OtakuBoards

What Are You Listening To?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mmm... SSTB is by far my favorite Coheed album, and to me every track is great. Time Consumer is so well-written - the first minute or so is some of my favorite music period. Everything Evil has one of the most memorable and badass riffs ever. Delirium TRigger is godmod, I swear. It's like nothing else out there. Junesong Provision is very interesting - the tempo changes are handled far better than anything on GAIBS4. Neverender is food for the soul. The songs Devil in Jersey City and 33 are more of a pop sound, but both are more than a little entertaining. God Send Conspirator is also an epic climax to an album. The ONLY song I don't like is Hearshot Kid Disaster. I just don't get that song >_>

Face, I'm not sure what you're talking about. Some excerpts from SSTB: "Sweet Josephine, won't you **** me back home?!" "Down the street the corner boys **** **** up!" "Jeseeeeeee! Just come look at what your brother did, here he did away with me!" "And she screamed CLAUDIO! Dear CLAUDIO! I wish GOD DAMMIT! WE'LL MAKE IT IF YOU BELIEVE (FBI!)" "I NEED MAYO!" (XD) "Thank god they recovered your body in New Mexico" "Doused in KERRRROCENE and torch blaze BLOODBATH! When boy sets fire, god knows you've lost!" "I-RO BOT will never die..."

And that's just the obvious ones. [/COLOR]

[font=arial][size=1]Yes, I know, but it actually fit with the music and wasn't completely creepy or awkward. I hate it when he says these vile things and chants it in a happy tone. It's not fun music if it just makes you uncomfortable. With "I need Mayo!" (that's a character's name, not mayonnaise) it's at least not obvious enough that any CoCa-oblivious friends of yours will be like "wait... what?" as they will with the more clearly-understood weirdness in Volume 1.

And "Heartshot Kid Disaster" is one of my more favorite tracks on that album, I don't know what's wrong with you. :p[/font][/size]

[quote name='Goodbye, Face'][font=arial][size=1]Yes, I know, but it actually fit with the music and wasn't completely creepy or awkward. I hate it when he says these vile things and chants it in a happy tone. It's not fun music if it just makes you uncomfortable. With "I need Mayo!" (that's a character's name, not mayonnaise) it's at least not obvious enough that any CoCa-oblivious friends of yours will be like "wait... what?" as they will with the more clearly-understood weirdness in Volume 1.

And "Heartshot Kid Disaster" is one of my more favorite tracks on that album, I don't know what's wrong with you. :p[/font][/size][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Hearshot is good for a while, but I get bored by the second verse and the whole screaming part is just annoying to me cuz lets face it - no one in Coheed can scream worth a damn. (it's fun to sing in the car though cuz I can get my brothers to do the "I won't fail you now!" line) And trust me, I know about Mayo *knows all the story and has read interps of it as well as contributed my own* I always liked the creepy stuff. "I hope you die right now, won't you drink me chemical?" was a good line IMO, though my favorite has always been "I hope you die right now, it'll only make me feel too good!"

And anyway, Claudio writes the story as he goes from album to album - I think he does whatever he wants with the lyrics, and merely intended on saying those things. Okay lets put it this way, have you ever listened to anything by Shabutie? There was no story there, but he said the most disturbing things you can think of XD though those songs were actually dark rather than poppy, so I guess it doesn't support my point as much. Either way, Claudio's just a freak.

"I've got this... power in my genitals... lets me know I'm real!"[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Olive"]Heartshot Kid Disaster is good. I love Claudio's bridly scream. My favorite interpretation of the story was in GAIBS4Volume:1 where it was told by the POV of the writer. That is why Apollo's I and II are some of the best songs on that album. They have tales that even I, who doesn't know much about the story, can understand and enjoy.

