OtakuBoards

What Are You Playing?

.:[ Revy ]:.

So, while I was jobhunting at the mall Saturday, I noticed that there was some sort of commotion at the GameStop. So, I decided to take a look, and to my pleasure I found that GS was apparently having a 50% off sale. On everything.

Yes, on [I]everything![/I]

I have been wanting to buy [B]F.E.A.R.[/B] for the longest time (that being two days), so I bought a used copy that might as well be new, for 10 dollars.

Yes, life is good when you play videogames. Moving on.

So, [B]F.E.A.R.[/B] is an absolute blast. Amazing AI, graphics that give a wondrous atmosphere. A physics engine that makes every room look like a scene from an action movie after a gunfight. And it scares the living crap out of me.

I'm on level 8 out of 10, and I am loving every minute of it. Project Origin (AKA FEAR 2) will be a definite buy this fall.

[FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]Let's see ...

Right now I'm pretty engrossed in [B]Persona 3 FES[/B] after finally finding it at small game shop over by my house. While I was there I also picked up a copy of [B]Fire Pro Wrestling Returns[/B] for the PS2, which I can already say after only three or four days is easily the best wrestling game I've ever owned.

It gives you the ability to create 500 wrestlers for an overall amount of 800 and something wreslters in the game. For those that don't know, in WWE wrestling games the roster usually tops out at about maybe 60 - 70 wrestlers and 16 create-a-wrestler slots. One thing I don't like about the game is the fact that the graphics are only a slight step above Super Nintendo graphics, but in the end I got used to them and haven't looked back since. There are also over 2,000 wrestlings moves to choose from when creating a character, well above the number of moves possible in the WWE games. I can't believe the Fire Pro series has been around in Japan so long and is just now making its way into the States ... it's awesome.[/COLOR] [/SIZE][/FONT]

So yesterday I got my motivation back to play [B]Gradius 3 and 4: Fukkatsu to Shinwa[/B] on the PS2. I played Gradius 4 first and finished the game finally (with 19 continues...) and played Boss Rush Mode. I get to complete it twice with the best time of 8m43s flat! Much to my head spinning and brain draining from frustration, I saved the game in case.

[FONT="Tahoma"]Right now I'm playing [B]Animal Crossing: Wild World[/B] since I ended up with a DS Lite for a while. It's an odd little game. Playing as a little character living in a town with other animals has a weird sort of charm to it. It's kind of amusing to pull up weeds, go fishing and send letters. I find it odd how the world seems to not be flat when you move though. However it is fun to play.[/FONT]

[color=#4B0082]Do you have wifi access, Sabrina? If so, you should come visit my village in AC Wild World some time. It'll be overrun with weeds since I haven't played in forever but my house is pretty awesome and I have tons of fruit trees. :animesmil[/color]

I bought [b]No More Heroes[/b] recently, and I love it ... at least, the main levels I love. The parts between levels are kind of fun at first, but when you have to raise a ton of money to access later missions/better equipment, and you have to do the jobs again and again, then it gets kind of boring and repetitive.

However! The main part of the game makes up for it big time. Battles are a touch repetitive, but the violence is so over-the-top that it makes every fight enjoyable. Not enough can be said about the bosses in this game, either. They're insane characters and fun as hell to fight. The cutscenes relaying their random *** stories are almost as fun, haha.

So, yeah, I've had a lot of fun with it. I got it for $30, which is a reasonable price for this game. Get it if you don't already own it.

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]Do you have wifi access, Sabrina? If so, you should come visit my village in AC Wild World some time. It'll be overrun with weeds since I haven't played in forever but my house is pretty awesome and I have tons of fruit trees. :animesmil[/color][/QUOTE]Sadly I do not have wireless. >_> Which kind of sucks. XP Also... the game just startled the hell out of me when my character got [spoiler]attacked by a spider and knocked out![/spoiler] [B]O_O [/B][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Takin' a break from console stuff (what little I have) to finish my labors in [I]Sacred Stones[/I]. Got all the unlockable characters, and everyone at promoted lv. 20, so all that's left is Ephraim's path and all the supports.

In the meantime, I'm kicking the snot out of [I]Tales of Phantasia[/I], and just picked up [I]FFVI Advance[/I] yesterday and did some preliminary dabbling.

My sister borrowed DDR for xBox and two mats. Lord help me.[/FONT]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Lord help you indeed, sir.

Recently I've been playing a lot of [B]Resident Evil 4[/B]. I've been messing around with the game and after unlocking the Chicago Typewriter and Infinite Launcher, I see how easy this game really is...heh.

