OtakuBoards

Homosexuality: Discussion of

Inuyasha Fandom

Okay.... people can't help what they like and dislike... right? Why do pople get so down on the subject??? I mean, it's alomsost like no one wants to discus the fact there is homosexuality in this world. Does it truly violate so much it's inconceivable? How can it be so wrong to pursue love that make you happy? Why it it like this????

To be honest, I've often wondered why people think it so wrong, but, then again I will never understand, even if it is put into terms even a ******** can understand. Truely, I've often not cared what people think, but it is ignorance that pisses me off and makes me want to kill the lot of morons with an acorn.

Thoughts on the subject?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=maroon]I think, AT THE LEAST, the aversion to homosexuality is understandable. If you're straight, and you're completely ignorant of homosexuality, then seeing two guys holding hands and kissing just gives you a weird vibe. It's ignorance that drives the fuel for hatred, but you have to understand, just like how gay people just "feel" like there's something "off" about a girl and a guy kissing, it's no different than how straight people feel about seeing them.

I'm not justifying either, mind you, but I'm explaining that the phenomenon is understandable and not a "OMG?! WTF IS WRONG WITH EVERYONE?!" sort of situation. If you can be tolerant of different sexual preferences, why can't you be tolerant of ignorance?[/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]Oh Jeez, and here I just hoped we might get a few weeks between an abortion thread and a homosexuality one, seriously, I now support Sandy's rule about not allowing repeat threads in a forum...

Honestly, in a few words, I just don't give a ****. I used to, homosexuality used to be one of those awful, horrible things with the world that was somehow going to lead to the breakdown in the fabric of society. Nowadays if two people care that much about one another, I'm not going to call them on it, sure as I guy I have a preference to the sight/idea of a pair of hot lesbians in their twenties over a pair of forty year old gay guys, but as I see neither on a regular basis it doesn't matter to me.

I mean sure, you can say your Church thinks it's evil and sinful and God knows what else, and mine does, and I accept that. But in the end, the main doctrine of the Catholic Church has been "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" and I really think I'd prefer my relationship not me put under a spotlight as an example of what is wrong with the world. People are people, let them get into a relationship with whoever the hell they want, if you believe that it's a sin well then it's God's call, not yours.[/SIZE]

Well duh the Bible and the church are against it so it must be wrong. It doesnt affect me negatively in anyway so why should I care if two men do what straight men and women do. There is nothing wrong with it just people are idiots who are intolerant to things that are diffrent from their views of normal.

I never understood homophobia. I mean of all the things to be afraid of in this world you are afraid of homosexuals? That's ungodly pathetic.

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Oh Jeez, and here I just hoped we might get a few weeks between an abortion thread and a homosexuality one, seriously, I now support Sandy's rule about not allowing repeat threads in a forum....[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

No this isnt nearly as bad as all the gay marriage threads

[COLOR="goldenrod"][quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Oh Jeez, and here I just hoped we might get a few weeks between an abortion thread and a homosexuality one, seriously, I now support Sandy's rule about not allowing repeat threads in a forum...[/SIZE][/QUOTE]The forum would get pretty boring and stale if no new threads on a similar or same topic was allowed. :p And the last thread that really got into this topic was back in January. Six months seems like plenty of time to me. Besides, one doesn't have to post in it if they don't want to. ^_~

My opinion is whether or not others disapprove is irrelevant. It's up to each person to decide. Personally I'm for it in the sense that I feel I don't have the right to make that choice for someone, to tell them who they can love or to dictate what their sex life has to be like.

I don't think it's a sin, but in the end, if it is, as you put it Gavin, it's God's call at that point. I don't believe in God, but that's another discussion altogether.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Kenshin DX']So why should I care if two men do what straight men and women do. There is nothing wrong with it just people are idiots who are intolerant to things that are different from their views of normal.[/QUOTE]

[size=1]That's one thing that always struck me about these threads, that they always seem to deal with the male aspect to homosexuality, as if the word itself implies male rather than both genders. I suppose the obvious answer is that most straight guys while horrified by the idea of two males in a sexual relationship are immensely receptive to the idea of two females in a sexual relationship. Here's the thing guys, if they're lesbians, it might be hot, but you aren't going to be getting any of it.[/size]

