OtakuBoards

What Are You Playing?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[size=1][color=navy]I've been playing a couple of games.

[b]Halo 3[/b] - I don't do any of the multiplayer stuff (outside of a co-op campaign). I just don't get a kick out of it anymore. I'm all about the single player campaign mode. And now that I've shaken off the rust I can finally say that I'm having fun. I found a new toy, although I don't know what it's called, but it's pretty powerful. A melee type weapon that sends folk flying. If only I had that thing when them hunters (We call them big blues) popped up... There were a couple of [i]What the hell is that?[/i] moments from me. While I wasn't scared, I was a bit cautious especially seeing whatever those things were that carry these weapons. I'm always on edge when it comes to them Floods. I hate those things.

These graphics are quite nice even though I'm not playing the game on a HDTV. The backgrounds and the water is really fascinating.

The soundtrack was always great. I never grow tired of the classic halo theme.

[b]Final Fantasy IV[/b] - I did end up starting my game over because of a mishap. I mistook the discard bin thingy as something I can store my items in. (It looks like a house)

From what I've played of it, so far, these characters are perhaps the best characters I've seen out of the FF games I've played and I still haven't seen this Edge guy yet (or should I say that this FF has the best characterization), however, I still prefer the characters in FF7(outside of Yuffie and Cait Sith) and Squall, lol. (I'm more of a modern day-ish type of fellow)

I've also enjoyed some of the music, but then again it's your typical FF music so I suppose that's a given.

With all that being said, and I know I'ma end up kicking myself for it in the end, but I'm gonna call it quits with the rpg genre for a while. Being in school and all I just don't have the time for these type of games. I get sucked in way too easy if I either like the characters or attacks. I'm going to stick with games that're shorter to beat as well as relieve stress/anger.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Kastom']Agh, I want to play Dragon Age, but my lappy is in no fit state to run something like that. And it's not the type of game I want to play on console, otherwise I may have already got it for my 360.[/quote]

[SIZE=1]From what I've heard Kastom it is best played on a sufficiently powerful PC by comparison to either the 360 or the PS3 and that the 360's version is arguably the worst looking of all 3.
[/SIZE]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]Ooh boy soo much that I've been playing.

[b]Tekken 6[/b]- I've always had an affinity for Namco's 3d brawlers (Tekken, Soul Calibur) and Tekken 6 is just the latest edition of the series. It really doesn't add too much to the formula that wasn't in Tekken: Dark Ressurection, with the exception of destructable environments and low parries. The netcode is really bad too, given some games that have pulled it off rather well (Street Fighter II: Turbo HD Remix). But the offline gameplay is still really fun and the characers are really well rendered. Could have done without the first player campaign mode, but that's just me.

[b]Rock Band 2[/b]- Our family got this as the new party game and I've enjoyed pretty much the entire soundtrack. I only play the drums on Rock Band, given my predisposition to the kit. Although the set really doesn't resemble the stuff you do on Rock Band, a person could keep a decent beat with the things the game does provide you with.

[b]Street Fighter IV[/b]- I play this game regularly (read: every night) and it's kept my attention for so long. I'm also really looking forward to the new revision, Super Street Fighter IV. So, for right now, it's time to play the crap outta vanilla SFIV so I can get right into SSFIV when it comes out next year.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Lately its been trade off's. Husband plays Modern Warfare on his PS3 while he's home. So I've seen A LOT of that since he's only gotta go in for formations now.

And when he's not around I swap back to the 360 for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. I was getting into Halo 3... but I can't play it with him here. He annoys the crap out of me by constantly trying to tell me how I should be playing.

"NEEDLER!! Use the needler!!"

Ugh... This is why I don't co'op with him on any games he drives me insane. Unless Im able to shoot at him it wont happen lol!

[B][COLOR="Green"]Xbox 360[/COLOR][/B] Since it came out, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 has not left my Xbox 360. I'm trying to grab every achievement for it and i'm almost there :D

[COLOR="Green"][B]Nintendo DS[/B][/COLOR] I have been playing Scribblenaughts because thats an amazing game. You can think of anything and add it into the game to help you beat the levels. Very neat

[size=1][color=navy]I finally got around to finishing it. It was quite an experience. I swear, Bungie really outdid themselves with these graphics. The snowy-looking area was amazing to look at. I bet I'd piss my pants if I were to play hook this up to our big screen.

