OtakuBoards

What Are You Playing?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]I'm still playing [b]Twilight Princess[/b]. Found myself stuck in the Temple of Time. I can't seem to find this stupid boss/big key, and it's getting on my nerves.

While it's not because I can't find the key, but I am becoming a little worn out with this game at the moment. I think it's about time I take a break from this game. (I miss my ps2 dangit)

I don't know what I'll be playing. Don't have own anything else on the Gamecube outside of Wind Waker, and right now I don't feel like going back to play that yet. I might go steal my ps2 from brother so I can play Okami.

Man I need a PS3 (I want to play MGS4).[/font][/color]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]Finally, after owning it since it came out [2004], I beat [B]Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door[/B] yesterday. I almost cried. ;_; But at least it has a "play forever"-type deal where you can play around in the saved world. Good for me, since I intend on finishing all the troubles at the Trouble Center [I think I only have a few left now].

Started up [B]Tales of the Abyss[/B] again on a whim the other day. I had a New Game+ sitting around on there, so I decided to make use of it. Not very far yet, though; I just got to St. Binah last time I played.

Since this week is my last week of school, I hope to kickoff the summer with the games I got for my birthday. [B]Skies of Arcadia[/B] is the main thing I plan on working on, along with [B]Final Fantasy VI[/B] and [B]Evolution Worlds[/B]. I also have a [I]really[/I] strong urge to replay [B]Ocarina of Time[/B]. I beat it a long time ago after renting it a bunch for the N64, and I downloaded it onto my Wii about a year or two ago; I got stuck in the Forest Temple and haven't really tried since. I'll probably just start a new file, though. I should also work on [B]Twilight Princess[/B], as well...I have way too many games I wanna replay this summer. @_@[/SIZE][/FONT]

I'm mainly still playing through FF12 cause college doesn't give you many chances to focus on it. Don't have much of an urge to pay 13 cause I hate the battle system, but Versus looks like its gonna be sweet.

Started playing Pokemon again since about everyone on my campus has got into it again. Now just slowly playing through my Diamond cartridge.

[SIZE="1"]Today I played Pokemon Stadium 2 with a friend. There's not much to it other than battling, which is a little boring, and the mini-games, which are hilarious.

I also re-visited Ocarina of Time for the first time in a while, but since I'm stuck in the Water Temple I didn't have much to do other than go fishing for a few minutes.

I haven't turned my DS on in a few weeks. I really need to finish Pokemon HeartGold.[/SIZE]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]I decided to hold out on that break and try to finish things. I just recently reached the Sky dungeon. While I've yet to really get into this dungeon I am starting to think this is a bit excessive in a sense. Honestly, it feels like it could've been wrapped up after beating the Temple of Time dungeon.

I've hardly tackled any side quests (I think), but for the main story it is a bit much. Don't get me wrong though, it's still a great game. Dungeon fatigue is just kicking the crap out of me, but at the same time I don't really wanna do any side quests because it'll drag things out even more and.... I've never really liked Zelda's sidequests "ducks".

This is what I get for asking for some long games lol.[/font][/color]

[FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Magus][font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]I decided to hold out on that break and try to finish things. I just recently reached the Sky dungeon. While I've yet to really get into this dungeon I am starting to think this is a bit excessive in a sense. Honestly, it feels like it could've been wrapped up after beating the Temple of Time dungeon.[/font'][/color][/quote]Once you get a bit further into the dungeon, you might change your mind. It's quite different for even a zelda game, won't take you long to see why. The boss fight is a bit anti climatic, but getting through the dungeon itself is wicked fun. You'll see what I mean once you get a certain item. :D[/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR="Red"]I started playing the original [B]Shin Megami Tensei[/B] last night. It's a lot better than I was expecting to to be. Also this game wins the Game with the Best Mother Award (Can you go pick up some coffee? Oh, did I mention someone was recently murdered? I'm refusing to go out on my own....why haven't you brought the coffee back yet?)

And I also started playing I game that I once despised- [B]Megaman Battle Network[/B]. I tried playing it and it's sequels several times before but just couldn't get into them.Then I randomly picked it up again the other day and...I couldn't put it down :x [/COLOR]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"][B]Ocarina of Time[/B]: Kind of on hold for the time being until I can get the nerve to go through [strike]hell[/strike] Jabu Jabu's Belly. :| I know there are harder dungeons/temples in this game, but holy snot I freakin' HATE Jabu Jabu's Belly. That brat Ruto doesn't really help, either.

[B]Skies of Arcadia[/B]: Finally picked this up again the other day, and I'm enjoying it a lot. I'll admit that I was kinda bored when I first started playing, but now I'm really into it. Currently in Valua, which is...depressing, to say the least. Kinda reminds me of Midgar from FFVII, with the whole rich areas/poor areas being sectioned off from one another, and the fact that the slums really [I]are[/I]...uh...slummy.

