OtakuBoards

What Are You Playing?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[COLOR="DarkOrange"][B]XBox[/B]:[B] Guilty Gear X2# RELOAD[/B]. My brother and I marathoned [B]Genshiken[/B] yeterday, and with all the clis of the game being played, we started playing it like crazy. We were looking at all the characters' supermoves just a minute ago.

[B]PS2[/B]: I'm playing [B]Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha Versus the Soulless Army[/B]. It's a pretty great game as far as mechanics go, but has a lot of annoying backtracking... I haven't really picked up in th story yet, either. My brother is playing [B]Steambot Chronicles[/B] and becoming quickly addicted.[/COLOR]

[color=crimson][b]Overlord[/b]- PC. This game is similar to Pikmin in general execution. It's got a fantasy story that begins with your forced 'rescue' [seemingly from death as you are in a tomb] by gremlins/goblins who immediately proclaim you as their new evil ruler. You set out to reclaim, at first, pieces of your destroyed lair [a massive spire in the sky] including smelters, a crane to reconstruct it and a power source to fuel it's magic. From there it spins out into a broader story that pits you against an increasing list of foes who seem, inexplicably, to know you.

The four 'tribes' of gremlins/goblins you can get are simply called by color. Browns are fighters and can increase their ability to fight by looting armor and weapons from foes or broken vases/boxes or treasure chests. Reds can get you through obstacles that are in flames and can set foes on fire with a ranged fire attack and can only upgrade their armor from looting. Greens are your rogues and support browns by leaping onto the backs of enemies and stabbing them, they similarly can upgrade their armor and weapons as browns can. Blues are the only gremlins who can go through water without drowning, are magically resistant, and have the capability to resurrect any dead minions.

The controls are fluid, which is very important, as any stickiness or slipperiness in moving yourself about while trying to command your ever-growing army [from a starting point of 5 I now control 35] would make fighting bosses or large groups of enemies punishing and annoying. The puzzles, usually involving figuring out what minion to send where and when, are simple but break up the action of watching your army beat the living **** out of everything that dares stand up to you.

There are two moral paths in the game that boil down to 'benevolently evil' (similar to chaotic good in DnD) and 'evil-evil' (chaotic evil in DnD) which is affected by killing innocent people and several branching choices in the game.

It's great fun.[/color]

Well I don't really play games too much. I guess I grew out of that phase. Either that, or I'm too lazy to actually go out and rent/buy my own games.

I have a lot of addicting [B]mini-games[/B] on my computer that I play constantly. I was actually playing one before I decided to type this reply, but I forgot what it's called.

On my cell phone, I have [B]Pac-Man[/B] and [B]Tetris[/B] and I play those all the frickin' time when I'm bored and have no access to anything to keep me entertained.

In my X-Box, I think [B]Halo[/B]'s in there... Not sure, I haven't had it plugged in for ages, but I think I played it a couple of months ago. Gotta go original Halo every once in a while. Actually the most recent game I played was [B]Gears of War[/B] over at a friends house, but I didn't get to play a lot of it since I didn't really know how and when those locust guys are running, the weezing sound kinda freaks me out... *Mute*

And lastly, I suppose I could actually say [B]Resident Evil 4[/B] on my Gamecube. I'm playing it through for about the 5th time... But since it's become pretty redundant and I can finish a game in about a day, I haven't even turned it on for a month or so...

[COLOR="Navy"]First, Revy, it's a good thing others have saved this thread, otherwise this would've been closed because of your poor posting. You can give more thought to your post, such as, what do you think of the games you're playing as well as how far you're into the game. (Something of that nature)

Now, as for the topic itself. I haven't been playing any games lately, but I'm thinking about buying the first [b]God of War[/b]. I don't really care for greek mythology, but if I do buy it, it's because of the action, and it's a good stress reliever :)
[/COLOR]

[color=#606060]Let's see...

[b]Xbox 360:[/b] A bit of everything really. Command & Conquer 3, Perfect Dark Zero (wanted to give this one another chance), Dead Rising and Gears of War.

[b]Wii:[/b] Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat and Wario Ware: Smooth Moves.

[b]PC:[/b] Max Payne 2 (I had forgotten how utterly brilliant this game was until I started it again recently - one of my all-time favourite PC games).