The characters were pretty good, but of course I'm all about the Chief and Cortana. The arbiter was pretty good too, although I never would've expected them to speak so proper, or rather, be so formal. Speaking of which, the voice actors deserve some credit, too, since they made everything come to life.

I don't really have any negatives about the campaign. I didn't try to play it all in one sitting so the short length didn't really hit me yet. (Maybe next time) If I had to give a negative it would definately be the Floods. Them things are far too annoying for my taste. [spoiler]Especially when you're trying to find Cortana[/spoiler]. I hate being by myself with no backup when it comes to them things. Stupid things just like to swarm the hell out of you. [spoiler]Not to mention they come back to life.... (I never stuck around in the 1st two find if out if they did that or not)[/spoiler]

In a sense I hated and loved the final part of the game when trying to make the big escape. On one hand I've never been so frustrated with the driving sections until that part... [spoiler]Stupid floors falling all over the place. (Not to mention I kept getting shot from all directions)[/spoiler] But on the other hand those were the most heart-pumping moments of the series.. (Again, I don't remember 2 all that hot) So it pans out evenly.

I don't think I'll ever attempt multiplayer. I'll get my fill with the campaign.

Overall, I had fun with this game. Now all I gotta do is get ODST and I'm done with the series... Well, there's still Halo Wars, but I don't play those type of games. But yeah, Halo 3 does rank in my top 5 favorites.[/size][/color]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]For some odd reason, I decided to try my hand at Sega Superstars Tennis. I played it, like, once when I got my 360 [as it came with it], and hadn't touched it since.

And, it's surprisingly fun. As well as surprisingly hard. Or I just suck at virtual tennis. Which is weird, considering how I played the crap out of Mario Tennis on the N64. Ahh, those were the days...[/SIZE][/FONT]

i was unstoppable at mario tennis... my Yoshi was the best... but i think i should try sega tennis since you are playing it.

oh, and i have been playing dragon age reciently too... I am probably the only one in the world who thinks this... but I think this game falls short. I loved Knights of the old republic one and especially two, and this game i think pails in comparison to KOTOR 2

i may be giving it a bad rap because i am a star wars fan, but the story seems weak in comparison... i found myself not caring about any of the charicters (including my own) and above all else i was sick of seeing blood everywere all the time... i get that in a battle there is gonna be gore but why is it that every time i fight a friggen dog my entire party, once shiny knights is now speckled, if not drenched in blood.

not that the game doesnt have merits... its just i think they took a step back from their previous works, when they should have leaped forward with this since they now have a Xbox 360 to work with.

[quote name='Sangome'][FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]For some odd reason, I decided to try my hand at Sega Superstars Tennis. I played it, like, once when I got my 360 [as it came with it], and hadn't touched it since.

And, it's surprisingly fun. As well as surprisingly hard. Or I just suck at virtual tennis. Which is weird, considering how I played the crap out of Mario Tennis on the N64. Ahh, those were the days...[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Haha i have that game its awesome! Its a good time waster and if you have it for xbox you get some easy achievements :)

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]After discovering an LJ comm dedicated to only the original FFVII, I became spurred to replay it. And I say phooey to the naysayers, I still love this freaking game. [Even if "This guy are sick" made me snort and snicker uncontrollably...] I never did beat Sephiroth [laugh all you want]...

The more I think about it, the more I would [I]not[/I] want it to be remade, though. I dunno, I...kinda like it the way it is. [Well...okay, I guess maybe a better translation would be nice. But yeah.] And for some strange reason, I want to live in Midgar. o_O Minus all the violence and crime, of course. Sure, it's an absolute crapsack city, but it has an...odd charm to it.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[size=1][color=navy]I'm also playing [b]FFVII[/b] at the moment even though I once stated that I don't have the time to play RPG's anymore. I am on a break though so, yeah...

The reason I've decided to play this is because I just recently caught onto equipping materia properly, and now I wanna try some of these setups that I saw on gamefaqs (that place has horrible grammar issues). My first and second playthrough, it never occurred to me to equip materia to weapons that doubles/triples the growth.. I always just put materia any and everywhere.

