OtakuBoards

What Are You Listening To?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="hotPink"]Fair enough. But I don't really find it silly at all, that I say #12 is a deathcore infulenced band... Considering deathcore is made up of mostly made up of high pitched vocals, and death metal vocals, along with chugga chugga breakdowns and grindcore tempos, and sometimes, thrash melodies. #12 just added math, it seems, after their "Put On Your Rosy Red Glasses" EP.

This is funny, that The Chariot is not considered noisecore. However, in all honesty, everyone down here calls The Chariot noisecore. Christian kids. Darnit.

And good job, Claire! Godspeed You! Black Emperor is an amazing project... though I only have a few songs, (typical that I can't find their music in my local record store.)

Right now I'm listening to Chris Loggins, aka Hokie. This guy is pretty cool, making a mix between (sorry if anyone would even have to disagree with these genres, but they seem simple enough) county and blues... Everyone should look him up on myspace, or whatever. He's good if you ever just wanna mellow out. He's got a nice band behind him, acoustic stuff, blues solos, some cello and choir vox, etc.[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]

[FONT="Arial"]If you're going to insist on talking about genres, then do it nicely. No name-calling, no insults. Do not get overheated and lose control. Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

If anyone has another outburst (ahem, Hunter), I'm going to have to step in for real. Play nice, please.[/FONT]

[quote name='Clurr'][FONT="Arial"]If you're going to insist on talking about genres, then do it nicely. No name-calling, no insults. Do not get overheated and lose control. Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

If anyone has another outburst (ahem, Hunter), I'm going to have to step in for real. Play nice, please.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="hotPink"]A little late there?

Does anyone have the feeling that when The Chariot's vocalist got kicked out off Norma Jean, he took a little bit of their style, and contributed to his latter band, but obviously just added more speed, and slower breakdowns?

So, right now I'm just cruisin through iTunes. Listening to bands like Japanther, The Locust, Drive Like Jehu, Test Icicles, Boredoms and Melt-Banana (I actually found two J-rock bands that sound similiar! yayyy)... some of these guys are pretty noisey. I give alot of props to Japanther, for being a two man band with skills.. I suggest anyone that likes noisey, sometimes mathy crap, try and listen to the bands as listed.

However, currently, I'm just listening to For Screening Purposes Only, by Test Icicles.

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Right now I'm listening to [I]Slanted and Enchanted[/I] by Pavement. It's a pretty great record, but it doesn't really embody the things I think made Pavement so great as much as their later albums. It's definitely a precursor to the rest of their discography, and shows that the band was still hanging onto their influences more than they would be later.

[quote name='Whoa, Mann'][SIZE=1][COLOR=hotPink]I give alot of props to Japanther, for being a two man band with skills.. I suggest anyone that likes noisey, sometimes mathy crap, try and listen to the bands as listed.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote] Turn Japanther off.

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Clurr'][FONT="Arial"]If you're going to insist on talking about genres, then do it nicely. No name-calling, no insults. Do not get overheated and lose control. Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

If anyone has another outburst (ahem, Hunter), I'm going to have to step in for real. Play nice, please.[/FONT][/QUOTE]Seems no one is listening to you Clurr... *sigh*

I'm going to put it simply, now that I've gone and edited and removed posts that were nothing more than an argument over genre and your music sucks, I'm going to remind everyone yet again. BEHAVE! The next offender gets a week vacation from OB via a temp ban. No arguments. You got warned when the metal thread was closed, you got warned earlier by myself and now by Clurr. [B]No more warnings. [/B]

Grow up and stop with this[I] I'm right - you're wrong[/I] nonsense. It's not that hard to respond to the thread with [I]what you are listening to[/I] without the other stuff tacked into your posts. [/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]I prefer Radiohead over Tool. Simply because, I feel Radiohead just has good sometimes simple and mellow music, that I can relate to, and Tool sometimes has darker sounds, and yet, I still find these bands to be similar.

