OtakuBoards

Worst Anime

Saya Minatsuki

[quote name='Panache']
Crayon shin chan

And a bunch more.[/QUOTE]

=( IMO, I think they butchered Crayon Shin-chan. I mean, it's a good show on AS, but I'm not used to it at all >_> Seeing as I'm used to the Japanese version. The jokes, humor, etc.

[quote name='ChokinChocobo23']Wooh, I would have to say that the worst anime I've seen so far would definitely have to be Lupin the III, that show is so stupid, and I believe that it is nearly impossible to get addicted or even watch the show for one episode. Its that bad and boring.[/QUOTE]

Bad and boring? How so? Everything Lupin I have seen is pretty good(not just for it's time either).

[QUOTE]=( IMO, I think they butchered Crayon Shin-chan. I mean, it's a good show on AS, but I'm not used to it at all >_> Seeing as I'm used to the Japanese version. The jokes, humor, etc.[/QUOTE]So you don't like that dub? I though it was pretty good. The voices sounded good and the mouth movement and voice sync was good.

[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]I thought .hack//Legend of the Twilight was kind of stupid. At first it was pretty fun and hilarious, but then things just kept getting worse. I remember laughing really hard at the part where Shugo and Rena were yelling each-other's names over and over again. the worst part is that there was no ending. I prefer the manga version, though that one had it's flaws as well. [/COLOR]

I'd say [b]Origin[/b] (Gin-iro no Kami Agito) is the worst anime I've seen in a while, considering that I turned it off halfway through because it was actually giving me a headache. I knew going in that it wasn't going to be brilliantly written or anything, but I figured the GONZO-movie prettiness would make up for it. It was pretty, all right (bar the more-than-occasional bought of bad CG)... unfortunately, crappy writing and eye-roll-worthy environmentalist themes are a fatal combination for me.

~Dagger~

[quote name='Panache']Bad and boring? How so? Everything Lupin I have seen is pretty good(not just for it's time either).

So you don't like that dub? I though it was pretty good. The voices sounded good and the mouth movement and voice sync was good.[/QUOTE]

No, I absolutely love the dubbing itself, except for maybe one voice. I just don't like how they changed almost all of the verbal jokes and stuff. And I know it wouldn't really connect or appeal to American audience if it wasn't done, but for me, I just see the US Shin-chan as a whole different character from the Japan Shin-chan.

[quote name='Konata']No, I absolutely love the dubbing itself, except for maybe one voice. I just don't like how they changed almost all of the verbal jokes and stuff. And I know it wouldn't really connect or appeal to American audience if it wasn't done, but for me, I just see the US Shin-chan as a whole different character from the Japan Shin-chan.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]It's true, Shin-chan is a diferent show in every country it's dubbed into XD. To quote action bastard "Are these actual good translations for this show?!" [/COLOR]

[QUOTE]i hate astro boy, it may be classic or whatever and i don't know if it really is official anime, but it is so gay, i can't focus because it's so lame![/QUOTE]...I can't ****ing believe you said that...how can you...Wow ok I am gonna go ahead and assume you haven't been watching anime for a very short period of time and know nothing about it's creation.

(Yaoi=Gay)
(Yuri=Gay)
(Astro Boy=/=Gay)

[quote name='kakashi2011111']i only started watching anime when naruto aired on cartoon network, until then i never even knew what anime or manga was. so i'm pretty new to anime.:animeswea
i'm like an anime noob,sry.:animedepr[/QUOTE]
Ok...because you like pissed on an anime greats work...

It's fine if you don't like it but...any anime you are watching now owes it's existence to it.

[quote name='Panache']Ok...because you like pissed on an anime greats work...[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Easy there, man. Just 'cause he spoke his mind don't mean you gotta act like a royal snot about it. :animesmil

I don't care for it all that much, myself. I probably would have about a decade ago, but there's so little story to it that I can't see it as anything other than a Saturday morning cartoon. The animation isn't the point there, it's the material.

Worst? Of course not. It's not all that great, though. A classic at best.[/FONT]

Here?s my new list for poorly done anime and that would be [B]A Wind Named Amnesia.[/B] It?s hard to express how a film that could have done it right, ended up doing it so wrong. It was trite, with the barest hints of the overdone theme of the primitive need for sacrificial worship, religion, rape, pillage and greed. In a planet forever changed by people losing their memories, the meaning was dragged out and mutilated by poor script writing and very awkward pacing.

The story never truly focused well enough to deliver or go anywhere since you?d have robots suddenly bursting through the scene to ruin the mood by shooting at everyone. It?s like they couldn?t focus on the journey of discovery that the main character and the girl were on. It was like they keep throwing things in there to prove a point without bothering to explain why it was there. And the ending? I?m not even going to go there since it wasn?t an ending at all.

The scenery was beautifully done, but beyond that I was not impressed, even the music was deplorable since like the visuals and the story, it too was a mix of good and downright awful. The fight music outright clashed with how well the scenery flowed, making it jarring. It was fine to see once, and the best thing I can say about it is I?m glad I only rented it instead of actually purchasing it.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Here?s my new list for poorly done anime and that would be [B]A Wind Named Amnesia.[/B][/quote][COLOR=#503F86]Ahaha, I saw that one and I didn't like it either. Didn't help that I was ill at the time, but it was bad even before that.