I'm also going to be trading in FF Chronicles, FF Anthology, and FFIX (I know, I know... That's like that "blasphemy" right..? ) for my favorite games (Metal Gear Solid 2, 3, and Devil May Cry 3) since I've had a mean craving to play them.[/size][/color]

As a nice contrast to the people above me I've been replaying FF8; yesterday finishing disc 3. Happy to say it was my first Final Fantasy game and I've been playing many other FFs there after. While 11 takes up majority of my RPG time reliving the classics is something I redo on ocasion.

[size=1][color=navy]I'm on the boat heading towards Costa de (something.. Forgot) I'm probably a tad bit over leveled at this point in the game because I was trying to get Aeris to learn Planet Protector or whatever it's called, and then I was also trying to learn Beta from the midgar zolom without getting myself killed in the process. I was successful after 3-4 tries because I ended up killing it a couple of times, and then the stupid jerkface ended up kicking the one equipped with the enemy skill materia out of the battle. Anyways, most of my characters are between the lvl's 21-24 with Cloud on his way to 25. A couple of my materia are at lvl 2 as well. (2 Lightning, 2 Fire, 2 Ice, and 1 Restore)

P.S. [spoiler]I friggin hate the part where Cloud has to march along with the other soldiers.[/spoiler][/size][/color]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]Costa del Sol?

Anyway, on my end of the FFVII spectrum, I'm being horribly lazy/slow [of course]. I had just infiltrated Shinra's HQ, and I got way too tired and stopped for that evening. I'll probably work on it later today.

I also managed to get Don Corneo to choose [spoiler]Cloud[/spoiler] for that one event. Oh gosh, the immature hilarity. Made even more entertaining by playing that part at two in the morning and hyped up on caffeine, woo![/SIZE][/FONT]

I just started replaying [b]Tales of Symphonia[/b] today. It's been years since I've played the game, and never by myself; my brother and I used to co-op, you see. I'm not even to the Martel chapel yet though. Gotta get used to using Lloyd as opposed to Genis. @_@

[quote name='DeathKnight'][color=crimson]I am currently fighting baddies in Dragon Age and doing multiplayer in CoD6.

Both are very good games to pick up. Very different though.[/color][/QUOTE]

DA: O has sucked more time away from me than I care to admit. I've beaten it like six times now, and I still haven't done everything I want to. I was surprised at how good it was, regardless that I've put more than 400 hours on KOTOR and KOTOR2.

As for ModWar2, well, AC-130s never get old.

Got Left 4 Dead 2 last night, and while it's fun, it's a pain in the *** with computer-controlled teammates. Most of my friends have not deemed it a prudent buy so far, so I guess I'll just have to wait.

Assassin's Creed 2 is also another I've split time with. I like the mild RPG elements added to the game, as well as the overall elements of the game.

Ken, you on 360? Hit me up sometime. Rave9910

I decided to screw ToS for a bit and get back into Final Fantasy IX. I really really love the game yet it's been ages since I've played it [i]and[/i] I have yet to actually beat the game myself. >>
So I just took four or so hours to catch up on the game. Last time I stopped I was on the third disc. Decided to take some time to level up some characters who desperately needed it, as well as try and learn as many abilities as I can. Found a monster called a Grand Dragon to train against, but DAMN is it ever strong when it casts Thundaga. Annoying thing. :/
Also, Choco got upgraded to the Deep Sea ability! :D

i searched 3 gamestops and a game crazy and came home with one of my old favorites Mobile Suit Gundam Encounters in Space.

in my opinion the greatest gundam game that i have played... which is all but the ps3 ones i could find.
this game is addicting and has so many mobile suits its maddening (since they make you unlock almost all of them one at a time.) but overall it can be fun to explore the 0079-0084 gundam world.

Playing Final Fantasy XII on PS2 and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days for DS... unfortunately school has gotten the better of me and I'm unable to play (the fact that my PS2 is at home is irrelevant). The games are still sweet though. I love FFXII to death.

I like to playing NFS Most Wanted. The game just keeps getting better. I must say, however, I don't actually play that much overall. Less then 5-6 hours a week . Can't wait for classes to be over in a few weeks. I think it is a fabulous game. Every one should play this game.