OtakuBoards

What is OB?

Guest Copycatalyst

[quote name='James'][color=#606060]The fact that you can be the biggest jerk under the sun and still be allowed to return if you behave yourself is probably testament to the fact that the site is a lot more open than it may first appear.[/color][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial]Well, he did [I]kind of[/I] write decently, by which I mean it wasn't blatant outright n00bspam. (Pardon the expression.)

I think it's time we moved on, though. I mean, yippee-skippee that he's gone, and all, but at the same time, we're derailing this thread rather badly, don'tcha think? He'd be quite proud, in my opinion. Time to let sleeping dogs die.

OtakuBoards for me is a haven of sanity; someplace to listen to other people who actually use their heads ... whether they think they do or not. :p

(I swear, the biggest jerks sometimes aren't the stupid people who think they're smart, but the smart ones who think they're stupid. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot, no?)

I generally hang around in the Square or the Anthology, though, Language Artist that I am. :p I love seeing how stories develop, and also being (or trying to, anyway) a part of the process. I keep telling myself that I'll get around to reading [COLOR=Blue]Silver One[/COLOR] one of these days....

I think this has been mentioned before by someone else, but I find it sad that the only threads in the Anthology that get feedback are generally the site fanfics by strong writers, while the stuff by aspiring authors goes generally ignored. They're the ones that need the criticism the most, and like as not they just fly right under the radar, for whatever reason.

Just saying.[/FONT]

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE]I think this has been mentioned before by someone else, but I find it sad that the only threads in the Anthology that get feedback are generally the site fanfics by strong writers, while the stuff by aspiring authors goes generally ignored. They're the ones that need the criticism the most, and like as not they just fly right under the radar, for whatever reason.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I noticed that too, actually(*ahem* one of those aspiring writers *ahem*). Not that I think very highly of my writing, usually (but then again, I wouldn't bother to post it here if I didn't think it would benifit from some critisism) The last time I was here I posted part of a story (not very good, even for me), and I believe I got all of one or two replies. That in part was what put me off the site for a while.

So if I have anything to add, I think it's this: Let's try to be more open to newer writers. Please? :D
[/FONT]

[quote name='James'][color=#606060] Since you apparently can't drag yourself away from the site (despite hating it), I'll do the job for you.[/color][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]I give this two months, tops.[/color]