OtakuBoards

What Are You Playing?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[b]Ninja Gaiden 2[/b] - The most difficult opponent I've fought with is the camera itself (and I dread crazy camera's), but other than that I'm having a blast. Next would be that subway fish/wom thingy. I really hate that thing, but Genshin (1st time) was the only time where I actually saw the gameover screen.

I haven't been following the story, but I try not to these days because it takes quite some time for it to sink into my brain. But I've managed to reach chapter 7. (maybe 8...) I know I just beat Genshin a 2nd time and fought some giant turtle lava monster thingy.

Majority of my weapons has been upgraded to level 3. I just need to upgrade my Scythe and Tonfa's. They're at level 2. My favorite weapon is probably the trusty old Dragon Sword, but then again that's because I feel safe with those the most. If I'm not counting the Dragon Sword then it would be the Dragon's Claw and Tiger's Fang. (them things are crazy at level 3.) I'm becoming more and more fond of the Falcon's Talon though. I seem to be able to work better with those against the soldiers than the other weapons. (The giant machine enemies are stupid...)
Edit: Take that back, my favorite weapon are the Flails. I just upgraded it to level 3.

With the camera being the way it is, I can't put this game in my top favorites.

[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]PS2[/SIZE][/COLOR]
----------
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Yellow"]Persona 4[/COLOR]-I have to say its my favorite persona thus far really expanded I've got only 50 hrs now so I still got to work on that but also there are more games im playin at the moment though:animestun

[COLOR="Yellow"]Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories[/COLOR]-I have played the original for the gamboy yrs ago but to be one the PS2 were there are voices I was like no freaking way good & fluent like the other two the only thing bothering me was Sora's voice that's his older voice shouldn't they used his younger voice*\*same goes for Riku & Kairi*[/SIZE]

[COLOR="SeaGreen"][SIZE="3"]Xbox360[/SIZE][/COLOR]
----------
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Prince of Persia[/COLOR]-This blew me:animeknow away for sure*since I gots a new hdtv on the same day to play on*Im a Prince fan & the 1st game to me was the best them 2 & 3 was a little dropped cause of certain violence & junk but this new protagonist was...a smarta$$ but he's more fast, agile, & quick witted then the other prince new world, adventures, & character skin lol the game calls for a sequel for sure till then though im givin it another go

[COLOR="Sienna"]Fable 2[/COLOR]-:animecry:Disappointing Im sorry I cant say much the game went to fast if anyone play the 1st Fable they would know I beat it in 7 hrs less than satisfied but ill say it my guy was good outlook though was complex

[COLOR="Red"]Left4Dead[/COLOR]-Addictive if you love Zombies & alot of them this is worth the money made from Vault the people who brought you the Half-Life series takes a new step in online Campaign the game has a single player but the game is meant for Online only literally being a survivor or a certain zomibe makes it more fun & challenging achievements to unlock

[COLOR="Red"]Mirror's edge[/COLOR]-Fast paste, no time to think, just running AWSOME!!!! I beat the story in 61/2 hr but I didnt care this game was bomb it reminded me of Breakdown an overlooked game on the Xbox Faye has a certain quality of her the game is good so now im doing the speed chapter to see if I can best the fastest in certain points[/SIZE]

[COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"]Nintendo DS[/SIZE][/COLOR]
----------
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Blue"]The World ends with you[/COLOR]-An old game yes but freakin amazing a friends recommended this to me & I keep playing Square Enix has owned with this title with full use of the Dpad & touch screen & a moody main character it was like playing Cloud again this has been so far the best DS game I have ever played
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]
Chrono Trigger[/COLOR]-Yes an old schooler remade im currently still playin this so I can't say much but awsome fighting is awsome gameplay is sweet it's like I turnd 6 again & got my 1st Super NES again[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]I do not own a PS3, or a Wii so I can't say, my Psp is nothing to me *acepting FFVII Crisis Core, Tekken & Disgaea*[/SIZE]

[quote name=' Animepunk420][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Indigo"]Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories[/COLOR']-I have played the original for the gamboy yrs ago but to be one the PS2 were there are voices I was like no freaking way good & fluent like the other two the only thing bothering me was Sora's voice that's his older voice shouldn't they used his younger voice*\*same goes for Riku & Kairi*[/SIZE][/quote]
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]
Well, seeing as Haley Joel Osment is significantly older now, I think it would be pretty hard to do any sort of "younger Sora" work for KH, unless you tried to resample some of the audio from the original and made the sound effects and voices for the game that way. I think Square Enix decided to tread the easier path this time.