[quote name='Kenshin DX']No this isn't nearly as bad as all the gay marriage threads[/QUOTE]

[size=1]I meant it in a collective sense, anything to do with homosexuality or abortion tend to generate the worst kinds of verbal attacks because both sides see themselves as being right. I should know, seeing as I've been involved in most of them right from the beginning. Now though, I'm happy sitting on the fence taking pop-shots at people I don't like.[/size]

[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="goldenrod"]The forum would get pretty boring and stale if no new threads on a similar or same topic was allowed. :p And the last thread that really got into this topic was back in January. Six months seems like plenty of time to me. Besides, one doesn't have to post in it if they don't want to. ^_~[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[size=1]I know, I've just gotten to the stage where I'm tired of listening to the same two arguments fired over and back for seven pages, but not quite so tired as I don't want to see if there's a slight chance that they'll chance. For instance, since the earliest threads on the subject itself, there's been a sharp decrease in the number of people who actually are against the idea of homosexuality/gay marriage outright. Though I suppose that actually strengthens your point as then they're not always the same.[/size]

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I hate thread repeats.

For me, I am against homosexuality and I am not afraid to express those feelings. But I still care for my friends who are. Heck, one of my best friends is gay. I do not shun him because of that. It's what's inside that counts, you know?[/COLOR]

[quote name='Japan_86'][COLOR="DarkRed"]I hate thread repeats.

For me, I am against homosexuality and I am not afraid to express those feelings. But I still care for my friends who are. Heck, one of my best friends is gay. I do not shun him because of that. It's what's inside that counts, you know?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I have to admit that kind of mentality confuses me a lot Laura, I mean on the one hand you care for your gay friends by not shunning them, but are on the otherhand against homosexuality. I'm not trying to pick apart what you've said Laura, it just genuinely confuses me.[/SIZE]

[font=comic sans ms][color=blue]I am also against homosexuality, but I don't judge anyone for being gay. I haven't been around people who are gay, (mainly because I haven't been hanging out much.) but the way I see it, if you want to be gay then that's yo business.[/color][/font]

[color=darkred][size=1]

I love thread repeats, because after all, there are only so many points that can be discussed, nothing is more saucy than a hot topic or debated issue.

I for one am completely fine with homosexuality. Like, even when some straight males will say "As long as they don't try hitting on me or anything, I don't care." Me, I don't care even if they do, I'd just take it as a compliment.

Honestly, other people's affairs don't effect me and I don't see why it would matter anyways. Yeah, I do occasionally still get that weird vibe when I see a man kissing another man, but then again, kissing a man is a turn off for me, so I don't see what that would matter anyways.

In the end of everything, my entire philosophy is this. If no harm is being done to anyone, then why the hell do you care anyways? It's no longer 'looking out for your fellow man' and it becomes 'your all up in their business where you don't belong'.

Mind your own business, and pay attention to your life instead of argueing over other people's descesions.[/color][/size]

[COLOR="goldenrod"]Actually to a certain degree... I love thread repeats. :catgirl: Especially when you've been around for a while. It's fun to see how people's opinions change over the years. And though by the time I joined OB I was not against homosexuality, I was born and raised to believe that it was a sin. I honestly use to think that one would essentially burn in Hell and all that stuff.

Now I've long since grown up and have no problem with accepting that it's up to others to make that choice for themselves. And even when I've been hit on by other girls it's not upsetting. I've always considered it a compliment. It's only when someone won't take no for an answer that I get annoyed. Though that applies to both guys and girls.

I don't find it weird to see people of the same sex kissing though. But yeah, in the end it really is their business and not mine. As for ignorance being annoying? That too is a choice. Just as I think people have the right to be gay, so do others who aren't interested in learning more have the right to avoid it. I wish they would try to be more tolerant, but again, that's their choice. [/COLOR]

[quote name='AzureWolf'][COLOR=maroon]I think, AT THE LEAST, the aversion to homosexuality is understandable. If you're straight, and you're completely ignorant of homosexuality, then seeing two guys holding hands and kissing just gives you a weird vibe. It's ignorance that drives the fuel for hatred, but you have to understand, just like how gay people just "feel" like there's something "off" about a girl and a guy kissing, it's no different than how straight people feel about seeing them.

