OtakuBoards

What Are You Listening To?

.:[ Revy ]:.

Well since I was just hunting up a clip for posting in another thread, I am now listening to this from DNAngel: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dq3-3zJgKg"][U]Ice & Snow[/U][/URL] One of the few anime's I've bothered to actually purchase the soundtrack for. It's nice and expressive in a pretty and simple way.

[color=royalblue][size=1]

I recently downloaded a handful of new songs and artists. Notables include:

[b]Suicide Silence:[/b] a deathcore band for people who love deathcore already. It's not so much "special" as it is a great represenation of deathcore/death metal style. I like them alot. Their vocalist is amazing, and their songs are all "melt-your-face"-brutal.

[b]The Black Dahlia Murder:[/b] another deathcore/death metal band. Probably one of the most popular around, along with Bring Me The Horizon and Job For A Cowboy. They have a very strange, very cool vocal style, as well as a dope and weird sounding guitar duo. Not to mention how amazing their drummer is. Good stuff. Going to go see them next month at the Summer Slaughter Tour where they will be headlining.

[b]International Superheroes of Hardcore:[/b] A joke hardcore punk band comprised of the members of New Found Glory. Such songs as "Superhero Sellouts" and "Brush Your Teeth" let you know the kind of songs they will be singing. They are like the Superfriends of Hardcore bands. Fun stuff.

[b]Lil' Wayne:[/b] Tha Carter 3 is coming soon, so there are alot of great tracks floating around the ether. Recently, I've become obsessed with the song "A Millie" ft. Cory Gunz. Crazy awesome beat and sick flows are bountiful. Love me some Weezy.[/color][/size]

[COLOR="Indigo"]I just started watching Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo and instantly loved the ending song so... I acquired it and I am now listening to it. [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcnWAzwEd6o"][U]You Won't See Me Coming[/U][/URL] What strikes me the most about this song is I literally loved it within ten seconds of listening to it. Though in the anime, the first 15 seconds of this clip I linked to isn't in it. Though it is in the full length version I acquired. So when I say I fell in love with it in ten seconds... ignore that first 15 to 17 seconds since I didn't hear that until I got the full copy. [/COLOR]

[quote name='Boo][size=1']And enjoying it very much mind you. :)[/size][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Never would'a guessed.

Peter Frampton. And whoever wrote [I]Black Velvet[/I], because I was listening to the radio and haven't looked them up yet.

[CENTER]-------------[/CENTER]

Now, since I am free of my father's backseat internetting, I have a little something to show all you guitarists: some older guy named Al di Meola. Let's have a look, shall we? (^_^)

[CENTER][YOUTUBE="Egyptian Danza"]vuY0_JCHaF4[/YOUTUBE][/CENTER]

Oh, and in case that wasn't cool enough, check out the "duel" between him, Paco de Lucia, and John McLaughlin (on the right).

[CENTER][YOUTUBE="Mediterranean Sundance"]9cadbYIzhqQ[/YOUTUBE][/CENTER][/FONT]

[COLOR="Indigo"]After enjoying the ending song to Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo so much, I went and picked up the full album. So I am listening to that and liking it very much. Definitely good stuff. I even like the slow song to the beginning of the show... which is a first for me.[/COLOR]

[color=#4863A0][size=1]I'm back on my hip-hop/rap game again and currently I am listening to "Death March," by Jedi Mind Tricks. They are more underground than anything but they have almost lyrical flow and a unique way of rapping.

They are very philosophical as well as religious and that is very much included in their rhymes and lyrics. It's a very different type of rap. All of the members are also very well educated making their verses put together very well as well as their rhymes amazing. In this particular song, my favorite line is absolutely amazing. It's as follows:

[i]"I'll strangle you, use those same hands to give you the Heimlich,
So you can live to suffer more punishment from my divine lips."[/i]

Why that line sticks so much to me I don't know, but I just absolutely love it. They are a great group and have a different style to their genre which is always nice.[/size][/color]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]I just got back from Wal*mart and today I bought The Bedlam in Goliath by The Mars Volta and Fear Will Cast No Shadow by The Autumn Offering, both are extremely great bands. TMV is of coarse psychodelica and progressive rock and The Autumn Offering is metalcore(?). And on Thursday I boght Indesrtuctable by Disturbed.

Okay, let me just say Indestructable is very destructable, it's not very good I only like Inside the Fire and Haunted, the rest sucks. I'll give my opinion on TMV and TAO later.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Finally, my Humanities 300 series class is applicable to the modern...world.

[URL="http://youtube.com/watch?v=e3_sML4prLE"]The Concierto De Aranjuez[/URL]

By Joaquin Rodrigo. Capable of making fully grown men cry, provided they are Spaniards. And when played in class through a massive sound system, made me and about half the girls tear up.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Finally, my Humanities 300 series class is applicable to the modern...world.

