OtakuBoards

Worst Anime

Saya Minatsuki

[quote name='Dagger']On the contrary. Monty Python is pleasantly nonsensical, not shrilly random. ;)[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]And I find that "We're Knights of the Round Table" and Arthur Lemming of the BDA are extremely random. :animesmil Yay semantics.

[quote name='Tombstone][COLOR="Navy"']and to make matters worst, they got the VA for Shinji (NGE)...[/COLOR][/quote]
Oh, THAT'S who that was. I thought he sounded familiar.

That actor worked for Shinji ? because, well, he was ... Shinji ? but no one else. And yes, he is incredibly grating, even more than Naruto's VA. (But not more than Pope Alessandro's. Ye gods.)

[QUOTE=ZachIsAPanda]Maybe its because FLCL has some "adult" humor, whereas...Bobobo is about fighting hair...
I don't see any attraction in a ****** with an afro fighting with his hair.[/QUOTE]
Oh, come on. Fist of the North Star? Fist of the [I]Nose Hair[/I]? It's hilarious once you get it.

I like it because it makes complete fun of what fighting anime feel like to me. It's like Stargate SG-1 episode 200. Just there to be stupid and have some o' the ole ultra-fun.

As a side note, the "Unfair World Tour Ultimate Attack", or whatever it was called, was absolutely great.

[I]"This is SO NOT FAAIIIIRRR!!"[/I] :p[/font]

[quote name='2008DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]I'll agree that SEED and Trinity **** are both lame shows, but dude.... Tokyo Mew Mew is shoujo. Yeah, it's bad enough that 4kids probably butchered it, but in the first place it's SHOUJO. As a teenage boy YOU AREN'T SUPPOSED TO WATCH IT. The show is meant for little girls, for crissakes!!!

And Lunox, some of us likes em young :p[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="1234"]I know it's shoujo, but that doesn't stop the fact that 4Kids ruined it! My ex-girlfreinds watched it so I tried it and I wanted to bleed from my ***, not because it was for girls, but because it was horrible.

[QUOTE]I don't see any attraction in a ****** with an afro fighting with his hair. Certainly doesn't make the show amazing. I guess its because Cartoon Network has to butcher everything so it appeals to little children.[/QUOTE]

People like you don't see the point. It has to be for children to some extent IT'S A CHILDREN'S NETWORK for the most part. And have you seen the Japanese version? Have you ever read the manga? That is definitly something kids can't watch, it's not good for their virgin ears, but it was good.

Sure the anime got a bit old after a while but Bobobo Bobo Bobo is funny all around.

YOU just don't get it. I feel hurt.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="1234"]I know it's shoujo, but that doesn't stop the fact that 4Kids ruined it! My ex-girlfreinds watched it so I tried it and I wanted to bleed from my ***, not because it was for girls, but because it was horrible[/COLOR].[/QUOTE]

What did 4kids do to it that it didn't do to itself?

[quote name='Panache']What did 4kids do to it that it didn't do to itself?[/QUOTE]

And now a verse from 4Kids' bible of stupid mistakes they make over and over.
-edit of content that is totally kid friendly, sometimes for sheer WTF factor.
-removal of even the slightest suggestive material (it would be fine. Animaniacs had a whole new layer of depth you didn't understand until you were 14 years old.)
-voice actors whose voice quality is somewhat akin to shoving splintery toothpicks in your ears and setting them on fire.
-horrific puns.
-and finally, forgetting that Japan, where they get many of their licenses, does, in fact, exist. I'd post a link to a classic example, but no amount of masochism can make you enjoy the 4Kids National Anthem.

Long story short, they do everything wrong. Pokemon was only good for as long as it was because it took them 2 seasons or so to realize how much they hate being reasonable.

[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="77656"]Well, that is so very true, but just the fact that 4kids worked on it, makes it an endless piece of **** that's crappiness will go on... FOREVER!!!!!!!111!!1[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Well they do do work on things for kids. Hence the name 4kids. And to be fair they do take shows that are aimed at kids in Japan. So really your being critical of something on the level of Power Rangers or Lazy Town.

@Ace Perhaps they were making it so that it was only viewable of kids because anyone over 8 would think this is **** immediately?

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]I've read some of the Toyo Mew Mew manga - it was my first manga. It was before I had even read Naruto and became a raving fan - a time when ALL I watched was pure action shows and I was like 12-13. I still liked Tokyo Mew mew. I bet if I read it now, I'd love it. There's nothing wrong with Tokyo Mew Mew, Panache. Have you ever even seen it?

For god's sake, stop bitching about 4kids! Just don't watch their shows, or better yet, go watch them in Japanese or something! There's no reason to complain, YES they are making it kiddy, because their aiming demographic is 7 year old kids and those kids shouldn't be watching bloodsoaked shows full of cuss words. Yes, the dubbing is bad, because they do it on purpose - little kids like characters who yell, it's appealing, EVERY little kid's show is full of yelling (sit down with CN on for an hour, you'll see what I mean).

