OtakuBoards

What Are You Listening To?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[color=darkred][size=1]

One of my new favorite songs is "The Air That I Breathe" by the Boston Metalcore band [b]All That Remains[/b].

Here's the video [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG9qlKEyV4E"]here.[/URL]

Really, just an awesome song. Great lyrics, instrumentation, and the vocalist kicks it just right for me to feel it. Not to whiney, not to high pitched, not to cookie-monster. Just right. I love this band.[/color][/size]

[SIZE=1][CENTER][B] Now:[/B] The Black Cat
[B] Artist:[/B] Ladytron
[B] Album:[/B] Velocifero[/CENTER]

the album doesnt come out til this summer, but this teaser track has me dancing, and the pounding drums combined with the Hungarian lyrics and gothic synths, reminds me why I turned to electro, it also kinda brings back nostalgic feelings of [B][U] The Matrix[/B][/U] for some reason.

I'm hoping that the fourth album will be as high in energy, in a moody way, like [B][U] Witching Hour[/B][/U], before it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Right now I'm listening to [B]Neurosonic's So Many People[/B], whichis a hilarious exploit of...lol... Ashlee Simpson. It's a bit hip-hopish in the way that it's beat, and the singer sort of raps. Anyways, it's about Ashlee Simpson and its easy to tell. lol the best lyrics [B]"Practce wasn't on the list. Clearly talent doens't exist, maybe Joe can buy you a set of bigger tits. Apologize to the world and admit that you were wrong who's dick did you have to suck to get the #1 song?"[/B]

And the obvious finger-pointer to Ashley are the lyrics 'so what would you know about how your song goes?'

That's making fun of her SNL performance, and hell it even mentions it in the beginning of the song.

First time I saw those lyrics, I couldn't stop laughing. Anyways, Neurosonic is signed to bodog music, and they seem to have good bands under their belt.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Right now I have [B]VIVALDI: Four Seasons[/B] playing, here's a clip of the Spring section of this piece: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSw7CcAXPWk"][U]Spring[/U][/URL] Basically The Four Seasons (Le quattro stagioni) is a set of four violin concertos by Antonio Vivaldi. Composed in 1723, The Four Seasons is Vivaldi's best-known work, and is among the most popular pieces of Baroque music. If you go and listen to the link, chances are you'll recognize it and believe me, the violin concertos are just fantastic to listen to.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Right now I'm listening to [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl-HM_38YYg"][U]Rachmaninoff plays Chopin Ballade No. 3[/U][/URL] Something I blame on Rach. He posted a bit on the second piano concerto by Sergei Rachmaninoff at his site and it had a video of the composer himself playing it. >_>

Since then I've been listening to clips over at youtube with songs recorded back in the 1920's of Sergei Rachmaninoff performing different works. Even with the poor quality due to when it was recorded, it's still obvious how talented he was. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Right now I'm listening to [B]Kill the Switch [/B]by [B]Circle Takes the Square[/B], they are a sweet Mathcore band, I think they're mathcore anyways, but yeah epoicness. The song is so fast and the screams are amazing. I love the song.

I also have [B]94 Days [/B]by [B]As I Lay Dying[/B], which is almost as cool. Other songs I got off projectplaylist: [B]The Bird and the Worm [/B]by [B]The Used [/B]and [B]Cry for Eternity [/B]by [B]Dragonforce [/B]which are also really good songs.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT="Arial"]I'm listening to "Astral Romance" by Nightwish.

Right now I'm burning with excitement because I just found out that they're coming to my MOST FAVORITE venue ever this September. Oh. my. christ. I'm going and no one can stop me.[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]And you're not telling us about it?

Not fair, Clurr. Not fair.[/FONT][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Arial"]
Not telling you about what? D:

I would be ten times as excited if Tarja was still in the band, but if that was the case then they would probably not even be coming near the US. Or they would just cancel the concert.

They were supposed to play down here when I was obsessed with then in the eighth grade. My friend bought a ticket but the show ended up being cancelled. Booo.[/FONT]

[SIZE=2][U]Eighteen[/U] by Alice Cooper

[SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Navy]This is such a trippy song.
And if you've ever seen the video, you know he's completely, totally ****** up to the point of not being able to stand while singing. Oops I said ****. ****, not again.

Okay, sorry. That was totally uncalled for.
[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Details, details!! >_< When, where, what venue; you know, for us lazy people who don't check their site.

:([/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Arial"]The one I plan on going to happens September 21 at Jannus Landing in St. Petersburg, FL. I don't think they're planning on going to places where any of the OB-sessors are, though...here's the website, so check for yourself: [url]http://nightwish.com/en/live[/url]

I'm listening to "Amaranth" by Nightwish now. It grew on me really really fast, haha. I'll have to try to get Dark Passion Play sometime.[/FONT]

I just found out that this song existed today, it's called Perfect Enemy by Tatu! It's so awesome! It has a strangely dark yet comforting feel to it! I urge people to look it up somewhere 'cause I'm too lazy to post a video on this. Plus I don't know how. I'm an idiot...

