OtakuBoards

What Are You Listening To?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[quote name='2008DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Indeed. Mega indeed. Find myself walking around singing it and stuff. You seen the flash vid on vgcats.com?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

No I shalt investigate now. Oh and still alive is ony my myspace....and it is never leaving. Oh yea listen to the song and look at this picture.

[IMG]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb213/Aboywearingvans/thumbnailCAJRQUZS.jpg[/IMG]

It makes all your sorrows go away.

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Right now at this very minute I'm listening to [b]Breath[/b] from Breaking Benjamin's Phobia album. Next I'll be listening to [b]You[/b] then [b]Evil Angel[/b]

Yeah this and talking to my friend 'Duckie' from Tennessee, what a great New Years Eve.[/color][/font]

[SIZE=1][B] Now:[/B] This Is Not A Competition
[B] Artist:[/B] Bloc Party

This is some of their hella old stuff, as in pre-Silent Alarm stuff, and in my opinion I think it's better than the the stuff from [B][U] A Weekend In The City[/B][/U]. This track has alot of energy in it and, I'm just hoping that their third album won't be as slow and boring as [B][U] Weekend[/B][/U].

on the other hand, their lastest single [B][U] Flux[/B][/U] is doing some justice by showing that they still have that dance punk sound, while trying a different route.

[that microKorg is awesome.][/SIZE]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray][B]The Gossip[/B] - [B]Standing in the Way of Control[/B]
[B]The Gossip[/B] - [B]Standing in the Way of Control[/B] ([B]Soulwax Nite Version[/B])
[B]The Gossip[/B] - [B]Standing in the Way of Control[/B] ([B]Le Tigre Remix[/B])
[B]The Gossip[/B] - [B]Standing in the Way of Control[/B] ([B]Headman Remix[/B])
[B]The Gossip[/B] - [B]Standing in the Way of Control[/B] ([B]Tronik Youth Remix[/B])
[B]The Gossip[/B] - [B]Standing in the Way of Control[/B] ([B]Playgroup Dub[/B])
[B]The Gossip[/B] - [B]Standing in the Way of Control[/B] ([B]Live At Glastonbury Festival 2007[/B])
[B]The Gossip[/B] vs. [B]Dangerous Dan[/B] [B]&[/B] [B]Nicky Van She[/B] vs. [B]Daft Punk[/B] - [B]Gossip Around The World Again[/B]

That's about it.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR="77656"]I've been listening to Vicarious by Tool... a lot. Lately I've been into Mastadon's Bladecatcher, and Colony of Birchmen. Also, I've been lsitening to Amon Amarth.

But I've also gotten into a song called Nothing for me Here by Dope, which is an awesome, yet emo, song. If anyone hasn't noticed yet, it's on GHIII. Also, every mornign I feel depressed, so I listen to Coheed and Cambria on the bus cause it gets out my emotions.[/COLOR]

[color=indigo]This week three albums seem to be hitting my rotation pretty hard.

The first is [i]Accidents Will Happen[/i] by Elvis Costello and the Attractions. Most famous for ?My Funny Valentine? and ?Peace, Love and Understanding?, [i]Accidents Will Happen[/i] has a horde of great pop tracks. Still, the album isn?t for everyone. If you have heard Elvis Costello?s music before and didn?t enjoy it this album isn?t going to change your opinion of him.

Another album that has been hitting the rotation quite often is [i]Dog Problems[/i] by The Format. Whenever I describe this album I say ?they sound kind of like Queen but more poppy and less rock-opera?. No one seems to agree with that evaluation though. Still, it is a fun album that just about everyone can enjoy.

Finally, I have been hooked on [i]First Impressions of Earth[/i] by the Strokes. I hadn?t listened to this album for a year or so and I had forgotten how good it was. Last night I went for a long walk in the snow and got lost listening to the album. Both the lyrics and instrumentals are very simple yet mesh wonderfully, giving the illusion of a much more complex album.
[/color]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I've been listening to quite a bit of Róisín Murphy lately. Her latest album, Overpowered, is pretty good. I think I'm liking her more as an individual artist outside Moloko.

