OtakuBoards

What Are You Listening To?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[quote name='Aberinkula'][FONT="Tahoma"]I just finished listening to Lip Gloss & Black, one of Atreyu's enjoyable songs. I mean, sure, I like them, but to be honest their old stuff isn't very enjoyable. However, I love the stuff from Lead Sails Paper Anchor. The cover of Epic, originally by Faith no More, is a fun song to listen to. Slow Burn, is another fun song too. Becoming the Bull is a Pretty energetic song and Falling Down is a good party song too... love the video. Now I know what you're thinking "Prem, those are just the singles!" But still...

Today I've been listening to Saosin quite a bit. Earlier I had no clue that Anthony Green [I]was [/I]a part of this band. In all honesty, I don't like his work with Avalon... unless that was just a song... but anyways. I'm interested in listening to The Sound of Animals Fighting as well. Anyways, Saosin is pretty good. Their song I Never Wanted to is pretty good, and I kind of liked Bury Your Head. Hopefully if I get chance to get on the school's computer, I'll listen to some more from them, as well a stuff from The Sound of Animals Fighting. Now that I remember, I might also check out Circa Survive, hopefully I'll like them as well.
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Anthony's solo stuff isn't as good as his work with CS and TSOAF. TSOAF are just pure experimental music, and their music is all over the place, really. It's really good, and really weird music. CS is amazing, as far as my opinion goes. Also very good. I'm not much for Saosin, though, but CS really isn't like Saosin. CS is much more experimental, incorporating elements of prog and math... Both bands are definitely worth checking out.

I'm listening to [I]Tiger and the Duke[/I] by The Sounds of Animals Fighting now. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[U][url=http://www.myspace.com/paranoiadanceparty]Paranoia Dance Party[/url].[/U]

[FONT="Arial"]I saw them a couple nights ago and they were so much fun. They're a local band that fuses ska, disco, and screamo and even some samples from the Pokemon gameboy games.

The guitarist broke the neck right off of his white Gibson SG when he hit a cymbal with the headstock during the very first song. But they borrowed another guitar and kept playing! If I had been at the show with different people I probably would have joined the circle pit. I hope I can go see them again sometime.[/FONT]

[quote name='Clurr'][U][url=http://www.myspace.com/paranoiadanceparty]Paranoia Dance Party[/url].[/U]

[FONT="Arial"]I saw them a couple nights ago and they were so much fun. They're a local band that fuses ska, disco, and screamo and even some samples from the Pokemon gameboy games.

The guitarist broke the neck right off of his white Gibson SG when he hit a cymbal with the headstock during the very first song. But they borrowed another guitar and kept playing! If I had been at the show with different people I probably would have joined the circle pit. I hope I can go see them again sometime.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="HotPink"][SIZE="1"]I got their EP as of... last night, haha. :] It's really good, actually, I just wish there was more distinction from one song to the next. A lot of original vibes on the CD though. :D

I'm listening to Maps and Atlases right now. My favorite guitarists ever inhabit that band, and the music is relatively accessible for anyone, even though it's math rock. [I]Tree, Swallows, Houses[/I] is my favorite CD by them, and that would be the one that has mega-super-amazing guitar on it. And most of it is pure clean tapping. The band as a whole is amazing, because their bassist and drummer can hold their own just fine, but it's the guitarists that stick out the most.. :] [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='botar15']You know whose better than Paranoia Dance Party? Streetlight Manifesto! The best ska band ever to grace my ears with god like horns and amazing vocals![/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Streetlight Manifesto are great, really can't be compared to PDP though, but SM are an amazing ska band from most of what I've heard by them. I have to be in the mood to listen to ska, though.

I'm listening to [B]Clap Your Hands Say Yeah[/B]. Just pure indie rock. :] Well I was when I typed that, but then it changed to [B]Lagwagon[/B]. Lagwagon are my favorite punk band, even though I don't listen to a whole lot of punk bands...

...So yeah.. how about Blink 182 getting back together? Anyone excited besides me? No? sigh. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='botar15']Blink 182 is getting back together? finally, So is travis barker going back to? He was good with Blink 182 and The Aquabats, a great ska band.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Yeah... they announced them getting back together on February 8th, actually. So we can be expecting a new CD and tour dates.. I'm pretty excited about it all. :D

Currently listening to [B]Taking Back Sunday[/B]. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='botar15']Listening to the mighty mighty bosstones, anyone heard of them? there also a great ska band. I skank to them all the time! LOL :) Also Rx Bandits are amazing.[/QUOTE]
[FONT="Arial"]
I'm not really into ska. I have a couple of songs by Catch-22 and PDP and that's it, haha. I only went to a ska show because I've never been to a show before and I finally had the chance to. Don't get me wrong, I loved the bands; ska is just not something I can listen to at home.

