OtakuBoards

What Are You Listening To?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]Right now I'm listening to The Bleeding by Five Finger Death Punch, they are good, but I don't listen often. It's form a CD I got out of an issue of Metal Edge, and it also has Dunwich by Electric Wizard, What a Horrible Night for a Curse by The Black Dahlia Murder, and FMLYHM by Seether. So it's a pretty good compilation of songs.

Other than that I'm just listening to the songs on m MP3, right now it's on Bloodrocuted by Dethklok.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Emigrate - [U]Blood

[/U][COLOR=Navy][SIZE=3]
[FONT=Book Antiqua]I'm a huge Rammstein fan, so of course I had to check out Emigrate when I heard about 'em. And like anything I'd expect from Richard Kruspe, it's awesome. I have to admit, the English lyrics disappointed me at first, but when I thought about it, you don't want a Rammstein clone with a different singer.
[U]Blood[/U] is without a doubt my favourite song thus far.

And I just realised I've posted here twice today.

Once I get started on a music-related thread...

EDIT: Also Five Finger Death Punch is awesome. The Black Dahlia Murder, also. I knew you had SOME good music taste. I mean, no one can be allll bad...
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Aberinkula'][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]Oh god Korey, I can't argue with that logic about Chapter IV, I adore that song. It's in my top five list of best A7X songs.

I got some Norma Jean today, they're alright, but nothing amazing.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Heh, if you think that they're good on album, go see them live and then you'll love them even more. They came to El Paso with [B]Bullet for My Valentine[/B] and [B]Atreyu[/B]. A7X stole the show, though. Those guys put on a frickin great show. And it's not too often that you get to sing "Seize the Day" and "Gunslinger" to your GF and she actually think it's romantic.

Now Playing....[B]Seize the Day[/B] by [B] Avenged Sevenfold[/B]. Great song, and the video is so sad. I dig the part where Synester Gates plays the solo on top of M. Shadow's GF's/Wife's Coffin. That was especially creepy/sad. Makes me bawl just thinkin about it.....:animecry:
[/FONT]

[QUOTE]Yeah, Miles is an interesting guy. Hard, free stuff.

You like him, though, you might also want to check out Charlie "The Bird" Parker.[/QUOTE]He's easily my favorite Jazz Musician. Miles just has a really relaxing and interesting sound.

I took your recommendation and his kind of Jazz seems a lot more old school than Miles Davis. It sounds very swing like to me. I like it but it doesn't quite have the pizazz of Miles.

Oh yea and I am listening to the Melvin's...Punk and Jazz what a combo...(The Melvin's bassist is now my new favorite bassist)

[FONT="Arial"]Sleep Cult; "Paralysis"

This is an electronica project I just had the idea for today. I wrote two songs in GarageBand on my friend's Mac. If I had a chance to write more, they'd be part of a sort of concept album based on an idea for a story I had.

This song is supposed to represent the feeling of sleep paralysis and express the fear someone experiencing it has, if they have no idea what's going on.

If anyone wants to give it a listen, here's the myspace: [U][url]www.myspace.com/sleepcult[/url][/U]

There are only two tracks right now, but next time I can borrow my friend's Mac I hope I'll be able to write more. The reason they're both so short is that the events they represent usually happen over a very brief period of time (and not at all because I couldn't think of how to continue them, I swear :animeswea)[/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]Korey, don't get me started on Seize the Day, lol. Let's just say I lost a lot of body fluid to that song. I'd always cry while I listened to it... and I said 'let's just say' a second ago didn't I? Eh, but yeah, I'm jealous cause I like BFMV too, but yeah A7X stealing the show, very likely.

Lucky me today I got an Avenged Sevenfold T-shirt at Spencer's, oh yeah, me luvs it![/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE]Let's just say I lost a lot of body fluid to that song. I'd always cry while I listened to it... and I said 'let's just say' a second ago didn't I?[/QUOTE]
Really? That song makes me wanna stop listening to Avenged Sevenfold forever. To me that's easily their crappiest song to date.

Anyway I have been listening to Eddie Vedder. This guy is ****ing amazing. Easily as good as Chris Cornell if not better. He has a lot of soul and sorrow in his voice but it's still really beautiful.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]The original Tabernacle on Temple Square has a better organ. At least I understand that's the case since it was rebuilt. I can't tell the difference, but I understand it's impressive to hear live. :catgirl: [/FONT][/QUOTE]Oh I know, that one I've heard many times since when I use to be Mormon and Conference was held there, I went several times. I've also been to many concerts held there too. But I've yet to actually see the inside of the newest center. I keep meaning to, but never get around to it. So I'm curious to hear the difference.