I'm not justifying either, mind you, but I'm explaining that the phenomenon is understandable and not a "OMG?! WTF IS WRONG WITH EVERYONE?!" sort of situation. If you can be tolerant of different sexual preferences, why can't you be tolerant of ignorance?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[size=1]I absolutely agree with this. I don't care if you like people of the same gender, but I also feel uncomfortable when two guys start making out. At least moreso than if the couple were a straight one. I won't lie about that, but that's natural.

[quote name='Japan_86'][COLOR="DarkRed"]I hate thread repeats.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Then why do you still post? lol[/size]

to be quite honest, i bring up the subject of hot girls kissing, dudes are like YEAH!!!!!!GIVE ME SOME BABY!!!!!!!!!, and yes, there are those exeptions, but then i being up guys, and they usually ask what the **** is wrong with me. I never understood it, nor will i ever pretend to. It bothers me that some of the same people that say i'm going to hell fr what i do will lovingly watch two girls do the same thing. I"m not sure i like this spect, but it s something i have to deal with.

I understand that thereare those who would kill me because i don't lick pusy. i've gne up against a few myself. I've not escaped unscathed either, though i sure as hell went down hard, and my opponent even harder. I know there are those who are against it, those with different beifs, and ican accept that.

but it is those who can't that make me fear for the future aspects of humanity...... those people scare me.

And i've never been wirded out by same sex or oppoite sex kissing, to me it's natural. Of course, some others might not share that same sentimate, but that's alright.[COLOR="goldenrod"][INDENT][SIZE="1"][B]Inuyasha Fandom[/B], please work on improving your posts. Use of proper spelling and grammar is important here at OtakuBoards since it makes it easier for others to understand what you are trying to say. Try using a program like Word or hotmail (which is free) to check your posts first. Thanks. ~SunfallE[/SIZE][/INDENT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Green"]Well Homosexuality never really bothered me because my parents raised me to have an open mind that's free from predjudices against others for being different whether it would be sexual orientation, gender, or race. I have homosexual friends from both sexes and I've gotta tell you, they are nicer than most straight people entirely. I myself am straight, but I have no problem hanging out with my gay friends.

I would like to see the exact passage in the Bible that says "You can't have homosexual sex". I've heard the line that marriage is between a man and a woman and its a sacred bond. The analogy some of the homophobes that I've heard so often was "God created this world for Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve". But when it comes down to it, it's just a matter of prefrence, no different than eating mayo instead of mustard on your sandwich. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Japan86'] I hate thread repeats[/quote]

[FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Green"]I personally love thread repeats. On issues like this, having multiple threads on the subject can only be a good thing. I've seen a general discussion thread about topics like homosexuality and then I've seen it been dissected in other threads into its many parts, such as "Is homosexuality a sin?" "Homophobia: Ignorance is Bliss" and others. So I say that someone should be applauded because their can never be and [I]end[/I] to these sort of subjects. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I am against it, but I'll let people do what they want. As long as they don't tell me about it, or do it in front of me, I'm fine. They can be as homosexual as they want. It isn't really my problem to deal with, nor to change. I am just against it.

I probably just said the same thing about four times. :animeswea

[quote name='Break']I am against it, but I'll let people do what they want. As long as they don't tell me about it, or do it in front of me, I'm fine. They can be as homosexual as they want. It isn't really my problem to deal with, nor to change. I am just against it.

I probably just said the same thing about four times. :animeswea[/QUOTE]

I say go for five...lol.

I don't really care if people tell me about it, because it's a real part of life now. I don't think it would be any less natural for two people of the same gender to have sex with each other than a man and a woman. The fact that these people LOVE each other should be the only criteria that deems their relationship legitamate.

I do get a weird vibe from seeing men or women kissing each other, but it doesn't gross me out where I go "ewww gross." I'm a guy who has relationships with women and I just don't feel comfortable seeing two people of the same gender making out the same way that heterosexual couples make out. It feels natural when people are actually committing the act of having sex or making out or what have you, but when it's seen by others it can be a little awkward.

[quote name='Sesshomarufan']I do get a weird vibe from seeing men or women kissing each other, but it doesn't gross me out where I go "ewww gross." I'm a guy who has relationships with women and I just don't feel comfortable seeing two people of the same gender making out the same way that heterosexual couples make out. It feels natural when people are actually committing the act of having sex or making out or what have you, but when it's seen by others it can be a little awkward.[/QUOTE]

I might get my head bitten off here.. but maybe that weird vibe is not necessarily because it is gross (because it actually isn't... [i]that[/i] disgusting), but because it isn't natural. I'm only throwing it out there as a possibility!

