OtakuBoards

What Are You Listening To?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Right now I'm listening to Bach's Fugue No. 20 in A Minor. [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac2tWYjMdhI"][U]Click![/U][/URL] Though I'm not listening to it at the link I provided, I'm listening to it because my mom is playing it. :catgirl: I love it when she plays stuff on the piano. I really should be more serious about letting her teach me to play. lol [/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Right now I'm hooked on [B]Gunslinger[/B] by [B]Avenged Sevenfold[/B]. Lot of hardcore A7 fans don't like this new album, but I can appreciate them mixing it up a little bit. Look what happened to 3 Doors Down. They released three albums that all sounded the same and their last one tanked hard.

Random Fun Fact: For being so hardcore and devil worshipping, did you know that Avenged Sevenfold takes their name from a bible verse? I believe it's in the book of Genesis, when God puts his mark on Cain and says "And no man will attempt to harm him or he will have revenge taken upon him sevenfold" Sorry if I don't translate it line for line here. Thought I'd throw that out there for discussion.[/FONT]

[quote name='Korey'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Right now I'm hooked on [B]Gunslinger[/B] by [B]Avenged Sevenfold[/B]. Lot of hardcore A7 fans don't like this new album, but I can appreciate them mixing it up a little bit. Look what happened to 3 Doors Down. They released three albums that all sounded the same and their last one tanked hard.

Random Fun Fact: For being so hardcore and devil worshipping, did you know that Avenged Sevenfold takes their name from a bible verse? I believe it's in the book of Genesis, when God puts his mark on Cain and says "And no man will attempt to harm him or he will have revenge taken upon him sevenfold" Sorry if I don't translate it line for line here. Thought I'd throw that out there for discussion.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Personally I think the whole album is strait up ballsy. And it has a lot of good songs. I don't like it as much as the last album but I like it a lot more than the older ones.
Oh and who thinks they are like...satanic? I thought they were sorta like chrisitanlike before I actually listen to them(like As I lay Dying sorta).

Brompton cocktail and A little piece of heaven are both great songs. The only song I think is like...bad is the last one which is self explanatory.

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]god, ballsy if by ballsy you men sucking total ***. That album made me throw up in my throat. Disgusting, putrid excuse for music, and a shitstain on the underwear of the band. For all I did to stick up for City of Evil this album sure threw away what little pride I had as a fan. Utter stupid tripe - it was like non-music. I'd rather take a burning coal to the nutsack than sit through it ever again. I'd have to say that the first song was among one of the worst trashpile compilations of meaningless crap ever compacted into one period of time. If there be a time set that I'll have to listen to that again, let me die beforehand.

Oh, and to stay on-topic, I'm listening to Atashi ga Alice datta koro which is a b-side on a single from the Rozen Maiden anime - a nice influx of violin, piano and acoustic guitar. [/COLOR]

[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Right now I'm listening to Bach's Fugue No. 20 in A Minor. [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac2tWYjMdhI"][U]Click![/U][/URL] Though I'm not listening to it at the link I provided, I'm listening to it because my mom is playing it. :catgirl: I love it when she plays stuff on the piano. I really should be more serious about letting her teach me to play. lol [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]Interesting that you should mention that piece by Bach since at this moment I'm running my collection of The Well-tempered Clavier Bk I by Bach, though I'm not up to that piece yet. It's a nice disk to simply put in and listen to since for such short pieces they have a nice variety and yet still maintain a certain amount of unity. There's a lot to these works by Bach, but I'll save that for an actual thread instead of making this post insanely long. XP

[color=crimson]DeathKnight launches a multipronged offensive!

[b]Metal[/b]:

[b]Every Time I Die[/b] - [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-ub--XlDBg]We'rewolf[/url].

I was blowing time recently going through the digital cable videos on demand service. Their music video channels are usually a good time waster, so I caught some newer releases from bands I like and noticed Every Time I Die on there. I digged a single they had released a couple of years back, so I decided to see what their new effort was and that was the above We'rewolf. My girlfriend is already tired of it since I have been playing it a great deal and picked up their CD ASAP. Very good offering from them.

[b]Rock[/b]

[b]Kings of Leon[/b] -[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIH7co6UGjQ]Charmer[/url].

