OtakuBoards

What Are You Listening To?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[quote name='Indi'][COLOR="Indigo"]Yes I know it's not a heavy rock/metal song... [SIZE="1"][I]Shaddup[/I][/SIZE] [/COLOR][/QUOTE]Actually since I know you actually do like Rachmaninoff's second Piano Concerto, I'm not surprised you gave this a whirl. Instead of killing it after 30 seconds like you usually do. *pokes you* It has quotes from the moderato or rather first moment of Rachmaninoff's piece. =P And since I'm here, I'm now listening to it as well. Heh.

[FONT="Tahoma"]Switch to the [B]Caramelldansen[/B] skin, click on the jukebox and you'll hear what I'm listening to. o_O The reason why... I was up too late last night. First with the Voice Actor chat that was hosted at theOtaku and then talking to friends on AIM. Net result... six hours of sleep. XP So I'm using the song to wake myself up! XD [/FONT]

Guest sasusakulover18
I am listening to Three Days Grace Animal I have become and Home.Then I plan on listening to Breaking Benjamin Diary of Jane and Dance with the Devil

Ugly Casanova

My friend just introduced me to them last night, and I fell in love with them. They have a Modest Mouse vibe, (obviously, considering it's the lead singer from Modest Mouse) mixed with an Iron & Wine/mewithoutYou feeling... I really love them.

And the name is awesome!

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Today... Let's see. Well, this has been constantly running through my iPod earbuds- [url=www.myspace.com/thesiblingproject]The Sibling Project [/url]. Beautiful music, and catchy. Great acoustic guitar, with synth beats, keys, and amazing vocals over it. Very mellow music. For fans of any kind of indie rock, pop, and acoustic music. Tegan and Sara fans, probably. :]

Other than that. [B]The Strokes, The Panthers, Envy, Hot Cross, Raein, I Wrote Haikus About Cannibalism In Your Yearbook[/B], etc. have also occupied my iPod.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[font=trebuchet ms] I recently got to interview this band called [b]Hot Chip[/b], I had no idea who they were at first so I spent a while getting all their background info and listening to their stuff. I actually liked it a lot, especially their songs [i]Over and Over[/i] and [i]Ready for the Dance Floor[/i].

Anyone who likes electro-pop, or the whole offbeat Indie thing would probably enjoy them.[/font]

[SIZE="1"]Still listening to [B]Breaking Benjamin[/B], although I've moved on to their [B]Phobia[/B] album, currently I tend to flick between [i]Unknown Soldier[/i], [i]Evil Angel[/i] and [i]Dance with the Devil[/i] although I've listened to the entire album quite a few times without stopping and the only song I don't particularly care for is [i]Topless[/i] (too much screaming again).[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Still listening to [B]Breaking Benjamin[/B], although I've moved on to their [B]Phobia[/B] album, currently I tend to flick between [i]Unknown Soldier[/i], [i]Evil Angel[/i] and [i]Dance with the Devil[/i] although I've listened to the entire album quite a few times without stopping and the only song I don't particularly care for is [i]Topless[/i] (too much screaming again).[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]I really enjoyed Phobia- it's the first Breaking Benjamin CD I've bought and I liked it so much I forced it on friends and loved ones.[b] Unknown Soldier[/b] is definately one of my repeats. But I have to say my favorite track on the CD is [B]Until The End[/B] I haven't listened to the CD in a while though, but now I think I might.

Currently I'm playing [B]The Heart of Everything [/B]from [B]Within Temptation[/B] on near eternal repeat. My favorite song on the CD is [B]Hand of Sorrow[/B] The song has inspired a half written short story right now. Other choice tracks on here are [B]Truth Beneath The Rose[/B] and [B]All I Need[/B] I'm starting to get hooked on [B]The Cross[/B] too I haven't figured out why yet. I just have to say that I wish they hadn't included [B]Stand My Ground[/B] on this CD as well since it's already on [B]Silent Force[/B] and I own that one too. Don't get me wrong it's a good song, but I didn't need different CDs of it.

Oh yeah and if I decide to give [B]The Heart of Everything[/B], [B]Silent Force[/B] and [B]Taking The Long Way[/B] a break I usually go for Wicked- the songs from the Broadway musical. I saw the play back in June and I loved it. My favorite songs from the play were [B]What is This Feeling[/B] because it definately fits when Elphaba and Galinda first meet [B]Popular[/B] because the acting during that number was hilarious and [B]Defying Gravity[/B].

