OtakuBoards

Why are women so confusing?

PieFlavoredPie

[quote name='Charles']Maybe she feels that you're "safe" though and that's why she wants to be around you. You have to make a move of some sort here to establish where you stand.[/quote]

I'll give you this. I'm pretty shy around girls, so i can see how you'd get that.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Copycatalyst
So this thread is going nowhere and people already said what they've said and the people who are posting now are just repeating what's already been said and what I said completely still stands and hasn't been touched because it's untouchable. So can we close this thread now, please, or actually talk about what I said on page one. Otherwise this thread merits closing. I'm sorry to sound like a mod rod all erect and things, but yeah. I thought OB was all about quality and all about--you know, actual discussion, not making fun of genders for the sake of one gender being laughing and the other one feeling like it's being slapped and abused.

[quote name='PieFlavoredPie']I'll give you this. I'm pretty shy around girls, so i can see how you'd get that.[/quote]

You can use that to your advantage though. Just casually ask her if she's interested in dating anyone. Her answer might give you an opening or enough information to know to back off.

You could also say that you know a great guy for her and jokingly gesture to yourself or something. You can make it playful so that you don't have to feel so awkward.

If you do ask her out and she refuses it will probably be a little uncomfortable at first, but at least you'll know where you stand in the whole situation.

[QUOTE=Charles]You can use that to your advantage though. Just casually ask her if she's interested in dating anyone. Her answer might give you an opening or enough information to know to back off.

You could also say that you know a great guy for her and jokingly gesture to yourself or something. You can make it playful so that you don't have to feel so awkward.

If you do ask her out and she refuses it will probably be a little uncomfortable at first, but at least you'll know where you stand in the whole situation.[/QUOTE]

I know she is. She makes several comments on myspace bulletins and the like about how she's alone and wants a boyfriend and blah blah blah.

The second thing just sounds overly egotistical to me, and i don't really have much of an ego.

And yeah, that's pretty much true.

[color=deeppink]Don't let these guys scare you; the "friend zone" is not intolerable. I speak from years of experience which gives me a (possibly unrivaled) familiarity with it.

I'm not saying give up and settle in, I'm just saying it's not a terrible alternative.[/color]

[quote name='Copycatalyst']I thought OB was all about quality and all about--you know, actual discussion, not making fun of genders for the sake of one gender being laughing and the other one feeling like it's being slapped and abused.[/quote][size=1]lol you big girl :p

But seriously, I agree with Charlescat. You got to make some sort of move before she forms too much of an impression in her mind of who you are. It'll make wherever you go after that much easier in almost every sense.[/size]

[QUOTE=PieFlavoredPie]I know she is. She makes several comments on myspace bulletins and the like about how she's alone and wants a boyfriend and blah blah blah.

The second thing just sounds overly egotistical to me, and i don't really have much of an ego.

And yeah, that's pretty much true.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but bulletins aside, it's just an opening to show that you're interested. If you haven't been hanging out for too long then don't worry too much yet, but if you hand out for an extended period of time and nothing comes of it, and you feel like you're just one of the girls to her, be prepared to make your interest known in some way.

If you're young enough, you could do that whole thing through third parties too, like have a friend tell her that you like her. If you're too old that might just come off as weird instead of cute though.

And Nerdsy--I'm not saying that the "friend zone" is bad, but if he has a romantic interest in her, then it most certainly is. The longer you are in the friend zone, the harder it will be to escape.

Guest Copycatalyst
[QUOTE=AJeh][size=1]lol you big girl :p

But seriously, I agree with Charlescat. You got to make some sort of move before she forms too much of an impression in her mind of who you are. It'll make wherever you go after that much easier in almost every sense.[/size][/QUOTE]

Yeah and you're a big hermaphrodite who can self-inseminate. Wanna fight about it?

What I said still stands and no one is listening, still. So whatever. You're all womanizers.

[QUOTE=Charles]Yeah, but bulletins aside, it's just an opening to show that you're interested. If you haven't been hanging out for too long then don't worry too much yet, but if you hand out for an extended period of time and nothing comes of it, and you feel like you're just one of the girls to her, be prepared to make your interest known in some way.

