OtakuBoards

What Are You Playing?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[color="#0000ff"]As excited as I am for Skyrim (I don't have it yet - I want the collector's edition but I don't want to pay $150 so I'll wait for it to drop to $75 like every other $150 collector's edition does), Zelda has been my favorite series for as long as I can remember. So, naturally, I picked up the special edition of [b]Skyward Sword[/b] this weekend and started playing that. I haven't had a whole lot of time so I've only just made it inside the first temple but so far, I'm definitely not disappointed. The beginning was a little slow but that was necessary to introduce you to a lot of the new concepts of the game. Once things get moving though, it jumps right back into that classic Zelda feel and has definitely been fun so far :)[/color]

[color="#0000ff"]I also need to pick up the new Assassin's Creed but I actually still haven't finished Brotherhood - I should really do that once I'm done with Skyward Sword.[/color]

I've been playing [b]Saints Row: The Third[/b] recently. It's a lot of ridiculous fun, even though I am utter crap at vehicles. (I think I had to do the helicopter segment five times before I got it right, and it's not even that hard! I am just awful.) Still in the beginning portion where all the random money- and respect-earning segments are introduced, although the mission where I claimed by penthouse was awesome.

I have been playing a lot of Star Wars, the Old Republic.

I am not sure if I will buy it or not, but I could certainly see myself wasting tons of time on it if I did. I mostly played as imperial agent, but the other charters looked like they were just as expansive. The story seems like it will be the main fun part of this game, unfortunately, there is no way I am making 8 characters to get the full story. This game is also full of lag problems, and the npc movement is so strange that it is funny... well... for a while. Graphics are pretty, especially the cutscenes. If they gave EA and Bioware a movie budget they could easily make a fantastic Star Wars movie... instead of the so-so Clone Wars one.

Anyways the game is basically a WoW with a Star Wars skin, and a little Bioware twist on the story. It all comes down to the price for me, because I am not gonna waist a bunch of money when I know Mass Effect 3 will be a much better game in almost every way.

Today I saved a den of prostitutes (while naked and drugged, I might add), busted up a Mexican wrestler's media smear campaign against my gang, and stole a jet packed with lasers and missiles and wreaked havoc against the fascist SWAT team called in to take me down.

[b]Saints Row: The Third[/b] is the best game.

So much Star Wars... u_u

I started playing [b]Knights of the Old Republic II[/b] after SWtOR Beta ended. Honestly I think Knights is a better game, even as old as it is. The only thing that I like more about SWtOR is the multiplayer aspect. The length of MMORPGs are impressive, but I replayed the Knights games so many times that it really doesn't matter much. I am looking forward to getting [spoiler]The Disciple[/spoiler], since I have never had him before. I like how you get a different character based on your gender, but I liked [spoiler]Handmaiden[/spoiler] so much it was hard to go girl.

I have also started up a new [b]Rebellion[/b] game. I am determined to blow up every planet in the universe, no matter how long it takes. First I need to crush the rebellion though...
I really like feeling happy when my soldiers complete their tasks, and pissed off when they fail. Something about shouting "Darn you Ozzel, you incompetent fool!" just makes my day. There are only three real problems I have with this game. 1, diplomacy takes too long and is too important. 2, The space battles are really dull (unless you have a Deathstar... then they are really short) 3, It is impossible to keep track of how much time you spend playing this game.

• 2 weeks later...
Finished both endings of [b]Saints Row: The Third[/b]. An utterly ridiculous game, but so much fun. I'm really impressed by how the game continually tops itself until the end -- it doesn't let silly things like "logic" get in the way, so if the game decides [spoiler]there is going to be a zombie invasion out of nowhere[/spoiler], then damn it, that's what will happen! I think my favorite mission is the fight against Killbane at Muderbrawl. I was a huge pro wrestling fan back in the day, and the whole mission had me grinning so hard the whole way through. My favorite part is easily the "Macho Man" Randy Savage flying elbow -- that [i]had[/i] to be put in the game as a tribute to him. In second is the brief part where you murder hordes of luchadores with a chainsaw to "You're the Best". Just amazing. In fact, [b]Saints Row: The Third[/b] has excellent use of music all around.

[quote name='Shinmaru' timestamp='1322545863' post='710398']
Today I saved a den of prostitutes (while naked and drugged, I might add), busted up a Mexican wrestler's media smear campaign against my gang, and stole a jet packed with lasers and missiles and wreaked havoc against the fascist SWAT team called in to take me down.