As for me, I recently got back into [B]King of Fighters[/B], most notably the 2003 edition. I was never really a fan of SNK/NeoGeo fighters, but after learning the system and finding it much easier than most Capcom games (by a wide margin), I'd say that it's becoming one of my favorite games to play.
[/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Still playing [b]Ninja Gaiden 2[/b]. I just beat the 11th chapter. What the heck were they thinking giving [spoiler]Genshin his own Izuna Drop[/spoiler]? He's already crazy upclose, and to give him that technique makes him even more scary lol.

Finally got my hands on [b]Devil May Cry 4[/b]. I've been playing it for about 5 hours now. Even though I'm on mission 4. I've basically been going back to the 1st 3 missions collecting orbs so I can build up on my skills and items. (Top out at the 5 hour point now.) Err... I've heard a lot of people don't like Nero. I have no issues with him. I think Nero's like, what Raiden was in MGS2. (On the receiving end of negativity because people wanted more Solid Snake) I think Nero's a good character so far.

In any case, it definately has the DMC3 feel to it, and that's not a bad thing at all. Heck, I never grow tired of playing DMC3, and I don't care how many DMC's come out, if it follows the exact same trend, I think I'll like it regardless if it feels the same.

And then there's the graphics. Wow, I was really blown away when I saw how good the outside area looked in mission 2, and even the cut-scenes look really good. DMC4 is currently my favorite game on the Xbox 360 (with DMC being my favorite series.)[/COLOR]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]Now while I don't normally play FPS games, I got into [b]Call Of Duty: World At War[/b] and I must say, wow. The game's story is cool, the presentation of the story is creative and very interesting and the game play is spot on. Also, the game doesn't look half bad on my HDTV, heh.

I've also been playing a lot of Capcom vs SNK 2 recently, after a recent spurning at the hands of my buddies. Too bad they're not as proficient as me in some other fighters, but I have more time on my hands now. Right now I'm practicing all the Custom Combos in the game, as they seem to rule over all other forms of game play that are present in the game...:animesigh[/COLOR][/FONT]

• 3 weeks later...
I haven't had much time for games as of late. School and all.

I restarted my game on [b]Ninja Gaiden 2[/b]. I stopped playing for a bit, but decided to start playing again because of I saw some clips on youtube of some guy playing the game on path of the master difficulty setting, and just making this game look entirely too easy. So it was an inspiration to start playing again, so to speak.

The main reason I started over, though, was because of where I last left off at. Chapter 12, facing off against 2 giant turtle thingy's. and after that [spoiler]Zedonius round 2 surrounding by lava[/spoiler]... I had already forgotten how to play, a little... And to start off with a boss fight with another boss fight right after that can be a tad bit overwhelming.

And then [b]Devil May Cry 4[/b]. Last place I left off at, I was playing as Dante, and I beat Bael to get [spoiler]Pandora[/spoiler].

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]Silpheed Pilot will probably destroy my post when he reads this but I've been playing [B]Medal of Honor: Airborne[/B] and I have to say....this game is terrible. The concept of parachuting in is pretty neat, but the shooting aspect of the game is just downright terrible. If I can aim with my sniper rifle and hit someone dead center and they don't even flinch....that's just.....no. I'd rather play Call of Duty.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Korey'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]Silpheed Pilot will probably destroy my post when he reads this but I've been playing [B]Medal of Honor: Airborne[/B] and I have to say....this game is terrible. The concept of parachuting in is pretty neat, but the shooting aspect of the game is just downright terrible. If I can aim with my sniper rifle and hit someone dead center and they don't even flinch....that's just.....no. I'd rather play Call of Duty.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]Shoot better.

