OtakuBoards

What Are You Listening To?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[quote name='Botar'][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Yah, Johny Roten was just horrible, but the lyrics kicked ***. I only respect them for being a punk band.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]I don't listen to much of the original punk stuff, but I owe the existance of Hardcore to every punk artist of the olden days. Without them Hardcore wouldn't exist, which would mean I wouldn't exist as the entity I am today. [/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]look up Against Me! They are so ****ing amazing, some of the best songs are, "Pints Of Guinnes Make You Stronger" and "Baby I'm An Anarchist" They are probably one of my favorite bands in existance. [/COLOR]

[quote name='Botar'][COLOR="DarkGreen"]look up Against Me! They are so ****ing amazing, some of the best songs are, "Pints Of Guinnes Make You Stronger" and "Baby I'm An Anarchist" They are probably one of my favorite bands in existance. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]I've heard a few songs by them, hey are pretty good.

Ooo, speaking of Against, I like Rise Against.[/FONT]

[quote name='Botar'][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Blood Red, White, and Blue show his best vocals. Torches is another great one by them. I have one cd by them and it's amazing. Like The Angels is a great one to skate to.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Skateboarding... I was supposed to learn how to do that this summer but I ended up just hanging with friends and spending money on video games. But the kids around here are a nuisance, the town next to mine banned skateboarding because they're irresponsible. I remember when I used to watch Rocket Power constantly and wish I could meet Tony Hawk...my how things change!

I heard Suicidal Tendencies is a good band to skate to, I've always wondered...[/FONT]

[quote name='Botar'][COLOR="DarkGreen"]I'll be honest here, i've only heared that one song off of guitar hero by them, but it was pretty cool![/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Which one? Crap, I forgot got both of them >_>

There's the one on GH 2 and GH: Metallica...

BTW, Protest the Hero = Awesome vocals[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]Ashamed to admit it but I'm listening to [I]Live to Win[/I] at the minute, friend sent me a link to a hilarious Warhammer Online joke concerning a guild from our forum and I've kind of got addicted to the song while I play... Is that cause enough for an intervention ? [/SIZE]

[color=royalblue][size=1]

I've been listening to alot of overseas heavy music.

[b]Parkway Drive[/b]'s songs "Boneyards" and "Carrion" are my current 'play and replay' songs.

I'm also slowly becoming familiar with [b]Architects[/b] from England, a mathcore band, probably one of England's best. I can't help but see them as the friendly rivals of [b]Bring Me The Horizon[/b]. Like Gary Oak to Ash Ketchum.

Only with super heavy hardcore bands.[/color][/size]

I could never get into BTMH or Architects. I'm really, really into mathcore, but as for deathcore...meh, it's a genre I've only found a few choice gems in, personally.

As for what I've been listening to, it's been a lot of progressive metal, metalcore, mathcore, progressive rock (new and old), experimental rock, post-rock, post-hardcore and melodic death metal lately.

On the prog rock side, I've been listening to Coheed and Cambria a LOT recently; not only are they my favorite prog rock band, but they're my favorite band in general. I've also been listening to some Mars Volta, Pink Floyd, Circa Survive, The Dear Hunter, King Crimson, and 3.

As for progressive metal, Between the Buried and Me. Between the Buried and Me. Between the Buried and Me. Misery Signals. Between the Buried and Me.

Mathcore-wise, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Protest the Hero, The Human Abstract, The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza, The Number 12 Looks Like You, and Norma Jean are all good bands I've been listening to recently. All great examples of the genre, too.

Metalcore isn't a genre I really enjoy, but Killswitch Engage and As I Lay Dying are guilty pleasures.

Experimental rock gives light to The Fall of Troy, Fear Before the March of Flames, Thrice, and The Sound of Animals Fighting, all of which I've been giving listen to in the past couple of days. Post-rock bands I've been listening to are 65daysofstatic, Explosions in the Sky, and Godspeed You! Black Emperor.

Post-hardcore is such a hard genre to narrow down and multiple bands I've already listed could be considered post-hardcore, but I really felt I should list The Blood Brothers and At the Drive-In, two really good bands I haven't tired of yet.

Melodic death metal-wise, Amon Amarth, The Black Dahlia Murder, Arch Enemy, Mors Principium Est, In Flames, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, At the Gates...