I also picked up Brawl recently too (like two months too late I know) and I'm having a LOT of fun with the game. I picked up Zelda and Ike first, and now I'm branching out to learn Meta Knight and Snake. I don't really get online too often, but if I do...I'll lend you guys my FC so we can Brawl. [/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
So I had to take a break from playing Tales games and decided to play [B]Chaos Wars[/B].

Little much, I have a huge weakness against SRPG and this was my remedy. Never I have know much from Spectral Souls, Gungrave, Growlanser or any other seires that I don't have much curiousity about so I decide to play it for a few weeks and what happened? I liked it. The US voice acting sucked big time so I sticked to Japanese voices and enjoyed it.

Then out of boredom, we decided to [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF-OeOWDVD4"]do[/URL] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz3FBXGj_gA"]these[/URL] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRkeAdw7RQ8"]out of blue[/URL]. (highlight please...)

Hiro rocks. 'Nuff said. :P

Since I watched the trailer for Diablo III I've taken up playing [B]Diablo II Lord of Destruction[/B] again. Even though I've put way to many hours into this game I still enjoy playing it. Plus I never did beat the game with some of the classes that are available so I'm playing it from that angle, taking a class I never used and building a character.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Rachmaninoff']Since I watched the trailer for Diablo III I've taken up playing [B]Diablo II Lord of Destruction[/B] again. Even though I've put way to many hours into this game I still enjoy playing it. Plus I never did beat the game with some of the classes that are available so I'm playing it from that angle, taking a class I never used and building a character.[/QUOTE]Hehe, I'm guilty of doing the same thing, seeing that trailer has me playing the game again. I'm not building a new class character though. >_> I'm just working on getting the nerve to finally beat the Hell level. It's just that I don't want to play with the boss in the desert.^^ He's such a royal pain in the rear![/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="SlateGray"][SIZE="1"]Holy friggin' crap. Everyone on the OB needs to go out and buy Counter-Strike: Source. Nothing compares. Never has.

Yeah, it's what I'm playing currently while I wait for more PS3 games to receive trophies, thus enabling me to get them.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Navy"]For the past couple of days I've been over my sister's boyfriend's house playing a buttload of games. (Main reason why I haven't been on much for the past couple of days.)

First and foremost. [b]Ninja Gaiden 2[/b] is insane. It's too bad that I've only made it up to the 2nd boss and died. I've tried out the staff for the first time, and I have to say that it's pretty cool. Although, I the sword is still better in my opinion. I did more damage on the 2nd boss with the sword moreso than the staff. I like how you can switch weapons on the fly. Kills a lot of time from going into the menu, although, I found myself still going into the menu anyway. Old habit from the first one. The camera is the biggest enemy here as well. I love the difficulty. Even on normal things can get pretty intense.

I also tried out [b]Gears of War[/b] for the first time. I will admit that it looks good. But then I find it to be "meh" at best. I guess it's because I'm so used to the "Run & Gun" method over the "Stop & Pop". It just takes too much getting used to. I do see why it was a contender for Game of the Year.. (or was it GOTY?) Like, I said though, I prefer run and gun. The saw kill was cool.

I also tried out [b]Super Smash Bros Brawl[/b] for the first time. It's okay I guess. I did play with two people using swords, and they were both pretty good. Ike(?) and someone else... (Not Link) The game is not for me, though. I like fighting games, but this just wasn't all that pleasing. (Natural hate for Mario games lol.)

[b]Mortal Kombat Trilogy[/b] was being played for a bit. Forgot how to play this one too. Cheap trips and punches get through uppercuts... I hated that crap. I forgot how good Kabal was lol. It's just too bad that I forgot a lot of the combos. I remember a time when I used to just study my book on how to perform the combos, lol.

And last but not least, we pretty much spent all day yesterday and day before yesterday playing [b]Street Fighter Alpha 3[/b]. It's been so long since I've last played a Street Fighters game. I used to be really good, but now I'm kicking off rust. But in a matter of 2 days, I think I did fairly well. I've never seen an actual person pull off Akuma's Lights Out special so that caught me off guard. I pretty much played with Ryu, Ken and Guy. (who I forgot was in the game.) I also played with Chun Li and Sakura a couple of times. Man, we had a blast with this one. But my thumb was also blasted so I don't think I'll be playing any type of games dealing with the direction pad for a while lol.

