OtakuBoards

What Are You Playing?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"][B]World of Warcraft[/B].

Me and this game love to hate each other. Off and on, I've been playing it since the launch of Burning Crusade. So, about two years. I don't have any level 80s, and I'm still oblivious to many things, and as well I'm constantly asking questions.

Either way, it's fun. I'm not feeling like quitting. Yet.

Anyway. If you play on Baelgun, look me up. My character is Magicmissle.
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
Took a break from Dead or Alive 4 and went back to [b]Tales of Vesperia[/b]. (I'll be playing a lot more of this for the next couple of weeks (might be shorter than that.) since I have the time now.

My party are between levels 42-44. I forgot what town I'm in but

[spoiler]the last thing I remember happening was a cut scene of Estelle blowing everyone away to a town, and I'm suppose to go to some icy place.[/spoiler]

I've been tinkering around with the skills and whatnot, but I'm not certain if they're activated or not. (Green letters means activated right?)

Also, while I know it don't count as playing it, but I've been watching this youtube walkthrough of [b]Metal Gear Solid 4[/b]. (It's not like I can play it anyway. Don't own a ps3.) At first I was just watching it to see everything that can be done in the game, but then one thing lead to another and I found myself watching it continously as if it were a movie, and let me tell you, just looking at the game being played is all sorts of epic. So I can imagine how it'll feel once I actually get to play it. [spoiler]The motorcycle ride leading up to the fight against Crying Raven was awesome.[/spoiler]

It's been a while since I've called a game epic, and I think the last game I've actually called epic was Metal Gear Solid 3. That or Devil May Cry 3. (both were epic to me.) I've yet to really see or play anything this gen that actually blew me away. Sure Gears of War 2, Devil May Cry 4, and Ninja Gaiden 2 were good games, but none of them did much to really draw me into its story as much as MGS4 has done. From the characters all the way to the gameplay is downright amazing. And I'm not even done watching it. I think I'm fairly close to the end though. Man, I can wait to get my hands on a ps3 or MGS4. Raiden is officially a BA.

I should watch more walkthrough's more often... (As long as there's no commentary that is.)

[FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Indigo"]I'm currently playing [B]Dragon Quest VIII[/B]. I stopped since I got busy with life. So I picked it up during my break between semesters. I had forgotten just how awesome this game is. I've now beaten it and I'm doing all of the fun after game bonus stuff. So I can beat it again and unlock a second ending. [/COLOR][/FONT]

^ Ooh, I am also playing this last night! But started again from scratch.

Been a while after my long absence in here.

I can't believe it. I was suppose to continue Kamen Rider Climax Heroes then suddenly, the file was gone! I'm so fed up clearing Decade Mode again (and attain S ranks) but for completion's sake, I have to. :(

Rogue Galaxy. Ahh, I remember grinding my butt just for the hunting and ridiculously did some crazy combining that made it broken. Still, I get beaten up in return...

Next, I suddenly got into Touhou fandom so where do I start?

Touhou Eiyashou, Easy Mode didn't forgive me so I had to give a shot on Normal. I cleared it but...
Touhou Kaeizuka, I beat Normal Mode using Aya Shameimaru but I forgot to save the replay *headdesks*
Touhou Suimusou, the last stage made me rage.
Touhou Hisouten, only one managed to get into Hard Mode. I dunno why I was able to beat it though...
Touhou Hisoutensoku, I cleared Story Mode...now what's next?

As for the Touhou fanmade games, Mystical Chain just blew me off. Maybe I should get back playing DQ8 for the meantime.

New Batman game has been my thing since it came out. Kinda annoyed though cuz the man beast keeps gettin in my way as far as playing it and finishing it lately. Mainly cuz hes been practically glued to the floor for the past 3 days in front of the tv doing whatever.

I only get the PS3 when he's at work... >.>

[size=1]Oh my Jesus. I've finally gotten past the very first area on [b]Ninja Gaiden 2[/b] on Path of the Mentor, and wouldn't know it, they send rocket people my way afterwards.. I kind of find the rocket folks easier to deal with over the IS ninja's. I guess that's because they (rockets) don't swarm you as much as the IS ninja's. Also, I think I'm going to stick with the staff throughout most of the game seeing how I feel a lot more safe (comfortable) with it than I do with the dragon sword.

