. The only thing I like is the fighting =P[/quote]

Silly Konata. The reason we refer to them as "Narutards" is because those are the [U]uncool[/U] fans. We refer to the non-idiotic ones as "Blinded" (I kid the Naruto fans, of course. I can see the appeal.)

[FONT=Arial]Concerning Furi Kuri and Bo however-many-it-is: the reason these shows are amazing is that [I]they're not supposed to make any sense at all.[/I] I'd be willing to bet that all you people who hate them don't like Monty Python, either. :animesmil

I hate anything Dragonball, but only because I can't go for hours on end laughing at drawn-out inanity. I would hope that if our world actually had Z-fighters, they would also have some brains. The show is just depressingly hysterical.

Kind of like InuYasha, yeah. :p

[B]Edit:[/B] Oh yeah, and MÄR. A Naruto/Luffy/Goku-personality main character has this utterly pathetic pop-gun of a weapon that, [I]oh wait[/I], magically turns into the BFG 9001. (Which is over nine- thousand!!) This is supposedly due to his amazing imaginative capabilities, but I can't help but wonder why he wasted the first two forms of his ball-and-chain (literally) on a fist and a namby-pamby bubble gun if he could come up with a frikkin' Hyper Beam-shooting thirty-foot gargoyle upper body on a floating diamond.

(This also begs the question: why didn't he just make an entire gargoyle?)[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Concerning Furi Kuri and Bo however-many-it-is: the reason these shows are amazing is that [I]they're not supposed to make any sense at all.[/I] I'd be willing to bet that all you people who hate them don't like Monty Python, either. :animesmil[/FONT][/QUOTE]
On the contrary. Monty Python is pleasantly nonsensical, not shrilly random. ;)

~Dagger~

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Concerning Furi Kuri and Bo however-many-it-is: the reason these shows are amazing is that [I]they're not supposed to make any sense at all.[/I] I'd be willing to bet that all you people who hate them don't like Monty Python, either. :animesmil[/quote][/font]
[COLOR="Navy"]And you would be right, but then again, I've never really cared about most comical stuff. (lately) Never seen Monty Python, but seeing that I'm pretty stubborn when it comes to comedies, so there's a chance I won't give it a chance either. "shrugs"[/COLOR]

[quote][font=Arial]Oh yeah, and MÄR. A Naruto/Luffy/Goku-personality main character has this utterly pathetic pop-gun of a weapon that, [I]oh wait[/I], magically turns into the BFG 9001. (Which is over nine- thousand!!) This is supposedly due to his amazing imaginative capabilities, but I can't help but wonder why he wasted the first two forms of his ball-and-chain (literally) on a fist and a namby-pamby bubble gun if he could come up with a frikkin' Hyper Beam-shooting thirty-foot gargoyle upper body on a floating diamond.
[/FONT][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="Navy"]I also can't stand that show, but like most shows I normally stop watching around the 2nd - 3rd episode. Stories dealing with kids fantasy have never appealed to me, and to make matters worst, they got the VA for Shinji (NGE).. Who I can't stand at all.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Aceburner']They did horrifically maim OP. The reason it's still airing is because after they destroyed, shattered and violated it, they threw it away for not making them any money. After that, it was taken to rehab FUNimation, and now it's better for the most part (Seriously, anyone who has a problem with One Piece because of the previous dub, do yourself a favor. Watch it one more time next chance you get. If you don't like it, I won't pursue it further.)[/quote]
[COLOR="Navy"]Tried, and still didn't like it. I really don't see what's so "original" about it. Is it the artwork or something? Btw, that artwork is pretty ugly. But maybe it's just a preference thing for me. I'm not into the whole goofy look. [b]Edit[/b]: It's probably not as bad as I always make it out to be, it's just that I can't get into it. (Thought I'd clear that up a bit.)

I haven't been watching too much of anything lately to consider them bad animes. (Mainly because I avoid shows when I know I won't like them. With the main ones being everything you hear people talking about with some type of kiddy looking characters) There are some shows on demand that I've been thinking about checking out, but half the time I just don't bother with them since I've been mainly craving action (gunfights and sword fights... martial arts, blah blah)[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]Yeah, it's bad enough that 4kids probably butchered it, but in the first place it's SHOUJO. As a teenage boy YOU AREN'T SUPPOSED TO WATCH IT. The show is meant for little girls, for crissakes!!! [/QUOTE]I watch a lot of shoujo...It's a meaningless demographic . And Shoujo is for young girls through teen girls.

[quote name='Panache']I watch a lot of shoujo...It's a meaningless demographic . And Shoujo is for young girls through teen girls.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]So do I, but if you aren't in the aimed demographic, you shouldn't be whining. That's why I don't usually whine about how ****** Naruto is, I whine about how ****** people are for watching it. [/COLOR]

[quote name='Tombstone'][COLOR="Navy"]Tried, and still didn't like it. I really don't see what's so "original" about it. Is it the artwork or something? Btw, that artwork is pretty ugly. But maybe it's just a preference thing for me. I'm not into the whole goofy look.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Thank you, Tombstone. That's all I ask of you. About the appeal, it's more of an overall "feel" to the show. There's a unique charm it has that if you don't get it right away, it may just not be for you. I just want to reiterate that it is by no means "bad."

I seriously have to watch more Bo-bobo before I pass judgment, but what I've seen isn't too horrible. I also have yet to give FLCL a try.

[quote name='2008DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]So do I, but if you aren't in the aimed demographic, you shouldn't be whining. That's why I don't usually whine about how ****** Naruto is, I whine about how ****** people are for watching it. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]
You can whine about something sucking no matter what demographic it is aimed at. There is well made shoujo and poorly made shoujo. Anyone can see this not just girls in the demographic.

But you are right...he shouldn't be suprised the show sucked. It's called Tokyo Mew Mew...I mean seriously Tokyo Mew Mew?

[quote name='Allamorph']Concerning Furi Kuri and Bo however-many-it-is: the reason these shows are amazing is that [I]they're not supposed to make any sense at all.[/I] I'd be willing to bet that all you people who hate them don't like Monty Python, either.
[/QUOTE]

Well,I like Monty Python, I love FLCL, one of my favorite animes-but I still hate Bobo. Maybe its because FLCL has some "adult" humor, whereas...Bobobo is about fighting hair...
I don't see any attraction in a ****** with an afro fighting with his hair. Certainly doesn't make the show amazing. I guess its because Cartoon Network has to butcher everything so it appeals to little children.