OtakuBoards

What Are You Listening To?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Lets see, right now I'm listening to various works by Richard Wagner. Especially this little gem that I found recently: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5T7kR9ldm4"][U]Ride of the Valkyries...Arrangement for 8 Pianos.[/U][/URL] That's a performance that would have been amazing to see. :catgirl: Those guys are absolutely fantastic![/QUOTE]

You win. Oh, and that reminds me: [B]Hall of the Mountain King[/B]. I know you know what I'
m talkin' 'bout, Rachmaninoff.

Right now I'm listening to [B]Our Sick Story(Thus Far)[/B] by Atreyu. Atreyu is an amazing band and this album has me hooked on them. My favorite songs at the moment on this album are [B]Our Sick Story(Thus Far), The Theft, and Exs and Ohs[/B] The whole album is great though either way. After this i believe I will put on some [B]Silverstein[/B] and rock out to them!

[B]Guilty Gear XX Soundtrack:[/B] Awe of She (Dizzy's theme)

The whole Guilty Gear soundtrack is awesome in my opinion, but Awe of She really takes the cake because of the awesome guitar riffs that would put most guitarists to shame, that includes you Avenged Sevenfold. You wanna learn some good stuff on a guitar? Take a listen to some of the stuff on here, it's pretty awesome stuff. It's also wayyy better than the generic metal-ish stuff you get from most fighting games, like Dead or Alive or Virtua Fighter.

[quote name='Jakehammaren']You win. Oh, and that reminds me: [B]Hall of the Mountain King[/B]. I know you know what I'
m talkin' 'bout, Rachmaninoff.[/QUOTE][URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzyi3C4gNnE"][U]In the Hall of the Mountain King[/U][/URL] An orchestral bit of music from the play Peer Gynt, written by Henrik Ibsen, though the actual music was composed by Edvard Grieg. I believe the play was first performed back in the late 1800?s. Anyway, it may be short at only just over two minutes long, but it is well known, though most often not by name or rather not by what it was taken from.

It?s been used in a lot of other things as well, I understand that Savatage, a heavy metal band, has a instrumental version of it named ?Prelude To Madness? on their album titled ?Hall of the Mountain King? I have actually heard a tiny clip of that piece by Savatage but not the entire song since I do not have the album in question. And though I?ve not heard it, I understand that a cello rock group named Apocalyptica did a version of it as well.

And since I just got through listening to the clip I linked to that is what I am listening to right now. For a short piece it is fun to listen to, very lively and entertaining.

[quote name='Odin M Yggdrasi'][b]Haruhi episode 12[/b]
[i]God Knows[/i]

Easily the greatest song I have ever heard in an anime, and I can't get over that opening guitar part.

Maybe when I finally do get around to learning how to play guitar that would be a fun one to try.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The way she yells MY WAY!!! Gives me chills. Inded, an epic and wonderful song. [/COLOR]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff'][URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzyi3C4gNnE"][U]In the Hall of the Mountain King[/U][/URL] An orchestral bit of music from the play Peer Gynt, written by Henrik Ibsen, though the actual music was composed by Edvard Grieg. I believe the play was first performed back in the late 1800?s. Anyway, it may be short at only just over two minutes long, but it is well known, though most often not by name or rather not by what it was taken from.

It?s been used in a lot of other things as well, I understand that Savatage, a heavy metal band, has a instrumental version of it named ?Prelude To Madness? on their album titled ?Hall of the Mountain King? I have actually heard a tiny clip of that piece by Savatage but not the entire song since I do not have the album in question. And though I?ve not heard it, I understand that a cello rock group named Apocalyptica did a version of it as well.

And since I just got through listening to the clip I linked to that is what I am listening to right now. For a short piece it is fun to listen to, very lively and entertaining.[/QUOTE]

Haha! That Savatage rendition is actually really good, you should listen to it sometime. Apocalyptica, by the way, may interest you to one extent or another. It's a cello quartet that basically plays either classical pieces and adds drums/metal elements or plays metal songs and turns them into pure string orchestrations. It's a pretty cool band, but the novelty wears off after a while for me. Still worth looking into, methinks.

[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]I've been listening to Apollo I & II by Co&Ca. Soon I hope to be listeniing to Fair to Midland, and Dethklok. Right at the moment I'm listening to Supermassive Black Hole by Muse. It's more of a guilty pleasure for me.

Fair to Midland has good reviews BTW, they're Art rock and Alternative Metal. If only I knew the difference between Metal and Alternative metal. >_>[/COLOR]

[quote name='Revolver'][COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]I've been listening to Apollo I & II by Co&Ca. Soon I hope to be listeniing to Fair to Midland, and Dethklok. Right at the moment I'm listening to Supermassive Black Hole by Muse. It's more of a guilty pleasure for me.

Fair to Midland has good reviews BTW, they're Art rock and Alternative Metal. If only I knew the difference between Metal and Alternative metal. >_>[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Never heard of em. As for Muse, though, they are badass. Supermassive Black Hole is sex converted to sound.