I definately see where the fun is at now. Trying to beat this on a higher difficulty.

I think the next time I get my hands on Devil May Cry 4 (3 as well) I'm going to attempt one of the harder difficulties.[/size]

Squash that, I made it to chapter 3 on Path of the Mentor, but I gotta talk about chapter 2 first. First and foremost things can get pretty stupid when you just run in stupidly trying to take out the soldiers firing missles. Then when you get pass that you have more missles being fired at you far away when running up some steps. It can get pretty tedious especially when you forget to save or refill your health.

And then after that when you finally reach the rooftop battle with IS ninja's, things can get pretty hairy, but by the 8th time I died I think I got fairly used to how they operate.... somewhat. The battle that was really hard for me was the Ratsetsu fight because IS ninja's are with him and they are very aggressive. I've died at least 12 times trying to figure out how to beat him, and if I had to do it again, I'd probably die another good 12 - 15 times before finally beating him. Even though I did end up dying against Genshin (mainly because I didn't know what to expect), it wasn't as nearly as bad as I thought it would be. As a matter of fact I'd say the fight with Ratsetsu and the IS ninja's were harder than him.

Now that I'm on ch. 3 the difficulty seem to have went from insane to straight up [strike]bullsh.......[/strike]garbage. These purple/green-like thingy's causes so much damage to where you can receive a gameover in a matter of 2 hits. I've watched videos for how to beat the very beginning of this part, it's just a matter of getting the timing down for my 360 OLC with the staff. I'm pretty horrible right now with that stuff. And I keep being stupid trying to do a full charge rather than a regular charge.

This game is definately a lot more fun (pissing me off though) on the higher difficulties.) I may never even attempt to do a Path of the Master run though. My patience won't allow for it. Heh.

I've finished a few games since I last posted.

[b]Tales of the Abyss[/b] - Real fun game. The ending was actually a bit underwhelming, if only because I had gotten so attached to the characters and having it end was like... weird or something. Or maybe I felt it wasn't OH EM GEEE enough. I dunno, still a great game and I'm sure I'll replay it someday.

[b]Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney + Justice for All[/b] - First two games in the AA series heck yes. I don't know why I didn't jump on this crazy train sooner. o_o The games are unbelievably addicting; for people who like solving mysteries (even as basic as watching Law & Order to see whodunnit) this is, like, MADE for you. Srsly. I'm just sad that I don't have the other two games in the series to play. ;3;

Aaaand... that's about it. I lost my steam on finishing .hack//Quarantine, so that probably won't happen. Otherwise, today I was just replaying some EBA and Ouendan. Man, I almost forgot how awesome those games are.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Miss Anonymous'][b]Tales of the Abyss[/b] - Real fun game. The ending was actually a bit underwhelming, if only because I had gotten so attached to the characters and having it end was like... weird or something. Or maybe I felt it wasn't OH EM GEEE enough. I dunno, still a great game and I'm sure I'll replay it someday.

[b]Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney + Justice for All[/b] - First two games in the AA series heck yes. I don't know why I didn't jump on this crazy train sooner. o_o The games are unbelievably addicting; for people who like solving mysteries (even as basic as watching Law & Order to see whodunnit) this is, like, MADE for you. Srsly. I'm just sad that I don't have the other two games in the series to play. ;3;[/QUOTE]
Even though I despise Luke, I did have a blast playing that game. And I'm kind of regretting the fact that I traded it in... (One would think I've learned my lesson with Dragon Quest 8... but I needed the credit XD.) But yeah, what really made the game for me was Jade's sarcasm and Guy's phobia. I wouldn't mind playing it again. One would think I'm enjoying Tales of Vesperia as much as I enjoyed TotA but, honestly, it feels like something is missing from that game but I just can't place my finger on it. (But it's still a good game though.) Maybe if I had the time to actually play the game I'd probably think otherwise.

I've only played Justice for All and Apollo Justice and, I agree with you there as well. Those are some pretty fun games even though there's no replay value and, I found some of the characters annoying. But overall, those were some great games. I'd really like to play the other games in the series one of these days.