They're trying to get me to play Guitar Heroes but I refuse. [strike]I will sue them before I ever play that game :D[/strike][/COLOR]

I've been playing [B]FFIV[/B] on the DS, several online MMORPGs (Flyff, Dofus, DoMO), HM:MM on the Cube, Earthbound on the SNES, Champions of Norrath on the PS2, FFVII: CC on the PSP.

I'll take a break from storyline intensive games to play Cooking Mama on the DS.

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT="Tahoma"]I'm still addicted to my [B]Animal Crossing: Wild World[/B] game. I have been playing a little [B]Diablo II Lord of Destruction[/B] on the side ([COLOR="Indigo"]Indi[/COLOR] got me started on that game) but I've mainly been playing [B]Animal Crossing[/B].^^ I don't know why that game is so addicting. But not only is it fun to play, but now that I have access to visit other people, I love doing that too. [/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]I'm currently engrossed in [B]Oblivion [/B]on my 360. By the gods, this game is MASSIVE. 108 hours on one character, and I haven't completed the main quest yet, nor have I completed more than half the sidequests. This one is going to keep me happy for years to come (especially when it's time for my 'complete and own everything' run).[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]After that, I'll be moving on to [B]Mass Effect[/B]. From what I've seen, it's another awesome game with an engaging storyline and a rather nice battle system. I've watched my friend play it for a good 5 or 6 hours, so I don't think I'll be disappointed once I start playing. I just don't want to get involved in it until I'm done with [B]Oblivion[/B].[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]Those are just the 'main games' though. I'm also playing [B]Fable II Pub Games[/B] (half a million gold and everything unlocked, and counting) on XBox Live Arcade, [B]Star Wars: Battlefront II[/B] on PS2, [B]Crackdown[/B][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]on the 360, and of course, [B]Super Smash Bros Brawl[/B] and [B]Mario Kart[/B] on the Wii.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Been playing [b]Rock Band[/b] like crazy -- mainly to master finger tapping so that I can actually make it through the harder solos. I can finally make it through the "Highway Star" solo without royally screwing up, which is nice because it is my favorite song in the game. Yay!

This morning I was systematically beating all my crappy high scores in Hard mode. Fun times. :)

[quote name='Kenso'][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]I'm currently engrossed in [B]Oblivion [/B]on my 360. By the gods, this game is MASSIVE. 108 hours on one character, and I haven't completed the main quest yet, nor have I completed more than half the sidequests. This one is going to keep me happy for years to come (especially when it's time for my 'complete and own everything' run).[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]Oh man. Kenso. Yeah, dude, you haven't even scratched the surface. I logged 500 plus hours into just one single character when Oblivion came out. Sparing you the details; my hard drive was deleted and so I then logged another 200 hours in on a different character.

Oblivion is by far my favorite 360 game.

As for what I'm playing; [B]Bionic Commando Rearmed[/B]. Wow. I'm not going to lie and say I LOVED the original because, quite frankly, that game was hard and it pissed me off so I merely like it at best. Granted, yes, I liked it enough to warrant a bit of giddy for the next-gen sequel and so I figured I'd give Rearmed a chance seeing as how it got a next-gen injection of awesome.

I love it.

Its pretty much JUST like the original but with small tweaks here and there it ends up being far more enjoyable for me this time around and, holy crap, the soundtrack is so amazing. All the remixed and techno-ed up songs are a great fit. I absolutely 100% suggest this game.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I have also been playing [B]Bionic Commando: Rearmed[/B] lately and boy is it a difficult game. It reminds of the frustrating times I?ve had with old NES games. I died so many times on a single level and yet I keep coming back. The whole grappling mechanics is so much fun to mess around with, and the music is indeed pretty groovy.

Anyway, despite the amount of times I died, it?s a pretty awesome game. I may even go back and try out the original game someday after I beat this one. Totally worth the $10 bucks!

[FONT="Tahoma"]Well in addition to what I have been playing, I also just started playing [B]The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past[/B]. I got a copy of the re-release for GBA (I think that's the one, it has four swords on it too) so I've been playing it the last few days. It's been just long enough that I don't remember what I need to do. However, I have been watching videos that Des put up at his youtube account so I'm going through it far quicker than I expected. Probably because those boss strategies he posted left me in the position of going... to beat this one you do this and to beat that one you do that. Watching those has turned out to be very handy.

I also had a blue GBA SP system given to me, along with [B]The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages[/B] but even though the system works, the person didn't have the cord for recharging it. So I need to get my hands on one of those before I start playing either one of the games. All I did was put them in and test them to make sure they actually worked. [/FONT]