OtakuBoards

What Are You Listening To?

.:[ Revy ]:.

I think the song that is blasting in my head and I find myself singing it all the time is called "Never Knew". It is by a band called The Rocket Summer. I heard the song on a radio station in New Mexico and I just had to know what it was called. For awhile I thought the title of the song was called something else and I tried looking it up by that title only to be utterly rejected. Finally I figured it out by listening to random tracks by the band and I found it! I cant stop singing this song....and the music is just amazingly done. Im hoping one day me and the guys can play this song for fun...it would be soo cool!

[COLOR="Navy"]Well............at this particular moment and time and hour, I'm hooked on the Veronicas and My Chemical Romance. They are like the coolest bands so far! Hmmm.......Tokio Hotel is another favorite of mine and I'm also currently warming up to Lady Gaga.:animesmil[/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]I'm listening to [B]Mates of State[/B] right now, just because I've never done so. I'm digging it. I recently got a lastfm... It doesn't tell much about me as far as my favorites go, but it does tell what bands I've been listening to lately, for the most part on my itunes.

[url]http://www.last.fm/user/Kazuwanomura[/url][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[color=royalblue][size=1]

I've just bought the new [b]Wretched[/b] record after they signed to Victory. It's pretty nice, the mix is different on some songs, I liked the demo version better on a few, but its still some tasty melodic deathcore.

Also I've been pretty addicted to acoustic pop-punk lately. Particularly the songs:

"Remembering Sunday" by [b]All Time Low[/b]
"Cute Without The E" by [b]Taking Back Sunday[/b]

and

"Three Cheers For Five Years" by [b]Mayday Parade[/b].[/color][/size]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Tahoma"]I'm listening to [B]Doing It All For My Baby[/B] by Huey Lewis and the News. Or I should say my mom is listening to it and I'm just getting it by default since the door to my room is open. XD I don't mind though, their music is pretty good actually. [/FONT][/COLOR]

You kids all dissapointment. Where's the brutality?

On a related note, I sure do enjoy this here [b]Attack! Attack![/b] CD. They have some of the awesomest song-titles ever like "Kickin' Wing, Animal Doctor" and "The People's Elbow". No one quite blends Screamo Post-Hardcore with Euro-Dance Pop quite like those kids. Best song, must listen, "Stick Stickly" which starts has two breakdowns. The second starts with a full-on top of the lung scream and then fades into a straight rave-party electro bit.

Bad-assery ensues.

Also [b]Carnifex[/b] wins the prize for most awesome mid-song quote into breakdown in their hit single, "Lie To My Face".

WHAT THE F---!

[i]JUUUUUUUUUUUST!!! LIE! TO! ME![/i][/color][/size]

War by Sick Puppies. Heard it on the Street Fighter IV commercial. Checked it out, and some of their other stuff. Deeply disappointed. They remind me of an even more repetitive Lunatic Calm.

So we're going to switch to Bayside's They're Not Horses, They're Unicorns.

...And then we turn that off and listen to some old school NWA. *thumbs up*

[quote name='Chaos']War by Sick Puppies. Heard it on the Street Fighter IV commercial. Checked it out, and some of their other stuff. Deeply disappointed. They remind me of an even more repetitive Lunatic Calm.

So we're going to switch to Bayside's They're Not Horses, They're Unicorns.

...And then we turn that off and listen to some old school NWA. *thumbs up*[/QUOTE]

You have good taste sir. Bayside is signed to the same label as Between The Buried And Me, Wretched, Emmure, and A Day To Remember.

Which reminds me. BTBAM plays a show in my town on saturday. Doom is impending.[/color][/size]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Songs I'm currently digging a lot:

?The District Sleeps Alone Tonight by The Postal Service
?#41 by Dave Matthews Band
?Why Georgia by John Mayer
?Such Great Heights by Iron & Wine
?Oh, It Is Love by Hellogoodbye
?Anthems for a Seventeen Year Old Girl by Broken Social Scene
?Boy With A Moon & Star on His Head by Cat Stevens
?Go Ahead by Rilo Kiley

I'm working towards more mellow playlists as of late.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[color=deeppink]I've started listening to a lot of The Polyphonic Spree lately. This disturbs me to no end.

