OtakuBoards

What Are You Listening To?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]I havn't listened to These Arms are Snakes in a while... I can't remember much about them except that I really liked the key sounds. So, obviously I'm not listening to them right now. :]

But I am listening to Shikari and Hiretzukan, both of which are...uh... some genre. But anyway, Shikari sounds like abunch of other bands but... I LIKE THEM. So ha. Most of what I've been listening to is live stuff, and then some recorded stuff. Such favorite tunes would be Robot Wars. Hiretzukan (if that is how their name is spelled) is just awesome. That chick (I hope it's a chick, it sounds like one and its name is Michelle) can throw out some vocals... Like.. a banshee. :] And it goes back and forth from punk stuff to even more chaotic stuff...

Both bands are kind of like pg. 99..

Also listening to Alesana, a pop-core band (post-hardcore whatever)... Alot of their stuff is like Bring Me The Horizon meets Chiodos meets mixed vocals and bad lyrics (ha. ha. ha.).. Most of it is like... THE NEW GLAM ROCK. They wear make-up and act all feminine (don't dress up as chicks though) and I really like it. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]So, Mann told me to listen to The Fall of Troy because (and this is what HE said NOT me) "they sound like coheed/the sound of animals fighting." Now, I thought for sure I'd go listen and ronounce it the first and last time I took advice from Mann but for SOME UNGODLY REASON I actually like this music. Its.... it's bewildering, but I really enjoy it...[/COLOR]

[font=arial][size=1]Yeah, they've seemed like something you'd like to me, as well. All of their stuff is good except for every single song on Manipulator. Stay the hell away from that album. XD

I was so happy when Fall of Troy's "FCPREMIX" got on Guitar Hero III, too bad no one who plays the game knows who they are.[/font][/size]

[quote name='Goodbye, Face'][font=arial][size=1]Yeah, they've seemed like something you'd like to me, as well. All of their stuff is good except for every single song on Manipulator. Stay the hell away from that album. XD

I was so happy when Fall of Troy's "FCPREMIX" got on Guitar Hero III, too bad no one who plays the game knows who they are.[/font][/size][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]lol, i think I remember seeing that, and thinking 'ewww screamo' and not buying it XD. Maybe I should. I've been listening to Mouths like Sidewinder missles like crazy, but next I'll give said song a try.

Oh my ****ing god, Mann. I need to bo buy Dopplegange, like, now.[/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial]Queen's greatest hits!! :D

Finally found a compilation that included Bohemian Rhapsody. Why that song was left out of every Queen hits album I saw was absolutely incomprehensible, but I have it now, so I am happy.

My friend, who fancies himself to be musically literate, was not aware that Queen wrote Fat Bottomed Girls, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, or Save Me. I was stunned and mildly offended. (Of course, he only listens to "songs with people singing". How eclectic. :p)[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Man, you need to go off and buy everything from them. It's all good. :D

I feel so elitist next to my friend Alex. I've bought every song on the game except for My Curse by Killswitch Engage just to mess with him (his musical interests are worse than mine)... That song by Fall of Troy was too hard for him. xD

But I guess talking about games is off-topic. So, I as well, have been listening to Fall of Troy lately, aha. And also, The Number 12 looks like you, as well. I'm highly anticapating their new album. Argh. They've snuck up on me with new songs on myspace...

I've also been listening to Circle Takes the Square.. Just because they're epic...

And Envy as well, trying to sit through an album... It's not that I don't like them, it's just... at times, not the most exciting music in the genre, lol.

Also been re-re-re-re listening to Demon Days by the Gorillaz. What a great album, am I right, DB? :D[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Whoa, Mann'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]And Envy as well, trying to sit through an album... It's not that I don't like them, it's just... at times, not the most exciting music in the genre, lol. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[font=arial][size=1]That's because Insomniac Doze isn't a hardcore record so much. They haven't been incredibly aggressive with their music for almost the past ten years. Heck, the vocalist does guest work for Mogwai albums. Unfortunately, all their albums from before Insomiac Doze seem to be out of print, I'm sure my copy of Dead Sinking Story is approaching eBay gold material. But I wouldn't worry about it too much, their old stuff isn't that impressive, it was their transitional material where they explored kind of a Planes Mistaken for Stars sound that really grabbed me.

