OtakuBoards

What Are You Listening To?

.:[ Revy ]:.

Time for more of the older stuff. This time I'm listening to works by [B]Carlos Seixas[/B] In this case: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niFrFEtf3jI"][U][B]Harpsichord Sonata No. 18 in C Minor[/B][/U][/URL] If you like harpsichord music at all then you'll definitely like his music. This particular piece is very lively to listen to; something I bet even Indi would like. :p

So recently I have been on a sort of old school hip hop and Jazz binge.

Mostly I have been listening to [B]Miles Davis [/B]and [B]Stanley Jordan[/B]. I have been listening to Miles for a while and I already have a great appreciation for incredibly talented he is as a musician. But before yesterday I have never heard of Stanley Jordan which is a shame. I saw this guys rendition of Stairway to Heaven on Youtube...SICK!!!

Anyway as far as hip hop goes I am listening to [B]A Tribe Called Quest[/B]. This rap group is probably my favorite of the 90's even though the Wu-Tang Clan is pretty damn good. They sound really chill but they still have a really good smooth flow throughout all of their songs. Also their funny...which is just great. I also have been listening to Busta Rhymes Genesis album which I think is his best and most innovative. It has a really dark feel to it and it's violent but not in the steryotipical hip hop way. It almost has a metal feel in some of the songs and especially in Bad Dreams. Good stuff.

Back to my favorite composer who I never get tired of listening to, [B]Rachmaninoff[/B]. Also, time for one of my favorite pieces by him, I never get tired of this particular work, it's so beautiful. So with that in mind, here's the second movement to Rachmaninoff's Cello Sonata, a work for piano and cello. [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3RU3MCXs70"][U][B]Cello-Piano Sonata[/B][/U][/URL] I just love listening to this... and going o_O at the thought of playing the cello part.

[SIZE="1"]Having come across [B]Skillet[/B], thanks to an AMV featuring their song [I]Comatose[/I] on Youtube yesterday, I've been browsing their songs for the last few hours in between other browsings. I have to say, they're pretty good, although Comatose is probably still my favourite song of theirs that I've heard.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Panache']I am listening to [B]Free Bird[/B] by [B]Lynyrd Skynyrd[/B] which is really sad song. It reminds me of the death of the [spoiler]Firefly family(my favorite anti hero family)[/spoiler]from the devils rejects.

Lastly I am listening to [B]Killswitch Engage[/B]. You may be thinking " I thought that guy hated Killswitch Engage?" Well I do...sort of. But this really sexy girl likes it so I am giving it another chance. I think Eye of the Storm is an OK song. It's not so bad...except for Holy Diver that song is terrible to a degree I have never experienced.

Oh yea and yesterday I went on a Chevelle+Staind binge. Man that was a good binge.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Free Bird is quite possibly one of my favorite songs ever, though I don't much care for Skynyrd's other stuff... And Holy Diver is pretty okay. After all, it's a Dio cover. Of course, they couldn't have given it the power that Dio gave it, but they tried.

As a flashback to the old days, I'm listening to this album: "Siren Song of the Counter Culture" by [B]Rise Against[/B]. The album isn't bad, and has a great style of punk, mixed with all the new mainstream stuff, I guess we would call "pop". It's a catchy album, and I've almost learned how to play all the songs on the guitar...

Also, listening to alot of [B]Fear Before the March of Flames[/B]. AR is very appreciative of this band. In fact, the Monticello scene will eat them up. (The Monticello scene is full of Norma Jean fans, Fearbefore fans, The Number 12 fans, HeavyHeavyLowLow fans...etc.) So obviously, I feel right at home around those kids. But, other than that. "Odd How People Shake" is an amazing debut. "Art Damage" is okay, and does feature a few great songs that I value alot. The newer one, I havn't heard, so I can't say anything for it. But don't think that this band is one that many Scene Kids like, no no. This band is definitely for fans of certain kind of music, indeed. This is technical post-hardcore for the soul, my friends.