And bobobo can be censored or uncensored it's still random FotNS parody. [/COLOR]

[quote name='2008DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"] little kids like characters who yell, it's appealing, EVERY little kid's show is full of yelling (sit down with CN on for an hour, you'll see what I mean).[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Please, DB, for my sake, never EVER mention the current state of CN again. Out of Jimmy's Head.

Crap. I just made myself throw up a little.

[quote name='Aceburner']Please, DB, for my sake, never EVER mention the current state of CN again. Out of Jimmy's Head.

Crap. I just made myself throw up a little.[/QUOTE]
CN is awesome now. It's got All kinds of badass cartoons. Most of them are american though...

[QUOTE]There's nothing wrong with Tokyo Mew Mew, Panache. Have you ever even seen it?[/QUOTE]Nope. I read the concept and figured it was for little kids. Which apparently is the target audience...

[quote name='Panache']CN is awesome now. It's got All kinds of badass cartoons. Most of them are american though...[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.animated-cartoons.net/images/CampLazlo_CFE9/camplazlo_thumb.jpg[/IMG]
Eh?

As opposed to...
[IMG]http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/12154000/ngbbs460443b2e8985.gif[/IMG]
Yeah, baby.

[quote name='Aceburner'][IMG]http://www.animated-cartoons.net/images/CampLazlo_CFE9/camplazlo_thumb.jpg[/IMG]
Eh?

As opposed to...
[IMG]http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/12154000/ngbbs460443b2e8985.gif[/IMG]
Yeah, baby.[/QUOTE]

The Boondocks
Futurama
Metalocalypse
Aqua Teen hunger Force
American Dad
Death Note
Astro Boy
Crayon shin chan

And a bunch more.

[quote name='Aceburner']That's [AS]. I mean their children's programming. Can you think of any of those you wouldn't have any moral qualms subjecting another human being to?[/QUOTE]
Well I mean it's for children. Most kids don't have very discriminating tastes. Hence the incredible popularity of the naruto franchise(Lets blow average out of proportion!)

When I was young my cartoon diet was Pokemon,Digimon,The Simpsons,Ninja Scroll, and Spawn. I still like all that stuff too. In the future the children will probably think the same way you do. "Man Naruto rise of the emperor dragon spider monkey robot is lame compared to Camp Lazlo!"

Oh yea and House of Imaginary friends ftw!

[QUOTE]Concerning Furi Kuri and Bo however-many-it-is: the reason these shows are amazing is that they're not supposed to make any sense at all. I'd be willing to bet that all you people who hate them don't like Monty Python, either. [/QUOTE]

I can't get my head around FLCL but I love Monty Python. Comparing Japanese to British television is just, weird. FLCL can teach you a valuable lesson, if a show is totally random, don't try to understand it. That's why I can tolerate Bobobo-Bobobobo. Tolerate. I just can't apply the lesson to the source material.

[quote name='ChokinChocobo23']Wooh, I would have to say that the worst anime I've seen so far would definitely have to be Lupin the III, that show is so stupid, and I believe that it is nearly impossible to get addicted or even watch the show for one episode. Its that bad and boring.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Well, I love it. So, like, theory disproven unless you were only tlaking about yourself. It's a timeless classic, really. [/COLOR]

[quote name='2008DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Well, I love it. So, like, theory disproven unless you were only tlaking about yourself. It's a timeless classic, really. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]That's besides the point DB. This is based on what the person viewing it thinks, whether or not you agree is irrelevant. :p

Now out of what I've seen so far, for me one of the most pointless and worst anime shows I've watched is one called Ikki Tousen. I found it at a fansub site and didn't realize what it was or I would have never bothered to watch it.

It's the worse case of fighting and attempting to have a story all in the name of pointless fanservice and other unsavory stuff in it. At first I didn't want to believe how poorly it was done and I actually gave it a chance, expecting it to eventually get better. That was a big mistake. After the first bit of episode six I pulled the plug and quit wasting my time watching it.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']That's besides the point DB. This is based on what the person viewing it thinks, whether or not you agree is irrelevant. :p
[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]You misread his post.

"and I believe that it is nearly impossible to get addicted or even watch the show for one episode"

that's why I said I was disproving him, unless he only meant himself.

And lol, yeah, Ikki Tousen is pretty bad from what I hear, though the chara designs are pretty hot, lol. [/COLOR]

[quote name='2008DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]And lol, yeah, Ikki Tousen is pretty bad from what I hear, though the chara designs are pretty hot, lol. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]Oh I don't know, I think one can be completely impressed with an anime from the first episode, it's just a question of whether or not the show will continue to impress you. As for Ikki Tousen... >_< bad doesn't even begin to cover it. Ugh.