OtakuBoards

Worst Anime

Saya Minatsuki

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][quote name='Mrs. Camui']Two words: Angel Sactuary[/quote]Why? Was the plot or story bad? Was the music poorly done? Was the voice acting grating? Was the animation really tacky or poorly done? What exactly about this show was bad? All you've done is tell us the name, which isn't much of anything really. =P[/COLOR][/FONT]

The worst Anime I have ever seen was called Buzzer Beater. It seemed like it could have been good story wise, but that would've not been enough to make up for the poor character design, very crappy music, and the overall vibe it gave. Maybe it was just my mood going into it, but I just did not like it.

• 2 months later...
[quote name='Rick Hunter']1.)[B]Naruto[/B]: Fan boys are going to lynch me over this one, but the show started out pretty good, had a ton of promise. Then the fillers began....and ran for nearly 2 1/2 years in Japan...To make matters worse the story never goes anywhere half the time. They build up to really big events...and take forever to actually do anything....Literally there were five or so episodes of the main characters running through a forest trying to get to a major battle...that's just...bad...it took at least 15 episodes later before the important stuff happened.
To be honest Naruto=DBZ clone....but even DBZ knew you could drag out the "only 5 mins till the planet explodes jank writing, for 15 episodes. Naruto takes that gimmick and drags it on for years....Shippuden is getting worse if anyone has been reading the manga.[/QUOTE][quote name='dizzyNatsume']im going to agree with that comment even though im a naruto fan o.0, i hated how they talked and talked and talked in a battle, explaining everything over and over again o.o. I hated the fillers, i just skipped them and went straight on to shippuuden :o[/QUOTE]
Ditto.
[quote name='skllngtn']Big 0
sorry if you like them but im just sharing an opinion.[/QUOTE]The only worthwhile concept I saw in Big 0 were the androids whose names start with the intial R. I decided to call them R-Humans as a race which led me to call them Romans. Aside from that, the show was just bleh.
[quote name='SunfallE']
Oh and [B]Dead Leaves[/B] is just undeniable horrible.[/QUOTE]Up until seeing this, I was partially looking forward to seeing it... thank you for saving me the trouble.

[quote name='Fabricate'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I hate [B]Speed Racer[/B] with the white hot intensity of a million suns.

Every time I see the Speed Racer Next Generation which they are giving in Nicktoon Network I start twitching madly and fall into a foaming mouth, muscle spasm and eye twitching seizure. I don't know if it counts as an anime. It showed count as a tumor device. If we need to cut down on human numbers in the next couple of years for economy and ecological purposes just re-run Speed Racer on every channel six hours a day and that will cut our numbers in half. If they don't die from seizure, boredom or suicide attempts then they will when trying to reenact some of the car stunts Speed does in the show. The would be special Speed Racer Insurance which protects the owner and the car if they die in the hands of a fool who try to jump over the persons car by pressing a button to activate their home made wheel spring and the button gets stuck or the device doesn't work resulting in the car crashing straight through the other car at 70 mph. Of course the Speed Racer Insurance will cover other Speed Racer reenactment accidents.

Speed is a murderer. He makes people fall off cliffs and make there car get off track with all his little gadgets. He should be arrest other then giving a trophy. He seriously is the old generation's Jigsaw from the SAW movie series. I just hate how he jumps out of the car and gives everyone a thumps up. The voice acting was horrible even if measured in old time dubbing standards. I can't believe they made it into a movie![/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]I think I recognize this. Your whole post matches the overfilled dialogue of Speed Racer whose American animators were too lazy to re-synch the mouth movements and just had their actors shove as many words as possible into one sentence. Die Speed Racer!

[quote name='Miss Anonymous'][i].hack//Legend of the Twilight[/i]. Now, the manga is adorable and a nice addition to the .hack universe, but the anime is an eyesore. It goes off on this wtf plotline with two of the most annoying protagonists ever, AKA Shugo and Rena. If you [b]weren't[/b] annoyed in [i]Fushigi Yuugi[/i] and [i]InuYasha[/i] with the name-yelling syndrome, then you'll feel right at home with LotT. Also, please note Shugo and Rena are brother and sister, and they [b]really[/b] love each other if you know what I mean.[/QUOTE]Ahh, Rena. Shugo, my boy, I've known your heartache... let it go! I know it's hard since she's got BlackRose's hot body though. But hey, at least Rena feels the same way. Let creeps be creeps, we'll just keep to ourselves.