I like pretty much every type of music when it's being played live, haha.

Right now I'm listening to [B]She & Him[/B], which is fronted by the actress Zooey Deschanel (Elf, Bridge to Terabithia, I don't know what else, etc). They have this really old vibe, maybe like the Carpenters with slide guitar. I know people have compared them to Linda Ronstadt, but I wouldn't really know. I just know they play pretty soft music about love and it is so wonderful.

[U][url]www.myspace.com/sheandhim[/url][/U]

My favorite songs of theirs aren't on their myspace, though I am fond of "Sentimental Heart." I really really like their cover of the Beatles' "I Should've Known Better," and my favorite is probably "Sweet Darlin'."

All their songs make me really sad because of how my life is currently going, though.[/FONT]

[quote name='Nomurah!'][SIZE=1][COLOR=HotPink]...So yeah.. how about Blink 182 getting back together? Anyone excited besides me? No? sigh. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]
[COLOR=Blue]Oh, trust me, you're not alone. My friend and I have been huge Blink fans forever so this announcement was fantastic news. I'm not sure if you've been following their progress (admittedly, I got this from my friend) but they're 5 or 6 songs into their next album already. And as an interesting bit of trivia, Travis Barker actually recorded the drums for these tracks with no feeling in his left arm (due to the plane crash he was in).

So yeah, I guess to sum it up, I'm excited too.

And to stay on topic, I'm currently listening to nothing. The silence is nice while trying to recover from being sick.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Petie][COLOR=Blue']And to stay on topic, I'm currently listening to nothing. The silence is nice while trying to recover from being sick.[/COLOR][/quote]I hate when that happens. Being sick is bad enough, but to find music intolerable always seems like I'm betraying something somehow. =P

Anyway, I'm listening to this: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GapcOEV8vCk"][U]Theatre of Tragedy - Voices[/U][/URL] It's not what I normally listen to. One of my friends forwarded the link to me earlier today. I'm not sure why they thought I would like it. I didn't outright dislike it, but I'd never bother to pick up a copy of the song.

[quote name='Petie'][COLOR=Blue]Oh, trust me, you're not alone. My friend and I have been huge Blink fans forever so this announcement was fantastic news. I'm not sure if you've been following their progress (admittedly, I got this from my friend) but they're 5 or 6 songs into their next album already. And as an interesting bit of trivia, Travis Barker actually recorded the drums for these tracks with no feeling in his left arm (due to the plane crash he was in).

So yeah, I guess to sum it up, I'm excited too.

And to stay on topic, I'm currently listening to nothing. The silence is nice while trying to recover from being sick.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]I had been wondering how Travis could bounce back from his injuries, right back into Blink 182, but I guess that makes sense... But really... no feeling? Ha. I'm not sure if you're pulling my leg, or not, but that's pretty crazy.

I'm listening to [B]Broken Social Scene[/B]. Very artsy, very peaceful and creative music. The band actually contains a total of [I]16 members[/I] I believe. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']I hate when that happens. Being sick is bad enough, but to find music intolerable always seems like I'm betraying something somehow. =P[/quote]
[COLOR=Blue]Haha, I know what you mean. At that point though, it was really just because I had an awful headache so pretty much any noise didn't help too much there.[/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]Plus, with me being too lazy to get up and get my iPod, the only music I could hear at the time was coming from some unnecessarily loud speakers from somewhere else in the dorm and that wasn't exactly my cup of tea either (I can't believe I just used that expression...).[/COLOR]

[quote name='Nomurah!'][SIZE=1][COLOR=HotPink]I had been wondering how Travis could bounce back from his injuries, right back into Blink 182, but I guess that makes sense... But really... no feeling? Ha. I'm not sure if you're pulling my leg, or not, but that's pretty crazy.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]
[COLOR=Blue]I am most certainly not pulling your leg (unless my friend did a very good job of pulling mine). Evidently, he hadn't told anyone he couldn't feel his arm and the only reason the other two found out was because at some point during a set, he cut himself pretty badly and was bleeding all over the place. He didn't feel it but the others noticed when his drums started to get bloody. The way I see it, this story is just a little bit too absurd to make up on the spot so I believe it. Take what you will from that.

