OtakuBoards

What Are You Listening To?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='2008DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"] That's not what's important right now, though, ihad no idea you had a blog!!![/COLOR][/QUOTE]He's not the only one Beth got to join. lol Also since doing this sort of thing is fun... Check this out: [URL="http://sunfalle.vox.com/library/video/6a00e398cc45e1000200e398d358510005.html"][U]Dust In The Wind[/U][/URL] Apparently he taught himself to play guitar as a hobby. I had never really listened to this group until he did that and I have to admit that I actually like it. Enough that I pestered him for a copy so I could add it to my play list on my computer. Heh.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]"Ilyena" by [B]The Mars Volta[/B]. So catchy, so amazing. The new drummer, Thomas Pridgen, makes this song.

Their new album, [I]The Bedlam in Goliath [/I]leaked last week, and it is everything I wanted it to be. Incredibly epic, challenging, relentless, and a sound reminiscent of all 3 previous albums rolled together.

2008DB, get on that **** now![/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][b]Christina Aguilera ~ Voice Within
Pendulum ~ Granite
Pendulum ~ Hold Your Colour
M.O.P. ~ Cold As Ice
M.O.P. ~ Ante Up
Kosheen ~ Catch[/b]

This is the rather short playlist i'm listening to at the moment. Lol. I shouldn't listen to dance music at 4.30am XD This tunes always keep me upbeat and awake =P

[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=1][CENTER][B] Now:[/B] Neon Knights
[B] Artist:[/B] MSTRKRFT[/CENTER]

In reality this tune is almost six minutes of rolling and scratch, but if you listen to it with the right mindset and with the right people, it goes from boring to mosh worthy right after the second break down. This tune has alot of energy and potential behind it, every time I listen to the song, I seriously want to start a mosh pit with whoever I'm with or where ever I am, it also keeps my spirits on the high noted end and the energy of the song flows through my body, which keeps me awake and hyper.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Billy Shears'][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]"Ilyena" by [B]The Mars Volta[/B]. So catchy, so amazing. The new drummer, Thomas Pridgen, makes this song.

Their new album, [I]The Bedlam in Goliath [/I]leaked last week, and it is everything I wanted it to be. Incredibly epic, challenging, relentless, and a sound reminiscent of all 3 previous albums rolled together.

2008DB, get on that **** now![/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]There's no ****ing way I'm DLing it. As a purist TMV fan, I feel like it's dishonorable to not eait for the album release. I want the glory of listening to it the day it omes out and ejaculating all over everything in the world.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Right now I'm listening to [URL="http://rach877.vox.com/library/audio/6a00e398d4faa3000100e398d5abae0001.html"][U]Gypsy Tango[/U][/URL] by Gary A. Edwards. I didn't see a clip over at youtube that I liked so I uploaded one to my Vox account. Anyway, I've played the cello part for this but the music I've linked to is actually a version of the Gypsy Tango arranged by accomplished touring pianist Scott Mayfield. It's a fun lively piece to play and to listen to.[/QUOTE]Goodness, that's a fun piece. I'm going to have to hunt down a copy of the music to this so I can play it. It's wonderfully fun and as you said quite lively. And of course it's now what I'm listening too. :catgirl: Oh! Wait a second! It's the same music that's in your signature! Even if I can't play the Cello I can still read it just the same. Fun!

[quote name='Aaryanna_Mom']Goodness, that's a fun piece. I'm going to have to hunt down a copy of the music to this so I can play it. It's wonderfully fun and as you said quite lively. And of course it's now what I'm listening too. :catgirl: Oh! Wait a second! It's the same music that's in your signature! Even if I can't play the Cello I can still read it just the same. Fun![/QUOTE]You are correct, it is the same music, even if what I linked to is the piano arrangement and not Gypsy Tango for String Trio, which is what is in my signature. I don't have a full recording of it or rather I don't know where it is. All I have is a short three minute clip of the String Trio version. XP But the piano arrangement is rather fun so I uploaded it instead.

Anyway, I'm currently listening to the soundtrack to Kingdom Hearts. Even though I never finished the first game I still like the music to it. [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySk1UCUV4bo"][U]Kingdom Hearts[/U][/URL] I find it amusing that I like the music more than I actually like the game.