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]Right now I'm listening to The Bird & The Worm by The Used. It's an awesome song, and my favorite by the band. It just has something to it that makes it epic in my eyes. I think I'ts everything actually. But whatever, I still love it.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Wow Jake comes back and Whoa Mann leaves over my little spring break. Sheesh all the cool stuff happens when I'm not around(well Whoa Mann leaving isn't cool but whatever).

Anyhoo I have been listening to 40 Below Summer in my car exhausted from 15 hours in the goddamn airport. Very relaxing...

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Right now I'm listening to [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl-HM_38YYg"][U]Rachmaninoff plays Chopin Ballade No. 3[/U][/URL] Something I blame on Rach. He posted a bit on the second piano concerto by Sergei Rachmaninoff at his site and it had a video of the composer himself playing it. >_>

Since then I've been listening to clips over at youtube with songs recorded back in the 1920's of Sergei Rachmaninoff performing different works. Even with the poor quality due to when it was recorded, it's still obvious how talented he was. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]I accept the blame for that. Willingly I might add. :D

And since I'm here, I am listening to [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzx2BOMo9tY"][U]Vivaldi - Gloria - 1 - Gloria in excelsis Deo[/U][/URL] Just a nice short little piece and if you like choral work, you'd probably enjoy it.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Right now I'm listening to 94 Days by As I Lay Dying, and it's a pretty sweet ****ing song. It has one of the fastest double-bass rolls I've seen in the genre. And a few days ago I bought 'Shadows are Security' by As I Lay Dying and it's a good CD.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT="Tahoma"]Well technically for me it's Sunday so I'm listening to this kind of stuff right now. I almost always do when Sunday comes around: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw6H3crLzpg"][U]Mormon Tabernacle Choir - Hallelujah Chorus[/U][/URL] I enjoy choir music and it's a nice break from all the louder stuff I listen to during the week. :catgirl:[/FONT]

[SIZE=1][CENTER][B]Now:[/B] Do It Again
[B]Artist:[/B] The Chemical Brothers
[B]Album:[/B] We Are The Night[/CENTER]

the song does the exact same thing to me like what happened to the people in the [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atNMZS7Rfuw"][B][U] Video[/B][/U][/URL] it's very infectious, and very upbeat, when the song is done I'm stuck repeating "do it again" and signing all the lyrics [no that is not a typo, I'm an interpreter for the deaf now]... I'm just glad the video isnt as weird as [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJEacTZmd7I"][B][U] The Salmon Dance Video[/B][/U][/URL].[/SIZE]

Guest SnoochyBooch
[SIZE="3"]
[FONT="Impact"]I'm listening to The Heroin Diaries Soundtrack From Sixx A.M.
The song now is Accidents Happen, Freakin' Great Album:animesmil[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Lynyrd Skynyrd - [U]Sweet Home Alabama

[/U][COLOR=Navy][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua]This song never gets old for me. I've never lived in Alabama, but I have lived in a white trash town in California, where someone played this song at least once a day. (Also, "white trash" is an affectionate term there. So I'm not being mean. :D )

Anyway, I've also been listening to HIM again. I really got sick of their stuff, despite them being one of my favourite bands. But the older stuff shall always be the best, IMHO.
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]Well technically for me it's Sunday so I'm listening to this kind of stuff right now. I almost always do when Sunday comes around: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw6H3crLzpg"][U]Mormon Tabernacle Choir - Hallelujah Chorus[/U][/URL] I enjoy choir music and it's a nice break from all the louder stuff I listen to during the week. :catgirl:[/FONT][/QUOTE]Considering that it's conference weekend, I'm not surprised that you're listening to that. ^_~ I use to do the same when I was younger, listen to quiet stuff on the weekend. Not anymore. Though I wouldn't mind hearing the Mormon Tabernacle Choir in the new center. I understand they have a 7,667-pipe and 130-rank pipe organ. I'd love to hear that in person.

Anyway, right now I'm listening to [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMcfy-gp4ic"][U]Elton John The One[/U][/URL] It's been quite a while since I've listened to his stuff. His music is one of those that if I'm in the right mood, I enjoy it. The rest of the time... XP[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"] Though I wouldn't mind hearing the Mormon Tabernacle Choir in the new center. I understand they have a 7,667-pipe and 130-rank pipe organ. I'd love to hear that in person.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]The original Tabernacle on Temple Square has a better organ. At least I understand that's the case since it was rebuilt. I can't tell the difference, but I understand it's impressive to hear live. :catgirl:

And since I was visiting your update over at theOtaku... I'm now listening to this song by The Timelords/The KLF: [URL="http://sunfalle.vox.com/library/audio/6a00e398cc45e1000200e398edd03b0005.html"][U]Doctorin' The Tardis[/U][/URL]. What a weird and wacky song! Especially with the Dalek voices and their insane [I]Exterminate[/I] spiel! XD [/FONT]

[CENTER][SIZE=1]Dir en grey - [U]Embryo[/U][/SIZE]
[/CENTER]
[SIZE=1]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]Don't ask me if this is the actual song title. I'm assuming so, but I don't mind if it isn't because I love the song and I'm too lazy to go find out.

I'm a HUUUUUUGE Dir en grey fan. HUUUUUUGE.
Yuss.
And I haven't listened to them in quite a while so I'm enjoying it.
[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE]