OtakuBoards

What Are You Playing?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[SIZE="1"]It's been a little over a week since I purchased this, and I enjoy it thoroughly, so I figure it's time to post about it.

Currently, I'm playing [B]Professor Layton and the Curious Village[/B] for the DS, and it's simply amazing. It's essentially a series of puzzles, but Lord can they make you feel stupid. I've had to shamefully look up a walkthrough for some of the puzzles [spoiler]and I currently have IGN's guide bookmarked >_>[/spoiler]. I'm a little leery recommending it to more casual gamers because of that, but hey, maybe some geniuses can burn some brain cells...

Another thing I rather appreciate is the European-influenced art style. As much as I love my anime, the style has completely saturated the market, so a breath of fresh air is more than welcome.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="SlateGray"][SIZE="1"][B]little big planet[/B] beta!

Oh it is quite wonderful! Part platformer, part social networking. Part action, part puzzle! All cute! It is by far the best PS3 game I have played to date, and the most creative one to boot. Playing with friends is fun and even total strangers make this game a blast.

When I say this is the most creative game, I mean it. The levels have so much thought to them!

Someone actually recreated Green Hill Zone, the 1st level of the 1st Sonic, on this game and another user made a level where you pull a block to initiate a piano theme and it happened to be the theme from Zanarkand from Final Fantasy 10, or in the same vein there was a level where I rode a car that did the same thing except it was 'Sweet Child O' Mine' by Guns 'N Roses. Genius!

If you have a PS3 then you are obligated to get this game on the 21st. If you don't have a PS3 then you're obligated to get both the console and little big planet when it drops on the 21st.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I don't have anything to play at the moment, but the last games I ended up playing were [b]Phoenix Wright: Justice for All[/b] and [b]Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney[/b] (is that right?). They're pretty decent games, however, once beaten, both don't seem like they're worth playing again.

PW: JFA - I like this one over AJ, but I found it to be annoying as well. Hard for me to get into majority of the characters, and a lot of them were annoying. There were a couple of characters that I actually liked though. Von Karma and I forgot his name, but he has gray hair. It also had it's funny moments too, mainly with Von Karma and her whip.

AA: AJ - This one was far more annoying than JFA. Even Phoenix became one of the annoying characters.

Overall, though, I do like the outcome of both games, even with some of the annoying bits. I gotta check out some of the other games.

Edit: I have [b]Tales of the Abyss[/b] coming in the mail. Finally able to get my hands on the money to buy this game.

I'm curious about Tales of Legendia as well as the other Tales game for the 360. In the mean time, though, I should be content with TotA.

[quote name='Sangome'][SIZE="1"]It's been a little over a week since I purchased this, and I enjoy it thoroughly, so I figure it's time to post about it.

Currently, I'm playing [B]Professor Layton and the Curious Village[/B] for the DS, and it's simply amazing. It's essentially a series of puzzles, but Lord can they make you feel stupid. I've had to shamefully look up a walkthrough for some of the puzzles [spoiler]and I currently have IGN's guide bookmarked >_>[/spoiler]. I'm a little leery recommending it to more casual gamers because of that, but hey, maybe some geniuses can burn some brain cells...

Another thing I rather appreciate is the European-influenced art style. As much as I love my anime, the style has completely saturated the market, so a breath of fresh air is more than welcome.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Me and my sister also played this game too! We did also looked for a walkthough and here's one in case you're interested. It also has illustrated solution for those who are really stuck in the game.

[spoiler]http://professorlaytonwalkthrough.blogspot.com/[/spoiler]

It doesn't hurt to learn a bit...

[FONT="Arial"]I've backed off of Tales of Symphonia for a bit, the leveling up was starting to get old. I'll come back to it in a bit I'm sure, that's what I always do.

Until I actually do, I've switched to a game I got and installed on my computer several months ago but never bothered to actually play.