[B]Super Paper Mario[/B]: Slowly going through my second playthrough. I'm at Merlee's mansion right now, which is actually kinda fun once you realize [spoiler]you don't [i]have[/i] to work for all those rubies.[/spoiler] I'm still gonna hurry through this world to get to chapter three, though, as that one's easily my favorite in the game. [/SIZE][/FONT]

Hm... going by system seems to be fairly effective, so I'll do that.

PS2: Tales of the Abyss. Yes I feel behind since this is my first playthrough, but I blame my lack of knowledge...or something. Quite enjoying it, and I'm going to Malkuth Capital.

Wii: Er, haven't used this system in ages. Last thing I recall playing on it was My Life as a King. I love that game with a passion. 3rd playthrough.

N64: Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon. Hahahahah. I love this game so much. Its kinda underrated though. I'm about to enter Ghost Toy's Castle.

Er, thats it. I've been playing a lot of Guild Wars as well.

[b]Okami[/b] (ps2)

Would it be a crime if I said this is better than Zelda? (I've seen this get compared to Zelda a few times so.... yeah) I'm about 26 hours in, and I beat Orochi. Just removed the curse zone in the next town. I'm not real big on the mythology here, but it's been presented nicely so I have nothing bad to say about it. I like how Capcom decided to keep the brush techniques simple because I'd certainly be no good if I had to draw an actual bridge with a controller lol. I'll probably play a little bit more today if I'm in the mood.

[color="#FF0000"]I recently went on a raid in GameStop (lol graduation money) and I bought a huge pile of games. I've been bouncing back and forth between all of them since then.

I've mostly been focusing on [b]Avalon Code[/b] and the [b]Fallout Trilogy[/b] (particularly the first Fallout- 2 and Tactics can wait for now). Avalon Code is an Action RPG for the DS with an interesting concept- the world is going to be destroyed soon, but you have been chosen by the Book of Prophecy to record things in said book that will be carried over when the world is recreated. And I also have to say, for a DS game, it has an AMAZING soundtrack, especially the opening song(and the opening sequence itself is amazing on its own).

[b]Fallout Trilogy[/b]is basically exactly what it sounds like- the first 3 Fallout games (1, 2 and Tactics) all in one PC game. I've been playing Fallout 1 (played 2 and Tactics long enough to make sure they work on my PC, since my PC is usually anti-game), and so far my one issue with it is how slow combat is compared to [b]Fallout 3[/b], this being because it's more turn based(you have to use AP for EVERYTHING in combat, even looking at your inventory to reload your weapon or get a stimpack), where as FO3 is basically OMG SOMETHING MOVED PUMP IT FULL OF LEAD RIGHT NOW*holds down R1*Something I'll just have to get used to, I guess.

And as for the rest of the games I bought:

-[b]Dragon Ball Z: Budokai(PS2)[/b]it was $3, I needed a game in which you could beat the crap out of people, I had data on my memory card for this game that hadn't been updated since 06, don't judge me
-[b]Evolution Worlds(GC)[/b]I played it once before a few years ago, it was about $4, so I thought "Why not?"
-[b]Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty(PS2)[/b] *inb4SNAKE?SNAKE?!SNAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!111!!1
-[b]Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater(PS2)[/b] Because I could.
-[b]Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis(PS2)[/b] An RPG that someone recommended to me a long time ago and I just got around to buying it. From what little of it I've played, it seems like a good game. I just wish you could turn off the voices in this game, because I don't really care for the English or Japanese voice acting in this game x_x
-[b]Ratchet and Clank(PS2)[/b]Played it before, but unlike the other Ratchet and Clank games, I never owned it until now.
-[b]Xenosaga Episode 1(PS2)[/b] Hopefully it actually WORKS this time D<
-[b]Unlimited Saga(PS2)[/b] played it for about five minutes, got bored. I'll probably return it.[/color] Edited by RedJ

[size="1"][color=royalblue]It's times like this - okay, you know what, it's all the time that I wish I had an actual console. I'm sure the GameCube is hidden around here [i]somewhere[/i], but otherwise I haven't had access to a decent console in ages. My brother has the 360 in his room (and going in that room is like walking into death), said brother also sold the PS2 years ago, and the Wii is usually not touched very often.

I do have a DS and a computer, though.