Finally, I'm listening to the [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YLQvKX_W6I"]School Rumble intro[/URL] because it happens to be on TV right now.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]So I was bored the other day and listening to Daft Punk's Alive 2007 album.

And this led me to finding a song by Stardust from the 90s.

"Music Sounds Better With You."

Findable on youtube. I recommend it, very chill house music to relax to.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[URL="http://blog.wired.com/music/2008/04/a-scientific-at.html"][U]MP3: Scientific Attempt To Create Most Annoying Song Ever[/U][/URL]

Because Beth linked me to this, I think she got it from Anomaly. I can about guarentee I wouldn't end up listening to it otherwise. lol Anyway it's twenty minutes long and though it's [I]supposed[/I] to be the most annoying song ever, it's actually pretty funny to listen too.

I don't know if I could tolerate it again, but the opera rapping was hilarious. =P So give it a listen if you want something to laugh at.

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]Well I have my playlist on scramble while I write and chat so right now it's on (don't laugh) [B]Morning Glory by Be for U[/B]. My friend got me on to the song... which my daughter refers to as a chipmunk song she says the same about [B]Honey Punch[/B] which is by the same band.

In my car is another mixed CD right now although I do have Taylor Swift's new CD but I haven't gotten around to listening to it yet. [/color][/size][/font]

[SIZE="1"]Right now I'm listening to [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKLpJtvzlEI][B]Lux Aeterna[/B][/url] from Requiem for Dream, there's something hauntingly beautiful about the piece I really enjoy.[/SIZE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4] Chibi Tsk! Thirty-one times is child's play. When you listen about forty times then you can brag. [spoiler]I did that with [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAoWUkFawzc"]The Hand of Sorrow[/URL] by Within Temptation.[/spoiler] Sorry I couldn't find an actual video but this one is pretty good.

I'm listening to [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jiu7xw2dEI&playnext_from=PL&feature=PlayList&p=16F41A3763DE75B2&playnext=1&index=2"]When God Feaing Women Get the Blues[/URL] by Martina McBride. Love this song!! It's got this whole: 'Don't get me angry because I will get me a Mustang and drive it around town, run up all your credit cards and get the heck out of town leaving you with the bill, 'ya hear?' feel to it. Plus you can dance to it as well.

I saw [B]Martina McBride[/B] perform this live when she opened for [B]Reba McIntyre[/B] at the [B]Girls Night Out Concert tour [/B]in 2001.

Oh and PS don't let the opening of the video fool you, this is really a music video not a news report [/color][/font][/size]

[FONT="Arial"]Right now I'm listening to [u][url=http://www.myspace.com/clurronherown]The Absent Color[/url].[/u] (CLICK IT!!)

It's me! Hooray! I play acoustic love songs and soft instrumentals. It would mean a lot to me if you could, y'know, check it out and maybe add me as a friend. Musicians aren't much without people to listen to them, and I need to have a lot more of those. Maybe you'll like me.[/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"]Besides the normal stuff I listen to, I have a new CD. It's Fear Before by Fear Before the March of Flames. It's a pretty good CD, it's smart hardcore. The vocalist doesn't use throat-tearing growls and screams all the time, but saves them for the right moment. Tree Man, Fear Before Doesn't Listen to People Who Don't Like Them and Jabborwocky are some pretty good songs on the album.[/SIZE][/FONT]

I'm listenin to
The bird and the Worm by The used (Awesome song! My current fav.!)
Hospital by the used
Paralyzed by the used
Those nights by skillet
Go! by Flow
Buiikikaesu!!!! by Maximum The Hormone (awesome!!!!!)
Real Emotion by Sweet Box
Kibouhou by Strawberry Jam
O2 by Orange Range
Egao no wake From Shounen Onmyouji
For Real By Tokuyama Hidenori

Ah! That's all I can think of. I have Alot more but My brains kinda fried. From school

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Tahoma"]Lately, I've been listening to Circle Takes the Sqare. I've songs by them on my compuer and they take up most of my playing time. My favorite songs by them are Same Shade as Concrete, Kill the Switch and a Crator to Cough in. I'm going to try and get some other songs (like Comes With the Fall) sometime. Anyways, they've manged to secure the spot of my 2nd favorite band. That spot was once occupied by Coheed and Cambria. But I really don't listen to them anymore... hardly at all so...

However, my third favorite band, Chevelle, remains in it's spot. My favorite by them now is Sleep Walking Elite. You can get it off the Best Buy version of Vena Sera only. Thank god my friend has the song. I really love it.[/FONT][/SIZE]