OtakuBoards

What Are You Listening To?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[quote name='Jabberwocky'][FONT=Palatino Linotype]Right now I'm listening to See, Saw by Fair to Midland. It's one of their longest songs clocking in at 7:29 and it's one of their most craziet tracks. The beginning is filled with heavy vocals and great guitar. It switches from heavy and loud to soft and quiet quite a few times.

After the second chorus it goes into this weird breakdown where it sounds like Darroh Sudderth (The vocalist) is singing like some weird sheep. The rest of the song is quiet then energetic once more as it ends with heavy screamy vocals that close the song.

The funny thing about the song is the first line "Wait a second!" At first it sounds like a mix of two offensive slurs which is funny if you've seen the YouTube video... Ah inside Jokes... :animesigh

Also, because I haven't been on in a while, I've listened to some of the new Devil Wears Prada, and I must say, it's better than anything from Plagues. Don't think so? Listen to Big Wiggly Style, Dez Moines and Sassafras.

BTW, I'm still very much into Fear Before! :p[/FONT][/quote]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Sorry to question like this, but is the Fair To Midland song See, Saw off their first album Carbon Copy Silver Lining? I have I.F.S and Fables, and I also have some B-Sides and demos, but I don't have CCSL. The only song I've heard off that album was Gaining One.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]My nineties kicked in and I'm currently listening to:

Just a Girl- No Doubt
Loser- Beck
Give it Away- RHCP
Nuthin' but a G Thang- Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre
Faith No More- Epic
Go With the Flow- Queens of the Stone Age

Yeah, my music tastes are quite weird.[/FONT]

"ESCAFLOWNE! ESCAFLOWNE! ESCAFLOWNEEEE!"

*ahem* Yes, well, as you might be able to tell, I'm listening to "DANCE OF CURSE" by Yoko Kanno, from [I]The Vision of Escaflowne[/I] anime. Literally makes anything you're doing [U]epic[/U].

[quote name='HopscotchEyelid'][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Sorry to question like this, but is the Fair To Midland song See, Saw off their first album Carbon Copy Silver Lining? I have I.F.S and Fables, and I also have some B-Sides and demos, but I don't have CCSL. The only song I've heard off that album was Gaining One.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Yes it is, but I'm sure you can find some of the songs from that CD on the web. I know you can find Stiffback on ProjectPlayist. As for the rest I have no clue...

By the way, you're lucky you have I.F.S. the demos of songs like Dance of the Manatee rule.[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"][B]Maylene & the Sons of Disaster[/B]'s new album '[B]III[/B]'

NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE does it better than Maylene in my book. Since debuting back in '05 they have become what 'southern metal' truly means. Without a doubt [B]Maylene & the Sons of Disaster[/B] is, unequivocally, my favorite band.

Either way, without further ado I give you Maylene. Enjoy.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[CENTER][/CENTER]

I'm enjoying the sounds of "Another One Bites the Dust" by Queen. 'Cause the classics just never die. :3
And in case any of you [i]haven't[/i] heard this song, for whatever reason, here's a convenient link for ya:

[b][url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE]Another One Bites the Dust[/url][/b]

EDIT: The YouTube tags hate me. =n=

[QUOTE=Miss Anonymous]And in case any of you [i]haven't[/i] heard this song, for whatever reason, here's a convenient link for ya:

[b][url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE]Another One Bites the Dust[/url][/b]

EDIT: The YouTube tags hate me. =n=[/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial]They're a tad confusing, I agree. You actually need two things for them: information in the url, and whatever you want for the title. For a url like [url]www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE[/url], you should format like this:

[noparse][YOUTUBE="Title Junk"]rY0WxgSXdEE[/YOUTUBE][/noparse]

String of letters is what comes after the = in the address, and the title is actually what the pop-up box is asking you for; you put the video code between the tags yourself.[/FONT]

[color=royalblue][size=1]

These two songs, on like, repeat. (BTW- neither are as long as the videos, they are just messed up)[/color][/size]

[center]
[youtube= August Burns Red - "Speech Impediment"]n8nNnjdnXwQ[/youtube]
[youtube= August Burns Red - "Endorphins"]PwWwOVWih9M[/youtube][/center]

[font=trebuchet ms]If any of you like solid pop, you'll probably love these songs by Demi Lovato. I really like her, hope once she leaves Disney she can succeed with another label. Anyways, her new album leaked and I really like some of the songs. 'Here We Go Again'=solid/catchy pop song, 'Every Time You Lie'=more..."soulful", idk how to describe it, but I love it, 'Remember December'=another solid pop song.

[YOUTUBE="Demi Lovato- Here We Go Again"]yzPRfOAR0fs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="Demi Lovato- Every Time You Lie"]vWFWRLE1X3Q[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="Demi Lovato- Remember December"]9KPW68aQr8I[/YOUTUBE][/font]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]Went and saw [B]Maylene & the Sons of Disaster[/B] in concert on friday in Omaha, Nebraska, and they killed it. KILLED IT. Met Dallas Taylor, the lead singer and my inspiration for singing.
I was giddy as a girl and as I turned to leave I stopped, spun around and said; 'Hey, Dallas?'
He looked up and said; 'Yeah?'
I responded; 'This is the greatest day of my life.'
He laughed.

More [B]Maylene[/B]. Enjoy.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[CENTER][/CENTER]

[quote name='silpheedpilot'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]Went and saw [B]Maylene & the Sons of Disaster[/B] in concert on friday in Omaha, Nebraska, and they killed it. KILLED IT. Met Dallas Taylor, the lead singer and my inspiration for singing.
I was giddy as a girl and as I turned to leave I stopped, spun around and said; 'Hey, Dallas?'
He looked up and said; 'Yeah?'
I responded; 'This is the greatest day of my life.'
He laughed.[/size][/color][/QUOTE]

Wow, Joe.... really? Hahahaha.[/color][/size]

[quote name='Zen'][color=royalblue][size=1]

Wow, Joe.... really? Hahahaha.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]
[SIZE="1"]
[COLOR="SlateGray"]You tell me if you met the biggest inspiration in your life if it wouldn't, at least, be one of the greatest days of your life.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='silpheedpilot'][SIZE="1"]
[COLOR="SlateGray"]You tell me if you met the biggest inspiration in your life if it wouldn't, at least, be one of the greatest days of your life.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]It would be more than great. In my opinion, it would be monumental.[/FONT]

[quote name='silpheedpilot'][SIZE="1"]
[COLOR="SlateGray"]You tell me if you met the biggest inspiration in your life if it wouldn't, at least, be one of the greatest days of your life.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]
Nah man, it's just funny playing that series of events out in my head. I'm happy for ya, bro.[/size][/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Jabberwocky'][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]...Bring me the Horizon...

P.S. Suicide Season is an awesome album.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

This is truth.

Nobody has their sound. Nobody.[/color][/size]