OtakuBoards

What Are You Listening To?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[SIZE="1"][B]Hoobastank[/B]

Came across one of their songs on the Revenge of the Fallen album my girlfriend loaned me and I found myself rather liking their style. An hour or two or Youtube later I've decided I may need to acquire some of their albums. Also I'd always thought "The Reason" was a Green Day song, remarkably similar to their style.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]I was listening to Pandora on my iPhone at my job, GameStop, a couple days ago. (See all that product placement?) While I was listening to Pandora, specifically the [B]Meshuggah[/B] channel I created and band came on the air. This band was called [B]Gojira[/B], maybe you've heard of them. [B]Gojira[/B] is rad. Let me show you.

Progressive, to say the least. Heavy in some aspects. Worldly, as well.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]Also, [B]Byzantine[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[size=1]

[b]Bring Me The Horizon[/b] is releasing a remix album next month entitled [i]Suicide Season Cut-Up[/i], which is remixing their previously released album [i]Suicide Season[/i]. I can't stop listening to these two, which have been released (or atleast leaked) so far, and I've managed to download.

[youtube="Sleep with one eye open (Tek-One Remix)"]VL5UGzfnc2k[/youtube]

[youtube="Football Season Is Over (After The Night Remix)"]Lj3v8_LqMTo[/youtube]

Pretty fun stuff. I'm a huge fan of BMTH and a huge fan of electro and dance music, so this fits me fine.
[/size]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Two words... Gojira issex.

And two more words...

BringmetheHorizon issex.

Anyways, I can't wait for the re-release of Suicide Season, it's an amazing CD and an amazing piece of art from an awesome band. But, before that, I have to get the new Between the Buried and Me album. I just heard Obfuscation today, and I'm DYING for the album to be released! Obfusction was just... orgazm.

But, as for things I DOOO have, the Coheed and Cambria, Neverender set is my wet dream. The whole thing is amazing! It's every song by them, LIVE on DVD! It's amazing. And they also did a good job covering The Trooper by Iron Maiden.[/FONT]

[quote name='Jabberwocky'][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Two words... Gojira issex.

And two more words...

BringmetheHorizon issex.

Anyways, I can't wait for the re-release of Suicide Season, it's an amazing CD and an amazing piece of art from an awesome band. But, before that, I have to get the new Between the Buried and Me album. I just heard Obfuscation today, and I'm DYING for the album to be released! Obfusction was just... orgazm.

But, as for things I DOOO have, the Coheed and Cambria, Neverender set is my wet dream. The whole thing is amazing! It's every song by them, LIVE on DVD! It's amazing. And they also did a good job covering The Trooper by Iron Maiden.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1]

Coheed and Cambria covered mothafu**in' Trooper?! Getting it. Same goes for Between The Buried And Me, of course.

I'm so glad I've come unto some money recently.[/size]

[FONT=Calibri]Song popped up on my Pandora tonight: "1000 Times", by Course Of Nature.

Anyone know anything about this band? Good, bad, ugly?

Other than that been letting the station drift back and forth between Godsmack, Metallica, Porcupine Tree, 10 Years, and Saliva.[/FONT]

[size=1]

[b]The Black Dahlai Murder[/b]'s new album [i]Deflorate[/i] is 35-minutes of the best extreme metal released in this year. It's the best thing that's happened to music in a long, long time. If you like anything concerned with metal or heaviness, I suggest you check it out.

Be you long hair purist or sceney-weeney, you'll love it. So heavy. So relentless. So fu**in' brutal.

My god. Their new guitarist is utilized so well. Amazing solos. Heavy, fast, killer riffs, and the drumming is simply inhuman. Also I'm glad to see that Trevor has embraced and utilized his death growl more on this album.

Just listen to it. Dear merciful Satan.

[youtube=The Black Dahlia Murder - "A Selection Unnatural"]MkGp4SVIPFs[/youtube][/size]

Radio City Soundsystem is rocking my inner otaku at the moment. You'll find them on Myspace and I think also Facebook. They have a few songs in Japanese but mostly sing in English, which is good because even I think their Japanese is pretty lousy (and my Japanese is very, very bad). The music rocks hard though and it has enough beepy computer noises and synths to make me smile. They seem to be heavily influenced by Devo, except they play somewhat faster and come off a bit punkier.

I've also been listening to lots of Ex-Girl and Polysics lately. And tons of Devo, who are coming to my city next month for the first time in 25 years! Also, the first Tubeway Army album is a wonderful recent discovery.

[quote name='Zen'][size=1]

Coheed and Cambria covered mothafu**in' Trooper?! Getting it. Same goes for Between The Buried And Me, of course.