[b]DS:[/b] Still need to beat [b]Ace Attorney: Investigations[/b], which got shafted because it was released during my spring break and had to be pushed aside in order for me to finish projects...then the week of my return to school, [b]Pokemon SoulSilver [/b]was released. I need to work on that too. I've also got [b]Scribblenauts[/b] and [b]Drawn to Life[/b] for whenever I feel like playing random drabble, whereas [b]Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days[/b] has been rotting since like, November. I could also stand to work on [b]Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations[/b] some more.

[b]PC:[/b] Found my copy of [b]Sims 2[/b] while cleaning my room. Need I say more?[/color][/size]

[size="2"][font="Arial"][color="#C0C0C0"]So, after messing around with settings on my profile....[haha OB looks like AsianFanatics.net now], I decided to make a post somewhere. 8DDDDD;;[/color][/font][/size]

[color="#C0C0C0"][size="2"][font="Arial"][b]PSP:[/b] I've been playing [b]Final Fantasy II[/b] when I can. The game doesn't get as much credit as it should. I do admit though it'd be amazing if they'd remake it for a system, like, the PS3 so it could have prettyyyy graphics....mostly I just want to see Firion. XD[/font][/size][/color]

[color="#C0C0C0"][size="2"][font="Arial"][b]PS3:[/b] [b]Burnout Paradise[/b]. I don't even know why, the game has basically been out since the system released, but the freakin' game is so addicting, and unlocking new cars...and speeding...and destroying buildings.... And if I get bored of that, I just pop in [b]Final Fantasy XIII[/b] to level.[/font][/size][/color]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Finished both [b]Red Dead Redemption[/b] and [b]Alan Wake[/b] on the Xbox 360 in the last couple of days, both excellent games and examples of their genres and about to start Final Fantasy XIII also on the 360 (even though I've heard the PS3 version looks much better) after I've had some sleep. [/size][/font]

Picked up a copy of [b]Animal Crossing: Wild World[/b] at a pawn shop today. I like it quite a bit so far; AC and the DS go well together.

[b]Skies of Arcadia[/b]: Taking a bit of a break right now from this, as I need to level up for the red moon stone boss person thing.

[b]Ocarina of Time[/b]: I still hate Jabu-Jabu's Belly.

[b]Super Paper Mario[/b]: Still replaying this rather slowly.

I might start a replay of the original [b]Paper Mario[/b] sometime later this week; I'm thinking about playing [b]Soul Calibur IV[/b] sometime later tonight as well, after playing it at a friend's house today. Edited by Vivian

[size="1"]I've been playing Pokemon Silver on my original Gameboy Color for the past few days. I just randomly turned it on and started a new game and I've been fairly addicted to it. It's strange, considering I still haven't beaten Heart Gold.[/size]

I barely play video games these days, but my brother picked up [b]Super Mario Galaxy 2[/b] a few days ago, so I've been fiddling around with that recently. Don't think it's quite as grand as the first game so far (though I still love the soundtrack). Kind of easy thus far, too, but I'm not that far into the game (16 stars at the moment).

Picked up a little game called [b]Glory of Heracles[/b] for the DS today-ish. It has a really fun battle system that I'm quite excited to get deeper into. I've already played it for seven or so hours, despite only just getting it and probably having more important things to do. My one complaint is that I'm worried it'll be far too linear; such as, "You go from Point A to Point B, and you will NEVER probably ever get to go back to Point A. At least not until near the end of the game." You know, like what FFX did.

So I've gotten a bit further in [b]Glory of Heracles[/b] - about 20 hours to be precise - and I have a few complaints about the game. First off, the towns and dungeons are incredibly boring. They all look the same, which is disappointing since I'm pretty sure the technology exists to make towns and dungeons, you know, interesting. Second, even though the plot is interesting, they don't really make good use of dramatic tension. It... kind of ruins some of the twists.

Finally, even though the gameplay is incredibly fun, the battles are usually so easy it almost doesn't matter. But I'm okay with that in the long run, since it really is quite fun to play.

[color="#FF0000"]I recently bought [b]Final Fantasy XIII[/b], but I think I'll take it back and get something else. Nothing wrong with it- I like the game, but I simply don't think it's worth the $65 I spent on it (stupid Wal Mart B( ). I might pick up [b]Red Dead Redemption[/b] or [b]Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition[/b].

[s]Or maybe even a used copy of FFXIII, since it's only $39.99[/s][/color]

[b]Xbox 360: [/b]star ocean 4, Gears of war 1 & 2, army of two 40th day, halo ODST, halo 3, alan wake, assassin's creed 2, soul calibur 4, fable 2, and the list goes on

[b]psp: [/b]monster hunter 2: freedom unite, patapon1 & 2, blazblue continuum shift, cant rmbr the rest

but atm im playing monster hunter 2: freedom unite with my buddies thru ad-hoc :P its nice playing with friends hehe