I listen to way too much ****ing music.

[quote name='The Final Cut']I could never get into BTMH or Architects. I'm really, really into mathcore, but as for deathcore...meh, it's a genre I've only found a few choice gems in, personally.

As for what I've been listening to, it's been a lot of progressive metal, metalcore, mathcore, progressive rock (new and old), experimental rock, post-rock, post-hardcore and melodic death metal lately.

On the prog rock side, I've been listening to Coheed and Cambria a LOT recently; not only are they my favorite prog rock band, but they're my favorite band in general. I've also been listening to some Mars Volta, Pink Floyd, Circa Survive, The Dear Hunter, King Crimson, and 3.

As for progressive metal, Between the Buried and Me. Between the Buried and Me. Between the Buried and Me. Misery Signals. Between the Buried and Me.

Mathcore-wise, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Protest the Hero, The Human Abstract, The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza, The Number 12 Looks Like You, and Norma Jean are all good bands I've been listening to recently. All great examples of the genre, too.

Metalcore isn't a genre I really enjoy, but Killswitch Engage and As I Lay Dying are guilty pleasures.

Experimental rock gives light to The Fall of Troy, Fear Before the March of Flames, Thrice, and The Sound of Animals Fighting, all of which I've been giving listen to in the past couple of days. Post-rock bands I've been listening to are 65daysofstatic, Explosions in the Sky, and Godspeed You! Black Emperor.

Post-hardcore is such a hard genre to narrow down and multiple bands I've already listed could be considered post-hardcore, but I really felt I should list The Blood Brothers and At the Drive-In, two really good bands I haven't tired of yet.

Melodic death metal-wise, Amon Amarth, The Black Dahlia Murder, Arch Enemy, Mors Principium Est, In Flames, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, At the Gates...

I listen to way too much ****ing music.[/QUOTE]

You confuzzle me.

You lsiten to [b]Black Dahlia Murder[/b] AND [b]Killswitch Engage[/b] AND [b]Misery Signals[/b] AND [b]BTBAM[/b] AND [b]The Human Abstract[/b], but you don't like any deathcore or much metalcore?

How do you feel about [b]ABACABB[/b]? They kinda straddle deathcore/mathcore. Also [b]Ion Dissonance[/b]. How about [b]August Burns Red[/b]?

Also, have you ever heard of [b]At The Throne Of Judgement[/b]?

[/color][/size]

[quote name='Zen'][color=royalblue][size=1]

You confuzzle me.

You lsiten to [b]Black Dahlia Murder[/b] AND [b]Killswitch Engage[/b] AND [b]Misery Signals[/b] AND [b]BTBAM[/b] AND [b]The Human Abstract[/b], but you don't like any deathcore or much metalcore?

How do you feel about [b]ABACABB[/b]? They kinda straddle deathcore/mathcore. Also [b]Ion Dissonance[/b]. How about [b]August Burns Red[/b]?

Also, have you ever heard of [b]At The Throne Of Judgement[/b]?

[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

It's not that I don't like any deathcore, it's just that deathcore and metalcore are genres that I'm particularly picky about band-wise.

Not big on ABACABB. I'm a fan of Ion Dissonance. August Burns Red I'm iffy on. I've heard of At the Throne of Judgement, but I never bothered to check them out. Any good?

[quote name='The Final Cut']It's not that I don't like any deathcore, it's just that deathcore and metalcore are genres that I'm particularly picky about band-wise.

Not big on ABACABB. I'm a fan of Ion Dissonance. August Burns Red I'm iffy on. I've heard of At the Throne of Judgement, but I never bothered to check them out. Any good?[/QUOTE]

Amazing. One of my favorite bands. If you like The Black Dahlia Murder then I'm pretty confident you'll like them.

Amazing band.[/color][/size]

[quote name='The Final Cut']I could never get into BTMH or Architects. I'm really, really into mathcore, but as for deathcore...meh, it's a genre I've only found a few choice gems in, personally.

I listen to way too much ****ing music.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Okay let me get this striaght...
Coheed and Cambria, The Mars Volta, 3, Between the Buried and Me, Protest the Hero, Norma Jean, Fear Before the March of Flames, At the Drive-in, Amon Amarth, Mors Principium EST and In Flames? Hell, pretty much every artist you listed?