Consider your post destroyed.

I've been going back and playing some old school RPGs. Currently have [B]Legend of Legaia[/B] in my P Trip. Its by far one of the best PS1 RPGs.
Also playing [B]Vanguard Bandits[/B]. It's not precisely an RPG because it's technically a tactical RPG but it's pretty sweet. It has medieval mecha. Whats not to love?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]I'm currently switching between [B]Fallout 3[/B] and [B]Bioshock[/B], at the moment. (On the PS3; my computer would explode if I tried either of them on it). Bioshock is pretty much amazing, but there's something incredibly addictive about Fallout 3. I ended up having to take a break after spending almost 10 hours in one day playing it without even realising.[/SIZE]

[quote name='silpheedpilot'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]Shoot better.[/color][/size][/quote]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]How much better do I have to get? I swear my gun is aiming at their head and I press fire and it goes toward them....but no hit. That just sounds like poor collision detection to me.

I finally beat the game and I realized that the best gun in the game was the Shotgun, because it has pretty good range even for mid to mid-far shots. Not bad, considering shotguns are notorious for getting me murked in other games :( [/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Korey'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]How much better do I have to get? I swear my gun is aiming at their head and I press fire and it goes toward them....but no hit. That just sounds like poor collision detection to me.

I finally beat the game and I realized that the best gun in the game was the Shotgun, because it has pretty good range even for mid to mid-far shots. Not bad, considering shotguns are notorious for getting me murked in other games :( [/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="SlateGray"][SIZE="1"]But, come on, wasn't that last level just epic looking while you were parachuting down, and then when you climb out of the sewers.. Amazing.

Anyway, I've moved on from what I was playing. Legend of Legaia, I believe. Got bored, real quick.

So. Now I'm playing FEAR 2 because a friend of mine lent it to me. It's not as inspiring as the first one because the original FEAR was in a class of its own in 2005, but its definitely a good shooter, even if the scare tactics aren't as good. And the story? Gets better and better.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="2"]Lately I've been playing a lot of DS games because I realized that I've missed out on so many gems. Right now I'm spending my time between [B]Phoenix Wright[/B], [B]Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow[/B], and [B]Elite Beat Agents[/B].

On the console side of things, I'm still working on[B] Fallout 3[/B] and [B]GTA IV[/B]. Being in college and all, it's been hard to find time to play these great games. I have noticed that I play [B]Mario Kart 64[/B] way more than anything else now though. Shake and bake!

When it comes out, I'm definitely going to be all about [B]Resident Evil 5[/B]. Even though I'm not entirely happy with the way the series is progressing, it's hard to deny that the RE games are still loads of fun. I can't wait to see whether or not the creators are finally going to incorporate Barry again. I guess we'll see. It's really powerful, especially against ... living things![/SIZE][/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
I just haven't been feeling the Xbox 360 as of late, or rather, I've not been in a mood to play any games for the Xbox 360.

[b]Final Fantasy 7[/b] - I don't wanna get my hopes up too much, but I want to say final-fricken-ly. My ps2 seems to be working again. Turned out that I just needed the cd/dvd laser lens cleaner thingy. Again, I don't want to get my hopes up because that seems too simple, especially when it comes to things working for me. Anyway, I forgot where I left off, I know it's somewhere at the beginning of the game. I just don't know if it's where I'm going to the next sector or Cloud meeting Aeris... I want to say the latter.

[b]Dragon Quest 8[/b] - Again, finally, I get to finish this game (hopefully). Although I did start my game over for some reason. I don't remember why.. Perhaps it's because I was putting all my skills into swords when I wanted spears.. I don't know.. Probably something about the alchemy pot as well.

[b]Okami[/b] - I get to finish this game as well, although I'm not sure if I really want to. I love the visuals, but I kind of read ahead and [spoiler]I'm animal sensitive... :o[/spoiler]

[b]Street Fighter Alpha 3[/b] - Heh, did about a 2 minute practice session with Guy... Gotta get a new controller lol. Arm was getting crapped up and the up/down buttons has a bad response time.