In any case, I'm still playing [b]Ninja Gaiden 2[/b] on mentor. I've made it up to chapter 8 and it's been pretty hectic. Robots pissing me off. IS ninja's pissing me off. I hate this chapter because I tend to play stupid every time I face off against them. I highly doubt I'll be able to finish the game though, since my sister is suppose to leave the end of this month and, she's taking the 360 with her. "shrugs"

Once my god-brother brings this controller I'll finally be able to get back to playing Final Fantasy 4... (crap... I don't even know where I last left off on that game.)

GBA- Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Always finding myself intrigued by this game even though I already know whats gonna happen.

PS2: NBA Live games and Smackdown vs Raw 2009
I love basketball and can never stop playing it and the same goes for wrestling.

Wii: Rock band 2 and the newest Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Have been playing Rock Band and just got the FFCC game. It looks great.

• 3 weeks later...
[SIZE="1"]Just finished Fable 2, a decent enough game, though not as good as the original. The new firearms add a bit of depth to combat on the strategic front, but sadly it remains the hack, slash, shoot and magic grind as it was in Fable albeit with magic having been struck rather forcefully with a nerf-bat.

Story-wise, the game starts out rather well though sadly that's about all I can say positively. After the tutorial level the similarities, homages and outright copy-pastes from Fable become glaringly obvious. [spoiler]Lucien starts appearing as a misguided anti-villain but falls hard into the clichéd territory of wanting to bring order and justice to a chaotic land by using the god-like power of the Spire.[/spoiler] Not quite Jack of Blades, but equally he lacks any real presence in the game aside from a couple of villainous pontifications before the inevitable.

I'd originally thought some of the side characters from Fable annoying, Thunder's constant blustering, Briar's grating arrogance, the Guildmaster's...voice. None of that would prepare me even remotely however for group of misanthropes, morons and vanity-driven fops that Fable 2 saddles you with, save the dog of course, he's awesome. [spoiler]Hammer not only refuses to shut up throughout most of the game and has several dull philosophical and ethical debates but sees fit to blame you, the Hero, for the situation which forced you into working together, and better still should you choose anything but the most selfless ending whereby you entire family (and dog) remains dead but all those poor workers from the Spire (and coincidently her father apparently) are brought back to life she has issue with your moral fibre.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Garth[/spoiler] was by far my favourite side-character next to the dog, but sadly that's not saying much considering he's woefully underused. Finally and lamentably I'm brought to my number one reason for cutting Fable 2 down by at least a rating: [spoiler]Reaver[/spoiler], I don't care if he's voiced by [spoiler]Stephen Fry[/spoiler] from the moment I interacted with that prat I wanted to jam my pistol between his eyebrows and empty his cranium of what little intelligence remained in it. Further revelations only increased this loathing [spoiler]his willingness to steal the life-force of others in order to keep himself young, and the fact the imbecile was the one responsible for the annihilation of Oakvale 200 years beforehand[/spoiler] Not only that but the pillock [spoiler]betrays you, realises Lucien has no plans to spare Reaver and then at the end kills Lucien if you're not quick enough to do it yourself[/spoiler] at no point are you ever given the option of at least beating some humility into him.

In the end Fable 2 is a distinctly average game, suffering from Peter Molyneux's routine overhyping of anything he's attached to. A 7 is generous in 2009 given how poor the in-game graphics look only a year after release, the repetitiveness of the gameplay, the unimaginative story and woeful side-characters. I also loath Molyneux continues to make the game easier, in terms of finance for evil characters and punishes good ones but the poverty-stricken hero is solely confined to his games. If you played and enjoyed Fable it might be worth a rent, just don't expect too much.[/SIZE]

[FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I picked up the Guild Wars Trilogy set this month so I'm working through the first one, Prophecies. I find this rather ironic since I've always steered clear of MMO games since I don't want something that requires more than casual play. That and I had no interest in paying monthly fees just to be connected for it.

What has made this fun so far is that yes you do need to work with people, but so far there is a lot that you can do without needing to team up with other people. So I like that it's not completely dependent on teaming up. Anyway, I'm enjoying it enough that I started a second character over the weekend. [/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='CaNz']mega man 64

a k a mega man legends...[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="#862A51"]You have amazing taste.