[b]Nintendo DS:[/b] It varies between Pheonix Wright: Ace Attorney and Super Princess Peach. Both are fantastic.[/color]

[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="1"]*opens the systems looking for cds/carts*

In my PC I have[B] Rome: Total War [/B]in the dvd drive and [B]Warhammer [/B]in the other drive. Gotta love strategy games....now I just have to find my[B] Starcraft[/B] cd <3

In my gameboy I have...*drum roll* [B]Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town[/B] - why you ask? Because Harvest Moon is the best game series ever. Agree to disagree? Fine.

In the gamecube? Look at that, [B]Harvest Moon: Magical Melody[/B]. Possibly my fav game that I own at the moment. HM rocks some serious socks.

In the PS2? [B]Max Payne 2 [/B]- As James said (though his is on the PC), the game is utterly brilliant.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]After hours of searching through random stores, I finally got myself a Nintendo Wii yesterday. I still can?t believe these things are out of stock nearly everywhere. Anyway, I didn?t get any games for it yet, but Wii Sports is keeping me entertained. So far, I?d say that Boxing and Tennis are the ones that I?m the enjoying the most of the five games. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]In the PS2 that my brother purchased a while ago, I?ve been switching around between God of War, God Hand, and Shadow of the Colossus. God of War is a pretty cool action game, and I?ll have to get back to it someday. As for SOTC, I?ve only managed to take down the first giant Colossus and that itself was quite amusing. And lastly, I think I?m near the end of God Hand, not sure though. Being able to link all the different type of moves in the game to link into a combo is pure awesome.[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]In my Xbox 360 is [B]Forza Motorsport 2[/B]. Being the gearhead I am it's only fitting I'm playing the best of the best.

In the CD-ROM drive of my PC is [B]Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War[/B] (All expansions included.) Gavin, Jokopoko, and I play that alot. I also play alot of [B]World of Warcraft[/B], which is also on the PC.

In my PS2 is actually a Japo RPG. [B]MS Saga: A New Dawn[/B]. Its mediocre in all aspects. The battle system is dated, the graphics are dated, the story is predictable, and the characters are pretty stereo-typical BUT it's about Mobile Suits and Gundams, therefor it's something I'm really interested so it's actually not too bad. I'm sure it's like that for alot of you.

In my Xbox, god rest it's soul, is [B]Marvel vs. Capcom 2[/B]. I actually bought that game about two years ago when I first got my Xbox 360 and it just hasn't been taken out since. No reason to play the inferior Xbox for any reason other than...Well...No reason at all.

In my Nintendo DS is [B]Pokemon Pearl[/B]. You can't have a Nintendo handheld and not own a Pokemon of somesort.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I have a few games I still need to finish but this is what is currently ruling my gaming time:

[b]PS2[/b]: My games vary but currently I'm trying to finish [u]Okami[/u]. It's one of those games I started but never finished so I've started over. Of course at any given time I'll toss in one of the [u]Guitar Hero[/u] games since they, like me, rock. :animesmil

[b]DS[/b]: [u]Phoenix Wright[/u] games will always be a constant with my DS. Next up is Trauma Center.

[b]PS[/b]: *dusts off ol' machine, peeks inside* Ah, this is one game that I will never get rid of. [u]Final Fantasty IX[/u]. I love this game and never get tired of playing it. I would have to say it's one of my all time favorites. For that reason I can never get rid of this old Playstation.

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][B][U]Game Boy:[/U][/B] I'm playing [B]Pokemon Blue[/B], right now as I speak. I've also discovered that there's a glitch that allows you to get Mew. It works too.

I'm playing this game because I love it, it's old but it's fun.

[B][U]PS2:[/U][/B] [B]Kingdom hearts II[/B]. I love this game, but I've discovered almost every secret item, and it gets broing after that.

I'm waiting on a DS, hopefully by my birthday. And when it comes, I'll be playing [B]Pokemon Diamond[/B]. Then I'll buy [B]Trauma Center[/B].[/COLOR]

In my PS2 I got either MLB 07 The Show or .hack//GU part 1

.hack//GU Part 1 is a good game, short, but good. I really enjoy the fact that the dot hack people went back to what made dot hack enjoyable to me at least. I liked the more, well I would describe it as "intellectual", but I know someone has a better term for it. .hack//SIGN is still probably my favorite anime and .hack//ROOTS is made along those same lines. At least it is to me.

Next week however, the new Madden 08 will probably dominate my time.

In my PSP, its Star Wars: Deadly Alliance or the first Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai. I really enjoy both of those games. DBZ to reduce stress at work, and while I mostly use my PSP for an MP3 player, I love the little thing.