Other than that, I've been going through another Pink Floyd phase, which is another way of saying "I'm in a dour mood."[/color]

• 2 weeks later...

I've been listening to alot of [b]At The Thrones Of Judgement[/b], a fantastically epic death metal/deathcore band who's songs are usually about things ranging from Ancient Rome to Egyptian mythology to Pirates. Brutality reigns.

Also started listening to [b]Drop Dead, Gorgeous[/b], a boat I am late to jump on. But with song titles like "Knife vs. Face: Round 1" how could I not listen to them?[/color][/size]

[quote name='Zen'][color=royalblue][size=1]

You kids all dissapointment. Where's the brutality?

On a related note, I sure do enjoy this here [b]Attack! Attack![/b] CD. They have some of the awesomest song-titles ever like "Kickin' Wing, Animal Doctor" and "The People's Elbow". No one quite blends Screamo Post-Hardcore with Euro-Dance Pop quite like those kids. Best song, must listen, "Stick Stickly" which starts has two breakdowns. The second starts with a full-on top of the lung scream and then fades into a straight rave-party electro bit.

Bad-assery ensues.
![/i][/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Saw them live last month actually, one of the best shows I've seen in a while. They're not one of my favorite bands, but I won't doubt that they're good at what they do. :]

Lately, all I've listened to is Coldplay, Death Cab for Cutie, Bloc Party, and quite a few hardcore bands like Have Heart and Black My Heart. Add Emmure, Carnifex, and Embrace the End to that as well. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Nomurah!'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Saw them live last month actually, one of the best shows I've seen in a while. They're not one of my favorite bands, but I won't doubt that they're good at what they do. :]

Lately, all I've listened to is Coldplay, Death Cab for Cutie, Bloc Party, and quite a few hardcore bands like Have Heart and Black My Heart. Add Emmure, Carnifex, and Embrace the End to that as well. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

I get to see them at a show next tuesday with Dance Gavin Dance and A Skylit Drive. I'm very excited.

Also, [b]Carnifex[/b] and [b]Emmure[/b] are super awesome. I commend you, sir.

[/color][/size]

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]Previously I was listening to [B][I]Third Stone From The Sun[/I][/B] by [B]Jimi Hendrix[/B].

Now I'm listening to the ticking and working of my external hard drive and my laptop. I'm transferring all of the music I have on my laptop to my external for safe keeping. :D

But once that's done I'll probably listen to some [B]MC Frontalot[/B]. lol.[/FONT][/SIZE]

At the moment... well... I listen to a LOT of music :)
I listen to Papercut by Linkin Park, and My Apocalypse by Escape the Fate and also The Guillotine by the same band.
I'm also listening to some of the Naruto themes- Kimi Monogatari and Fighting Dreamers, and the Death Note themes- such as Zetsubou Billy and Aluminia.
And then if I feel like going down memory lane I play 'Tears Don't Fall' by Bullet For My Valentine... but I rarely play that song. It is more of a sad song to me :)
Then I go and create my own little tunes on the piano which sounds like some strange cross between Sadness and Sorrow (Naruto), and Waking the Demon (Bullet For My Valentine). That might sound like a weird cross but believe me, it works!
For calming music, I listen to the Noir Original Sountrack 2... I think Yuki Kajiura and the other composers on the soundtrack are amazing.

[b]The Lonely Island[/b].

Manage to be catchy, funny, and not annoying at all. The exact opposite of Weird Al.

Favorite song by far, "I'm On A Boat" ft. T-Pain.

I love you Adam Samberg.[/color][/size]