I hate it when SHows have either a charatcter voice change over or a artist change over. EVen if(speaking of one american cartoon episode) they aren't on their own show and have a cameo on another such as when Mystery Inc. Was one an episode of Jonnny Bravo. Or when I guess the second season of One Piece. Where the hell did they get those voice actors, I'm used to having the same five familiar voice actors that have been doin American Dubs on every imported anime since 1988.

Gosh, there's two anime I hate and of course I never do mean disrespect, it's only my opinion, but I hate Bo-bo-bo that anime just hurts my brain watching it. Then there is, and this one some may not like me seeing (I think), but I can't stand Serial Experiments Lain, I'm sorry I just don't get it and it kind of weirds me out.:animedepr

Samurai jack... not really an anime... but they tried way too hard and ended up with a plot thats so bland it makes me want to read a book.

SD Gundam... HAAHAahahahahHAHAahahahahAah... Where did my mind go?

Fist of the North Star... Now I am all for beefy guys whose muscles rip their shirts every friggen battle... oh wait... I'm not. oh and i totally buy the perfectly excepted fact that there are pressure points on the human body that trigger a disgusting self destruct sequence... oh wait... that makes no since either... well at least the characters are good.. hahaha no. its as if they just took a cookie cutter for every single one of them.

[quote name='desertphoenix']Kind of wondering about all the [I]Bobobo-Bobo-bobo[/I] hate. The nonsense extreme randomness kind of grew on me and I like the fact that it is making fun of the show [I]Fist of the North Star[/I](which I guess is supposed to be the idea for the classic bad anime). Speaking of which, I don't exactly hate the show [I]Fist of the North Star[/I] , but I can't really get past the theme " I poke you, now you go boom" deal.[/quote]

When my brother first showed my Bobobo my response was pretty negative, like what the freak kinda show is? but the more i watched it, the more i got into it. It IS really hard to follow, but it has some really hilarious moments. Bobobo isnt an anime with a deep plot, it's a comic relief kind of anime, and you really cant compare it to anything else. It's one of a kind.

[SIZE="1"][B]FLCL[/B], Lord knows I must be just allergic to anything produced by Gainax that isn't Gurren Lagann but after two episodes of nonsensical plot and moronic characters, as well as an art style I didn't particularly care for I just couldn't go on watching this.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][CENTER][IMG]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff69/Remedy10/joker-clap.gif[/IMG][/CENTER][/QUOTE]
I think that sums things up nicely...

Anyway... I really need to start doing research before jumping into a series... (I'm slipping off.) I tried to watch [b]Queen's Blade[/b], but I couldn't even make it through the first 10 minutes with all the fanservice that's thrown in your face from the start. And here I thought Ikki Tousen was bad... This is far worst than that.

Well, I barely finish series that I do like, so I've never actually finished a series that I didn't like. And then I usually try to erase the memory from my mind.

The standouts, though, are [B]Kure-nai[/B] and [B]Naruto[/B].
Kure-nai was mostly a case of "not my thing"; I got 3 episodes in, and all through all 3 of them I couldn't stop thinking "I'm bored, this is boring, where is this going, I'm bored, I want to watch something else." I know a lot of people do like it, and nothing against them, I just found the series to be really really boring.
Naruto... Oh boy. I used to enjoy it. I still own 13 volumes of the manga. I still like some of the characters. But where did the plot go? What happened to everyone who isn't Naruto, Sasuke, Gaara, or Itachi? I stopped following the series sometime during the Chuunin exam arc, but have friends who follow it and keep me up-to-date. It really sounds like Kishimoto is running out of ideas and is just writing stuff because his editors won't let him stop. Although, I think he did promise that he wouldn't end the series until Naruto became hokage, which probably wasn't a smart move. I also don't really like how he periodically builds up one of the recurring villains, but never does anything with the character- to the point where it seems like the character only exists to be a backup villain, in case Kishimoto can't think of anything.

[quote name='Gavin'][center][IMG]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff69/Remedy10/joker-clap.gif[/IMG][/center][/quote]
haters gonna hate... HA! HA! HA! what a perfect gif, mad props gavin.

but seriously... why rage over animes you dont like... 100% of the time someone else likes that same anime. any reason you have for disliking something is countered by the fact that its an enjoyable thing to watch... maybe not by you, but someone liked it.