If you're young enough, you could do that whole thing through third parties too, like have a friend tell her that you like her. If you're too old that might just come off as weird instead of cute though.

And Nerdsy--I'm not saying that the "friend zone" is bad, but if he has a romantic interest in her, then it most certainly is. The longer you are in the friend zone, the harder it will be to escape.[/QUOTE]

I understand that, and now i'm planning on what to do next. I've known her for a bit more than a year, and the most i've seen her outside school was her walking somewhere and seeing her at the DMV beforehand. The most i've hung out with her was five hours.

I'm 17, i don't think that'd work too well.

And being in the friend zone for a day is the romantic equivalent of alcatraz.

[QUOTE=Charles]
but if he has a romantic interest in her, then it most certainly is. [/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Yeah, I'm saying it's not. I've existed in this zone for, like, ever, and while it's a nice kick in the crotch for the a while, once you settle in it's not so bad. The way I see it, at least there's still the friendship, even if one doesn't get exactly what they want.

But yeah, Pie, you should [i]definately[/i] make a move of some sort if you want a romantic relationship with this girl. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.[/color]

[quote name='PieFlavoredPie']And being in the friend zone for a day is the romantic equivalent of alcatraz.[/quote]

Well, not really. Sometimes having a friendship as the basis for the relationship is a good foundation to work with. There's a difference between knowing someone in school and outside of school. Hanging out with her for a few times will allow you to see if you can tolerate her or not. Maybe in your own mind you have an expectation of her that doesn't match the reality.

Also, take note of how touchy/feely she gets with you. Look for signs of flirtation so that you know where you stand.

I will say this though--pay close attention to her character too. I'm not so sure that forming a romantic relationship with someone who is just so desperate for a boyfriend at all costs will be very satisfying for you. You probably won't be happy if you're there to massage her ego or satisfy whatever self esteem issues she might have.

And Nerdsy, I'm really not disagreeing with you here. But, at the same time, I don't think he wants to be in a situation where he's going to be taken advantage of or led on.

[SIZE=1][FONT=Georgia]Everyone is confusing one way or another...

Just be careful... people do have backup "boyfriends"
You know just in case they can't get what they want.. they will move on. But feelings can linger. So like I said be careful!

Maybe she's just a little confused. Ever try having a conversation with her about it?[/FONT][/SIZE]

It's true. Women are confusing because people are confusing. You spend five minutes of your life around me and I guarantee you what little brain you have left by the end of the session will have totally desintigrated within a week. And you definitely won't like me as much as you like said girl.

By the way, Sara: Nice going on defending them pie-people, but... I'm more of a dutch apple kinda guy. How do you tell if they like you? (Actually, how do you tell a pie-person's gender?)

[quote name='Copycatalyst']Women are confusing because half the time they're neurotic erotic little barbie dolls of plasticine. Men are confusing because half the time they're robotic erotic little blow-up dolls of polyethylene. A woman was made, naturalistically, to confuse you, and you were built naturalistically to be the confuser of her. Most men and women let their genes and their natural instincts completely control their relationship. It's never anything more than just what it was for a man going out to hunt for the woman and the woman staying with the baby. Except now sometimes the man is staying with the baby. Or the baby is in a day care and the mom and dad are both out hunting for paper confetti slips. Women are confusing because they appeal to a lack of reason and rationality in most of their decisions; and merely rely on the guilesomeness of the physical bounties they've been given in order to seduce. It's really just an egocentric fashioning of their own inability to go beyond emotion and beyond being a little doll to provoke the statuemen. Homosexuals are hated in our society because they're outside the gender stereotyping and the various socio-naturalistic instincts that come into play when a man and a woman fall in love. It reminds me of Neo, always, and how he chose the door to go to trinity rather than right to the source. That's it right there. The type of love we have is only "homonuclear diatomic," which means it's only usually between two people--we reserve all our love for only one person then say we're good this and that when love is really universal and someone like me gives it to every single person he walks by, usually never to receive it on the other hand because people are schismatic fools. The type of love we still have, that of a man between a woman, or of one person to another, is only separating us even more. The fact that we say we are families and they're all different and not of the human family, again, is only separating us more. This is what Jesus was talking of, and what any knowing person has been talking of. It's what Lennon meant in his "Imagine" song--for the world to let go of its illusions and truly become in harmony. We let ourselves have faction-fraction harmony which endlessly separates us. I wonder when we'll finally quit being fools? Probably when the last man on Earth fades away in a wash of blood and has the thought, as his mind is rushing, and the realization--that we are all human beings and we should all love the same amounts, not in reserve to a few for the sake of most not getting that all of our love.[/quote]
[COLOR=DarkOrchid]
[SIZE=1]I completely agree. People specify & define too much; they don't bother to even try looking at the Big Picture. They're too busy squabbling about the little things that really only ever hurt. It's a maddening world.