The scream took some getting used to for a fan who had been used to their last offerings CD wise, but it grows on you in a way. The bass is absolutely riveting. The lyrics that the KoL put out are fantastic to read, and the song is very delightful in that respect.

[b]Rap[/b]

[b]Jedi Mind Tricks[/b] - [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r0KpWMNxnM]Uncommon Valor: A Vietnam Story[/url].

Featuring R.A. the Rugged Man detailing the story of his father Staff Sargent John Thorburn, his fight in Vietnam, his exposure to Agent Orange, and the ramifications on his health and birth defects in his children. It affects emotions. I like that.[/color]

[B]No Quarter-Tool[/B]
An amazing song just like when it was written by Led Zeppelin. I have to say that although the guitar and drum is worse than Zeppelin the Vocals and Bass are better in my opinion. Overall it seems to have more power and feeling than the original.

[B]No quarter-Led Zeppelin[/B]
Now although I like theTool version better I still like this song. It is less dark than tools version which is a plus for me. Like I said before better guitar and drums.

I don't know any American bands, lol... So J-music time =P

[b][url=http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=XUmEgHOdYnc]Shimi - MAXIMUM THE HORMONE[/url][/b]

One of my favorite rock bands, even though a lot of people don't like them (lol, no love =( for Death Note OP 2)

[b][url=http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6Oc9EPlPXk]Houchou hasami Cutter Knife dosu kiri - MAXIMUM THE HORMONE[/url][/b]

My favorite songs by them >_> I like it because of its fast beat, I guess.

Another song I am currently listening to is:
[b][url=http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=iD9rWoLv0L4]Amedama no uta - BUMP OF CHICKEN[/url][/b]
Since it's from their newest album, Orbital Period =P And I like BUMP OF CHICKEN's style. But yeah, it focuses more on the vocals.

And finally,
[b][url=http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=BWbzZALKClM]Aisaika no choushoku - Shiina Ringo[/url][/b]. Old but I like it still. Shiina Ringo is always a very unique singer, so I usually like her songs. Especially the lyrics for this piece.

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Listening to Deltron 3030 which is one of the coolest rap projects aorund. It's mostly just Del the Funkee Homosapian and Dan the Automator spittin rhymes like they always do, only it's with a sci-fi concept taking place long in the future. Some of the most excellent beats I ever heard on these tracks.[/COLOR]

[quote name='2008DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Listening to Deltron 3030 which is one of the coolest rap projects aorund. It's mostly just Del the Funkee Homosapian and Dan the Automator spittin rhymes like they always do, only it's with a sci-fi concept taking place long in the future. Some of the most excellent beats I ever heard on these tracks.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

YES! I love deltron. My favorite song is turbulence. He has some of the craziest and most innovative lyrics ever. I also like Gels work with the gorillaz a lot. That was really good stuff to. When people say hip hop I think of him. Not that Fat Joe nonsense of that 50 cent ********.

[COLOR="77656"]Today, I was happy as **** when I got 10,000 Days by Tool. But now I want to take the CD And brake it into shards. Who's idea was it to make the CD in a pocket? Because of the thin pocket thingy, it scraped my CD when I tried to get ot out. Now the ****er won't load tracks Rossetta Stoned and beyond onto my Windows Media Player! I only have songs up to Lost Keys, and that's it! Or it could have been my nieces shity CD player, the stupid thing.

I just hope tracks 8, 9, 10 and 11 suck hard balls, that way it's not a bad thing that the other songs won't work.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="77656"]Today, I was happy as **** when I got 10,000 Days by Tool. But now I want to take the CD And brake it into shards. Who's idea was it to make the CD in a pocket? Because of the thin pocket thingy, it scraped my CD when I tried to get ot out. Now the ****er won't load tracks Rossetta Stoned and beyond onto my Windows Media Player! I only have songs up to Lost Keys, and that's it! Or it could have been my nieces shity CD player, the stupid thing.

I just hope tracks 8, 9, 10 and 11 suck hard balls, that way it's not a bad thing that the other songs won't work.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Heh, are you sure that's th problem? My old comp could never play the last 2 tracks. The resaon being my version of real player didn't have the ability to play ceratin instruments used or something. You might just need to update your software.