Anyway, I definitely ganked the new Mars Volta record. I'll feel free to say it: this is the first Mars Volta album that I seriously enjoy listening to. There is no "let's start the album with 10 minutes of bull****," the first song springs right at you and what from what I've listened to, it doesn't get too pretentious. The "lame" parts of the songs only last for a minute or so. Also, the lyrics make sense. Great record, or GREATEST RECORD?[/font][/size]

[COLOR="1234"]Last week I got a new ILO MP3 from Wal*Mart. Well, I just found out, it comes with Windows Media Player 10! Im happier than a pig in ****.

Right now, I'm listening to [B]World so Cold by Mudvayne[/B]. My freind was going to give me a copy of[B] L.D. 50 [/B]today, but the bastard gave me a blank CD instead >_< Oh well, it's probably revenge for giving him ablank CD last year cause I thought it had One-X on it.

Yes, I'm lsitening to Mduvyane. They are actually pretty good, better than most of the other Nu-Metal out there at least. Can't wait til the new Dope album comes out though.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Goodbye, Face'][font=arial][size=1]That's because Insomniac Doze isn't a hardcore record so much. They haven't been incredibly aggressive with their music for almost the past ten years. Heck, the vocalist does guest work for Mogwai albums. Unfortunately, all their albums from before Insomiac Doze seem to be out of print, I'm sure my copy of Dead Sinking Story is approaching eBay gold material. But I wouldn't worry about it too much, their old stuff isn't that impressive, it was their transitional material where they explored kind of a Planes Mistaken for Stars sound that really grabbed me.

Anyway, I definitely ganked the new Mars Volta record. I'll feel free to say it: this is the first Mars Volta album that I seriously enjoy listening to. There is no "let's start the album with 10 minutes of bull****," the first song springs right at you and what from what I've listened to, it doesn't get too pretentious. The "lame" parts of the songs only last for a minute or so. Also, the lyrics make sense. Great record, or GREATEST RECORD?[/font][/size][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="HotPink"]I could've gotten Dead Sinking Story, because the place I order most of my CDs from have alot of stuff like that in print, but for the sake of being a noob to the band I just wanted to get their latest stuff first... I've never heard Mogwai, but I have listened to Melt- Banana (which really has no association with them as far as I know, other than being a J- rock band)... I wouldn't want to call them Math-rock or Mathcore, because I'm probably wrong, but they are good, indeed.

I've listened to the Mars Volta numerous times... but, never bought a full-length album aha.. But I will say I love their live shows. It's like their own little orchestra of jazz guys running around on stage. I find some of their stuff to just be... Boring. I will have to get a few songs (which may end up being like thirty minutes of stuff, considering how long their songs are..) off the album and give them a test listen.

What's the name of the album?

Anyway, what I'm listening to right now is one of my favorite albums of all time. The Devil and God are Raging inside of me by Brand New. It's better (to me) than Deja Entendu, and has alot more feeling, and emotion. Perhaps one of you guys would liek this band... being a bit of different style of alternative music, but ultimately, just a really good band. Creative too. :] It's kind of old-ish, but if you don't have it, you should go buy it...

Maybe even Kevin here would like it?[/COLOR]

[quote name='Whoa, Mann'][COLOR="HotPink"]
Maybe even Kevin here would like it?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[font=arial][size=1]Yes, I own it. It's awesome, haven't listened to it in a month or so however. I missed a chance to see Brand New live a while ago, that was kind of lame of me. Unless I'm in the right mood for listening to the band as a whole, I'm only into "Sowing Season" off the new record. Deja Etendu had a lot more just plain fun songs. Devil and God etc. gets just a little too sad.

Also, I just can't see you seriously liking Melt Banana, I like their music until the vocals kick in, I know it part of their aesthetic and they really like sounding like that, but I just can't bring myself to enjoy it. Their new cd is a lot of straight-forward and punk, where the others were just really noisy.