EDIT: M. Now THIS is what I'd call hack-prog. It's so increadily unorganized and ugly... Prem, you'll honestly listen o anything won't you? Do me a favor and go listen to the Mars Volta since they are by far the greatest band of all time *waits for Jake's bitching*

EDIT 2: Actually, ****, you'd prolly like [url=http://www.purevolume.com/thesoundofanimalsfighting]The sound of animals fighting.[/url] Their ****ing amazing. Skip the first song, though, if you have a low tolerance for really bad screams.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Olive"]No Mars Volta. I'll try dredg but that's it. Dredg perfomred on Jimmy Kimmel actually. DB I'll never have good taste like you, so I don't think Mars is for me, ya know? A good song now would be Pretender by Foo Fighteres. Normally I hate this band, but this song is really good.
Far to Midland isn't Prog dude. T_T

Tool is the shizz BTW.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Revolver'][COLOR="Olive"]No Mars Volta. I'll try dredg but that's it. Dredg perfomred on Jimmy Kimmel actually. DB I'll never have good taste like you, so I don't think Mars is for me, ya know? A good song now would be Pretender by Foo Fighteres. Normally I hate this band, but this song is really good.
Far to Midland isn't Prog dude. T_T

Tool is the shizz BTW.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The hell? Have you ever even listened to The Mars Volta? As a matter of fact, what the hell are you talking about?[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Olive"]No, don't plan on either. I'm not a big prog guy, even though Co&Ca is, they are an exeption. Sorry if i seem like a prick Db, if I ever met you in a parking lot, I'd listen to your music. Becasue it is still good music.

But hey, A7X has a new song out, and it is great, way better than other songs by the. Almost Easy is the name. Better than the remake of Walk, which I thought sucked.

I don't care about my music taste anymore, it'll still be better than most of my friends music collection. No offense to them. [/COLOR]

[quote name='Revolver'][COLOR="Olive"]No, don't plan on either. I'm not a big prog guy, even though Co&Ca is, they are an exeption. Sorry if i seem like a prick Db, if I ever met you in a parking lot, I'd listen to your music. Becasue it is still good music.

But hey, A7X has a new song out, and it is great, way better than other songs by the. Almost Easy is the name. Better than the remake of Walk, which I thought sucked.

I don't care about my music taste anymore, it'll still be better than most of my friends music collection. No offense to them. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"][B]The Mars Volta[/B] is NOT prog. They are not even classifiable by genre by any stretch of the imagination. Also, I hope you followed that link or I'll *****-slap you through a wall. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="Olive"]I've told you countless times dude, my internet doesn't play videos. Even if it's not a vid, this piece of **** ISP wouldn't be able to download it, let alone the site. Maybe yahoo Music has it, if so, I'll check it out at the school library. I'll give anything a try. If

If I'm ever in the loacal library I'll check back to this thread.

I wonder if Firefox is any better?[/COLOR]

[quote name='Revolver'][COLOR="Olive"]I've told you countless times dude, my internet doesn't play videos. Even if it's not a vid, this piece of **** ISP wouldn't be able to download it, let alone the site. Maybe yahoo Music has it, if so, I'll check it out at the school library. I'll give anything a try. If

If I'm ever in the loacal library I'll check back to this thread.

I wonder if Firefox is any better?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Um, yes, Firefox is better. And it's not a vid, and you CAN listen to it, I guarantee you. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="olive"][COLOR="Olive"]Cool. Right now The Running Free is on. I LOVE IT. I'm buying the new Co&Ca CD. When doesn it come out I wonde? I found out that I can sorta sound like Claudio. Well, I Don't sound like I think I do. But hey, as long as I'm enjoying snging to the musci. CoCa is starting to sound more Alternative to me. It's not, but it just sounds that way.

SOAD is comming up on the radio. Wait it's on. I'm getting some sugar, if you know what I mean.[/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Do me a favor and go listen to the Mars Volta since they are by far the greatest band of all time *waits for Jake's bitching*[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

If you haven't noticed, I never engage in bitching. I simply point out how everyone else's opinions are less awesome than mine.

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]
EDIT 2: Actually, ****, you'd prolly like [url=http://www.purevolume.com/thesoundofanimalsfighting]The sound of animals fighting.[/url] Their ****ing amazing. Skip the first song, though, if you have a low tolerance for really bad screams.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[font=arial][size=1]I'm insulted! hahaha

Anthony's (excuse me... The Skunk's) one of the best singers on the planet. Ever. People tend to like his screams (that's what gave Saosin their popularity early on), and so do I. Sorry that you don't like them, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're really bad.

Actually, if you like The Mars Volta, you have no excuse for not picking up "Lover, the Lord Has Left Us" by TSOAF.

I'd tell you some other bands to check out, but I'm already pissed that you're merely a year behind me musically, now. :p

I've been listening to a new band called 'Powers, from Athens, GA. One drummer, FOUR GUITARISTS. It's a side project between Cinemechanica, We Versus the Shark, and two other bands. The only material of theirs that currently exists is a recording of their third live show from last week ([url]http://www.southernshelter.com[/url]).

Check it out if you like guitars. It's got a bit of a video game sensibility to it also, but you'd expect that if you know anything about the bands that make up 'Powers.[/font][/size]

I have satellite radio in my car and I love listening to the 90's channel (espcially since anything from the 90s is now considered "retro" :animesigh). The other day while listening to some inferior music, I heard Mark Morrison's [B]Return of the Mack[/B] and I just jammed along. It's funny how songs that date back to my early childhood can still remain with me now.I still remembered all the words. But now the song has a new meaning for me.

[quote name='Revolver'][COLOR="Olive"]I bought Second Stage Turbine Bdade today. Delerium Trgger is the best on the album. Along with Time Consumer.

But I'm listening to the best band ever. Breaking Benajmin. And one of my favs by them, Firefly.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Delirium Trigger is, without question, the greatest Coheed song. SSTB is also their best album by a long shot. Time Consumer, Everything Evil, Delirium Trigger, Neverender, and if you have the special edition, Elf Tower New Mexico are the best tracks. Delium Trigger, though, blows everything else out of the water in a very similar way that This Apparatus Must be Unearthed does for the Mars Volta.

Also, Prem, now that you own all 3 Coheed albums, half my chapter titles should make sense by now XD[/COLOR]