OtakuBoards

What Are You Playing?

.:[ Revy ]:.

Since I don't have Portal 2, I am going back and playing a classic that I missed. [b]Mario Paint[/b] is definitely a simple game, really it is just a coloring book, soundboard, and pack of sticky notes that you can use to make crude animations. That being said if you have the tiniest creative bone in your body (and the ability to read music like myself) you can make some amazing stuff. I have already stayed up till 5am making songs, as well as colored the sky full of raindrops, and making a rainbow colored Yoshi. I can't get past the freaking pink room in the fly swatting game,

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1307225657' post='707849']
Since I don't have Portal 2, I am going back and playing a classic that I missed. [b]Mario Paint[/b] is definitely a simple game, really it is just a coloring book, soundboard, and pack of sticky notes that you can use to make crude animations. That being said if you have the tiniest creative bone in your body (and the ability to read music like myself) you can make some amazing stuff. I have already stayed up till 5am making songs, as well as colored the sky full of raindrops, and making a rainbow colored Yoshi. I can't get past the freaking pink room in the fly swatting game,
[/quote]

[font=palatino linotype]Mario Paint was great, although it wasn't something I played with for very long. In many ways, Electroplankton on Nintendo DS reminds me a lot of Mario Paint, except that I preferred Electroplankton.

For more than a decade, Nintendo was working on a project that has, at different times, been referred to as "Marionette". It evolved over the years and it kind of became a demonstration of different kinds of technology Nintendo was working on. But, in essence, it was a lot like Mario Paint in spirit - you could make music, use your face in-game (nothing new now, but it was certainly new back when the concept first materialized on Nintendo 64).

In some ways it's a shame that this concept never became a reality. I can understand that Nintendo probably could never make it "work" as a stand alone game, but it's the kind of thing that might be a fun download on the eShop or Wii Shop Channel.

The biggest thing I disliked about Mario Paint was just that you couldn't really save anything you created. I know that when this game was new, that was not as easy as it sounds now (given that it came out in the early 90's). But certainly, in today's world, it would be pretty easy to save and share your creations.

I almost think a new Mario Paint type product would be a fun idea for Nintendo to include as a pre-installed software on the Wii 2.[/font]

Played some of [b]Portal 2[/b]'s co-op mode with my brother. There's definitely a bit more thinking to be done with four portals to be taken advantage of rather than two. My brother and I excel at different sorts of puzzles, it seems, which has made going through everything a bit easier and improved our teamwork -- whoever sees through the puzzle first usually ends up taking the lead. Only one puzzle has stumped us so far, and it was because we both overlooked a very simple solution, haha.

Also started [b]Red Dead Redemption[/b] today. Haven't done much so far -- chased off some coyotes, rustled up some cattle and shot a gang member in the leg. All in a day's work.

[quote name='James' timestamp='1307258957' post='707856']
[font=palatino linotype]Mario Paint was great, although it wasn't something I played with for very long. In many ways, Electroplankton on Nintendo DS reminds me a lot of Mario Paint, except that I preferred Electroplankton.

For more than a decade, Nintendo was working on a project that has, at different times, been referred to as "Marionette". It evolved over the years and it kind of became a demonstration of different kinds of technology Nintendo was working on. But, in essence, it was a lot like Mario Paint in spirit - you could make music, use your face in-game (nothing new now, but it was certainly new back when the concept first materialized on Nintendo 64).

In some ways it's a shame that this concept never became a reality. I can understand that Nintendo probably could never make it "work" as a stand alone game, but it's the kind of thing that might be a fun download on the eShop or Wii Shop Channel.

The biggest thing I disliked about Mario Paint was just that you couldn't really save anything you created. I know that when this game was new, that was not as easy as it sounds now (given that it came out in the early 90's). But certainly, in today's world, it would be pretty easy to save and share your creations.

I almost think a new Mario Paint type product would be a fun idea for Nintendo to include as a pre-installed software on the Wii 2.[/font]
[/quote]

[b]Well, Mario Paint 2 would really be good for that U Draw Tablet for the Wii. Maybe that will be one of the games they release soon? I sure hope so.

If they had made Marionette, that would have been amazing. Not only because it sounds like a good concept for a Mario Paint-like game, but it would always remind me of this song:

(In fact, this would be my unofficial theme song for the game xD)[/b]

[center][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llEOqWbXi6s[/media][/center]

• 3 weeks later...
So I've been toying around with my PSP for a little bit (playing this yu-gi-oh game... I swear I hate the game but it's addicting). I probably will end up trying out games I've never even thought about trying just because I'm running out of things to buy (I can always save up :))

In any case, [b]Metal Gear Solid 4[/b] is in my PS3 right now. I'll be tackling one game at a time from this point onward. I have at least over 20+ games that I haven't beaten let alone began to play. For me, trying to play several different games just seem like I'll never beat any game, and with me working these long hours don't make it any better either.