Definitely not for everyone, but she has a couple of tracks that can really grab you.[/font]

I just got the Offspring's Greatest hits album. I've heard them on the radio alot, but most of the time i realy didn't know it was them. Before, I just knew them for thier 2 songs: "The Kids Aren't Alright" and "Come Out and Play".

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]i'm listening to Queen of the Borrowed Light by Wolves in te Throne Room, which I've heard more that their other songs because all of them are so ****ing long that it's hard to get around to hearing them all XD. Amazing, through and through. The album has to be one of the greatest things ever recorded, period.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="1234"]Jake do you enjoy acting like a three year old sometimes?

Anyways, I'm listening to some crappy 80's music right now and I'm too lazy to turn the channel to Metal or Rock. But this morning and last night I listened to a ton of Coheed and Cambria songs, almost in a retrostpect seeing that I practicalyl listened to every album again. But I'm not complaning, I've been listening to Co&Ca for a while now, and it's adicting.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]I'm listening to Dream Theater right now. They are a pretty good band who has been around since the 70s and are one of the best selling progressive rock bands ever. I like their newer albums more, but all of their stuff is pretty good. I still want to find a way to buy their 6th album but it's very expensive everywhere I find it.[/COLOR]

"Ruun" by Enslaved. Off the Ruun album. Great song.

[quote name='Premonition']Jake do you enjoy acting like a three year old sometimes?[/QUOTE]

No, he enjoys acting like an elitist [i]all[/i] the time. XD Three-year old is a bit extreme, though, man. Jake's not that bad. Just frustrated by people with bad taste in music.

[quote name='ForsakenUndead']I'm listening to Dream Theater right now. They are a pretty good band who has been around since the 70s and are one of the best selling progressive rock bands ever. I like their newer albums more, but all of their stuff is pretty good. I still want to find a way to buy their 6th album but it's very expensive everywhere I find it.[/QUOTE]

They formed in 1985.

Now, when we say "Sixth Album", are we talking about "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence"? (Note: I had to wade chest deep through EP listings to find their actual full-lengths.) The reason it's so expensive is because it's two discs. If you're really a fan, go for it. However, Dream Theater annoys me in ways that only Jake can express. Though, I'm not sure if it's because of their overposturing as a band, the mediocrity of their music, or the mindless adulation of their fanbase. It could be all three.

[quote name='0ber0n the Neko']Now, when we say "Sixth Album", are we talking about "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence"? (Note: I had to wade chest deep through EP listings to find their actual full-lengths.) The reason it's so expensive is because it's two discs. If you're really a fan, go for it. However, Dream Theater annoys me in ways that only Jake can express.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]I have to agree, they are not bad, but they are just so goddamn pretentious it's disgusting. I read an interview where one of them said [paraphrasing](regardless how you feel about these bands): "You know, there's a few bands out there like Mastodon, The Mars Volta, and Tool who we are kind of similar to, however al of them are selling realy well and we aren't. However, our music is better than theirs - it's like people like things that are lower quality."

I just couldn't find it in me to respect them after that. I still like some of their music, but it's sort of like those damn nazi bands - you just can't bring yourself to enjoy them when they are like that. [/COLOR]

[QUOTE]"You know, there's a few bands out there like Mastodon, The Mars Volta, and Tool who we are kind of similar to, however al of them are selling realy well and we aren't. However, our music is better than theirs - it's like people like things that are lower quality."[/QUOTE]What an *******. **** them. They can go die in a fire. Jake is Pretentious, they on the other hand are complete ********.

Anyway I am listening to catalyst by slayer. A really kick *** song.

Oh yea and The Mars Volta=/=tool=/=Mastadon

[SIZE="3"]Mewithoutyou[/SIZE]

Yep. Anyone heard of them? They're AMAZING!!!

My friend introduced them to me, but I wasn't to crazy at first. (He tends to shout through the song. Not like screaming or metal stuff... Just sort of talk/shouting) But the music was good, so when he invited me to a concert, I went.