[quote name='CaNz']haters gonna hate... HA! HA! HA! what a perfect gif, mad props gavin.

but seriously... why rage over animes you dont like... 100% of the time someone else likes that same anime. any reason you have for disliking something is countered by the fact that its an enjoyable thing to watch... maybe not by you, but someone liked it.[/QUOTE]
Believe it or not most of the folk here a mature enough to handle a topic like this. No one really takes this topic seriously (at least not anymore... heh), and at the same time everyone knows that it's just opinions. No ones trying to persuade anyone or change their views. Besides.. it gives people something to vent about. (It can get boring talking about how great every show is... Best _____ threads lead to fanboys/girls and annoying _____ ROXORS comments.. So, yeah. "shrugs")

• 4 weeks later...
It's an especially fantastic place for aspiring writers as myself to lounge about and soak up the interests and hang-ups of potential fanbase. I know for a fact that one of my favorite projects is rife with cliche and action fan-service. I pretty much wanted to take aspects from BLEACH, Witch Hunter Robin, Ghost in the Machine, and combine them with the all-too-familiar concept of elementally powered youngsters. I've already been raled on by several college students whom are actually supposedly my friends. All of the characters have potential to become omni-telekinetic, their restrictions being their personalities. I try my best to develop every character because each one is modeled after an aspect of my own personality.
My second project is mostly intended to be a PlayStation game modeled after Kingdom Hearts. I loved the Organization and wanted to expand on that and create more characters. It takes ideas from BLEACH, Naruto, and Kingdom Hearts. Pretty much, the only thing that keeps me working on it is the fact that I've got a killer artist drawing up character sketches that I absolutely adore and I can't not make something to allow these characters to move around in and express their personalities.

I like to find the humor in everything, and i just caught a wiff of irony when i saw the numerous pages of anime induced rage on a ste that i think brings people together mostly from interest in animations.

however, Its not like i want it to stop.. almost everything people say I am usually in agreement with, and it is quite fun to rage once and a while. so let it all out.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff69/Remedy10/joker-clap.gif[/IMG][/CENTER]

Or, to quote Christain Bale...

[center][quote][b][i][SIZE="4"][FONT="Arial Black"]"OH, GOOD FOR YOU!"[/FONT][/SIZE][/i][/b][/quote][/center]

Has Naruto been mentioned yet? That anime bites, blows, stinks and sucks all at the same time.

[quote name='CaNz']I like to find the humor in everything, and i just caught a wiff of irony when i saw the numerous pages of anime induced rage on a ste that i think brings people together mostly from interest in animations.

however, Its not like i want it to stop.. almost everything people say I am usually in agreement with, and it is quite fun to rage once and a while. so let it all out.[/quote]
[SIZE=1]
People are going to have different tastes CaNz, any anime which was considered fantastic and ground-breaking for it's time may not hold up well several years later when a new audience watches it. As Magus said already OB has a mature enough member-base that when threads like this are created where you can give examples of anime you didn't like along with an explanation why, it doesn't lead to a flame-fest.

I would also say that OB has moved on somewhat from when it was a forum dedicated to anime discussion to a wider variety of topics, although still we strive to enable people to discuss all aspects of a topic, and in terms of animes that means both what people like and dislike.[/SIZE]

[quote name='KojiroJames2K9']Has Naruto been mentioned yet? That anime bites, blows, stinks and sucks all at the same time.[/quote]
[SIZE=1]
Kojiro the entire point of this thread is to allow people to discuss [B]why[/B] they dislike a particular anime. If you believe Naruto is a bad anime you need to include an explanation of why you think this is so.
[/SIZE]

[quote name='KojiroJames2K9']Ah, Gavin, two words sum it up for the hatred of Naruto amongst those in the anime world:

[B][I]Believe It![/I][/B]

As for their fans cosplaying as characters, they are known as Narutards for a reason.[/quote]

[SIZE=1]While Naruto's dubbed catchphrase may be overused to the point of vexation, I find it hard to believe you could write off the anime to the degree to say it "bites, blows, stinks and sucks all at the same time" just because of the catchphrase. Perhaps you should try watching the subbed version ? I find it much more tolerable, although I prefer the manga for the lack of filler.

As for cosplayers, I can't really see how they could affect your opinion of an anime to any real degree, as opposed to affecting your opinion of the fans of said anime.[/SIZE]

• 6 months later...
[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]Let's avoid going into lists, guys. =/ They're spammy and don't contribute to the conversation. Instead, list the name and make a short explanation as to why you dislike them.[/SIZE][/FONT]

• 1 month later...
i think for me the worst anime i've watched in my life would be giant robo, utter piece of crap. i mean c'mon a giant mech that can only punch??? and it cries too >_> even tho its supposedly the strongest mech it really sucks, i mean even a gundam will pawn it easy and with no effort at all