And TMV's upcoming CD is The Bedlam in Goliath. It comes out at the end of them month. I've been listening to it more and more and I've basically decided that the only track that really attract my attention are "Goliath" (for the last half of it) and "Cavalettas." The latter is really cool because of how they play a verse and then the beat breaks down and they start all over with something else added to it. It's really hard to explain, but you'll know it and love it once you hear it.[/font][/size]

[COLOR="1234"]Lately, I've been listening to some good sogns. A very good song that I'm getting addicted to is The End Complete V: On the Brink by, you guessed it, Coheed and Cambria. It's one of [B]THE [/B]most epic Co&Ca songs, it's beautiful and epic beyoned my comprehension.[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][CENTER][B]Now:[/B] D.A.N.C.E.
[B]Artist:[/B] Justice
[B]Album:[/B] ?[/CENTER]

For some reason, the structure of the song makes it feel more like something from a disco, and not from a pair of dance punk djs. It also invokes a sense of nostalgia, back to a time when music was actually [B][I][U] GOOD[/B][/I][/U] before the repetitive rap songs and emo pop music classified as "rock" music, only downside to the tune is it's got alot of MJ references.[/SIZE]

[B]Days Away[/B]

They're pretty good. They're an indie/experimental rock band from somewhere up north. (I forgot) They sound like a cross between Jimmy Eat World and some other harder rock band, (I haven't quite figured that out yet) Only they're better.

[quote name='Darren'][B]Days Away[/B]

They're pretty good. They're an indie/experimental rock band from somewhere up north. (I forgot) They sound like a cross between Jimmy Eat World and some other harder rock band, (I haven't quite figured that out yet) Only they're better.[/QUOTE]
[font=arial][size=1]WINNER RIGHT HERE. This definitely makes up for loving mewithoutYou. Days Away is amazing. I saw them live with Circa Survive about two years ago, I was really blown away but my friend fell asleep on one of the venue's couches. If you're a big fan of the singer, he does most of the vocals in "This Heat" by The Sound of Animals Fighting. It's an awesome song.

As for what I'm listening to, I've finally gotten unbored of North of America (I know you don't know who they are, so [URL="http://www.myspace.com/northofamericaband"]CLICK THIS)[/URL]. They're a math rock band that is virtually unknown by the entire world but at the same time inspired numerous bands that are more well-known such as Cinemechanica. They have four full-length albums and one solid EP (there's probably other stuff but I can't find info on it anywhere), but their last two albums are their greatest work. The guitarists also sing and duel constantly with both their voice and guitars. It's a wonder how they write their songs, picking apart each of their instruments, it sounds weird and offbeat but when you put it together it works. Love.[/font][/size]

Right now I'm listening to [URL="http://rach877.vox.com/library/audio/6a00e398d4faa3000100e398d5abae0001.html"][U]Gypsy Tango[/U][/URL] by Gary A. Edwards. I didn't see a clip over at youtube that I liked so I uploaded one to my Vox account. Anyway, I've played the cello part for this but the music I've linked to is actually a version of the Gypsy Tango arranged by accomplished touring pianist Scott Mayfield. It's a fun lively piece to play and to listen to.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Right now I'm listening to [URL="http://rach877.vox.com/library/audio/6a00e398d4faa3000100e398d5abae0001.html"][U]Gypsy Tango[/U][/URL] by Gary A. Edwards. I didn't see a clip over at youtube that I liked so I uploaded one to my Vox account. Anyway, I've played the cello part for this but the music I've linked to is actually a version of the Gypsy Tango arranged by accomplished touring pianist Scott Mayfield. It's a fun lively piece to play and to listen to.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]That song is pretty and reminds me of something that would have been the BGM on a Pico game, yes I had Pico when I was a kid. That's not what's important right now, though, ihad no idea you had a blog!!![/COLOR]

[quote name='2008DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]That song is pretty and reminds me of something that would have been the BGM on a Pico game, yes I had Pico when I was a kid. That's not what's important right now, though, ihad no idea you had a blog!!![/COLOR][/QUOTE]I've only had it for two days... >_> Beth about smacked me upside the head and told me to join since she has one there too. XP But yeah, I'm not sure what I'll do with it yet. Maybe I'll do stuff on music I really like or something. :catgirl:

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Oddly enough, I actually discovered a band from the little 'noteworthy bands' column in Revolver - a doom-metal outfit called [url=http://www.myspace.com/orthodoxband]Orthodox[/url] who are pretty cool. The way their music and vocals mix is very cool and they manage to be dark and doom without being too dark as is the case I find with a lot of doom-metal bands (I mean, that's the genre after all.) Pretty kickass. And yes, they were actually in the metal archives XD[/COLOR]