They were sooooo good live, that it gave me chills (I love it when a band does that... It means they're really good!) so I got online and read some of the lyrics... They're sooo deep. It was just amazing... So even though his voice annoys me in some songs, I love them!

Mewithoutyou. (Just one word)
You should check them out!

"Mammoth" by Pelican

[quote name='2008DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]I have to agree, they are not bad, but they are just so goddamn pretentious it's disgusting. I read an interview where one of them said [paraphrasing](regardless how you feel about these bands): "You know, there's a few bands out there like Mastodon, The Mars Volta, and Tool who we are kind of similar to, however al of them are selling realy well and we aren't. However, our music is better than theirs - it's like people like things that are lower quality."

I just couldn't find it in me to respect them after that. I still like some of their music, but it's sort of like those damn nazi bands - you just can't bring yourself to enjoy them when they are like that. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

They wrote a song in a standard time signature, and the only way they could justify it to themselves was to report it as being "15/16 followed by a measure of 1/16".

God, I think they just perpetuated a new paradigm, comparing THEMSELVES to Tool as opposed to having some maynard-worshiping fanboy do it for them.

[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="1234"]Jake do you enjoy acting like a three year old sometimes?

Anyways, I'm listening to some crappy 80's music right now and I'm too lazy to turn the channel to Metal or Rock. But this morning and last night I listened to a ton of Coheed and Cambria songs, almost in a retrostpect seeing that I practicalyl listened to every album again. But I'm not complaning, I've been listening to Co&Ca for a while now, and it's adicting.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

In case you missed it, his signature read "METAL DOES NOT EXIST". I was listening to a metal song. Since you seem incapable of picking up on things at all, I will explain it step by step. Because I was listening to a metal song and his signature said that metal does not exist, I was making a joke regarding the idea that I must have been listening to nothing at all.

Believe it or not, I wasn't hurt or being defensive due to someone's (at times hilarious) ignorance. I leave all that up to you guys.

[COLOR="Red"]
WARNING: DO NOT READ THIS COMMENT IF I HAVE REPEATEDLY OFFENDED YOU WITH MY COMMENTARY OR UPSET YOU WITH HOW RIGHT I AM ALL THE TIME[/COLOR]
[spoiler]I can't act like I'm 3 years of age. The fact that I don't listen to Coheed and Cambria is scientific proof that I am at [I]least[/I] as mentally developed as a 12-year-old.[/spoiler]

And I'm currently listening to:

"Something Not as Pretentious As Dream Theater" by Every Band That Isn't Dream Theater.

(Yes, that's right. I'm actually annoyed by a band's pretentiousness.)

"Opus A Satana" by Emperor. I actually kinda hate this particular song by them, but it's on.

[quote name='Darren'][SIZE="3"]Mewithoutyou[/SIZE]

Yep. Anyone heard of them? They're AMAZING!!![/QUOTE]

They sound as if Adam Duritz developed acute autism, joined TV on the Radio, and then convinced the band to play every single generic radio hit single by every pop-punk band in existence simultaneously.

In short, your post should probably read-

[quote=Fixed]Mewithoutyou

Yep. Anyone heard of them? They're actually kind of terrible, so don't.[/quote]

There. Much better.

[quote name='Jakehammaren']And I'm currently listening to:

"Something Not as Pretentious As Dream Theater" by Every Band That Isn't Dream Theater.[/Quote]

I love that song.

[quote name='jakehammaren'](Yes, that's right. I'm actually annoyed by a band's pretentiousness.)[/quote]

No, you're not. You're just annoyed that they're even more pretentious and overpostured than the entirety of the Norwegian BM scene. Probably even more so because they actually sell albums despite it all. Wow, even I'm pretty pissed by that.

[quote=jakehammaren]
[spoiler]I can't act like I'm 3 years of age. The fact that I don't listen to Coheed and Cambria is scientific proof that I am at [I]least[/I] as mentally developed as a 12-year-old.[/spoiler][/quote]

[spoiler]Oh, no, but didn't you hear? Apparently contradicting someone is typical behavior of a 3 year old. Who would've thought that expressing one's opinion could be so juvenile![/spoiler]