[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][B][U]Game Boy:[/U][/B] I'm playing [B]Pokemon Blue[/B], right now as I speak. I've also discovered that there's a glitch that allows you to get Mew. It works too.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Arial"]I've done that a million times. :D It's not just to get Mew, though, you can get every pokemon that way.

I'm not completely sure what's in my Ps2 right now. It's either Soul Calibur 3 or Kingdom Hearts 2, which belongs to my cousin who's visiting for a while. I very rarely play anything on my Ps2 anymore, besides DVDs. I usually just use it when a gamer type friend comes over and is bored.

Although I would love it if I could play Bully again. :[

There isn't anything in my Gameboy Color or my GBAdvance, but in the SP that I borrowed from a friend is Pokemon Emerald. Which I borrowed from that same friend.

And on the computer I've been playing Runescape a lot lately. I only started again because my cousin plays it a lot and it's a good way for us to keep in touch. I also have the Movies installed on one of my computers, but I haven't played it in a while.

Oh yeah, I don't think there's anything in my N64 right now, but if there is it's Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I got a little obsessed with that this summer, but since I'm really not much of a gamer at all I gave it up once I got to the Water Temple. I almost gave up sooner, because the music of the first two temples were really freaking me out.[/FONT]

Wii - WarioWare: Smooth Moves. Oh, that is such an entertaining game, but it's such an embarassing thing to play as well. One night, my mother walked in the room to see me flailing my arms around at the TV. Gotta love those interesting stances. My personal favorite is "The Mohawk".

DS - Pokemon Diamond. Although my party consists of only the pokemon I find cute, leaving it horribly unbalanced, I still like to play the game in my free time.

GameCube - Super Smash Bros. Melee? I think that's where I put it.

PS2 - ...Well, I'm sure there's not a game that I can play in there. If anything, it's probably either a DVD, Tsuruya's character CD, or that Motteke! Sailor Fuku single.

PC - Guild Wars. Although I haven't been playing at all.

[FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="2"][B]Halo 1[/B]. Yeah, I play Halo 1 for the PC like it's going out of style. Like, right now, I have almost 400 hours of gameplay, and i've only had it since late February. So...yeah. But i'm awesome though. I would pwn all of you.=p[/SIZE][/FONT]

I've only just got round to playing [b]Half-Life 2[/b], mainly because I'm a Mac user and it isn't supposed to run on my machine. I got CrossOver - the stable, commercial version of Wine, which runs Windows applications on Mac in Windows 'bottles' - so now I can run Steam, and therefore Half-Life 2. The graphics aren't as mind-blowing as they would be on a PC with an uber-graphics card, but it's still an incredibly addictive game. I have HL2: Episode One lined up for when I've finished that, and maybe by the time I've finished that, Episode Two and Portal will be out.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Right now I am working on:

Devil May Cry 3
FFVIII
FIX
FVII
Sonic Mega Collection
Kingdom Hearts
NFS: Underground
Robotech Battlecry
DDR Extreme
Zelda: Windwaker
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Zelda: Twilight Princess

Will I finish and beat these games? Perhaps. I will finish these games...maybe in five years. I beat Sonic the Hedgehog 2 when I was little but that was forever ago. I almost beat FFIX but I can't beat the last boss. Most others I play casually unless I have more time to devote to it. Usually that's a no.[/COLOR]

Hmmm I need to check first...hold on

PS2: Street Fighter:Anniversary Collection (particularly 3rd Strike). This game is awesome because it lets me practice for tournaments and such. I have a streak on this game of 61 unanswered wins from a recent party that me and my friends had. My Ken and Remy in this game are just too good for words. I also have DDR Supernova on rotation in case I get in the mood for DDR.

360- Earth Defense Force. Not the best game you can buy for the 360 but definitely one of my favorites. The battles can get pretty intense sometimes and the ability to fight off multiple invasions of aliens is just cool. Granted the game does look a lot like Starship Troopers....hmmmm.

PSP- Guilty Gear Judgement. Two for one here. I play it mainly for GGx2#Reload. The game is almost flawless in this iteration, but sometimes I wish it had more than AdHoc functionality. I would claim the top of the leaderboards in a second! Baiken Turtle Rushdowns for the win.

DS- Pokemon Pearl. I recently got the national Pokedex, so I'm on the hunt for all of the other legendary Pokemon (Heatran, Regigigas...etc) This game has kept me hooked for most of the summer. Not bad for a franchise that's almost 10 years old eh?