Oh, and tracks 8 and 10 are the only songs I like on the whole album, lol[/COLOR]

[color=crimson]The one song that really stuck with me from Sweeney Todd was [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc_jDTXjDUY]The Worst Pies in London[/url], and I have been listening to it habitually since seeing the movie.

I am not sure if it is the tongue-in-cheek lyrics, or enthusiasm for being so terrible on the part of Mrs. Lovett, but it is a very addictive song.[/color]

[quote name='ssj chic']Ear-grating Christmas music.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Unfortunately quoted for truth, I just heard Bing Crosby's "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" for about the millionth time this week. Christmas songs being just overplayed is my least favourite part of the whole holiday.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Unfortunately quoted for truth, I just heard Bing Crosby's "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" for about the millionth time this week. Christmas songs being just overplayed is my least favourite part of the whole holiday.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. I live in NYC... And they overdue Christmas. I mean, beautiful - Yes. But it gets a little eerie when you walk out of one shop playing a particular Christmas song, and into another that is playing the same one (second shop being 5+ blocks away).

[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="77656"]Today, I was happy as **** when I got 10,000 Days by Tool. But now I want to take the CD And brake it into shards. Who's idea was it to make the CD in a pocket? Because of the thin pocket thingy, it scraped my CD when I tried to get ot out. Now the ****er won't load tracks Rossetta Stoned and beyond onto my Windows Media Player! I only have songs up to Lost Keys, and that's it! Or it could have been my nieces shity CD player, the stupid thing.

I just hope tracks 8, 9, 10 and 11 suck hard balls, that way it's not a bad thing that the other songs won't work.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Lololol. Your only missing one good song imo. Right in two is pretty damn good though. Use a disc doctor on it and rip it to your computer stat.

[quote name='2008DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Listening to Had a Dad by JAne's Addiction. My parents were both major fans of JA (in fact, that's how they met) but I've never cared much. However, it's rare to find a song that rocks a ******' monster groove like this one. 4 minutes of pure unadalterated funky groove. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]
I remember some critic saying that Tool sounded like Janes Addiction or something like that. I don't know where the hell he hears a resemblance. Anyway they are pretty good. They inspired a few bands I really like(Aic,Soundgarden ect...)

[quote name='DeathKnight'][color=crimson]The one song that really stuck with me from Sweeney Todd was [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc_jDTXjDUY]The Worst Pies in London[/url], and I have been listening to it habitually since seeing the movie.

I am not sure if it is the tongue-in-cheek lyrics, or enthusiasm for being so terrible on the part of Mrs. Lovett, but it is a very addictive song.[/color][/QUOTE][size=1]I abslutely love Sweeney Todd. I've been singing 'Johanna' to my dog for the past couple of days -- it's really quite disturbing when you think about it...

Anyway, I've been listening to the new Rilo Kiley release, [b]Under the Blacklight[/b], regularly since I got it a couple of months ago. At first their new sound was off-putting, but I ultimately fell in love with it. The new Feist is also rather fantastic.

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Panache']I remember some critic saying that Tool sounded like Janes Addiction or something like that. I don't know where the hell he hears a resemblance. Anyway they are pretty good. They inspired a few bands I really like(Aic,Soundgarden ect...)[/QUOTE]

Early Tool was, in all essence, hard rock/grunge. Ever since then, they've been compared to every band in existence. Hell, I hear someone tried to say the new Primordial sounded like Tool (which, might I add, is a DIRE mistake.)

I personally prefer Alice in Chains.

Also, holy crap. I just found one of my favorite songs from my childhood without even knowing it! Witchy Woman by the Eagles is the name of the song, and I remember the melody being one of my favorite ever. What things you find at the radio station!

[quote name='0ber0n the Neko']Early Tool was, in all essence, hard rock/grunge. Ever since then, they've been compared to every band in existence. Hell, I hear someone tried to say the new Primordial sounded like Tool (which, might I add, is a DIRE mistake.)
[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Oh, **** you.

Anyway, I went through my iTunes library and ranked everything so that I wouldn't have to listen to all the lame crap on there and only get the 4-5 star tracks. It can be a little annoying, because I like to choose music by mood a lot of the time, and if I'm really not in the mood for a song I skip it. As for right now, I just transferred from Clint Eastwood by Gorillaz to Motekke! Sailor Fuku from the Lucky Star soundtrack... my tates are really all over the place XD. [/COLOR]