The Iro-bot skits at the end of 2113 and Everything Evil [Demo] are very good parts. That and Junesong Provision, which another good song. even though the accoustic version's high-pitched vocals ge annoying after a while. Love the Army of Darkness quote. IKSOSE:3 their best album. It is just plain old epic. The Crowing, the Light and the Glass, 2113, The Velourium Camper II: Al the Killer, Cuts Marked in the March of Men and *huff, huff* In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth are great songs. However, the first two parts of The Velourium Camper is a bad song which should have been replaced and they should just have had Al the Killer out of the trilogy.

I tried to listen to The Prize Fighter Inferno's single, but it just bugged mme. Inferno is one of the characters if you don't know, and it's supposed to be sort of a sub-story ebhing the C&Ca universe. The album My Brother's Blood Machine is either a refference or is reffered to by in Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 where Claudio sings, "sincerely written from my brother's blood machine."

The whole Priz Fighter Inferno thing is a solo-act by Claudio Sanchez. The prize is an organisation int eh Co&Ca unvierse. And band's symbal is supposed to be a thing about the energy of the planet's in the story. They need to turn this into a movie so people won't read this and go "WTF."[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]O_o It'd be one loooong *** movie XD just read the comics which were SUPPOSED to come out spring of this year XD

IKSOSE:3... we've talked about it enough in these forums already XD. I think I've already stated my favorites, so maybe I'll explain what I don't like. Cuts Marked in the March of Men, while a great song, is too straightforward. The Crowning depends on my mood. If I'm singing it and stuff it's great, but for a passive listen, not so much. The first Velourium camper is good, but only as a novelty. It's not something you want to keep listening to. And Backend of Forever sucks uber-***.

As for GAIBS4, I like Welcome Home, and I don't mind Ten Speed or Once upon Your Dead Body just for the sake of singing them. The Suffering is like a guilty pleasure XD The Final Cut is ****ing epic, and the live version on the Last Supper was amazing. Other than that, the album is pretty much trash. [/COLOR]

[quote name='Avenged666fold'][B]Crowbar-I have Failed[/B]
It's pretty good. I have liked every sludge metal band I have heard so far. (Acid Bath and Crowbar). Can anyone suggest to me some good Sludge metal bands?[/QUOTE]

[font=arial][size=1]I made a post in the current metal thread with a list of sludge metal bands I like. Basically, High on Fire, Kylesa, Baroness, and Saviours.[/font][/size]

I've gone back to listening to stuff by Rachmaninoff again. I so [I]never[/I] get tired of his works. Right now it's this piece that I have playing: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og0r88sJm2I&mode=related&search="][U]Prelude in C-sharp minor[/U][/URL] Played by Russian pianist Ruslan Sviridov at a concert in San Antonio, TX, USA in November 2002. I would have liked to see him perform live. He's a fantastic pianist.

I'm listening to [B]Himinbjorg[/B]. Amazing band. No-one will listen to them anyway.

[quote name='Avenged666fold'][B]Crowbar-I have Failed[/B]
It's pretty good. I have liked every sludge metal band I have heard so far. (Acid Bath and Crowbar). Can anyone suggest to me some good Sludge metal bands?[/QUOTE]

Mouth of the Architect is pretty darn cool.

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Arial"]

Shores of California by the Dresden Dolls is a song that has recently tickled my fancy, though Amanda Palmer has long been my hero anyhow. So this isn't particularly news. Incidentally, I am actually listening to this as I type.

Though a band I've been introduced to and find quite nice is Oomph!. I don't know much about them having just heard of them two days ago, but I assure you they've got an amazing sound.

And then there is The Who, whom I have also been listening to much more frequently then normal. If that is possible.

[/FONT][/SIZE]

Guest FaytLeingod89
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="2"][/SIZE][/FONT]

Right now I'm listening to My Chemical Romance's second CD.
My fave is a song that i think is the best advice type stuff. Thank you for the venom is pretty much saying that you shouldn't do stuff and believe in things that other people tell you to.
"Sister, i'm not much a poet, but a criminal and you never had a chance.
Love it or leave it, you can't understand. A pretty face but you do so carry on, and on, and on.
I wouldn't front the scene if you paid me, i'm just the way that the doctor made me."
Pretty good if you ask me.