I'm thinking mighty hard about buying Final Fantasy 8 again too. First rpg I've played and beat. And I happen to like the junction system. I'm also thinking hard about buying Final Fantasy Chronicles again. Chrono Trigger was fun, and I'd get to try out Final Fantasy 4 for the first time too. Same situation with Final Fantasy Anthology except I'd be trying out both games for the first time. And then I'll probably see what the fuss is about with Final Fantasy IX.. (heh, get the whole PSX collection) We'll see.

Super Paper Mario!

I just rented the game yesterday and I love the game to death! This game was MADE for the wii, the side ways Wiimote control is perfect for this kind of play. The story line is just as quirky as the 1000 year door but is still fresh and fun. the Pixl's you get in the game have amazing powers and the 3-D flip power is the bomb. This is one of the games I have to buy, just like the1000 year door when I rented it.

[B]Gears of War 2[/B]: right now I'm only playing the multiplayer with my little brother because I guess he like this game too. For now, I'm just playing the multiplayer mode just when I wait for something to happen.

[B]Star Ocean - The Last Hope[/B]: right I have a solid 30 hours into the game. I got this game when it came out and this game is pretty much awesome. Overall this game is fun. Right now I'm on [spoiler]En II where I have to go to the sanctuary and defeat another freakin Grigori again. The last Grigori was a real pain because somehow my attacks were weak and I wasn't doing much damage. Other than that, Arumat kick *** because not only he is a freakin bad ***, but also a strong attacker as well.[/spoiler]

[B]Phantasy Star Portable[/B]: This game is awesome and fun. Sometime one of the boss monster cheats and some are easy to kill once you know what to do. Anyone wanna team up local, just PM me. This is the game that I play when I have nothing else to do. Right now I'm trying to kill this [spoiler]two-headed dragon thing with Lucaim Nav[/spoiler] and the boss does a whole bunch of damage. Evil thing >.<

[b]Dragon Quest 8: Journey of the Cursed King[/b] - I've put in about a good 13-16 hours now, and I've just reached Ascantha with the full party. 17, 17, 15, 14 (Angelo might be at 15 as well.)

I'm following someone's guide at gamefaqs (sorry, can't remember the name) so I've pretty much been using this persons character builds. Boomerangs and Spears for the silent hero. Axes for Yangus. Whips for Jessica. Swords for Angelo. It seems pretty basic so far.

I've yet to receive a gameover, but at the same time, I've taken some massive damage too, mainly from that yellow dinosaur thingy.

I barely have the time I really want to put into this game though, what, with school and whatnot. So my interest in the game has been dwindling here and there. Mainly when I'm going on a scavenger hunt for items.... Especially when the game is really huge.

It's still one of my favorite RPGs though no doubt... (FF8 will probably have this spot for quite some time.)

I should probably consider playing more games like Okami and Metal Gear Solid moreso than rpgs at the moment lol.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"][B]Far Cry 2[/B]. A whole lotta guns, a whole lotta beautiful scenery and a whole lotta...lotta stuff.
It's an amazing game if you haven't played it yet. Easily one of the best looking on a console. Plus the free roaming, buy and upgrade your weapons shtick never gets old.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Been a while after my long absence here...

So first: [B]Devil Summoner Kuzunoha Raidou tai Abaddon Ou[/B] on the PS2

[spoiler]I split my save files into two, one is for the Law while the other is Chaos. I decided to tackle down the Law Route first so I'll try my best to take the right answer on the said route. Last round against Jiroumaru put him out in the grave so the leftovers are those two black armored guys who were a total pain...but first, demon recruiting is my priority.[/spoiler]

Then second, [B]Cid to Chocobo Fushigi na Dungeon: Toki Wasure no Meikyuu+[/B] on the NDS