[b]Saints Row: The Third[/b] is the best game.
[/quote]

[color="#4B0082"][font="Arial"]The voting system for comments needs to be fixed just so I can give this the thumbs up. lolol

Anyway, I haven't been playing much lately but I have been sneaking in time for Tales of Vesperia since I never got around to beating it.[/font][/color]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Still playing a metric buttload of [b]Persona 4[/b] and not much else in my rush to beat it before Christmas. I'm almost starting to regret this decision, as there's a couple of social links I'm going to inevitably miss out on. :/

Right now I'm fumbling around in [spoiler]Magatsu Mandala[/spoiler] which just seems to get more and more creepier as I go down it. I blame the freaky red tint that brightens with each floor.

Though now my attention's being a bit diverted with [b]Secret of Mana[/b], gifted to me on the VC by our own Beth. Not gotten very far in it at all, but I will say the battle system's gonna take some getting used to...the graphics are extremely pretty, though.[/font][/color]

[font=palatino linotype]Well, I just swapped [i]Battlefield 3[/i] for my brother's copy of [i]Uncharted 3[/i].

I was mostly interested in [i]Battlefield 3[/i] for the campaign aspect. Multiplayer is great, but I don't play it that often. And my brother was looking at returning [i]Uncharted 3[/i] because he really didn't enjoy it.

So I haven't yet played it (I'm trying to finish [i]Uncharted 2[/i] first!), but I'm hoping it's as good as the reviews suggest.[/font]

[quote name='James' timestamp='1323990198' post='710604']
[font=palatino linotype]Well, I just swapped [i]Battlefield 3[/i] for my brother's copy of [i]Uncharted 3[/i].

I was mostly interested in [i]Battlefield 3[/i] for the campaign aspect. Multiplayer is great, but I don't play it that often. And my brother was looking at returning [i]Uncharted 3[/i] because he really didn't enjoy it.

So I haven't yet played it (I'm trying to finish [i]Uncharted 2[/i] first!), but I'm hoping it's as good as the reviews suggest.[/font]
[/quote]

I'm trying to finish the 1st Uncharted so I can finally start 2.

Anyway, my time has been spent re-playing Halo 3. Not far into it, but if there was any stress built up it's gone now. I ended up buying Halo Anniversary along with Deus Ex: Human Revolution. After I get Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and possibly King of Fighters XIII I'm definately going on a gaming diet, at least until get through half my backlog of games. If I continue to buy more games I won't get to finish anything lol. Not to mention a lot of my gaming time is spent on Street Fighters, so yeah.

[quote name='Mark' timestamp='1324027572' post='710614']
Anyway, my time has been spent re-playing Halo 3.
[/quote]
The campaign isn't so bad in that game... but I can't stand those Flood missions... I am so glad they were left out of Halo Reach.

I have been playing a ton of [b]Fallout New Vegas, [/b]and so far I am really pleased with it. The missions are not fantastic, but they are interesting enough to make me want to see them through to the end. I really like the combat system and weapons in this game. My character primarily uses guns, so I am constantly switching between machine guns and rifle/revolvers. There is not much to it, but it is more than a lot of games. The leveling up system is soooooooo much easier than Oblivion, but it seems like the skills are the biggest deal. I really like the perks in this RPG. They are actually pretty creative. The stat increases follow pretty unique patterns, and I like how you can only get certain ones from having a certain traits. My favorite so far is Nerd Rage... where if you get pushed down to 20% of your life you gain the maximum strength possible, and a giant bonus to defense... but you can only get that trait if your character has high intelligence and science skills. The fallout world itself really doesn't seem to fit well. The post apocalyptic setting is cool, but it doesn't really make sense in Vegas, where there still seem to be too many fully functioning things. I really like the factions in this game, especially the Followers of the Apocalypse.

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1324034183' post='710617']
The campaign isn't so bad in that game... but I can't stand those Flood missions... I am so glad they were left out of Halo Reach.
[/quote]
I enjoy the campaign in all Halo games except ODST. Speaking of flood missions, I just got to that point. >_>

Can't wait to get back to start playing Reach again though. That one probably was the best campaign I've played among the series.

[quote name='Mark' timestamp='1324150791' post='710631']
I enjoy the campaign in all Halo games except ODST. Speaking of flood missions, I just got to that point. >_>

Can't wait to get back to start playing Reach again though. That one probably was the best campaign I've played among the series.
[/quote]
I would agree with you, but the original Halo has a soft spot in my heart. I can't justify buying anniversary edition, but my roommate has it. :]

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1324034183' post='710617']

[/quote]

[font=palatino linotype]Oh yes. That brings back (horrible) memories. I absolutely loved [i]Halo 3[/i], but those Flood missions were really un-fun. I didn't enjoy them at all, even though they had some creative touches.