As for me? I'm heterosexual, but I might as well be asexual. Women are hassle and men are men - I'm lazy and not attracted to boys.

I should go live in a monastery lol.

[quote name='Sesshomarufan'][FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Green"]
I would like to see the exact passage in the Bible that says "You can't have homosexual sex". I've heard the line that marriage is between a man and a woman and its a sacred bond. The analogy some of the homophobes that I've heard so often was "God created this world for Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve". But when it comes down to it, it's just a matter of prefrence, no different than eating mayo instead of mustard on your sandwich. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/QUOTE]
[font=comic sans ms][color=blue][i]Leviticus 18:22. (Laws of Sexual Morality) You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.[/i] And if you flip ahead to 1st Corinthians 6:18 (Principles of Married Life), it says [i]Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body.[/i]

I'm not going to act like I know all, but that really speaks for itself.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Tombstone'][font=comic sans ms][color=blue][i]Leviticus 18:22. (Laws of Sexual Morality) You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.[/i] And if you flip ahead to 1st Corinthians 6:18 (Principles of Married Life), it says [i]Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body.[/i]

I'm not going to like I know all, but that really speaks for itself.[/font][/color][/QUOTE]
[size=1]Do you also follow the passage that says you can stone disobedient children?[/size]

[quote name='The Boss'][color=darkred][size=1]In the end of everything, my entire philosophy is this. [B]If no harm is being done to anyone, then why the hell do you care anyways?[/B] It's no longer 'looking out for your fellow man' and it becomes 'your all up in their business where you don't belong'.

[B]Mind your own business, and pay attention to your life instead of argueing over other people's descesions.[/B][/color][/size][/QUOTE]

I didn't have time to read every reply on this thread, but The Boss has very similar views as myself concerning this topic, and just to add to his statement, here's a video:

[URL="http://youtube.com/watch?v=xZ6TCLPR4Ks"]YouTube - Gay Marriage[/URL]

I understand it's a little off topic with it being about the marriage aspect of homosexuality, but it still applies. Seriously, watch it!

[quote name='Retribution'][size=1]Do you also follow the passage that says you can stone disobedient children?[/size][/QUOTE]

Don't be so silly. Following the rules against homosexuality makes a lot more sense than stoning children and you know it :animesigh

God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for rampant homosexuality, I am certain (not that He did, but that it says that was the reason in the Bible). Where do you think the word "sodomy" comes from?

And I'm pretty sure God didn't destroy a city full of disobedient children.

[quote name='Break']
God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for rampant homosexuality...[/QUOTE]
Very very debatable, but I don't want to go into it; I'm sure you can find plenty of material about the theological & scholarly back-and-forth if you're curious. Frankly, though, since it seems safe to assume that none of us are Biblical experts, I'd say that using the Bible to justify anything other than love, peace, turning the other cheek, etc., etc. is really a bit dicey.

~Dagger~

[quote name='Gavin'][size=1]That's one thing that always struck me about these threads, that they always seem to deal with the male aspect to homosexuality, as if the word itself implies male rather than both genders. I suppose the obvious answer is that most straight guys while horrified by the idea of two males in a sexual relationship are immensely receptive to the idea of two females in a sexual relationship. Here's the thing guys, if they're lesbians, it might be hot, but you aren't going to be getting any of it.[/size][/QUOTE]Hehe, I find both equally disturbing, a guy making out with another guy and a girl making out with another girl. I don't like getting hit on either. Though I try to not get bent out of shape over it since usually they don't mean anything by it (in a negative sense that is) and most of them that I've run into are usually genuinely sorry for making me feel uncomfortable. Anyway...

That doesn't mean I think someone shouldn't be allowed to be that way. It really is their choice in the end. I may have been raised to think it's a sin, but I don't believe in religion anymore or God for that matter so other people's sex life is none of my business.

And speaking of previous threads. I think I killed the last one since I was the last one to post in the thread Aaryanna was referring to. XP So it's good to see it revived, after all people's opinions do change, or perhaps in some people's case they simply become more tolerant towards others.