OtakuBoards

Hentai and Bigger Stuff!

Raiha

[QUOTE=James][color=olive]Deb pretty much said it all.

Banner sizes are probably due for an increase of some kind - the limits we have now come from ages ago when just about everyone was tired of the massive signatures people used to use. Does anyone remember those? Some people had signatures with half a dozen banners, each of which was like 500x500 pixels, lol.

Still, we can increase the size limit without allowing signatures that are too annoying.

As for avatars...I would like to incorporate larger avatars on the new site, but I would feel bad for all the people who contributed to our current library. Perhaps we can just open up a thread before the launch so that members can start a brand new library or something. :catgirl:

The new site will have a bigger resolution but most of that extra space will be dedicated to new content panels that will sit on the right of the forums. There won't be a left navigation menu on the new site though. I'm not sure how wide the new forum width actually is, I'll have to check. I do think it's a little wider than what we have now though.[/color][/QUOTE]
[size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]it's 645 pixels.[/font][/color][/size]

[QUOTE=The Kuja][size=3][font=century gothic][color=crimson]There's also the option of resizing the avatars. Quite a mammoth task, I know. But if you had a team working on that, it might work. ^_^

That is, of course, if the avatar increase isn't big enough that the avatars pixellate when blown up. My, that would be quite horrid. ;)

[/size][/font][/color][/QUOTE]

[color=olive]I wouldn't upsize avatars anyway. Upsizing any raster image reduces its quality significantly. When we were asking people to make avatars for OB one of the most important elements was sharpness/quality.

So if we make avatars that are bigger than we have now...they would unfortunately have to be made from scratch. That's the dilemma we face. :animedepr

And there you go, Alan's just given everyone the width for the new forums. So that'll give you an idea of the space we have to work with.[/color]

[quote name='The Blue Jihad']Include the artwork being discussed, which is nowhere near as meaningless or incidental as you make it out to be.[/quote][color=#4B0082]Hmm, I suppose you're right. I mean, all the threads about clean anime do have lots of screen shots posted all through them to illustrate the discussions. . . . Oh wait, no they don't.[/color]

[COLOR=goldenrod][QUOTE=James][color=olive]So if we make avatars that are bigger than we have now...they would unfortunately have to be made from scratch. That's the dilemma we face. :animedepr

And there you go, Alan's just given everyone the width for the new forums. So that'll give you an idea of the space we have to work with.[/color][/QUOTE]Well I don't know about the rest of those who have contributed to the avatars, but I know I wouldn't mind redoing the ones that I made. ^_~ And ironically I've been rescanning a number of my art books for higher quality resolutions so I could probably make them better than the original ones in there now.

As for the banner size, I know I wouldn't mind a little more, oh like 600 by 120 or something like that, enough to play around a little more and yet still not too big. [/COLOR]

Guest The Blue Jihad
[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4b0082']Hmm, I suppose you're right. I mean, all the threads about clean anime do have lots of screen shots posted all through them to illustrate the discussions. . . . Oh wait, no they don't.[/color][/quote] That's because generally they're retards who post under inherently flawed rules that aren't enforced properly.

A hentai forum would be the opportunity to change all that, Des.

Oh, and you're still treating this thing like it'd be a simple little off-shoot of the lame Anime Lounge discussions. A hentai forum would function more like a combination of Anime Lounge and the Art Studio. And in Art Studio, people get brutally slaughtered if they don't post the art work to go along with a discussion. For example, you don't see someone saying "Hey, I made this picture of a duck but I can't show it; let's talk about it."

[quote]in Art Studio, people get brutally slaughtered if they don't post the art work to go along with a discussion. For example, you don't see someone saying "Hey, I made this picture of a duck but I can't show it; let's talk about it."
[/quote]

[color=olive]That's because it's an artwork forum, lol.

Comparing material that is often of an explicit sexual nature to someone showing a picture of a duck is probably the best comparison you could make in terms of shooting down the whole argument in favor of the hentai forum, lol.

I know that the whole debate is essentially a mock one, but still, I felt it was worth pointing that out just to further confirm to anyone who isn't part of this that we will in fact not be introducing Hentai on OB.
[/color]