Another pretty bad one I was given was [b]Detonator Orgun[/b]. It was just... I think it was an OVA but it was confusing, was all over the place in terms of its pacing and tried to fit far too much into a very short space of time, introducing a female character whom the lead fell in love with in the second episode, only for her to die a few minutes later and for that to serve as a driving piece for the rest of the plot.

I didn't like Crayon Shin-Chan, either. It's just not my thing, in many ways. [b]Shinzo[/b] was another, obscure one that aired on Fox Kids for a while at a weird time that felt like it was poorly executed, fairly cheap stuff.

I didn't like [b]Samurai 7[/b], but I wouldn't say it was a bad anime. It just didn't keep me interested, even after the second volume. Same with [b]Last Exile[/b].[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]Easy there, man. Just 'cause he spoke his mind don't mean you gotta act like a royal snot about it. [/QUOTE]
Yea he put it in a way that I couldn't just let it go. He could have at least explained why...he just said it's gay and lame...and questioned if it was official anime(whatever the **** that means). You show respect for Astro Boy not because it's some great opus but because it is one of the founding fathers of anime.

Anyway that doesn't matter beacuse me and him finished up that conversation already...

So back on topic.

Peacemaker Kurogane sucks. Every single character annoys the **** out of me. EVERY SINGLE ONE. Plus the story is lame. "I r gunna train den be da greatest fighter evar! and git meh vengence gaisnt de ebil samurai!!!" Generic plot...

[quote name='Panache']You show respect for Astro Boy not because it's some great opus but because it is one of the founding fathers of anime.[/quote][COLOR=#503f86]'Founding father' of anime or not, people are allowed to dislike it. To be honest it's never interested me- neither in the story or the animation style, because I'm not a great fan of older anime (apart from Nausicaa and Mysterious Cities of Gold). Likewise, I have never watched Akira, and I don't intend to. Even the original series of Transformers isn't particularly amazing to watch now, despite it's classic, near god-like status amongst nostalgic cartoon fans. People can get too carried away with stuff like that. But it's a moot point.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Panache']"I r gunna train den be da greatest fighter evar! and git meh vengence gaisnt de ebil samurai!!!" Generic plot...[/quote][COLOR=#503f86]Heh, sounds like Dragonball. Except the samurai part.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]^ Agreed. Really, people and their sensitivity over anime need to grow up, and get over it. It's really tiresome.

With that being said, and Solo bringing up Akira,

[b]Akira[/b] - It's not really the worst thing I've seen, but from what I saw, I don't care for it either. It's old for sure, but unfortunately, majority of these oldies just don't click with me especially because I like good animation. Not saying Akira's is bad, I just hate the character design.

[b]Gravitation[/b] - I admit, I had no idea what I was getting myself into because comcast don't give much of a good description, and I didn't have access to the computer to see what kind of anime it was. Fast-forwarding through the 1st episode, looking for some action, and I come across 2 dudes kissing... :animestun[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]'Founding father' of anime or not, people are allowed to dislike it.[/QUOTE] I am saying respect it not like it. Respect it because of what it did not because of what it is.

It's fine not to like it. Hell I am not a fan of the show. But goddamit don't piss all over it's name. Saying it's gay and lame and asking whether it's official anime or not and then stating no actual reasons why you dislike it is disrespectful. Period.

(Oh and he apologized so I think he realized that is was disrespectful as well.)

Wasn't there already a thread like this?
Excuse me, but I've been here since '03 and I go on a hiatus every once in a while.
Last time I was here, I saw a thread called ''Least favourite anime'' or something of the sort.

And shame on all you FLCL haters! Ha, jk.
And Lupin the Third actually used to be a forum-wide obsession back in '04 or something.
I had a huge obsession myself.

Let's see... Naruto. I can't get into it. And the hype keeps getting more and more. I find that the art/animation/aesthetics of it are great, but it really needs to... well, I just can't get into it.

Inuyasha used to be one of my loathings. I don't dislike it so much anymore, but I don't watch it.

[QUOTE](Astro Boy=/=Gay)[/QUOTE]

Huh? An extra equal sign and a forward slash?

Ah yes. You can't diss Dragonball (Although DBZ was more entertaining from an action perspective).
If it weren't for Dragonball, roughly half of us wouldn't be here.
I speak from personal experience and the vast amount of folks in the old DB/Z/GT forums. Good times.

Bobobo bo... bo... etc. is another of those I can't stand.
But I'm wondering... do they even show that anymore? On any US channels? Doesn't seem like they have for ages.

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='Tombstone'][COLOR="Blue"] Really, people and their sensitivity over anime need to grow up, and get over it. It's really tiresome.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]Exactly, I don't want to see anymore of this,[I] how dare you say that[/I] nonsense. This thread is about what [I]you[/I] think is the worst anime in [I]your[/I] opinion, [I]regardless[/I] of whether or not others agree. So lets lay off the pointless snipping please. From now on I'm going to start deleting posts along those lines. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='GoldScorpion78']Huh? An extra equal sign and a forward slash?[/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]He was trying to do this:

Astro Boy ≠ Gay

An equal sign with a slash through it means, "does not equal." But anyway....

I tend to know what I'll like and want I won't by reading about the anime beforehand but there have been a couple series I ended up dropping after only one episode. Those two would be Bubblegum Crises: Tokyo 2040 and Scryed. For both I was so bored through the entire first episode that I decided they weren't worth continuing.[/color]