OtakuBoards

What Are You Listening To?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[quote name='Panache']Eminem/DMX/Obie Trice
[B]Go to sleep *****[/B]

Man this is some mean ****.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="HotPink"][SIZE="1"]...Well, at least it wasn't 50 cent...

As far as rap goes, I listen to the kick-A rap... not some of the poser crap.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]Mince Meat- Danger Doom[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]Good rap.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE]As far as rap goes, I listen to the kick-A rap... not some of the poser crap. [/QUOTE] Eminem isn't poser rap...wtf? Just because his records sell he's instantly a poser? Unless you were just talking about 50 cent then sure he sucks ***.

[B]Common-Be[/B]

Soulful beautiful poetry from an amazing thinker.

[quote name='Panache']Eminem isn't poser rap...wtf? Just because his records sell he's instantly a poser? Unless you were just talking about 50 cent then sure he sucks ***.

[B]Common-Be[/B]

Soulful beautiful poetry from an amazing thinker.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="hotPink"]I wasn't referring to either actually, just poser rap in general, but yes 50 cent is not an OG. Nor will he ever be in my mind.

Common and Kayne West are among my top two favorite of the pop-rap type stuff... Quite nice. :]

I don't know what to make of Kayne's new album... I like alot of it, some parts I don't, Common never did me wrong however.
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[QUOTE]Common and Kayne West are among my top two favorite of the pop-rap type stuff... Quite nice. :]

I don't know what to make of Kayne's new album... I like alot of it, some parts I don't, Common never did me wrong however. [/QUOTE]

Isn't Pop Rap Redundant? I thought Rap was like..pop hip hop. I thought that was the definition.

Anyway I like some of Kanye's Stuff and other stuff I don't. I prefer Mos Def to him by far. He takes some of the clever wordplay of Talib Kweli and some of the Aggression of Eminem and then spins it in his own little way.

But Eminem is my favorite rapper shortly followed by Common and Mos Def.

So it irks me if people say negative stuff about them...especially if it isn't true.(That was a general proclamation since you actually weren't talking about Eminem)

[font=arial][size=1]You have to learn to ignore when Nomura makes a mockery of your favorite musicians. I chewed him out about his whole paragraph about Gospel over PM, it was fun.

We Versus the Shark Has been putting up a ridiculous amount of new stuff on their MySpace these past few days. They're a truly exciting and unique band, definitely my favorite band to see live...it's just really hard to understand what's going on under all the chaos. It's nice to finally hear my favorite song of theirs recorded, "I am a Caffeinated Corpse." ([url]http://myspace.com/weversustheshark[/url]) Go go go![/font][/size]

Well I found out this one good lookin chick really liked electronica. So I got off my *** and decided to check out pendulum somore. Now I am somehow listening to Cell dweller...

So yea today was fail.

Just now I gave up on looking up electronica and now I am listening to [B]We Versus the Shark[/B]. Pretty much just because Face put up a link...

They aren't half bad. Not something I would listen to on the daily but they are OK.

[quote name='Panache']Isn't Pop Rap Redundant? I thought Rap was like..pop hip hop. I thought that was the definition.

Anyway I like some of Kanye's Stuff and other stuff I don't. I prefer Mos Def to him by far. He takes some of the clever wordplay of Talib Kweli and some of the Aggression of Eminem and then spins it in his own little way.

But Eminem is my favorite rapper shortly followed by Common and Mos Def.

So it irks me if people say negative stuff about them...especially if it isn't true.(That was a general proclamation since you actually weren't talking about Eminem)[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]I like Eninem alot as well.. Not so much Mos Def. I like Eninem's sad-ish stuff alot, and then a few of his aggressive tunes.. I just can't listen to a full album from him.. The only close-to-electronica whatever musician I listen to is Lady Sovereign.

Lady Sovereign is another of my favorite rap/hip-hop/singer ladiez. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Nice song Rachmaninoff! I love all kinds of piano works... I can't play so well, but I really enjoy it.. Violins, Cellos, Violas and Pianos are the four instruments I love hearing music like this, and other kinds too, like Jazz....

Ghosts Over Japan- From A Second Story Window

What an unpredictable song... everything by this band is so DEATHCORE-ish! And this song was a beautiful piano track song with nice clean vocals... I love it.

But what I've been listening to for the past three days, over and over aain is definitely Heavy Heavy Low Low. I love this band...Such original metalcore. They have style, sweet dual guitar and vocals. Fast songs, time sig changes... They keep me interested. And to end it all, with what seems to be an improv acoustic version of There's A Bat... involving a few nice phrases "If it's not a f**king bat, I'm a mother f**king sonovab***********chhh."

lol. MILK ITS![/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][CENTER][B]Now:[/B] Maps
[B]Artist:[/B] The Yeah Yeah Yeahs
[B]Album:[/B] Fever To Tell / The Rock Band Soundtrack[/CENTER]

I know it's one of the easiest songs in the game to play, but I think it's the most addicting song in the game, especially when I play the bridge sections, I feel invincible, the tremolo effect at the beginning of the song reminds me of [B][U] The Pioneers[/B][/U] by [B][U] Bloc Party[/B][/U]. Which makes me wonder, are the YYYs british?[/SIZE]

I'm back to listening to one of my only Metal Albums again.[B] Nightwish[/B]. Though I only listen to the instrumental versions. In this case I'm currently listening to this song: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=May7Wt58cRM"][U][B]Nightwish-Sahara (Instrumental)[/B][/U][/URL] The longer I have this album, the more I enjoy it. Well the instrumental disk that is. XP

So I've Been listening to [B]Electric Wizards[/B] [B]Devils Bride[/B] for a while. After a bit it gets really depressing but the song itself is great. EW is probably my favorite metal band as of now.

I've also been listening to[B] Pour Some Urine On Me[/B] from [B]Dog Fashion Disco[/B]. I thought it would mock the craptastic Pour Some Sugar On Me but it didn't. It was a really good song though.

[font=arial][size=1]This is either really out of character or really in character, I'm not too sure, but I finally started liking Genghis Tron today. A little too much of their band is "fake" but they pull it off very well. Their new record comes out in like five minutes but of course it leaked weeks ago. It's really good. If you like Converge or The Dillinger Escape Plan, you'll probably like this.[/font][/size]

After Jake told me that he thought I was listening to mathcore for the wrong reasons I really had a desire to listen to more mathcore. Then I realized...I don't exactly know what mathcore sounds like.

So basically I am asking...

Is Ion Dissonance and Sikth Mathcore? Because I have been listening to them...