One of the first games I got for the Gameboy Advanced: [b]Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.[/b]
This game claimed hundreds of hours, and it seems that it was just the beginning since I have fallen back in love with it. This is an RPG style hack and slasher, with play-style that is a mixture between Diablo and Borderlands [spoiler]one.[/spoiler] the combat is very basic, but the battles can be tough if you aren't prepared. The system has a very high chance of critical hits, so any enemy, no matter how weak can mess you up if you don't murder them fast. Its this risk of death that makes the game just a little more exciting then the rest of the hack and slashers.

The other thing that adds to replay value is the thousands of weapons and armors. Like Borderlands, they have a mixture of weapons, prefixes, and suffixes that add stats(borderlands has more, but this is still impressive) as a few unique items from the books that are extremely hard to find. Also there is seven playable characters, and each of them has a story that follows what they did in the movie, (not necessarily the books, since the game is based off the movie) and a lot of the stories are vastly different. I am not a big fan of collectables, but this game does it a little better by not having very many and making them hard to find, rather than everywhere but hard to find all of them. Also there are four bonus maps that are actually lengthy (except for one, and if you played it then it you will know that it never ends soon enough) and pretty cool in general. The level cap Is fifty two I think... which is far higher than I have ever gotten to, so you pretty much always have something to do when you turn it on.

Anyways, I have talked about it too much and now I wanna play it some more.

I'm a good ways into [b]Red Dead Redemption[/b] now. Was a bit slow in the beginning, but once I got more missions involving gunslinging and whatnot, the pace picked up a lot. Really getting into the story, too, and how gray it is (like most of the great westerns). Only thing that's bugging me is that some of the missions are repetitive. I'm in Blackwater now, and it doesn't feel like I'm doing too much that is different from the other two areas. Oh well. Still a fun game. Really need to hop online and check out how the game is there ...

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]So lately, I've been playing catchup with great games I never grew up with. The first two in the foray have been [b]A Link to the Past[/b] and [b]Super Metroid[/b]. [For the record, yes, I did have an SNES; it was my first system. I just never played much on it outside of Super Mario World, the DKC series, Street Fighter (when I was allowed to), and Toy Story. :P]

For the former, it's great fun and very addicting. Last time I just entered the Dark World for the first time not as Link the Trix Rabbit, but I'm now taking a break from it for a few days.

As for the latter, ahahaha I'm lost. Really, totally lost. I don't quite remember where I am; I just obtained the...uhhhhhh...charge beam, I think it was. Not sure where to go from there. I'll figure it out later. I like the game all the same, though.

And because the urge had been itching at me lately, I'm playing [b]Super Paper Mario[/b] again. I've been lollygagging around on a replay file for quite some time now, and I'm at the end of chapter 5, i.e. my least favorite chapter in the game. I was hopelessly lost, to the point where I debated starting over...until I found out that all I had to go was go left of where I had last saved, and a cutscene initiated. *facepalms*

But yeah. Gonna play more of that later because I wanna be done with this chapter, especially since the game starts getting [i]really[/i] good after this one.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1309375789' post='708211']
[color="#9932cc"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]So lately, I've been playing catchup with great games I never grew up with. The first two in the foray have been [b]A Link to the Past[/b] and [b]Super Metroid[/b]. [For the record, yes, I did have an SNES; it was my first system. I just never played much on it outside of Super Mario World, the DKC series, Street Fighter (when I was allowed to), and Toy Story. :P][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Oh My that takes me back. The SNES was my second console and I loved A link to the past, the DK seires and super mario world. A link to the past I remember spending hours upon hours getting every upgrade and item. Fantastic game.

I have recently played and fully obtained all the trophies for Infamous. I found myself compelled to get everything that game had to offer, even second play though I enjoyed it. I have just downloaded a few demos, Rush n Attack (yeah because i played the NES original), sonic 20th anniversary remake and uncharted 3 multiplayer demo.

Well rush n attack (i only realised about 2 hours about its a play on Russian attack) was pretty good, much more than just the 2 options of stab and jump like the original. I might look into the full game.