I'm so glad I've come unto some money recently.[/size][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Haha, yeah. But hey, at FYE the DVD set was under 25 dollars. Thats good for it being 2 live DVD's of all their CD's in completion. So not only would you get to see their Trooper cover, you'd ge to see every one of their songs. haha

Obfuscation, BTBAM's new single, was on a few days ago on XM radio and it was effing brilliant. At midnight tonight it will only be 4 days until the CD's release...

It's killing me, really.[/FONT]

[quote name='Jabberwocky'][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Haha, yeah. But hey, at FYE the DVD set was under 25 dollars. Thats good for it being 2 live DVD's of all their CD's in completion. So not only would you get to see their Trooper cover, you'd ge to see every one of their songs. haha

Obfuscation, BTBAM's new single, was on a few days ago on XM radio and it was effing brilliant. At midnight tonight it will only be 4 days until the CD's release...

It's killing me, really.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1]
You're going to be very pleased when you hear the whole thing.

I was :] [/size]

You're going to be very pleased when you hear the whole thing.

I was :] [/size][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]That sounds EXTREMELLY promising.

The thought just crossed my mind, I'm also highly anticipatin Fair to Midlands 2010 release. They had a little trailer for the new CD on their Myspace and it was creepy as hell. The music sounds like its going to be a new heavy for FTM, even though they've already been there.[/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Jabberwocky'][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]That sounds EXTREMELLY promising.
.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1]

I downloaded [b]Suicide Season Cut-Up[/b] two days ago and forgot to tell you that its freaking god damn amazing.

DL it immediately. [/size]

I downloaded [b]Suicide Season Cut-Up[/b] two days ago and forgot to tell you that its freaking god damn amazing.

DL it immediately. [/size][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Next time I have band practice, I will. Now, I recently downloaded The Great Misdirect...

No words.[/FONT]

[quote name='Jabberwocky'][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Next time I have band practice, I will. Now, I recently downloaded The Great Misdirect...

No words.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1]
Hahahaha, I knew you would be.

But yeah, do that. Cut-Up is so damn catchy and fun.[/size]

[center]Pen & Paper by: The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
-and-
Weekend Warriors by: A Change of Pace

I'm going through a alternative music love phase, but I'm getting back into strictly screamo, aha.

My favorite song would have to be Ride The Wings of Pestilence by: From First to Last though. :]

I listen to a variety of music, mainly screamo, but I also like alternative, acoustic, techno, crunk, metal, rock and very very few country songs [Mainly Rascal Flatts]
[/center]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]I'm currently listening to Protest the Hero's Sequoia Throne, which is an amazing song by a surprisingly amazing band! Next up by them is Bone Marror and Spoils! Sooner or later I'll be listening to Between the Buried and Me. Mainly, their newest CD The Great Misdirect. It is a truly amazing CD, but I haven't soaked it all in really. And then I'll probably listen to In Fear and Faith, I've had a buttload of their songs but have only listened to 4, The End, Strength in Numbers, Your World on Fire and the Taste of Regret.

Im in a strict hardcore mood now... earlier I was listening to Fireflies by Owl City. I tried my best to fight the song, but... I love it. I'm either sick, or it's actually a good song.[/FONT]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]Bad Romance by Lady Gaga.

Easily her best song yet, in my opinion.

I've also been listening to a lot of the Sonic Adventure series' music lately [yes, THAT Sonic]. I forgot how awesome those games were, and the music compliments it awesomely. <3[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]I went to a Hardcore Show today in the next town over. It was the best ever. I almost got smushed by some fat guy in the pit, but I was so adrenaline pumped I didn't care.

There was a band there called Surrounded by Teeth and they were the most brutal band to grace our area. I mean really, the were just raping everything. The guitarist swung his guitar around his neck and they were jumping off their amps. They were like Fear Beore the March of Flames, The Devil Wears Prada, Asking Alexandria and like... Job for a Cowboy.

At the next show I might actually get in the pit more, it's fun as hell.

As for now, I'm listening to Fade to Black by Metallica. Earlier I was listening to Asking Alexandria. They are amazing... [/FONT]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Right now I'm listening to The Sound of Animals Fighting. Earlier I was listenign to Horses in the Sky from Lover, The Lord has Left Us, a song on my computer I have yet to listen to. Hearing Craig Owens from Chiodos was enough to make me listen to it, and it was an amazing song. But as for now, I'm listening to Act I: Chasing Suns from Tiger & The Duke.

I think I'll take a stroll down the road with Fair to Midland. They have a new song on their MySpace which I need to listen to again. They're a weird, yet deep band, so I can't wait to see what 2010 brings us.

I'm also in the mood some good ol' Between the Buried and Me, as usual.[/COLOR][/FONT]

• 1 month later...