<3

For me...I've...not really been playing much lately, surprisingly. Mainly just Pokemon Platinum because I'm giddy for HG/SS and need something to tide me over. I NEED to play .hack//Redemption, which I got a couple weeks ago...and other games as well. [inb4LEGENDOFDRAGOON][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[size=1][color=navy]Now that I finally got me a controller for my ps2 now I can get back to playing the games I've been itching to try out or finish. I started replaying [b]Chrono Trigger[/b] and pretty much forgotten where I left off at. Good thing I already finished playing once before. I guess this would be a good time on trying to get other endings...

Crono - 70
Marle - 66 - 68
Lucca - 65 - 67
Frog - 65

I just finished the little trial... [spoiler]Bastards found me not guilty yet I still ended up in jail again.....[/spoiler][/color][/size]

[size=1][color=navy]Still playing [b]Chrono Trigger[/b]. Besides the loading my only real complaint is that I don't really care for the mini-games, specifically the racing part in 2300, but then again, if it doesn't involve battling I generally tend to skip all of them (or at least try to skip all of them) since I never find them to be all that rewarding.

Chrono - 71
Marle - 70
Lucca - 67
Frog - 67
Robo - 67
Ayla - 70

Guess you know who my main party is :).

I think I might start my first attempt at FFIX soon. (That or VI)[/size][/color]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"][B]Borderlands[/B]

If you're not playing this loot filled, hilarious role-playing shooter then you're not living. It's amazing. Grab some friends, grab some guns, and go to town.

The story is uninspired, sure, but when you have dancing robots, foul-mouthed hicks, and loads of gore and explosions how can you pass it up?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I've been playing a lot of Forza 3 on my Xbox. It's actually quite fun! Also, it's great seeing my boyfriend's inner car-nerd as he's telling me all this information about every car I win. =P

Other than that, I've just been playing Aion on my computer. I haven't played another MMO since Guild Wars first came out, but I'm in love with it. In fact, I haven't played in a long while.... *goes to play*

[size=1][color=navy]I called myself trying to play [b]Soul Calibur 4[/b] to see if I can get into the series again (since I've been on this Tekken spree), but unfortunately, that's just not going to happen. After enjoying the first Soul Calibur I, for some unforseen reason can't get into the rest of the games in the series. I like weapon-based combat (I wouldn't like Guilty Gear if I didn't), but things just seem so meh-ish in SC2 and up.

Oh well, I won't speak ill of the game anymore.

Man, I have a serious urge to play both Tekken and Virtua Fighter now.

Anyway, back to finish up this run of [i]Chrono Trigger[/i].[/color][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
Indeed, Chrono Trigger never gets old. I want to play it right now actually. Especially after reading these: [URL="http://chronocompendium.com/Articles.html"]http://chronocompendium.com/Articles.html[/URL]

I also never get tired of EYEZMAZE games.

Right now, I'm playing Ragnarok Online: Lightside Legend (I'm not very good at this game) and Final Fantasy XII on the weekends. That's all I have time/money for. RAWRRR Stupid school and work getting in the way of my gaming.

[SIZE=1]Finished out [B]Dragon Age: Origins[/B] at the weekend, technically it was 3 a.m. Monday morning but let's not get into specifics, and I have to say while it doesn't perhaps live up to all the hype surrounding it it is a truly excellent game.

There's plenty of fluff for D&D fans (apparently) with decent enough explanations for those of us that are not, fantastic graphics, a gripping story that truly takes hold of the player for the 35+ hours for the first play through, quite a diverse and enjoyable set of characters (without[/SIZE][SIZE=1]Raphael Sbarge stereotypical whiner) although my one complaint would be that you can pick out the villains of the story far, far too quickly (in some cases)[/SIZE][SIZE=1].

The combat system does leave a little to be desired also, I can't decide whether it's turn-based with the option of real-time for those who want it, or real-time that gives you the option of turn-based for those who want to up the difficulty and add a bit more strategy. Either way it can feel a bit finicky at times, and I would've liked an improved ally AI rather than the tactics concept lifted from FFXII.

Even with some minor flaws it's still another gem from Bioware, and I'd recommend anyone who fancies a good RPG over the Christmas break to pick it up and immerse yourself in it.
[/SIZE]