XBox- I still kept my old Xbox for sentimental reasons and right now I have Marvel vs Capcom 2 in there. The game is pretty wild and one of the better fighters out there. I switch in GGX2#reload from time to time as well as SF:Anniversary collection to get in some matches on XBox Live.

[quote name='Raiyuu']The graphics aren't as mind-blowing as they would be on a PC with an uber-graphics card, but it's still an incredibly addictive game.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="2"]Yeah, [B]Half-Life 2[/B] is an awesome game. I especially love the weird sounds that those creatures make. Although I do get a [I]little[/I] creeped out at time's by the game, it's still extremely fun and addicting.

P.S. I have an uber-graphics card, so I can run everything on high.:p[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Dbzman26'][FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="2"]Yeah, [B]Half-Life 2[/B] is an awesome game. I especially love the weird sounds that those creatures make. Although I do get a [I]little[/I] creeped out at time's by the game, it's still extremely fun and addicting.

P.S. I have an uber-graphics card, so I can run everything on high.:p[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Brag much? :P

Half Life 2 is one of the few FPS games I would play on my PC, just because I dont play FPS a whole lot. That gravity gun owns. Half life is one of those series that is creepy no matter what the setting. I remember playing Half Life for the first time and when the creatures broke out of the labs and started coming after me, needless to say I hit ALT+F4 pretty damn quick.

[COLOR="Navy"]So I went on ahead and brought [b]God of War[/b]. Brought it yesterday, and beat the game earlier today... about 4:30 eastern time. Boredom >_>.

Storywise, "shrugs" while it's told nicely, I'm bias against it. (Like I said before, I'm no fan of greek mythology.)

Gameplay. The action was good. There was nothing that really blue me away. The platforming was brutal though. [spoiler]When you're in hell[/spoiler], walking across the rotating logs (I guess) with the spikes on them, as well as climbing the wall with the spikes on them. I wanted to just chuck everything through the tv.

Overall, the game was a decent experience. Although I still prefer Ninja Gaiden and Devil May Cry 3 over this, but that's just me. [/COLOR]

[quote name='Korey']Brag much? :P [/QUOTE]

[FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="2"]A little.:p

But yeah, that gravity gun own's. But of course, then again, beating the zombie/creature/whatever dudes' in the face with a crowbar is pretty fun too.:p[/SIZE][/FONT]

Wow people still play Wild Arms? That game went down the tubes after WA3. No offense to you of course...but I didn't find the games all that attractive anymore. The storyline gets old after a while. I know what you're thinking "But isn't Final Fantasy the same every time?" The answer is no. FF games are refreshingly orignial each and every time...with the exception of a few games. Wild Arms got a little boring because it's still the same setting and the same universe. At least with titles like FF and Dragon Quest, we get thrown into a different setting every time (except with the most recent entries in the FF series, which seem to like to be in Ivalice)

I wanna pick up the Japanese versions of Beatmania IIDX because my north american copy of Beatmania is getting rather boring as of late. How many times can you full combo a song before it gets boring? Too many times in my opinion.

I was thinking about getting God of War 2 until my friend brought it over and I beat it within two hours. Seriously people, can't we make games last as long as they used to? Give us some exploration, some items to collect, some secret stuff to do. Take Metroid and Zelda for example. Those games always take me [B]days[/B] to complete because they are so deep and have facets to keep my attention going for a little while longer.

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Lets see... In my ps2 is Tales of the Abyss, Its great fun since it's very similar to Tales of Symphonia and yet it's got elements about it that I like a whole lot better. For starters, the battle system though similar with how it's in real time and you have special moves that are accessible via shortcuts, is a bit more complex than Tales of Sympohnia since it has a whole range of special button combinations that your character eventually learns to protect against certain types of attacks.

That alternates with Star Ocean: Till the End of Time since I've beaten the game and I'm clearing the bonus dungeons as well as playing a second game on the next level of difficulty. I'm working on earning more battle trophies so I can unlock the final hardest level. For an rpg it's pretty good too, with a more free style of fighting instead of the turn based bit.

My Gamecube has Twilight Princess in it since recently I started playing it again. The sheer scope of how the world is done is every bit as impressive as it was the first time I played it when I got it last year. Though the fun of figuring things out the first time is lacking, but still. I'm enjoying it.[/FONT][/COLOR]