[B]Portal[/B]. It's turning out to be rather fascinating and humorous with how the game progresses. Nothing like needing to pick up a crate to put on a switch to advance, only it's under a storage drop with a sign on the wall next to it warning about crates dropping from it and crushing your head. I found that wonderfully ironic. [/FONT]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Right now I've been plugging away with [B]Guilty Gear X2: Accent Core[/B]. It's the latest revision of the X2 series and probably the best one in my opinion, although some GG heads prefer Slash, I dunno why. It's got a colorful cast of characters with a bizzare array of weapons, like Yo-Yo's, Guitars, Giant Scalpel's and even the girl from [I]The Ring[/I]! The game is very fast paced and very hard to master, because it's deeper than it looks. But if you're looking for a great game that is a welcome diversion from Capcom and Namco fighters, then I would definitely suggest you pick this one up. The older versions of the game (X2, #Reload, Slash) all go for 20 bucks now, so it's easy on your wallet too. [/FONT]

So yesterday, I played Klonoa 2 Lunatea's Veil and it was simply amusing.

[spoiler] The graphics are great and the voice acting are in a different language but amusing to hear. I got pressured on the Infernal City stage and didn't save throughout the game. I still remember the locations but I need to delete files to save it. I just spent 4 hours on the game...[/spoiler]

Virtual-On Marz on the PS2 is insanely hard...stage 9 kicked the hell out of me A LOT.

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]Well, just got Fable II last night, so everything else just got shoved to the side, although I did finish playthrough #1 of Tales of Vesperia (though I'll be beating the final boss again after doing some Grade farming and nabbing a few sidequests). [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]So far, Fable II is awesome. The game is gorgeous, and I'm not even playing it in HD (need to upgrade my TV). I've got like 4 hours of game time, and I haven't even really felt the need to leave the first town (though I did accidentally vandalize someone's property while I was getting used to the controls - I shot a box). So it's looking promising. Combat is smooth and loads of fun, but it's not overly easy. I'll probably be posting more about it at a later date.[/SIZE][/FONT]

I've been playing [b]Tales of the Abyss[/b] and it's been an addicting yet somewhat annoying ride. My characters are between the levels of 36-39. I forgot where I left off at. I think I'm crossing through to the fields [spoiler]while the war is going on[/spoiler].

I also have [b]Okami[/b] sitting on my bed waiting to be played. I haven't played it yet due to TotA and its addiction, but I've heard quite a bit of great things about the game, and can't wait to start playing it.

I should be settled with games for the time being, but I'm trying to decide if I want to buy Spider-Man: Web of Shadow or just hold out for now.

[COLOR="SlateGray"][SIZE="1"]Currently splitting my time between the wonderful FPS; Far Cry 2 in all it's free roaming, first person, IEDing goodness.

As well, I'm playing Star Ocean: The First Departure on the PSP. I loved Star Ocean: The Second Story on the PSOne and I was a total recluse when I was playing Star Ocean: Til The End of Time when it dropped on the PDub back a few years.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Purple"]I'm in between several games right now, but I don't have a whole lot of time at the moment to game so I do bits to relax.

I've left [B]Final Fantasy X[/B] and [B]Kingdom Hearts 2[/B] for a while and haven't actually finished the story yet because I've been trying to do sidequests and stuff until I get a bit tired of the game and forget about it. So I need to finish both of those up sometime.

I played [B]Professor Layton and the Curious Village[/B] a lot, but I haven't played that in a while because I got stuck on one puzzle and haven't gone back to it yet.

Played through most of [B]Lego Indiana Jones[/B] (DS) but sometimes when I play I'll just go back to previous levels and try to get 100% of everything, but I think I may officially have the last chapter of the last movie to go.

Been playing [B]Sight Training[/B] (DS) on and off but I don't really find it that fun.

Lately the game I've been playing frequently in breaks is [B]Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations[/B], I quite like the series of games but I can't play it for long times on end as much as I did for the first two games of the series. I plan to hit [B]Apollo Justice[/B] after I finish this one since I wanted to do them in order.