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Listening to [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2spZ-NDfS4]High as ****[/url] which is a funny-*** youtube song. My favorite part is where he says 'You find yourself on a chicken farm, only the chickens have human arms, and you say 'that's fuced up why do the chickens have human arms'".[/COLOR]

[quote name='Goodbye, Face'][font=arial][size=1]Yes, I own it. It's awesome, haven't listened to it in a month or so however. I missed a chance to see Brand New live a while ago, that was kind of lame of me. Unless I'm in the right mood for listening to the band as a whole, I'm only into "Sowing Season" off the new record. Deja Etendu had a lot more just plain fun songs. Devil and God etc. gets just a little too sad.

Also, I just can't see you seriously liking Melt Banana, I like their music until the vocals kick in, I know it part of their aesthetic and they really like sounding like that, but I just can't bring myself to enjoy it. Their new cd is a lot of straight-forward and punk, where the others were just really noisy.

And TMV's upcoming CD is The Bedlam in Goliath. It comes out at the end of them month. I've been listening to it more and more and I've basically decided that the only track that really attract my attention are "Goliath" (for the last half of it) and "Cavalettas." The latter is really cool because of how they play a verse and then the beat breaks down and they start all over with something else added to it. It's really hard to explain, but you'll know it and love it once you hear it.[/font][/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]It's a nice style change, though. The whole sad thing, and Deja entendu seems to me like something you would listen to riding round with abunch of teenage buddies of yours. The Sowing Season is an amazing song, one of my favorites, but I usually listen to the album in full when I listen to it... I don't like Deja Entendu as much as I once did, however, my tastes change, I guess...

And Melt- Banana is effin awesome because of the noise! :] Chaos. Chaoooss. I love it. Crap flying everywhere. Tis nice.

But for some reason. I don't like Calm Song by pg. 99. Noise is awesome. But I can't tell wtf is going on at all in that song. Goodbye Face is one of the better chaotic songs, but I enjoy their punk-ish stuff alot better than the chaotic stuff.

As for Mars Volta... I'm pretty excited about the reviews I've seen and the previews I've heard. This album. I want it.

I also have been listening to Me and Him Call it Us. Now, that is good chaos! :D Well written chaos at that. And also. HeavyHeavyLowLow. Not so much like Norma Jean as people were describing them to me. But Everyone's Watched, Everyone's Watching is one of my favorite albums now. Great stuff. I may also get Loss by Me And Him Call it Us.

Recommendations, Kevin?

And DigiBoy, you just earned five cool points for saying that line about downloading music. Respect there, brethren.

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Whoa, Mann'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]
And DigiBoy, you just earned five cool points for saying that line about downloading music. Respect there, brethren.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Oh no, I download music plenty of times. I avoid popular stuff and try to only DL stuf I can't find, but yeah, I even had a few songs froom the album when they were leaked way back. I just want to wait because this is a special release. I want the dramatic epicness of it.[/COLOR]

[B]Climax Jump Den-Liner Version by Seki Toshihiko, Koji Yusa, Masaki Terasoma and Ken'ichi Suzumura[/B]

I have been listening to this song since yesterday and kept on repating this song the whole day! The song is great after the original Climax Jump by AAA-Den-O Form especially the part where Ryuutaros (Ken'ichi Suzumura) rapped!

[quote name='Whoa, Mann'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]And Melt- Banana is effin awesome because of the noise! :] Chaos. Chaoooss. I love it. Crap flying everywhere. Tis nice. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[font=arial][size=1]I cried.[/font][/size]

[quote][SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]But for some reason. I don't like Calm Song by pg. 99. Noise is awesome. But I can't tell wtf is going on at all in that song. Goodbye Face is one of the better chaotic songs, but I enjoy their punk-ish stuff alot better than the chaotic stuff.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[font=arial][size=1]I understand completely, I don't really like the music itself but the lyrics are good (look them up!). I really know nothing about Document #13 except that it was their last recording, it also was the record that got Circle Takes the Square noticed, from the sound of things (those two songs on it were their most experimental at the time, their demo sounded like every other emo band out there).[/font][/size]

[quote][SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]I also have been listening to Me and Him Call it Us. Now, that is good chaos! :D Well written chaos at that. And also. HeavyHeavyLowLow. Not so much like Norma Jean as people were describing them to me. But Everyone's Watched, Everyone's Watching is one of my favorite albums now. Great stuff. I may also get Loss by Me And Him Call it Us.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[font=arial][size=1]Loss is a terrific album (if you're into that sort of thing, if not, it will make you faint). I regard it as somewhere in the top three angriest albums I own. It's surprisingly hard to judge anger in a band.