[spoiler]I can't say this is a good game compared to the Wii version but has some major changes on the story but I still finished the game on Normal Mode. The post-game was a huge pain in the butt (first was Volg's Memories which is WTF level 60) counting the Chocobo's Dungeon which is 99 floors LONG and Kuroma's Memories (though on the Wii version was Kuroma's Future like wtf) which consists of 5 floors that are on Level 90 (no kidding, they deal huge damage so easy boot out of the dungeon). So after when all of those are cleared, I got the powerful Shinryuu Claws (imbued with Light Elemental, Flying Killer, Large Killer, Dragon Killer, Undead Killer, Elemental Killer and Demon Killer) and Omega Saddle (imbued with Evasion Up, Darkness Guard, Silence Guard, Able to walk sleeping monsters w/o waking them up) though I might plan to add the Saddle with Light Resistance so it gets resistance to all elements then steal the Ribbon from Hakaishin so I can remove the Stat Guards in the Saddle.[/spoiler]

Though I still have lots to rant but I can save them for the next post :D

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][b]Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence[/b] - Well, truthfully it's the essential collection, but hey, who cares, right? Figure I'd try and work on my CQC skills since I suck at it so much, especially when [spoiler]facing off against The Boss[/spoiler]. I just started recently so I'm no where just yet. 2nd area of the virtuous mission. I do miss seeing all these clips though. I just might buy Subsistence to get the theatre.[/FONT]

So far here's what I'm playing for now:

[B]Resident Evil 5[/B]: this game got me doing one of the mission over and over. Reason that is, is that I'm trying to up grade most of my weapon. Sometimes I defeat the boss which when facing the first time can be easily killed now with only a few shotgun shots. Throughout the game, I'm doing a treasure hunt where I try to find all of the jewels and gold throughout the mission. So thats what I'm playing lately right now, but once I finally upgrade all my weapons and get all the weapons then I can get to my Star Ocean game where I left off soon.

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I recently went back to play [b]Ninja Gaiden 2[/b] again. Decided to try and play through on the [i]Path of the Warrior[/i] difficulty instead of the easier one. (Even though I've yet to beat the game at all.)

It's more intense seeing how my health gets lower more than usual, and I find myself relying a lot more on actual skills (and items) than the usual Flying Swallow technique. I've finally gotten use to doing OLC's (on-land charges, for those who haven't played NG or don't know about it), somewhat.

The test of Valors are even more crazy now, too. That's where most of my items will disappear at. The last TOV I did wasn't so bad though, but the two before this one was crazy because I had to fight wolves and these flying dragon-like monsters that shoot fireballs (I might have them mixed up.), and my health was decreasing drastically since I'm still trying to master certain weapons and still trying to utilize the OLC perfectly. I've also been using ninpo a lot more as well since I keep finding myself in a lot of tight situations.

I'm currently on chapter 6 getting ready to fight Volf. I wonder if the lunar staff would make the battle as easy as it was when I was fighting that boned dinosaur.

I'll be switching between Ninja Gaiden 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3 for the time being.[/FONT]

I just beat the original Legend of Zelda. It was so intense, 4 hits with the master sword and a shot with the silver arrow. Then he turned into dust. Now i'm working on the 2nd quest. It's even tougher than the first!

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I finally beat Ninja Gaiden 2. Got my weapons to carry over and everything, so now I'm just having a little bit of fun just hacking away at enemies, and trying to do some of these fancy combos I've seen in some of these videos.

I also tried playing the game on Path of the Mentor for the first time, and pretty much died right on sight lol. I think I'll continue to play on Warrior for a little bit to build up skills and try to memorize some of these button combinations seeing how I only know the combination for the Izuna Drop for the Dragon Sword, Falcon's Talon and the Lunar Staff. I want to try mastering the Blade of the Archfiend. They're my favorite, but I kind of suck with them at the moment lol.

What else. No telling when I'll actually start playing Tales of Vesperia. My brother's been playing Infinite Undiscovery, and seems to be addicted to that, somewhat, so I'll probably give that a try a little bit later on down the line. I may even cave in and try an actual playthrough of Gears of War 2. (If I can be bothered with trying to, that is.)[/FONT]