Sonic 20th anniversary I will get this game once the full version is available, its the first sonic but with better graphics and music revamped but exactly the same. Love it.

Uncharted 3 demo, I tried to play this but due to lack of other players i could not. I'll wait a day or 2 for more people to download it. I'm really looking forward to this one. Edited by Morbo

I've been tinkering around with [b]Marvel vs Capcom 3[/b] since yesterday. I can see what they meant by anybody can come out as a winner, whether you're an expert or newbie. Anyway, I've only managed to try out Dante for the most part and I really like the way he plays.

I've been tempted to pick up the new Mortal Kombat but that game look real ugly to me and unfortunately I don't see myself going back to another MK game again, at least not for a while.

I just did a trade-in order (trading in about 8 games plus my psp.... I know I just got the thing recently but I just can't get into portable gaming anymore). Not exactly sure what I'm going to get in return. It might be an arcade stick for the ps3 (lord knows I need one now for MvC3 and SSF4, especially SSF4 for playing as Guy) or I may get a PS2 with a bunch of the Shin Megami Tensei games (Nocturne up to Persona 4).

[font="Palatino Linotype"]I just picked up [b]The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D[/b] on the weekend and I've been playing it a little bit. I'm up to the Fire Temple right now.

In some respects I'm a little bit surprised at how much I'm enjoying the game. I haven't played Ocarina of Time since it came out on Nintendo 64 - I've actually only been playing Majora's Mask on Virtual Console recently.

There's something really cool about playing Ocarina of Time on a handheld. Somehow the game really suits the handheld format. I was playing the game in my lounge room with the lights off last night and I just became completely immersed - wearing earphones and having the game right there in your hands makes a big difference.

It's true that numerous console-like games have been released on DS and PSP in the past. But I think there's another reason why OoT 3D is so different to those examples: the 3D effect.

I know there are people who see this as a gimmick, but honestly, I think it makes a huge difference with this game. It was a great effect in Pilotwings as well, but playing a Zelda game in stereoscopic 3D has really made me a believer. When you play this game with the 3D turned all the way up, you literally feel like you're looking in on a real little world.

In addition to that - and as most people know - the game's graphics have been completely re-drawn. The end result is not really something too different than the original, but more like the [i]ideal[/i] version of the game. The graphics really live up to the original concept art, which is pretty cool. And if you remember the original N64 game very well, then you will notice a ton of changes everywhere - even Hyrule Castle looks better than ever before. And the actual towns - especially the interiors of buildings - look so much better now. They are warm and inviting and full of colour and life.

I also haven't minded the changed controls on 3DS. The touch screen keeps the main screen uncluttered and it's not too difficult to use. In fact, there are a lot of practical changes that make the game feel tighter and more focused, in terms of controls.

The fact that you no longer have to switch in and out of menu screens is also very welcome.

So, for me, this game is really the first major title that makes me glad I bought a 3DS. Pilotwings is really fun, but Zelda is a big adventure game that is a huge time-suck on the 3DS. And it represents a great technical demonstration of the platform as well.

Now I'm really [i]really[/i] hoping they do a similar remake for Majora's Mask. I would [i]love[/i] to see Majora's Mask receive the same treatment, especially with the crazy and vibrant artwork of that game. Here's hoping! [/font]

• 2 weeks later...
[size=1]Got my 360 back. I think the first game I'm gonna end up playing will probably be [b]Mass Effect[/b]. It's been a while since I've played it and have been dying to play it for some time. After that we'll probably jump right into [b]Mass Effect 2[/b] seeing how I still haven't really played that game. I got to that one mission where everything just seemed to ramp up in difficulty and stopped playing for a bit. I have also have [b]Halo 3[/b] which I've already beaten once, but feel the need to play it again. [b]Halo 3: ODST[/b] along with [b]Halo: Reach[/b] are games I have but never got a chance to play them. Or rather, I let my brother borrow my 360 before getting the chance to try them out. He was my guinea pig. [b]Splinter Cell: Conviction[/b] also need to be started along with [b]Bayonetta[/b].

And then I think I'll probably end up buying Bioshock 1 and 2 along with a bunch of other FPS just because I need more games for my Xbox.[/size]

Ok, so I've been playing [b]Halo 3[/b] and [b]Halo: ODST[/b]. I've beaten Halo 3 already and it's still as great as ever. I mainly use Halo as a form of stress relief nowadays, but I get sucked into it's campaign rather easy. A lot of that is due to the music and then I just like Master Chief. One thing I carelessly did and I'm still kicking myself for it is that I got through majority of the areas with the Flood (I got all the way up to the snowy area... My goodness that's pretty to look at.) and didn't save my game. I dread having to have a shootout with the flood because they are tedious creatures and having slugged my way through all that only to not save and do it again... I think I'm done with that game for a while now.