But Fearbefore is a great band. Listen.
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][size=1]I have returned... yes. I was grounded for the pasty few days, that's why I haven't been on. Anyways, because the only thing I had left was TV, I've been listening to some killer music.

My newest fav at the moment is 'Falling Down' by Atreyu. I can't stand this band's newer stuff, but this song is actually pretty catchy, I just love the chorus. And earlier I heard The Crimson, which is another good Atreyu song.

Also, the newest song by In Flames, The Mirror's Truth, which imo isn't as good as Take this Life or The Quiet Place, but it was good. And the video was weird. Another song I heard was Silence and Goodbye by The Automn Offering, which was WICKED!

And in other news, Circle Takes the Square is working on there newest album, YAY! I love these guys ever since I heard Kill the Switch. I already know it's going to be a masterpiece. Plus, Dream Theatre, Opeth, Three and Between the Buried and Me are going on tour, sweetness, even though I'm never going to go >_>

EDIT: Dio's son is actually a weatherman in Binghamton NY. So lol for you guys. I thought that was pretty cool when I heard it.[/size][/COLOR]

I can't get enough of the Rasmus OR Muse.

Recently, I'm rediscovering the Cars, but my dad says they sucked in concert. (I believe him.)

I'm obsessed with Nobuo Uematsu and Yasunori Mitsuda. Their piano and violin music make my heart sing. I've been looking for music from Destiny: Dreamer's Alliance. I guess that was some performance in Australia, if anyone knows wth I'm talking about.

I just listened to a song by Owl City called "Hello Seattle." It's great music...great lyrics really.

I ended up on [B]Nightwish[/B] again. o_O I do like the group but sometimes I feel like a stranger takes over when I start this stuff up. Anyway, this is the song I have playing at the moment. [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvDBD_kNs6c"][U][B]Sahara[/B][/U][/URL] I suppose that since I haven't really listened to the group in weeks it makes sense that I am now.

[color=royalblue][size=1]

[b]Born of Osiris[/b], particularly the awesome song "Bow Down" and several other. A rather hardcore, egyptian/power themed Death Metal band. Awesome stuff. Also [b]With Dead Hands Rising[/b] and [b]Bury Your Dead[/b]. I'm really getting into some heavy stuff, I'm falling in love with Death Metal and hardcore.

Also I've just made a CD with some early and traditional punk on it, including [b]Dead Kennedys[/b], [b]The Sex Pistols[/b], [b]Gallows[/b], and [b]Circle Jerks[/b]. Good times.[/color][/size]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Right now I'm hooked on [B]Puddle of Mudd[/B]. They came to El Paso not too long ago. Their first album [I]Come Clean[/I] was awesome. I really dug [I]Blurry[/I] and [I]She Hates Me[/I], Blurry most of all. I sing it to my GF all the time. It's such a romantic-ish song....:animeshy:

I also dig [I]Psycho[/I]. That's got an infectious little ring to it and the Chorus is very catchy. It's almost too catchy.....[/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"][i]VNV Nation[/i]: Burning Empires.

Specifically "Further." Capable of being found on youtube with just a cursory search. And I realize there's this little link not half an inch from the text I'm typing here but I can't be bothered to figure it out.

The ambient sound creates a very fitting backdrop for the mildly processed vocals. And speaking of which, the lyrics are extremely good.

[CENTER]"Each day shall end as it begins
And though you're far away from me
I know in darkness I will find you giving up inside like me"[/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aberinkula'][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][size=1]I have returned... yes. I was grounded for the pasty few days, that's why I haven't been on. Anyways, because the only thing I had left was TV, I've been listening to some killer music.

My newest fav at the moment is 'Falling Down' by Atreyu. I can't stand this band's newer stuff, but this song is actually pretty catchy, I just love the chorus. And earlier I heard The Crimson, which is another good Atreyu song.

Also, the newest song by In Flames, The Mirror's Truth, which imo isn't as good as Take this Life or The Quiet Place, but it was good. And the video was weird. Another song I heard was Silence and Goodbye by The Automn Offering, which was WICKED!