As for the poster of this thread, the only advice I will give is this: You'll never know until you try.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1] well, that's like asking "what's the purpose of life?"

1. there are so many different interpretations [reasons why they hate you, or give you the "we're just friends, you know that right?" thing]

2. and those different interpretations vary from person to person [maybe your not her type, etc.][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Felix Santiago][SIZE=1] well, that's like asking "what's the purpose of life?"

1. there are so many different interpretations [reasons why they hate you, or give you the "we're just friends, you know that right?" thing]

2. and those different interpretations vary from person to person [maybe your not her type, etc.][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

The meaning of life is 42. Haven't you ever read Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

[quote name='PieFlavoredPie']The meaning of life is 42. Haven't you ever read Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?[/quote]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Interestingly, this was the 42nd post in this thread. good timing.

Anyway, for the most part I'm on the side of everything M said. i honestly haevn't read the whole thread, just the last page, but Pie here seems like the kind of person who asks for advoce and then sits there and gives excses as to why none of it will work simply because he's afraid to try. I won't waste my time giving a thorough assessment if you aren't going to listen.[/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange']I won't waste my time giving a thorough assessment if you aren't going to listen.[/COLOR][/quote]
[size=1]You just admitted that you hadn't bothered to read the thread, and are making broad assumptions about PieFlavoredPie. Exactly what public service would your assessment provide?

-Shy[/size]

[QUOTE=Shy][size=1]You just admitted that you hadn't bothered to read the thread, and are making broad assumptions about PieFlavoredPie. Exactly what public service would your assessment provide?

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Okay, so in actuality, i just don't know any advice on the situation, but was scared to admit it. [/COLOR]

Guest Copycatalyst
[QUOTE=Shy][size=1]You just admitted that you hadn't bothered to read the thread, and are making broad assumptions about PieFlavoredPie. Exactly what public service would your assessment provide?

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

You were just mean to a fellow OB member for no reason whatsoever. You know, some people don't have time to read a zit-infested thread. Exactly what mod service assessment are you providing to fellow, kind members of OB? :p

We all know the thread was over when I posted. So let's end it already.

[quote name='PieFlavoredPie']The meaning of life is 42. Haven't you ever read Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?[/quote]

[color=deeppink]Agreed. It's the question we really need to work out.

EDTI: Wait, on second thought, it's not really the meaning, is it? It's just the answer to the question of life, the universe, and everything, not the meaning behind it...

If anything, the meaning is would be "Sorry for the inconvenience."[/color]

[size=1]Ha, I've actually always thought the men were the confusing ones. Ever had a guy say he's going to be there, and then he didn't show up? OH MAN! It's like, I didn't know where I was.

Confusing.

No. Just all the boys I know are little girls. And I'm really simple, I don't play mind games like a lot of girls I know. Hmm. Maybe I should permanently turn into Pistachio and show these little girl-boys how to be real men.

This is why I get the ladies. :whoops: [/size]

:animedepr

[I][COLOR=Magenta]I believe women ARE confusing. O.o

A large portion of todays female generation want things. They don't give a dxmn about how they get it. They want it. They will do evil things to get it, if whining dosen't work. And if they don't get what they want, they sink into depression, EXPECTiNG others to feel sorry for them and pick their a's's'e's up off the floor, or they throw evil, spurned-ex-soap-opera-wife fits.

>.> They expect men to simply figure it all out (poor bxstxrds... :( )

The above (more-than-likely-to-be-biased), is based on observations I make daily in school. Studying the behavior of the dreaded shiny girl.[/COLOR][/I]