Wow, informative and Ecclectic.[/color]

[FONT="Arial"]Right now I'm listening to [B]Stargazers[/B] by[B] Nightwish[/B]. It seems more like classical hard rock than metal to me. No offense to metal, but I've heard very few groups as solidly put together as this one is (at least out of what I've heard so far, which isn't a whole lot to be honest). I'm sure someone could correct me if they so chose. I'm far to lazy to bother and hunt for good ones since I'm not into the scream side of metal so I tend to avoid it. I'm mainly checking this out since my girlfriend is really into this group so I got curious about it. [/FONT]

[color=#9933ff]I haven't listened to it in a while, but I just dug [B]Within a Mile of Home[/B] by [B]Flogging Molly[/B] out of my music folder to see if that would help me write- or maybe even find a theme song. The lead singer's voice is really nice. And I think it's interesting that you can still hear their Irish accents in the songs. You don;t relaly hear that with most nationalities and sometimes even with country singers.

Yeah maybe I'll get another one of their CDs. And I have to find the Rock Against Bush CDs- someone stole them from me a few years ago when I did packaging and I've only now decided I want them back.[/color]

[SIZE="1"]Being the utter animutard that I am, and considering I just started watching the second season of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, I'm currently listening to [b]Kuusou Rumba[/b] by [b]Kenji Ootsuki & the Zetsubou Girls[/b]. I was a little apprehensive about the OP switch from season one to season two [as I loved the original], but...pardon the all caps, but THIS SONG IS FSKING AMAZING. I can't explain it, I just love pretty much everything about it [sans the ending, where it pretty much turns into elevator music...].

If I'm not listening to that, then in between every 5000 or so plays, I'll be listening to [b]Take On Me[/b] by [b]A-Ha[/b]. Great 80s song, probably my favorite from the decade [so much so, I have it as my current ringtone, lawl].[/SIZE]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]I'm listening to [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Sz2yW9reIg"]Gyroscope - Snakeskin[/URL] liamc2 sent me the link. It's got a nice flow and sound to it. I'm not too familiar with the group though. I'll have to check them out. =P[/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][CENTER][B] Now:[/B] Better Than Heaven
[B] Artist:[/B] Bloc Party
[B] Album:[/B] Intimacy[/CENTER]

The first half of the track is very dark and bumpy, electronic blips trailed by a thick bassline and echo-y guitars with the xylophone thrown in for good measure.

Then after the 2min50sec mark, the band makes a return to form with a violently dance punk fueled interlude, I think this is the standout track of the album which showcases an equal balance between their new electronic radiohead-esque sound and their catchy dance punk roots.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Sangome'][SIZE="1"][b]Sorairo Days[/b] by [b]Shouko Nakagawa[/b], i.e. the TTGL opening.

Second best anime opening EVAR. It's filled with pep and amazingness and stuff and...yeah. I dunno.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Took the words right out of my mouth Sangome, I've been binging on [I]Sorairo Days[/I] and [I]Happily Ever After[/I] for the last few days after getting into Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Outside of anime songs, I've been re-listening to [B]Shinedown[/B]'s [B]Sound of Madness[/B] album. Originally I didn't think much of them, but now, the more I listen, the more I like it. [i]Devour[/i] is pretty good, but I think [i]Call Me[/i], [I]Breaking Inside[/I] and a lot of the songs that use acoustic guitars are far, far better, or perhaps don't lose their quality as quickly.[/SIZE]

[color=#9933ff][B]Pam Tillis All This Love[/B] Yes CHW listens to country.

To be more exact at this very moment I'm listening to [B]Mandolin Rain[/B] followed by [B]Sunset Red and Pale Moonlight[/B]

I bought this CD (at a used book store in one of the local libraries for 2$) because of the song [B]The River and the Highway[/B] that I heard on the radio back in February and decided I really liked the song, but didn't know if I'd be willing to spend full price on one song (just for reference- I got the[B] Flogging Molly [/B]CD from my ex-husband since he left it in our daughter's stuff after a visit and never asked for it back :animesmil) I'm really thrilled with the whole CD.[B] Betty's Got a Bassboa[/B]t though... well hey it is a country CD[/color]

[SIZE="1"]...I'm back to [b]Kuusou Rumba[/b] again.

I'm addicted. Someone rescue me.

Actually, I'm becoming re-aquainted with [b]Suddenly I See[/b] by [b]KT Tunstall[/b], which has been one of, if not my favorite song for the past couple of years now. Everything about it is just...wow. I can't really explain it [I fail at describing songs], so go give it a listen if you haven't already. *too lazy to go gank it off Youtube, especially on the clunky home comp*

[/SIZE]