And in other news, Circle Takes the Square is working on there newest album, YAY! I love these guys ever since I heard Kill the Switch. I already know it's going to be a masterpiece. Plus, Dream Theatre, Opeth, Three and Between the Buried and Me are going on tour, sweetness, even though I'm never going to go >_>

EDIT: Dio's son is actually a weatherman in Binghamton NY. So lol for you guys. I thought that was pretty cool when I heard it.[/size][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="HotPink"][SIZE="1"]Haha.. funny.

I love the video for "Falling Down"... It's based off my favorite book. But that's for you guys to figure out! Ooooo.

Yeah... Circle's new CD isn't news... it's been about three years now actually since they gave news of the new album. Still not out. A guitarist and drummer later lol... and nothing. But I'm hopeful, still. It'll be a good one.

I'm listening to[B] Saetia[/B] right now, looking at tabs of theirs, and trying to learn a few of the songs. The songs, essentially all have mellow clean bits, and suddenly explode into over drive and blood-curdling vocals. Billy is definitely one of my favorite vocalists of all time.. Each song has such poetic meaning, and emotion to it. If you want something to make you think, to make you sad, to make you happy, or to make you absolutely inspired... Saetia will do the trick.[/SIZE]
[/COLOR]

I've been listening to metal...

First of all I have been hittin up [B]Metallica[/B] quite a bit. Mostly stuff from Master of Puppets but today I have been listening to [B]Seek and Destroy[/B] and [B]The Four Horsemen[/B].

Also I have been listening to [B]Dog Fashion Disco [/B]quite a bit. [B]Plastic Surgeons[/B] is a really really good song. I suggest you find it Whoa Mann.

Also I have been listening to Some [B]Meshuggah[/B]. They have a new album and I heard a few songs from it. [B]Bleed[/B] is a really great song. I am gonna pick up this album when the opportunity arises.

Lastly I have been listening to [B]Celtic Frost[/B] and [B]Iced Earth[/B]. I really like both of these bands a lot. I like Celtics Frosts dark atmosphere wit ha sort of gloomy feel. On the flip side I like Iced Earth's aggressive yet sort of peaceful and beautiful feel.

[SIZE=1]During my off time from the OB, preparing for Prom, finals, and what have you, I've tripped across this really interesting downloadable application [URL="http://www.u-myx.com"][B][U]U-myx[/U][/B][/URL], which basically allows the user to remix songs without the really confusing software.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]After tinkering with it for a couple of months I've finished three different remixes all under the pseudonym of Alex Walker, and the one I've recently finished is a team effort between a friend and I, since then I havent been able to stop listening to it.[/SIZE]

[center][URL="http://www.u-myx.com/_stream/l.swf?m=6270"]Click here to listen[/URL][/center]
[SIZE=1][center][B]Now:[/B] Flux [The Walker And Delacroix Mix][/center][/SIZE]
[center][SIZE=1][B]Artist:[/B] Bloc Party (Remixed By Alex Walker And Alicia Delacroix)[/SIZE][/center]

[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=blue]HTML isn't enabled in this forum so I changed what would have been your Flash player into a link.[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=blue]- Petie[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][B]The Inventions Trio[/B], comprised of pianist Bill Mays, Marvin Stamm on trumpet, and cellist Alicia Horn (I believe), playing an interesting crossover Classical/Jazz album, [B]Fantasy[/B].

