OtakuBoards

What Are You Listening To?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]One word... SILVERSTEIN! I just bought A Shipwreck in the Sand, and I'm impressed. They're a lot better then I thuoght they would be. There are some pretty good songs on the CD too.

I'll edit in a good review after I've spent some time with [strike]her[/strike] it.[/FONT]

[quote name='Jabberwocky'][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]One word... SILVERSTEIN! I just bought A Shipwreck in the Sand, and I'm impressed. They're a lot better then I thuoght they would be. There are some pretty good songs on the CD too.

I'll edit in a good review after I've spent some time with [strike]her[/strike] it.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color="darkgreen"] Silverstein is a good band, I personally like there arivals and departures cd.[/color]

[quote name='Botar'][color="darkgreen"] Silverstein is a good band, I personally like there arivals and departures cd.[/color][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Well Botar, all I've got to say is this... listen to this CD. This album is pretty kick arse. It's a concept album, which is always enjoyable in my opinion. It's got a few guests from bands like Cancer Bats and Comeback Kid. Plus guest vocals by some, Light, chick. I don't know who she is, but she isn't that bad.[/FONT]

Recently I've been listening to Casker too much for it to be considered healthy. They have the typical bossa nova sound of pretty much every indie K-pop band, but with an additional infectious happiness that I can't help but love. The lead singer's soft vocals make me feel as though I'm relaxing in some remote coffee shop. Casker is the soundtrack for my morning routine.

[YOUTUBE=모든 토요일 (Every Saturday)]qlO7G5tYIsg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE=너에게 (To You)]5LddtabDxuk[/YOUTUBE]

[color=royalblue][size=1]

These three songs on repeat pretty much...

[YOUTUBE= A Day To Remember - "Monument"]StIQwu5vwEk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE= Decapitated -"Spheres of Madness"]vfRT5FZYI10[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE= Bring Me The Horizon - "Diamonds Aren't Forever"]kynUSL8fr_4[/YOUTUBE]
That's about it.[/color][/size]

[SIZE="1"]Currently playing iTunes on random/shuffle/whatever it's called and among the recent songs were [I]Heavy Metal Jesus[/I] by [B]Dream Evil[/B], [i]New Divide[/i] by [b]Linkin Park[/b] and [i]Lost Realist[/i] by [b]Trapt[/b].[/SIZE]

Right now I'm listening to [i]"Arabesque Romanesque"[/i] by ALI PROJECT. [URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M1m9R363Gs][link] because the YouTube tags hate me.[/url]

It's a nice song, very classical-like. I feel their non-lyrical pieces are among some of their strongest, actually. [See: .hack//Roots' [i]"give honour to our fellow"[/i]]

Upgrade^Brigade (demo) by Fair To Midland. They're a nice Folk-Rock/Metal band with really well played instrumental, and a vocal with a unique style and great range.

Though this band is sometimes on the heavy side of Rock, the really don't have any filler tracks or non-melodic songs.

I wouldn't be suprised if a lot of you already know them, I mean they are getting bigger and bigger, and they are signed to Serj Tankian's (Solo, System of a Down) record label Serjical Strike.

They have a very distinct mood they put you in and it's like I'm in a Fair To Midland mood. They are the type of band you can't enjoy with just a distracted listen, you almost have to be by yourself when you hear them for the first time so you can kind of feel it I guess.

I've been listening to alot of this lately:

[YOUTUBE= Animosity - "The Black Page"]VejQ-AATTac[/YOUTUBE]

Sweet, beautiful chaos. I love it.

[YOUTUBE= Minor Threat - "Sob Story"]qRynP5M9qPI[/YOUTUBE]

Classic Hardcore. Oh yes.[/color][/size]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]I'm listening to [B]Hell or High Water[/B] by [B]As Cities Burn[/B].. The album in my opinion is their best work yet. Also been listening to [B]A Bullet for Pretty Boy[/B] lately, I've seen them live twice just this week. Never hardcore danced more in my life than last night, when I played a show with them, hah. :] Nicest guys on the planet too. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[size="1"]oh and p.s- any kids that want something than different then old hardcore punk and metalcore or deathcore... check out new hardcore. [B]Have Heart. Black My Heart. Hoods. Stick to Your Guns. First Blood. Trash Talk. Thick as Blood. [/B][/size]

[quote name='Nomurah!'][SIZE="1"]

[size="1"]oh and p.s- any kids that want something than different then old hardcore punk and metalcore or deathcore... check out new hardcore. [B]Have Heart. Black My Heart. Hoods. Stick to Your Guns. First Blood. Trash Talk. Thick as Blood. [/B][/size][/QUOTE]

[color=roaylblue][size=1]

Add [b]Four Year Strong[/b] to that list and you got yourself something.[/color][/size]

edit* the video will not post for some reason.

Scar Symmetry - Quantumleaper

Melodic Death Metel with angry growls and sorrow filled, yet enlightening singing vocals. A very nice blend, nice production as well.

All the voices are one guy. Christian Alvestam, a very talented vocalist.

Other things about the band:

Their lyrics make you think, especially on their latest album, Holographic Universe, which has a theme of quantum physics and mixes their own thoughts as a person, morals I guess you could say.

If you like the singing without the growling, then you should check out their song Ghost Prototype I: Measurement of Though. It only has one short growl part, but the rest is all high-flying, almost fun sounding, singing.