Now as for what I'm listening to... I've been going over some of my Sting cd's and have this song playing right now. [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rk78eCIx4E"][U]Russians[/U][/URL] Man, it's been a long time since I listened to this song. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Panache']Really? That song makes me wanna stop listening to Avenged Sevenfold forever. To me that's easily their crappiest song to date.

Anyway I have been listening to Eddie Vedder. This guy is ****ing amazing. Easily as good as Chris Cornell if not better. He has a lot of soul and sorrow in his voice but it's still really beautiful.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Hah, I can see why most people would hate that song. It's not really the A7X people are used to listening to, but I do find the song really good in terms of "Switiching it Up-ness". I do wonder why the Rev chose to do the drum lick he did before, during and after Syn's solo though....it kinda didn't fit what I'm used to hearing from him. It was a little Pop-ish. But, on another note, that would be a pretty good song to hear someone sing at a funeral (acoustically, of course).

Right now I'm listening to [B]Scream, Aim, Fire[/B] by [B]Bullet for My Valentine[/B] and [B]Wonderwall[/B] by [B]Oasis[/B]. BFMV is a cool band (those dudes are effing huge in person, BTW) and Scream, Aim, Fire is an ok song...not my favorite by them. That'd go to Hand of Blood. Oasis was a great 90s band, and it's truly a shame that they broke up, because I wanted more from them. [/FONT]

[QUOTE]Hah, I can see why most people would hate that song. It's not really the A7X people are used to listening to, but I do find the song really good in terms of "Switiching it Up-ness". I do wonder why the Rev chose to do the drum lick he did before, during and after Syn's solo though....it kinda didn't fit what I'm used to hearing from him. It was a little Pop-ish. But, on another note, that would be a pretty good song to hear someone sing at a funeral (acoustically, of course). [/QUOTE] The damn song reminds me of November Rain from Guns N roses...which is my least favorite song from them(although I still think it's better than this song). It's one thing to do a soft song but it's another thing to do a bad soft song. I mean all hard bands do at least one. Metallica had Fade to Black,Slipknot has Circle ect...
I really just don't like his voice at all. It reminds me of Axel Rose with a cold and poor pitch control. Plus the video makes me wanna yack. Besides that song though that album was probably their best work.

Right now I am listening to Escape from Metallica. For a long time I forgot how god damn good Metallica was. Their songs from the 80's were really aggressive but they had things that were interesting and sort of profound in their lyrics. Plus their singer didn't sound like a ****ing idiot like he does now on his new albums.

I really want Tool to make a new ****ing album...I don't wanna wait till 2011 dammit...

[quote name='Panache']I took your recommendation and his kind of Jazz seems a lot more old school than Miles Davis. It sounds very swing like to me. I like it but it doesn't quite have the pizazz of Miles.[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Hmm. Try John Coltrane, then. He did a lot of work with Miles, I think. [I]Blue Trane[/I] comes to mind as a starter album.

Right now I'm hitting [I]Fantasy[/I] from The Inventions Trio, with Marvin Stamm and Bill Mays, and cellist Alisa Horn. Just bought the album today, actually, since Stamm and Mays were on campus.

(^_^)[/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"]I've been checking out more of Kamelot ever since I heard the song Ghost Opera... So right now I'm listening to this by them: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qdcl67H1Jw"][U]KAMELOT - March Of Mephisto[/U][/URL] I don't like it as much as I do Ghost Opera, but it's still a good song. [/FONT]

[b][i]Caramelldansen Speedycake Remix[/i][/b]

Thanks for introducing this to me guys. It's friggen addictive, and now every time I look at the girls in the OB banner it gets stuck in my head.

Seriously, I should never have watched that youtube video. But this song makes me smile, it is so random and clever to have it paired with popotan like that.

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Odin M Yggdrasi'][b][i]Caramelldansen Speedycake Remix[/i][/b][/QUOTE]It's almost scary how many times I've heard a version of that song since I first heard it back on the 19th of last month... that song... Seriously, has changed things in a huge way for me. XD

Anyway... I'm still checking out Kamelot's music and right now I'm on this song here: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I438RH1oUJc"][U]Kamelot - The Haunting[/U][/URL] I really enjoy what I've been hearing. I like the heavier sound to the groups songs. I also like how the group has a much cleaner sound to their style of singing than what I'm use to hearing from metal groups. It reminds me of Nightwish actually. Good stuff. :catgirl:[/FONT]

[quote name='Aberinkula'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Right now I'm listening to [B]Kill the Switch [/B]by [B]Circle Takes the Square[/B], they are a sweet Mathcore band, I think they're mathcore anyways, but yeah epoicness. The song is so fast and the screams are amazing. I love the song.