ODST on the otherhand... What the heck is up with this campaign? I'm not even an hour into the game and a batch of enemies I have to fight are a bunch of these aggressive ape thingy's and then Hunters.... O_O!!!!! Not to mention I had very little ammo. What were Bungie thinking with this?

[color="#FF0000"][b]The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion[/b] has managed to take over my life yet again, this time in the form of the 5th Anniversary Edition. The $10 off of Skyrim was just too tempting. And I was apparently the only person in town who pre-ordered it for the PC, which made me feel all special and warm and tingly on the inside :3

....and I'll finish [b]Pokemon Black[/b] someday, I swear >> I just need to get my current team leveled up a bit before I get the sixth badge.[/color]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]I was playing a replay of [b]Super Paper Mario[/b] up until a couple of weeks ago; I should probably get back on that.

I've also been replaying [b]Tales of Symphonia[/b] lately; I had started it up again about a year ago, and let it loll around until last week. Last I played, I had just gotten to Ozette. With all the gripes I have about the game, it's still very fun, even if I want to kick half of the freakishly stupid antagonists faces in 90 percent of the time.

And due to much [s]harassing[/s] persuading from a certain somebody, I picked up [b]Radiant Historia[/b] the other day. Seems alright so far, but I've not really played enough of it yet to gauge a solid opinion. I'll probably play it more once the weekend rolls by.[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

I'm playing two fighting games at the moment. Btw, anyone ever felt the awkwardness of switching b/t 2 fighters? My buddy had it the worst when he switched from [b]Tekken 6[/b] to [b]Super Street Fighter IV[/b].

1: [b]Mortal Kombat (MK9)[/b]: I got the season pass for the 360 DLC and I'm digging the new characters so far. I'm very excited for Rain next week b/c his combos are looking sick. He also has a special attack that literally kicks your opponent to the opposite side of the screen. The closest I've seen was Smoke's smoke-bomb thing, but that's about it.

2: [b]Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition[/b]: I have a love/hate relationship w/ this game. I started off w/ C. Viper when it first came out, but I was told that starting off w/ her, as a complete SF beginner, requires learning the game in a completely different and unorthodox way. Unsurprisingly, I probably had the worst luck playing online b/c my losing streaks were endless. From the SRK forums, I was told to play as Ryu to learn the basics. So far, it is paying off. Playing w/ the more basic shoto character is a rewarding learning experience.

Anyone else play any fighters? I'm thinking about purchasing [b]BlazBlue 2: Continuum Shift[/b] since I have the matching tournament edition stick and my friends think that I have a decent Rachel Alucard. Add me on XBL @ [b]Asher SK[/b]. :)

Also, I'm a little addicted to [b]The Sims 3[/b]. I got all the expansion packs, but I feel like I'm getting really bored of this game. I think it's about time to create a new Sim. Edited by Asher

[quote name='Asher' timestamp='1310678070' post='708386']1: [b]Mortal Kombat (MK9)[/b]: I got the season pass for the 360 DLC and I'm digging the new characters so far. I'm very excited for Rain next week b/c his combos are looking sick. He also has a special attack that literally kicks your opponent to the opposite side of the screen. The closest I've seen was Smoke's smoke-bomb thing, but that's about it.

2: [b]Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition[/b]: I have a love/hate relationship w/ this game. I started off w/ C. Viper when it first came out, but I was told that starting off w/ her, as a complete SF beginner, requires learning the game in a completely different and unorthodox way. Unsurprisingly, I probably had the worst luck playing online b/c my losing streaks were endless. From the SRK forums, I was told to play as Ryu to learn the basics. So far, it is paying off. Playing w/ the more basic shoto character is a rewarding learning experience.

Anyone else play any fighters? I'm thinking about purchasing [b]BlazBlue 2: Continuum Shift[/b] since I have the matching tournament edition stick and my friends think that I have a decent Rachel Alucard. Add me on XBL @ [b]Asher SK[/b]. :)
[/quote]
I'm also playing Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition, but I have it for the PS3 (sorry). I'm not nearly as good as I'd like to be. As a matter of fact I'd say I practically suck since all the talk about plinking, and FADC is relatively new to me. I've been watching tons of videos though and I'd really like to start playing online so I can start getting some decent opportunities to develop a better Guy and Fei Long and perhaps Juri and Ibuki. I've always been fairly decent with the shoto fighters though, even though Ken gives me tons of issues when I play as him for some reason. I think it's that one kick where he hesitates a lot almost like he's canceling into something else.