Yesterday, I listened to The Wall, Dark Side of the Moon, Meddle, and a few songs off of The Piper at the Gates of Dawn by Pink Floyd. Out of all of these, I feel Meddle is my favorite. Most of their albums are just mellowed out as can be, and just make you feel happy, gliding along clouds, and some times, depress you. These four albums would be the only four I have by the band, and while it's kind of depressing that they were before my time (along with Genesis, who I happen to prefer over Pink Floyd) at least you can still find their music around here.

Right now, however, I'm listening to a band I'd assume no one here likes, since they're a mainstream suckcore, scene extravaganza. I'm listening to [B]Beloved,[/B] an act that spurred up bands like He is Legend (Beloved is better than He is Legend by my book). Failure On is an amazing CD, though the guitars are simple, and feature riffs that alot of bands today would bend and play around with, the songs are written so well.

Anyone that wants a raunchy southern-esque sound, with a few slower, soft sung bits, and some chugga chugga, breakdowns, and quite a few screamed vocals... Listen to Beloved.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

For the past couple months I've been listening to nothing but thrash and crust. One band that has stuck out among all others is [b]Hellbastard[/b]. I just got the LP "Heading For Internal Darkness"
It's all semi-old fuzzy stuff but I love it.
The song [i]they brought death[/i] has been stuck on me for awhile. It's got a bit of a jumpy grind sound that's addictive.

After watching the movie [B]Newsies[/B], I went and got a copy of the soundtrack to it, so currently I'm listening to the song [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnfK7-aOv0w"][U][B]Seize The Day[/B][/U][/URL] Not only is the song fun, but so is the movie. I highly recommend both. For a musical it's well done and the songs are catchy and memorable. So far, there isn't a single song for this that I don't like.

[SIZE=1][CENTER][B] Now:[/B] Ready For The Floor [The [SPOILER] *************[/SPOILER] Rave Is Over Remix]
[B] Artist:[/B] Hot Chip Vs. The Outfit
[B] Album:[/B] The Download EP[/CENTER]

This track is about eight minutes long, and draws alot of comparision to the new LCD Soundsytem song, Us V. Them, it's got that [B][I]I'm-spending-a-day-at-the-D1GP-feeling[/B][/I], but it's not as lighthearted as Us V. Them, which is more suited towards, more formal racing events.

It's got that optimistic/alternative rave feeling to it, the drums and screaming synths are the driving force behind the track when it picks up at the 1min37sec mark, the parts before and after remind me of, the warmup sessions and the victory lap, respectively. The middle of the track is just like when the drivers just tear the course up, with those massive drift chains, and the cheering that ensues.[/SIZE]

I am listening to a Machine Made God and Days Away Medley. It's the closest thing I have to listening to the Fastest Kid in 5th Grade(since I have heard the songs they have up now like 100 times each).

I actually started t get a headache due to the change in volumes so I had to turn it off. Was fun while is lasted.

[quote name='Panache']Uh what does that mean?[/QUOTE]

It means:

"Stronger feelings, stronger power
I'll tell you this I'm strong!"

Hope that answers your question ;)

Currently listening to Double Action Rod Form, the song is more upbeat than the other Double Action Forms but most of them are great!

Well since I just got done answering a question, this is now what I'm listening too. It's such a beautiful piece: [B]Nocturne No. 2 in E-Flat Minor, Op. 9 No.2[/B] by [B]Chopin[/B]. [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvxS_bJ0yOU"][U]Music[/U][/URL] Chopin is just so beautifully serene to listen to. It's perfect for when you want something that's totally soothing.

I am currently listening to:
Ladyflash by The Go! Team

Thunder, Lighting, Strike is pretty much an album I can never get tired of. This song, like any other Go! Team songs, make me feel elevated. Chi Fukami Taylor's drum work is fantastic (I have no idea if there are two drums in this song since they use two drumkits on live performances). There's so many elements to this song that are hard for me to describe, but I love it.

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]A lot of Rammstein and Korn, that kind of thing.
But also, bands like The Number Twelve Looks Like You, HeavyHeavyLowLow, Dr Acula, etc.
And also Alanis Morissette.
And Rap en Français.
Mixed up person, I am.
[/FONT][/COLOR]