The band just got rid of this singer last year, because of differences wanting to tour, and creative differences. He has another band now though that he is working on, as well as several that already has album material with.

The one he is working on is called Solution .45, and you can find it at myspace.com/solution45 where their is a seven or so minute sampler of their promo.

[SIZE=1]Currently listening to [B]Duke Special [/B]and his most recent album [B]I Never Thought This Day Would Come[/B]. I only discovered the Duke earlier today and I'm already pretty hooked. He's got a really cool singing voice - his Northern Irish accent comes through pretty thick and it sounds really good alongside his off-kilter piano playing. He apparently sometimes plays just by himself with a gramaphone playing old vinyl records, sometimes with a big band playing loads of crazy instruments. He also invented "hobo chic," apparently.

Favourite song is currently [B]Our Love Runs Deeper Than This[/B], but I haven't had a really good listen to the rest of the album yet. However, even after a quick once-over, I thoroughly recommend [B]Duke Special[/B].
[/SIZE]

I'm currently listening to [B]Me Gustas Tu[/B] by [B]Manu Chao[/B] -- the band is highly recommended.

Quoth Last.fm: "Manu Chao is a French Latin folk singer of French and Spanish (Basque/Galician) origin." He also sings quite a bit in English as well.

He's very talented and pretty well known in France; specifically Paris as that's where he's centered.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzgjiPBCsss"]Here's a link to it on YouTube[/URL]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Right now I'm listening to See, Saw by Fair to Midland. It's one of their longest songs clocking in at 7:29 and it's one of their most craziet tracks. The beginning is filled with heavy vocals and great guitar. It switches from heavy and loud to soft and quiet quite a few times.

After the second chorus it goes into this weird breakdown where it sounds like Darroh Sudderth (The vocalist) is singing like some weird sheep. The rest of the song is quiet then energetic once more as it ends with heavy screamy vocals that close the song.

The funny thing about the song is the first line "Wait a second!" At first it sounds like a mix of two offensive slurs which is funny if you've seen the YouTube video... Ah inside Jokes... :animesigh

Also, because I haven't been on in a while, I've listened to some of the new Devil Wears Prada, and I must say, it's better than anything from Plagues. Don't think so? Listen to Big Wiggly Style, Dez Moines and Sassafras.

BTW, I'm still very much into Fear Before! :p[/FONT]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m37WG59ewc&feature=channel[/youtube]
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]I'm listening/and watching to this song. The last breakdown is pretty fricking tight.
I enjoy playing it quite a bit if you can't tell by watching it. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

I sent someone a link to [B]Weight[/B] by [B]Isis[/B] on Youtube earlier, and have since been trapped clicking between the tracks on [B]Oceanic[/B] in a totally random fashion. Isis seems to have that effect on me where once I start listening, I can't really pull myself away - their mood is so distinct and sort of magnetic. I still don't think there is a post-metal band that matches them yet.

[b]A Skylit Drive[/b]'s new album, [i]Adelphia[/i].

Also:

[youtube= A Skylit Drive - "Knights of the Round"]4KDiSKjj_A8[/youtube]

from their previous album, [i]Wires... And The Concept Of Breathing[/i].

They are, amongst the post-hardcore stock, a stand out in my opinion. They have a very talented, original sounding lead singer, their screams are distinctive, and their drumming is unorthodox for the genre and I really enjoy it. Also the drummer screams a bit along with the bassist. Good band.[/color][/size]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]I got a whole bunch of music from my friend including...

The whole [B]Frances the Mute [/B]album - [B]The Mars Volta [/B]
Eritarka, Since we've Been Wrong, Cotopaxi - [B]The Mars Volta[/B]
Take This Life, Alias, The Chosen Pessimist - [B]In Flames[/B]
The Beltway, Stiffback, An Occurance Duing the Restoration Proccess, My Mentor, Gaining One, Informative Timeline - [B]Fair to Midland[/B]
Suffocate, Cure my Tradegy, Stupid Girl, Gone Away, Rain Song, Change the World, The Day Seattle Died, Bleed, Just got Wicked and Wasted Years - [B]Cold[/B]
Sorrow - [B]Flyleaf[/B]
I Drilled a Wire Through my Cheek - [B]Blue October[/B]
Broken, Breakdown - [B]Seether[/B]
Blurry - [B]Puddle of Mudd[/B]
Still Jolly After All These Years, Ulrich Firelord: Breaker of Mountains, Corey Feldman Holocaust, Vlork: Mighty Wielder of Sheep, You Ain't no Family, Alakan Flounder Basket - [B]iwrestledabearonce[/B]
Jizz in my Pants - [B]The Lonely Island[/B]
The Memory Remains, Fade to Black - [B]Metallica[/B]
The Grace[B] - Neverending White Lights[/B]
Until You're Reformed - [B]Chevelle[/B]

Yeah, I got a crapload. Let's just say, I'm in love with Frances the Mute. It's atmosphere is just brilliant. Fair to Midland is still weird and iwrestledabearonce is amazing. The songs by In flames re Good as Well. The other songs are entertaining as well, I Drilled a Wire Through my Cheek is just brutal lyrically for such a soft band. And Jizz in my Pants? Priceless. So in other words, I've got a lot on my pallette! [/FONT]