I managed to get a couple of hours in with [i]Uncharted 3[/i] over the weekend, too. I hadn't yet finished the second game, so I had to finish that first. I quite liked it, but I started to get a little bored of the constantly-repeated environments.

I'm finding that [i]Uncharted 3[/i] definitely avoids this problem. Not only is there huge variety, but the environments themselves just look so incredible. This is easily the best looking game I've ever seen on a console, and I think it's probably the best game I've seen [i]at all[/i] - including stuff on PC. It's just so expressive and lifelike, but not necessarily in a raw photorealistic way.

There's still a fair degree of repetition in the gameplay, but the character movement is so lifelike and there are so many incidental actions incorporated into the gameplay that everything just feels...[i]alive[/i]. I've been thoroughly impressed at every step of the way, and I'm not very far in!

Even things like voice acting and character animation are utterly brilliant. This game really proves that Naughty Dog is one of the top-tier developers in the world at this point.

Has anyone else played [i]Uncharted 3[/i] yet?[/font]

For my Xbox 360, I am currently playing FABLE III, Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires, Bayonetta, Army Of Two, Kane & Lynch 2: DOG DAYS, Resonance of Fate, FINAL FANTASY XIII (at the final boss), and NieR.

For my PSP, it's The 3rd Birthday (second Playthrough on Hard mode), and going through my second run in Dissidia Duodecim [012], and playing Tales of Versus that a friend let me borrow.

PS2 (yes. I still have it. I don't know anyone else who still does, tbh). My second run in FINAL FANTASY X, The SIMS, and Rouge Galaxy.

[quote name='Shiro' timestamp='1324479811' post='710690']PS2 (yes. I still have it. I don't know anyone else who still does, tbh). My second run in FINAL FANTASY X, The SIMS, and Rouge Galaxy.
[/quote]
[color="#0000ff"]I do! Sitting happily next to my (future, if read before Christmas) PS3![/color]

[color="#0000ff"]As for what I'm playing, not much has changed since I last posted here except that I haven't had nearly as much time as I'd like to play lately. I progressed a fair bit in Skyward Sword ([spoiler]just finished the first silent realm trial[/spoiler]) but I still have quite a bit left to do there and I haven't had a chance to play since a couple of weeks ago.[/color]

[color="#0000ff"]On the way home from work, I've been playing Ocarina of Time 3D and it has been a blast replaying that game. The fact that it keeps me occupied on the train ride home is just a bonus ^_^[/color]

[color="#0000ff"]Finally, while I haven't played it yet, my friend did just give me a copy of Dead Island on Steam so I'll likely be trying that out in the near future.[/color]

[color="#0000ff"]Upcoming, post Skyward Sword and Christmas titles include Halo Anniversary, Skyrim, and whatever I happen to have available for the PS3. I really should finish up some of the games I started on the 360 as well though (like Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Bayonetta).[/color]

[quote name='Shiro' timestamp='1324479811' post='710690']PS2 (yes. I still have it. I don't know anyone else who still does, tbh). My second run in FINAL FANTASY X, The SIMS, and Rouge Galaxy.[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Seconded Petie, I still use mine all the time. Been playing tons of Persona 4 on it, in fact. Need to beat it before Christmas.[/font][/color]

Just started [b]Bastion[/b], which I downloaded off Xbox Live a while back. It's a pretty cool action-RPG. The battle mechanics are solid; the graphics are bright, colorful and distinctive; and each detail revealed has made me super curious about the world. There's also one aspect of the game that has received a lot of attention: The narrator. Basically you have another character in the game who narrates your actions as you do stuff around the world. If you're kicking ass with your hammer, he'll mention something about that; other times, if you're approaching danger, he'll warn that some serious **** is going down. It's a neat storytelling device that has made me really get into the game. Helps that the narrator is voiced by the same dude who voices Drebin in [b]Metal Gear Solid 4[/b] (always thought he had a cool voice).

Definitely give this a look if you have a 360 and like RPGs. It's quite fun.