I also have [B]94 Days [/B]by [B]As I Lay Dying[/B], which is almost as cool. Other songs I got off projectplaylist: [B]The Bird and the Worm [/B]by [B]The Used [/B]and [B]Cry for Eternity [/B]by [B]Dragonforce [/B]which are also really good songs.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Kill the Switch is an okay song, but the rest of the songs are much better to me. "As the Roots Undo" is an epic album. Maybe not a mathcore album (considering that they don't use math in their songs.), but one of my favorite screamo albums. Other great songs are:

"In the Nervous Light"
"Interveiw At The Ruins"
"Crowquill"
"Same Shade as Concrete"

etc.

And as It would have it, I'm listening to them. And BMFV. Their new album is better than The Poison. But the singer is annoying. No offense. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

I listened to more Miles Davis today. I don't really know what genre of jazz he is in but he sounds vaguely similar to this avant garde jazz musician named Pharaoh Sanders(at least in quality of music). They both are really incredible jazz musicians.
Pharaoh can create a really amazing atmosphere that reminds me a lot of my favorite prog rock bands(Rush and Porcupine Tree). It's very easy stuff to listen to but it is sort of lively as well.

Miles has easy to listen to music but I think it's less atmosphere but it's a whole lot...for lack of a better word "cooler." I just felt really good when I listen to Miles. At first I was sort of listening to him to get a feel of jazz music as a genre but I am really starting to fall in love with his music. Hell on the radio today they played Tchaikovsky and Mozart but I couldn't pull the headphones away from my ears because I needed to hear Miles. I can't wait to hear more.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Right now, I know we've already covered this subject. But I'm listening to This Is Your Captain Speaking. For the reason... Well. They broke up. I was informed today by D.J (Drummer)... And it's kind of sad. They were only around for maybe two months, and I only got to see them live once (out of four total shows). I'm just really glad I get their demo before they broke up. Because, now the myspace is gone too.

I'm sorry to all the people that liked them. :[[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Whoa, Mann'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Right now, I know we've already covered this subject. But I'm listening to This Is Your Captain Speaking. For the reason... Well. They broke up. I was informed today by D.J (Drummer)... And it's kind of sad. They were only around for maybe two months, and I only got to see them live once (out of four total shows). I'm just really glad I get their demo before they broke up. Because, now the myspace is gone too.

I'm sorry to all the people that liked them. :[[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

You have to be shitting me...It's been like a month since I discovered them. That's just grand.

[FONT="Arial"]Bauhaus; "Ziggy Stardust"

I feel like it's a sin that I prefer this version to David Bowie's original, but what can I do? It's just a little more energetic, I think. I don't really like the way Bowie sang it, at least compared to Peter Murphy.[/FONT]

[quote name='Clurr'][FONT="Arial"]Bauhaus; "Ziggy Stardust"

I feel like it's a sin that I prefer this version to David Bowie's original, but what can I do? It's just a little more energetic, I think. I don't really like the way Bowie sang it, at least compared to Peter Murphy.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]lol I would get mad, but I can't consdiering I havn't heard the cover. So I don't know if its better. But. David Bowie is the shiz. Let's not forget that. He was very creative, even though he... uh... has some weird stuff. Art. I guess.

Listening to "Beauty Is In The Eyes of The Beerholder" by I Set My Friends on Fire You. Dual-vox, two man band, with highpitched grind parts, synth/keys breakoffs, metalcore breakdowns, with catchy clean vocals like that of... I don't know. From First to Last? (not as high-pitched there, though.). Pretty good. Their other song is good, though it's not as good to me. ASL.

Some of you may know I Set My Friends on Fire for their cover of Soulja Boy's song Crank That or whatever.... "Crank That Calvary Boy"[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][CENTER][B] Now:[/B] The Attack Of The Sixty Foot Lesbian Octopus
[B] Artist:[/B] Does It Offend You, Yeah?
[B] Album:[/B] You Have No Idea What You're Getting Yourself Into[/CENTER]

as absurd as the band name, album and song title are [c'on does it look like I'd make this up?] along with its length of two minutes, this song is one of those instrumentals to mosh to on a friday night. puking, partying and getting shut down by the cops included[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]One word can describe Between the Buried and Me... awesomenwssorgasmofsweetmetalcorepower.

I bought the CD Colors today at Wal Mart, and I am indeed impressed by this band. The songs Prequel to the Sequel and White Walls, as well as Foam Born B: The Decade of Statues are puirely epic tracks. Next time I'm at Wal Mart I'm getting Alaska. [/COLOR][/SIZE]