[B]You are officially cool as all hell... [/B][/FONT]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]A really good band is Our Last Night, a 5-piece band describe, d as Post-Hardcore. The most amazing thing is that the screamer Trevor Wentworth joined the band when he was... 11. E-effing-leven! And as far as his screams go, they are great for being only so developed. He is 16 now I think. But my god, 11? Whoa.

Another good band I've been getting into is Blessthefall, they kick major ***. And Ludo, they are just fun as all hell. There's nothing heavy about them but they have a song called Girls on Trampolines... they are awesome. By the way, anyone here enjoy Arsonists get all the Girls?

Also, you people should check out A Hero A Fake. If you guys are familiar with Victory records (Between the Buried and Me, A Day to Remember, Silverstein, ect) then these guys are a must. They are just brilliant.[/FONT]

[CENTER][/CENTER]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Just to be a good person here's their song El Gigante from Volatile.[/FONT]

I've noticed that, despite being a Buddhist, I enjoy a great number of Christian metalcore/hardcore artists. I don't know why this genre in particular is stacked with the faithful. It's mind-boggling. Particularly bands like [b]With Blood Comes Cleansing[/b], who are a pretty brutal deathcore bands by any defintion.

Anyways, the point of this is because I've been listening to two artists in particular alot recently.

[b]War of Ages[/b]:

[youtube= War of Ages - "All Consuming Fire"]wrQascv01oI[/youtube]

[b]The Devil Wears Prada[/b]:

[youtube= The Devil Wears Prada - "Danger: Wildman"]DdGFUYmwXvU[/youtube]

The more I listen to the new TDWP album, the more I love it. At first listen I was kinda "meh" on it. But now I love it. Some of the heaviest breakdowns ever, and Mike Hranica has such a distinct, aggressive vocal. Love it.

(Also, his chipped tooth and mustache make me think of Murderface from [b]Dethklok[/b].) [/color][/size]

[quote name='Zen'][color=royalblue][size=1]
The more I listen to the new TDWP album, the more I love it. At first listen I was kinda "meh" on it. But now I love it. Some of the heaviest breakdowns ever, and Mike Hranica has such a distinct, aggressive vocal. Love it.

(Also, his chipped tooth and mustache make me think of Murderface from [b]Dethklok[/b].) [/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Their vocals have gotten better since Plagues too, but they do have a distinct a vocalist that's for sure. Apparantly, Trevor Wentworth of Our Last Night did guest vocals in Danger: Wildman, I didn't notice, but it's possible.[/FONT]

[COLOR="Lime"]Once again, go with Reel Big Fish and save you're self the trouble, The bands just too damn cool. Also If Reel Big Fish doesn't blow you're mind, look up Less Than Jake, It will finish the mind-chunk blowing process.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Botar'][COLOR="Lime"]Once again, go with Reel Big Fish and save you're self the trouble, The bands just too damn cool. Also If Reel Big Fish doesn't blow you're mind, look up Less Than Jake, It will finish the mind-chunk blowing process.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Hell yeah! Ska!

.....awesome? :confused:[/color][/size]

Lately I have been listening to "Daylight" by Matt and Kim and the Hello Good Friend album by the Rocket Summer. These two artists are really cool and I can relate alot of what they say to life.

The Daylight song is my alarm now and i always wake up happy and as for the Rocket Summer I really just like the lead singer for his sweet piano skills and unique voice.

Also I just got the latest Hillsong United Album and Ive been really listening to that alot for practicing my music and all.

[size=1][color=green]Right now, I'm listening to Jon Schmidt's [i]Love Story meets Viva La Vida[/i]. It's so beautiful! The first time I heard it, I teared up. In case anybody wants to listen, [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v3d6SFcD]CLICK HERE[/url]. It's really gorgeous~[/size][/color]

:)

[COLOR="DarkRed"][FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"]Currently listening to [B]21st Century Schizoid Man[/B] by 21st Century Schizoid Band (some remnants of King Crimson I believe). I've been looking into King Crimson only a little bit lately.

I'm also trying to look for more prog rock groups along the lines of the Mars Volta and Muse.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]