And lately I've been feeling the urge to pick up [B]Final Fantasy IX[/B] again, but yet again, lack of time prevents gaming, and I should probably finish some of the games I've started ><;;[/COLOR][/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
Over the past couple of days (maybe 3), I took a break from Tales of the Abyss to play [b]Dragonballz: Budokai Tenkaichi 2[/b]. I hated the first BT, but this was an improvement over the first. However, while it's an improvement, it's only decent. I prefer the old Budokai games over this style. I hate the behind that back fighting, and not to mention the camera is still shady, especially when your up against objects.

Enough about that. I went back to playing Tales of the Abyss. Just beat Sync, which was a lot easier this time around than when I fought him the first time with Largo. My characters are between the levels of 46-49 with Luke being the only one at 49. Found another issue I hate about the game, and it's minor. [spoiler]The one part where you have to redo the fonic glmyph (sp?)[/spoiler]. Trying to use Mieu Fire on the little light was annoying. Good thing you get the option for Tear to just do it and get it over with. (My patients was running thin on that part lol.)

Let's see. I'm now looking to buy one or two more games before I start classes (coming up real fast... Dec 1st O_O). I'm stuck on what to do. Buy Persona 3: FES, or wait for Persona 4 to come out. Tough choice.

[FONT="Arial"]As much as I was enjoying [B]Portal[/B], I've put it aside to toy with [B]Tales of the Abyss[/B] since I acquired a copy of the game. I saw a used one for sale at the game store the other day and figured that if Tales of Symphonia was fun, then this one would also be fun. So far that assumption has been correct.

I am not that far into it, but enough that I'd love to shove Luke over a cliff, without a parachute I might add. Oh and enough to determine that Jade is fast becoming my favorite out of the crew so far.

Another definite plus in it's favor is how it has less of a chibi look than Tales of Symphonia did. I hadn't realized how much I didn't like that until I played this game in the Tales series where it doesn't have it. [/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"]*is reminded that she hasn't gotten around to beating [B]Tales of the Abyss[/B] yet* >_>

I think I'll pull that back out since [B]Animal Crossing: Wild World[/B] finally lost it's hold on me. I only played that some every single day for nearly four months. o_O And even though I haven't touched it in a week, I'm tempted to turn it on so I can at least pull up the weeds that must be sprouting up left and right. XD

I've just been having too much fun trying to finish up the last dungeon before Ganon's tower in [B]Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past[/B]. That boss is such a pain to beat. ;_; And looking at Dessy's walk through videos of the tower..... O_O[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]*raises finger and begins sputtering incoherent banter*

You all remind me I need to finish that, too...

Anyways, I've been toying around with [b]Yume Nikki[/b] and...believe it or not, [b]Cooking Mama[/b]. The latter is a great boredom killer [and stress relief...*cough*], and while I beat Yume Nikki some time ago, there's still some events/areas I've not seen.

I should also give [b]Mother 3[/b] a good play now...I've been tinkering with it on and off but not really been playing it too terribly much.[/SIZE]

Castlevania: Order or Ecclesia or Akumajou Dracula: Ubawareta Kokuin. This game is impressive yet brings me to a whole new level of challenge.

[spoiler]Skipping the intro, I managed to get most of the boss medals (without taking damage and having many attempts just to get it) and got some of the glyphs available in the specific dungeon (getting Vol Fulgur/Vol Trinits was a pie unless you know how the patterns run...) and done some of the villager quests (except for Aeon since I'm a bit impatient on the Killer Fish drops...). Currently on Tristis Pass for some quests along with the level grinding.