I can't find myself getting MK9. For me the game just looks a little too sloppy for me.

BlazBlue on the otherhand is another game I've been thinking about buying as of late since I'm a fan of the Guilty Gear games.

I started playing Halo: Reach yesterday and this is definately my preferred method. Some folks capable of handling themselves in battle and I can go in guns blazing and just have some fun in doing it. ODST looks more like I have to creep around and ride solo for some time. I wouldn't mind going solo if I were Master Chief since he's a super soldier.

In any case, here in Reach, the Elites are crazy, but not too hard. They're speed is nothing to fool around with. I have assassinated a couple now and I felt good... "coughs" (A lot of pinned-up anger). I just got to the war (I guess?). Almost like every single soldier on earth was riding a warhog or something. I'm enjoying this game greatly, but I'm not sure if I enjoy it more than Halo 3 yet.

[quote name='Magus' timestamp='1310683969' post='708387']
I'm also playing Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition, but I have it for the PS3 (sorry). I'm not nearly as good as I'd like to be. As a matter of fact I'd say I practically suck since all the talk about plinking, and FADC is relatively new to me. I've been watching tons of videos though and I'd really like to start playing online so I can start getting some decent opportunities to develop a better Guy and Fei Long and perhaps Juri and Ibuki. I've always been fairly decent with the shoto fighters though, even though Ken gives me tons of issues when I play as him for some reason. I think it's that one kick where he hesitates a lot almost like he's canceling into something else.

I can't find myself getting MK9. For me the game just looks a little too sloppy for me.

BlazBlue on the otherhand is another game I've been thinking about buying as of late since I'm a fan of the Guilty Gear games.[/quote]
Do you play w/ a stick? Plinking, piano-ing, and option selects, oh my! I finally got a chance to understand some of the terminology by watching [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/VesperArcade]VesperArcade's[/url] SSFIV tutorials. Just a warning: He has a lot of tutorial videos, but he explains the terminology quite well. He even shows you how to do it. Ooh, Ibuki! I have a hard time playing against her online. I always succumb to her vortexes and slides. You gotta have a really solid wake-up game to play against her. From other Ibuki players, she's really exciting to play as.

MK9 does feel a lot slower than most fighting games. I do admit that it was very awkward playing this game after practicing SSFIV: AE for a day or two, but I still think it's really fun. I think the main focus of MK9 is the combos, so I can see how that can turn this game off to many people. If a good player combos you, you're bound to lose pretty much 30-45% of your health right away (even more if he/she combos into X-Ray!). So I think combos and doing breakers are the more important factors of a match. My main is Mileena and I know a handful of combos by memory already.

And if you're a fan of GG, then do get BlazBlue! I'm probably gonna order it off Amazon once I find a really good price. Edited by Asher

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"][b]BlazBlue[/b]'s a great series. I don't know squat when it comes to the technical aspects of things, but the story is very good and the characters are fun. Definitely worth a shot, especially since the first game [Calamity Trigger] can be found for very cheap these days.[/font][/color]

I want to get SFIV:AE for PC, but then I first need a couple of controllers to make it worthwhile. You cannot Ultra combo with a keyboard, poopsickles.

Also, playing Mass Effect 2 now. Just beat Portal 2 and ME1 a couple o' weeks ago. Good fun. Next year Mass Effect 3 goodzles. Also, I just found Ceasar 3 again, and bought the id pack from Steam, which has been consuming many moments of my free time as well.

[quote name='Asher' timestamp='1310684922' post='708388']
Do you play w/ a stick? Plinking, piano-ing, and option selects, oh my! I finally got a chance to understand some of the terminology by watching [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/VesperArcade]VesperArcade's[/url] SSFIV tutorials. Just a warning: He has a lot of tutorial videos, but he explains the terminology quite well. He even shows you how to do it. Ooh, Ibuki! I have a hard time playing against her online. I always succumb to her vortexes and slides. You gotta have a really solid wake-up game to play against her. From other Ibuki players, she's really exciting to play as.