I have no idea why I am doing this, but lately I have been playing [b]Halo 3: ODST[/b]. Well, since it just has the Halo 3 multiplayer, there isn't any point in going into that aspect, so I will just stick with story mode. I assume their is plot to this, but other than Nathan Fillion being a part of it... I haven't been interested at all. There are a ton of flashbacks and stuff, but it all feels pretty thrown together. the gameplay isn't bad. You are weak compared to Master Chief, so you pretty much play like you would on legendary, sit back and let your shields charge up (in this case stamina) after every kill. The new weapons (silenced pistol and SMG) are cool, and handle pretty differently compared to previous games. Unfotunitly I always run out of Ammo and am forced to pick up covy stuff. the carbine is weak for no reason, and the bruit plasma rifle doesn't pack the punch it once had. The plasma pistol is good for quick shield drops, but the normal fire is pitiful. The shotgun is slow, and a pain to reload. It also takes two shots at point blank range to kill a bruit.. and he can usually beat you to a pulp before that. The snipers both work incredibly well. Needlers are very useful too, but ammo is always a problem. I love that they give you three of every grenade, and the vehicles are okay... and they don't take sustained damage, which makes story mode much easier. The stealth aspect just isn't there, and the AI is stupid. Overall, this is the worst game in the series, but even bad pizza tastes alright.

[quote name='Shiro' timestamp='1324479811' post='710690']
For my Xbox 360, I am currently playing FABLE III, Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires, Bayonetta, Army Of Two, Kane & Lynch 2: DOG DAYS, Resonance of Fate, FINAL FANTASY XIII (at the final boss), and NieR.

For my PSP, it's The 3rd Birthday (second Playthrough on Hard mode), and going through my second run in Dissidia Duodecim [012], and playing Tales of Versus that a friend let me borrow.

PS2 (yes. I still have it. I don't know anyone else who still does, tbh). My second run in FINAL FANTASY X, The SIMS, and Rouge Galaxy.
[/quote]
[color="#008080"][size="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]
omfg new favorite person. I LOVE [b]The 3rd Birthday[/b]. I also really wanna play [b]Resonance of Fate[/b] and [b]FFXIII[/b]. AND OMFFFGGGGG [b]ROUGE GALAXY[/b] I LOVE THAT GAME SO MUCH. And I totally still have my PS2. Will keep it with me as long as possible. I actually still have my N64 and will keep it as long as it works as well.

I have been playing [b]Portal 1[/b]. And as soon as I get a new computer, I will be playing [b]Left 4 Dead 2[/b], [b]Mass Effect[/b] 1 and 2, and maybe a few other games. And maybe [b]Amnesia[/b]...[/font][/size][/color]

So I just finished my 3rd playthrough of [b]Halo 3[/b] and as epic as I find driving off the ring (?) I find it to be very annoying as well. To have everyone shooting blue and yellow stuff at you, not to mention trying to avoid driving into a huge hole only to fall to your death. While I wasn't driving into holes, it was more like being forced off the edge or continuously being rolled over and having to flip the hog. That's where I was getting annoyed at, but other than that I really enjoy this series. I still have ODST but I don't like it one bit, but I'm thinking about trying it out once more... We'll see. In the mean time though, I think I might fire up Halo Anniversary. That or continue playing Assassin's Creed 2 or start my 4th run of Devil May Cry 4.

[quote name='Mark' timestamp='1324777822' post='710745']
So I just finished my 3rd playthrough of [b]Halo 3[/b] and as epic as I find driving off the ring (?) I find it to be very annoying as well.

I still have ODST but I don't like it one bit, but I'm thinking about trying it out once more...
[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing.... -epic
Halo seems to like the running away from explosions endings, but for a game that is usually much easier when you take your time, the sudden rushed feeling makes me more frustrated than exhilarated. That level in particular has so much moving scenery that you are basically supposed to die repeatedly until you remember what pathway doesn't blow up.

ODST was actually pretty easy for the last few missions. I only played the Heroic difficulty, but the bruits that I tried to avoid at start were easily dispatched in packs by the end. the key is using the right weapons (all covey weapons work well... SMGs, Pistols and Shotguns suck.) Though I wasn't annoyed with the game, the story is just lame. The battles are lame as well... so if you are fine with a lack luster experience, ODST will be okay for you.

I am playing [b]Skyward Sword[/b] and so far, I couldn't be happier.

[color="#FF00FF"][font="Book Antiqua"][size="2"]I started playing [b]Fable: The Lost Chapters[/b]. So far I like it. The most fun I have had so far is kicking the chickens over and over and leading the wife to her cheating husband.

I've also been playing [b]Harvest Moon: Tales of Two Towns[/b] for the DS. Not as fun as some of the other Harvest Moons, but who knows. It might get better. Besides, I've only played up to like 15 days so far.[/size][/font][/color]