[URL="http://youtube.com/watch?v=e3_sML4prLE"]The Concierto De Aranjuez[/URL]

By Joaquin Rodrigo. Capable of making fully grown men cry, provided they are Spaniards. And when played in class through a massive sound system, made me and about half the girls tear up.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Wow that is some good stuff. I need to put that on my ipod. Thanks Raiha!

Since Indi got me started on Gankutsuou I decided to check out the soundtrack as well. Right now I'm listening to this piece [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRnv0GYNG-4"][U]Kaishou[/U][/URL] So far out of everything I've listened to, I like this one the best. However, I'm far from being done checking out the tracks so we'll see.

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]Right now I'm lsitening to [B]Medicine Wheel[/B] by [B]Between the Buried and Me[/B], this isn't a screamy or even a heavy song, its completely instrumental, it's the break between Backwords Marathon and The Primer. These three tracks make up one song almost, and it is my favorite part of the album Alaska.

I just can't stress this enough but... LISTEN TO BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME! :animesmil[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1] My friends wanted me to dj at a local party, and I havent been called upon to chaparone my musical taste for a loaded house party before, so I wn ahead and downloaded a bunch of electronica, aside from Justice and The Prodigy that I am used to, I stumbled along this track after that Erol Alkan remix played:

[CENTER][B] Now:[/B] Satisfaction
[B] Artist:[/B] Benny Benassi
[B] Album:[/B] Hypnotica[/CENTER]

I dont know what it is about this track, but it's really infectious and it's one of those tracks that keeps the bodies moving.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]I've been re-watching [B]Lovely Complex[/B] and decided to pick up the soundtrack to this anime since it's fun to listen too. So right now I'm listening to this little clip here: [URL="http://sunfalle.vox.com/library/audio/6a00e398cc45e1000200fae8c2bd08000b.html"][U]World's End[/U][/URL] It's the moment when [spoiler]Seiko kisses Otani[/spoiler] For those of you who have seen it, you know just how appropriate that title for it really is. lol [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]I've been re-watching [B]Lovely Complex[/B] and decided to pick up the soundtrack to this anime since it's fun to listen too. So right now I'm listening to this little clip here: [URL="http://sunfalle.vox.com/library/audio/6a00e398cc45e1000200fae8c2bd08000b.html"][U]World's End[/U][/URL] It's the moment when [spoiler]Seiko kisses Otani[/spoiler] For those of you who have seen it, you know just how appropriate that title for it really is. lol [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]I know if I was Otani... I'd just die once I learned Seiko's secret. >_> That was one of the creepiest moments in the entire anime! lol Anyway! After re-visiting that piece I am now listening to this one here: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcp9dGYdHvE"][U]Chopin Etudes op.25 #6,7[/U][/URL] Nothing like some good piano music to wake up to.

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]I know I've mentioned it before but after that generic stuff by the Jonas Brothers & Camp Rock I had to listen to some [I]real[/I] music. So I pulled out my copy of[b] Dark Passion Play[/b] by [B]Nightwish[/B]. I'm checking out the instrumental version since I haven't gotten around to listening to it yet. I can see why Rach likes it, even without the singing, it's gorgeous to listen to. :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]I've been listening to Chevelle lately, mostly the songs I didn't care to listen to before, which makes the song Get Some, one of my favorite Chevelle songs. Right now I'm listening to Breach Birth, than later Panic Prone another Chevelle fav of mine.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='haku877']Well most recently Ive been listening to some music from a show called "August Rush" Its a really good movie and it has one of the coolest last songs.[/QUOTE]
[COLOR="hotPink"][SIZE="1"]
Agreed. Very beautiful music. The cello in some of the songs is so... hmm. Relaxing? And then it has some exciting tunes as well, like the acoustic guitar with the weird delay. Good stuff.

I'm listening to Radiohead. FTW!

[/SIZE]
[/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]Every paycheck, or when I have about $15 bucks in my pocket, I head over to Hot Topic and talk to a certain employee there who always sets me down the metal path.

He's showed me [B]Once Nothin[/B]g who build their songs on break-downs and semi-solos. Amazing work.

Also put me in the direction of very confused bands like [B]Beyond The Sixth Seal[/B] who can't decide if they want to be basic rock or death metal. Weird mash-up.

But currently I'm listening to this FANTASTIC band called [B]Stick To Your Guns[/B]. These guys know how to make melodic, sing-a-long, metal. At one point their singer, Jesse Barnett, will be belting out the verses with your tradition metal voice and the next moment the band will slow it down, break-down, and he'll give you the chorus in one of the best rock voices I've heard in a while. Not only him but the rest of the band deserve their salts as well, from the drummer Casey Lagos's speedy kicks and solid fills to Alex and Ryan's face-melting guitar playing. Darel's bass grooves are pretty solid as well.

I certainly recommend.[/COLOR][/SIZE]