And if you're a fan of GG, then do get BlazBlue! I'm probably gonna order it off Amazon once I find a really good price.
[/quote]
Right now, no, only because everywhere I'm looking they are sold out. I definately want to learn how to play with the arcade stick since I originally had this for the Xbox 360 and was becoming decent in it. I will say that I am becoming a lot better with the regular ps3 controllers like I once was and my left thumb is taking a beating because of it, but some of these challenges just seem like you MUST have an arcade stick to pull off. How in the world do they expect you to pull off Akuma's 2nd ultra? ^^ 3K... ^^ Are you serious?

I'm pretty certain Amazon has BB for some cheap/decent prices.

[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1310691208' post='708390']
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"][b]BlazBlue[/b]'s a great series. I don't know squat when it comes to the technical aspects of things, but the story is very good and the characters are fun. Definitely worth a shot, especially since the first game [Calamity Trigger] can be found for very cheap these days.[/font][/color]
[/quote]
Kinda hard to believe that a fighting game has a great story lol. You ask anybody a fan of the genre they'll tell you they're not there for the story.

[quote name='Magus' timestamp='1310867195' post='708439']Kinda hard to believe that a fighting game has a great story lol. You ask anybody a fan of the genre they'll tell you they're not there for the story.[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Oh I know, hence why I mentioned it. :P Although if you dislike clicking through a lot of dialogue boxes, you probably won't like the series [although they are fully voiced, with English/Japanese options to boot].[/font][/color]

[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1310867893' post='708441']
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Oh I know, hence why I mentioned it. :P Although if you dislike clicking through a lot of dialogue boxes, you probably won't like the series [although they are fully voiced, with English/Japanese options to boot].[/font][/color]
[/quote]
Nah, no issues with clicking through boxes at all. I actually prefer it especially when it comes to some of these RPGs I've been hearing the voicework for lately.

[color="#FF0000"]I got a 360 the other day, and picked up [b]Tales of Vesperia, Blue Dragon, and Mass Effect[/b] with it. I'm wondering why in the world I keep playing Blue Dragon even though it has one of the lamest stories with some of the lamest characters(the main characters are sixteen? The way they act, I'd have thought they were ten) that I've ever seen. Mass Effect...I really want to keep playing it. I really do. Thing is, I'd heard it plays like Dragon Age. This was a lie. The only thing Dragon Age-esque about it is the dialogue. The rest is pure shooter, which I suck at. I'm going to try to keep going with it, though.

Tales of Vesperia is probably the only game out of the three that has yet to disappoint me, minus the fact that I was mercilessly destroyed by the previous boss (some poison wolf thing in a forest) several times before barely managing to beat it and I now have this feeling I need to do some serious grinding.

...and I really am going to finish [b]Pokemon Black[/b] one of these days. Really.[/color]

Just got [b]Bastion[/b] from XBLA. So far, loving almost everything about it. The art direction is unique and very vibrant, but it's a pretty formidable action RPG. I have to work on my blocking and dodging game because I barely survived after some long boss fights. The grizzly-voiced narrator adds a nice touch because he comments on everything The Kid does. You might think it gets annoying, but it helps out w/ my immersion into the game. I'd rather have someone narrating the story instead of me reading boxes upon boxes of text. I like to read, but I'm horrible at staying awake. Also, having to freely switch between two upgrades in the armory is sick. So far after 5+ levels, it's a game that everyone should try.

I also just checked out a trailer from [b]From Dust[/b] and I'm dying to try it out. How the rivers flow and how natural the landscapes look are pretty phenomenal, esp. for an XBLA game. The XBLA summer line-up looks strong and I'm excited to see how the next set of games do as the weeks go on.

Btw, is anyone getting [B]Catherine[/b]? I want to, but I don't feel like spending 50+ when I just want to enjoy the story. I might just rent it and see how it goes. Edited by Asher

[quote name='Asher' timestamp='1311186233' post='708499']
Just got [b]Bastion[/b] from XBLA. So far, loving almost everything about it. The art direction is unique and very vibrant, but it's a pretty formidable action RPG. I have to work on my blocking and dodging game because I barely survived after some long boss fights. The grizzly-voiced narrator adds a nice touch because he comments on everything The Kid does. You might think it gets annoying, but it helps out w/ my immersion into the game. I'd rather have someone narrating the story instead of me reading boxes upon boxes of text. I like to read, but I'm horrible at staying awake. Also, having to freely switch between two upgrades in the armory is sick. So far after 5+ levels, it's a game that everyone should try.[/quote]

[font=palatino linotype]Sounds good. I read a review of this on Joystiq just recently, but it was a little bit nebulous - at the end of it I was a little unsure about whether or not to go ahead with the purchase. I haven't bought anything on XBLA for quite a while, so this one might be worth picking up.[/font]