[COLOR="Olive"]You people and your MCR! I remember my old music days. I was siluted by those kind of bands. but Helena is good, and tthe Black Parade is just meh.

Today my friend, urr... Metalcore501 said that Co&Ca sucks. But obviously he doesn't know MUSIC. But I will still respect his music. The good stuff. He likes Mastadon and frankly, Mastadon is amazing. Never heard Gorgerath, but I have the feelignt hat they aren't all that good.[/COLOR]

I have a single song by MCR- Teenagers. Only because they do scare the livin **** out of me.

[b]Dead or Alive[/b]
[i]You Spin Me Right Round[/i]

Now this is good music. I just got this today, along with a couple more songs from Blue Oyster Cult and some Twisted Sister.

Only played through it about twice, but absolutely love it especially the guitar and keyboard effect. Has a good beat for dancing too if I ever want to try it.

Lately, I've been listening to the new CDs I've bought so far this month. A bunch of killer Progressive Rock & Metal:

[B]Black Bonzo[/B] - [I]Sound Of The Apocalypse[/I]
[B]The Flower Kings[/B] - [I]Paradox Hotel[/I]
[B]The Flower Kings[/B] - [I]The Sum Of No Evil[/I]
(Great rock bands with a retro-70s style)

[B]Darkwater[/B] - [I]Calling The Earth To Witness[/I]
[B]Transmission[/B] - [I]ID, Ego & Superego[/I]
[B]Spheric Universe Experience[/B] - [I]Anima[/I]
(Great, technically procifient metal bands from Europe - Sweden, Germany, France)

[B]Epica[/B] - [I]The Divine Conspiracy[/I]
(Beauty & Beast Metal - dark and symphonic, with both clean female vocals and male grunts)

Well I'm currently listening to Eine kleine Nachtmusik by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, here's a link though I'm listening to my own copy instead of what's on youtube. [URL="http://youtube.com/watch?v=Qb_jQBgzU-I&mode=related&search="][U]Music[/U][/URL] Oh and this is only the first movement... Which is why I'm listening to my own copy. lol Chances are you've heard this before since it's very well known. Also it's a fun piece to actually perform. Mozart has a very crisp precision to his music that I enjoy.

[COLOR="Olive"]I'm listening to Tool right now. I bought the album Lateralus, and I sure as hell don't regret it! Schism is still one fo my fav Tool songs. But songs like the Grudge and The patient are just as good. I'm finally able to get distracted from C&Ca, whcih I have been endlessly listening to. Tool is EPIC WIN, btw.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]I am not a big fan of country, but every now and then there's a song that I like. So right now I'm listening to [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhlb7l0MWKk"]I Wanna Talk About Me[/URL] by Toby Keith. Half of what makes me like this song is the music video to it. It's freaking hilarious! Especially since I have a friend that blabs non-stop given the chance so I can really relate to this song. XP[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]I'm listening to Elect the Dead, the solo album of Serj Tankian that came out today (my mom is a HUGE SOAD fan) and 'm on song 9 - so far pretty disappointed. The first 2 songs - the singles Empty Walls and The Unthinking Majority are both great, but up past that, they are all prety boring. The song on now, Lies Lies Lies is pretty great, but damn I really thought it'd be more interesting >_>

EDIT: Track 10 is downright SEXY. [/COLOR]

Right now I'm listening to Nightwish [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cDsWi8WXnc"][U]The poet and the pendulum[/U][/URL] The instrumental version of course. Something I learned about from Jakehammaren. I've provided a link but I'm listening to my own copy that finally came, which is a plus since it sounds a whole lot better than the youtube upload.

My favorite part is of course the Cello solo about four and a half minutes into the song. I'll probably be back with other songs as well once I've had a chance to check out the rest of the songs on the CD. I might even listen to the regular tracks with the singing just out of sheer curiosity. Though I mainly got it for the instrumental disk.