Norma Jean is a strange comparison for HHLL but I guess it kind of works. They're more like Art Damage-era Fear Before the March of Flames. It's a shame that one of their vocalists left the band before Everything's Watched... I tend to like **** It?! a lot more because of it. In fact, see if you can find the song "Tragic Tragic Track Jacket" off of it. Good stuff.[/font][/size]

[quote][SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Recommendations, Kevin?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[font=arial][size=1]I'm not recommending anything after that Melt-Banana comment. Nooooo.

Yeah, I'm still rockin' out to the new Mars Volta album, DigitalBoy is just a wuss who has to take the time to PREPARE HIMSELF before listening to this. Billy Shears and I are mathrock-hardened vets who can take anything some whiny, poofy-haired, pretentious musicians can throw at us.

Speaking of leaks, that new Protest the Hero album is excellent, too bad Jake isn't around anymore to tell me how much he hates them. The story that made Kezia feel so epic is gone and now the music makes everything feel epic. If you've heard Kezia, I can tell you something you didn't hear, THE BASS. It's fixed, the bass guitar is overpowering at times and it's totally a good thing. Arif is a talented bass player and it's good to see him get his chance. The only thing I'm not too sure about is that all the hammer-ons/pull-offs the guitarists warp into solos make all their riffs sound the same. Throughout the entire cd you're hearing the same licks thrown at you. But I think The Bedlam in Goliath is pretty repetitive too. Maybe it's just me.[/font][/size]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Heee...I'm listening to old some old stuff.

[B]Billy Idol- Rebel Yell[/B]. I found out why people liked Billy Idol so much, and this song is very catchy.

[B]Dead Or Alive- Turn Around and Count 2 Ten[/B]. They were popular in the 80s, but it's a shame what happened to Pete Burns. The dude used to be so cool to me, but now......:animesigh[/FONT]

[quote name='2008DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Oh no, I download music plenty of times. I avoid popular stuff and try to only DL stuf I can't find, but yeah, I even had a few songs froom the album when they were leaked way back. I just want to wait because this is a special release. I want the dramatic epicness of it.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Yes, I know. And that earned you five cool points. Live with it.

And... today I started the day off with some I Would Set Myself on Fire For You's album Believes in Patterns. Beautiful stuff, alot of jazz, alot of instrumental bits... Some parts bore me, but I really like Twelve, Three, Six, Seven, So This is Our Home Now, and Nine. Those are nice songs. Later on today, I listened to pmtoday. A local band, that's very near famous, and has an awesome new album out. They're for postrock fans, like that of Circa Survive. And recently, right now that is, I'm listening to Fur Elise, which features one of my favorite singers, Lindsey, from Iwouldetc. It's cool, but it's not iwouldetc. Sigh.

DB, listen to I would set myself on fire for you. If you like pretty viola, alot of acoustic jazz guitar, and sweet harsh vocals mixed in with pretty melodic female vocals.. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[font=arial][size=1]Circa Survive isn't anything close to post-rock. They took Q but not U's drumming style and added guitar influences that sound more like space rock. If you use the term space rock, I will kill you, Nomura. Also, post-rock uuuuusually doesn't have singing, if it does, then it's normally not actual words (like about half of Sigur Ros' stuff).

Also, I have a sneaking suspicion that DigitalBoy would hate iwouldetc.'s vocals and immediately pass them off as garbage if he were to listen to them. I also can't bring myself to listen to Fur Elise, it's ridiculously depressing music.[/font][/size]

[QUOTE]Also, I have a sneaking suspicion that DigitalBoy would hate iwouldetc.'s vocals and immediately pass them off as garbage if he were to listen to them. [/QUOTE]
I did that at first. Then I came back and now I like them...well some of their songs.

[QUOTE]I also can't bring myself to listen to Fur Elise, it's ridiculously depressing music.[/QUOTE]
I Like Beethovens 7th much better.

[B]
Cat Power-Free[/B]
Nice stuff. Feels like soul music mixed with Grunge.

[COLOR="HotPink"][SIZE="1"]major fail?

Ah, but Gospel has alot of post-rock shiz, right? And, really, do vocals matter in iwouldetc.? The music is really good. Anyway, today I just so happened to finish the Gospel cd twice... once before classes, and once as soon as I got home. The drums are so refreshing, and the guitars and vocals carry a nice ambient sound... or something kind of.. mesmerizing? The techno "psychadelic" sounds add greatness to it as well, and the instrumental parts are great.

I also finished the day off with some good old pop rock. Some of you may be familiar with "Dear Diary, My Teenage Angst Has A Body Count" by From First to Last. Finished that album off today as well, though it's less sophisticated and more mainstream sound than Heroine, I like it more.

BAM![/SIZE][/COLOR]