Mays composed one piece, and such composers as Gershwin, Debussy, and Rachmaninoff were paired with jazz composition notables such as "Bird" Parker. All in all a [I]very[/I] cool album; I think my favorite moment was when one of Bach's fugues was taken to a nice bebop.[/FONT]

More [B]Rachmaninoff[/B]! This time his [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtuMVBLEWJU"][U][B]Prelude No. 2 In C Sharp Minor[/B][/U][/URL] I just love how beautiful and expressive this piece is. And since it's only about four minutes long, click on that link and check it out! Or if you're curious to hear the composer play it, check this link out instead: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wddtne7KSs"][U][B]Rachmaninoff[/B][/U][/URL] Nothing like hearing the creator playing their own composition. :catgirl:

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Right now I'm listening to this: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Zcv8gMvV9U"][U]Magic Knight Rayearth Opening[/U][/URL] However, I'm listening to the full version instead of this little clip from the show. It's one of those songs that I enjoy listening to it from time to time. [/FONT][/COLOR]

Today I have been listening to[B] Chevelle[/B] and [B]Neutral Milk hotel[/B].

I listened to the Cure song [B]Pictures of You[/B] covered Chevelle. I really like it and I think they do it massive amounts of justice. I actually don't think I've heard a bad Cure cover yet. I also listened to [B]Midnight to Midnight [/B]which has I think the best Chevelle intro.

From Neutral Milk hotel I listened to Two Headed Boy parts one and Two. I prefer part one to part two because it seems a lot more relaxed and fun. I also listened to a song called[B] She Did a Lot of Acid[/B]. Waht a grand old song.

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]Ahh Panache, hearing you talk about Chevelle makes me happy lol. Midnight to Midnight does have a nice intro, but imo, Bend the Backet off of TTOT(CDUI) has the best intro, but the song is still really good.

Anyways, today I bought Soundtrack to Your Escape by In Flames... the Quiet Place is an awesome song. In Flames is one of the bigger bands of the Gothenburg Metal Scene in Switzerland, from what I've read. A lot of people are more familiar with Take This Life, that's the song by In Flames that's on GHIII.

BTW Panache idk if you know, but Revolver magazine has a special Tool issue that is just as its should be, ALL TOOL. You'd love it, I suggest looking for it. It has the cover of Lateralus on the magazine. Just thought I'd let the fellow Tool fan know. It covers all the albums to date, as well as other **** like a Q&A with the artist, who btw, has BRILLIANT mind. Just look at the video for Vicarious.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE]BTW Panache idk if you know, but Revolver magazine has a special Tool issue that is just as its should be, ALL TOOL. You'd love it, I suggest looking for it. It has the cover of Lateralus on the magazine. Just thought I'd let the fellow Tool fan know. It covers all the albums to date, as well as other **** like a Q&A with the artist, who btw, has BRILLIANT mind. Just look at the video for Vicarious.[/QUOTE]Meh I might check it out. I'm not much on magazines anymore. I can usually just get the info from the internet most of the time.

Recently I have only been listening to 10,000 days from Tool and I have been listening to a lot more A Perfect Circle. Mostly the covers on Emotive. Which in my opinion are the best covers of anything anywhere period.

Oh yea and This song called [B]Grab Thy Hand[/B] by Chevelle has one of the most bad *** rhythms.

Oh yea and I listened to [B]I can't stop loving you[/B] by [B]Ray Charles [/B]today....made me really sad.

[SIZE=1][CENTER][B]Now:[/B] Inside The Fire
[B]Artist:[/B] Disturbed
[B]Album:[/B] Indestructable[/CENTER]

For the first single off their next album, it's a pretty powerful one. The lyrics haunt me alot, due to the fact that the song deals with suicide, and I, myself am a sucide survivor, this song [B][U]ALWAYS[/B][/U] reminds me that sucide is not the answer, and the instrumentals are really good.

on a lighter note: the song will also be in Rock Band by 03.06.08

[spoiler]the video's kinda creepy though[/spoiler][/SIZE]

[FONT="Arial"]Right now I'm listening to the Wicked soundtrack, and thusly crying my eyes out.

[I]It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend...

Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good [/I]

If I were a senior right now, I don't even know.[/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"]For some reason I've been browsing youtube and checking out intro music to different video games. o_O At the moment I'm on this song from Kingdom Hearts [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN7fKazMraA"][U]Click![/U][/URL] Some of the stuff I've found has been fun to listen to, like this song. But some of the other stuff hasn't been all that great. XP[/FONT]