Filename: 753IXA (Level 24, formerly named 'KAIHIDOU' and 'KENZAKI')[/spoiler]

[SIZE=1] Like, I normally do, I play the daylights out of [B][I][U] Rock Band II[/B][/I][/U], it never gets old.

but I picked up [B][U][I] Dead Space[/B][/I][/U] about three weeks ago, and it's a great game that focuses on scaring the [spoiler] ****[/spoiler] out of you with bloody disgusting enimies and boss fights that heighten the sense of claustrophobia the enviroment offers.

I'm also playing [B][I][U] Gears Of War II[/B][/I][/U] with a friend, and we've managed to get to Act IV in one day on normal, I cant believe that we'll finish it by tommorow; the story is great, but the gameplay is still the same from the orignal, which I have to get used to, again.

only drawback to [B][I][U] Gears II[/B][/I][/U] is the vehicle section, which frustrated not only me, but my team mate, and I couldnt believe that Epic tried to [spoiler] pull at people's heartstrings by throwing the whole Dom/Maria subplot into the game, I know it humanizes the whole war concept of the game but I could of done without it. one reason is because it made my teammate cry her eyes out for a good thirty minutes.[/spoiler]

but never the less it's a good game, and I cant wait til we get around to the hoarde mode.[/SIZE]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]As of late I've been playing lots of [B]Shadow the Hedgehog[/B], just to make my brother mad because he can't figure out the game's stupid objectives (how hard is it to find bombs?). The game is terrible and would have been sorta neat like 10 years ago when the Dreamcast was out, but I needed a diversion and this was it. The gameplay is easy and I still wonder why Shadow needs guns (hardly use the darned things myself...) but it accomplishes what I need it to.

I picked up the newest[B] Final Fantasy Tactics Advance[/B] game and I'm totally engrossed by it. Lot of the same, but it's still wickedly addicting and I would recommend it for those who have beat/zonked out on [B]Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions[/B] for the PSP. [/FONT]

Just now getting 2 hours into [b]Okami[/b] and I'm liking this game. Mainly the visuals. In some ways I do prefer to be playing as a human rather than playing as animals, but that don't take away much. (Just a preference thing)

But yeah, this game is prettiful and has a peaceful feeling to it that's hard to describe. Maybe it's the music.. "shrugs". Same feeling I had when I first started playing Shenmue...

While I haven't played the newest Zelda game, I do see some similarities to Zelda: OoT... Issun = Navi (but that's all I've see so far), and both are quite annoying. But having similarities to Zelda's not exactly a bad thing is it?

I pretty much just got past the funny, yet pathetic, Susano and his training, heh.

I've been bouncing around between games so much its unreal. I picked up dead space but beat it so fast I traded it for gears II. It took longer to beat gears since I was juggling between multiplayer and Campaign.

I already traded that in and now I'm engrossed on [B]Call of Duty: World at War[/B]
which I'll probably keep playing like crazy until my fiancee starts back up in school the first of the year. Once she does I'll probably pick up last Remnant, but who knows?

Currently switching between Saints Row 2 (which i've completed soooo not really that much anymore) and Oblivion (since i binned fallout ¬_¬)

I desperately need a new game but games cost money...that i dont have. Although i've completed the main quest in oblivion and my guy is, well, amazing, im still finding stuff to do and keep me occupied. Sign of a great game in my mind.

2 days ago, I finally got to play Sonic Unleashed on the PS2 and it was great.

[spoiler]I felt some new elements while playing as Sonic on day and night. But the challenging part is I get to have all S ranks to complete the set number of Sun and Moon Medals to access all of the locked Gaia Gates scattered around the world. So far I got all S Ranks on Apotos, Mazuri and Holoska but Chun-nan is my biggest problem since I'm not used to Sonic the Werehog's controls yet.[/spoiler]

Though I don't know if I should buy a Wii because of [spoiler]Castlevania Judgment[/spoiler]...

I was playing Madden 09 for the longest time, but NBA live 09 came out and I love it. The graphics are amazing(360). And they really put some effort into it. The players have signature moves that they do in real life and signature dunks. Just all together an awesome game.