OtakuBoards

What Are You Playing?

.:[ Revy ]:.

Don't know how to delete my previous post.

[b]Ultra Street Fighter 4[/b]

Went into training mode as Ken, Evil Ryu and Ryu. Yeah, decided to drop Ken, and am not even gonna bother trying to play Evil Ryu (way too many people jumping on that bandwagon). Ryu on the other hand, I actually have a bit more fun with in training mode, perhaps, not as much fun as I have when I use Dudley, but still have quite a bit of fun in general, probably because his combos are a little on the easier side. Still thinking on adding Poison to the mix as well.

[b]Mass Effect 1 (360)[/b]

Finally finished this game. I may attempt to finish up on the PS3 just because I have the DLC to ME2 on the PS3. As for my thoughts, I don't think much of it has changed from when I first beat the game. Still a great game, although, I still wish I beat it as a soldier. Had terrible armor when fighting Saren (in terms of aesthetics appeal).

[spoiler]Kaiden survived

Infiltrator

Lvl 40

Council survived

Captain Anderson recommended on the Council[/spoiler]

[b]Mass Effect 2 (360)[/b]

Jumped right into this masterpiece. Felt a bit awkward at first. The controls felt tighter so it took a little bit to get used to, but other than that, gonna enjoy this one. For those who have played this on the PS3, how are the controls? Is it anywhere near as glitchy as ME1 on the PS3?

Collosis armor always looks cool, and if you read my post about ME1 you would definitly have it from beating the Bringing Down The Sky DLC (which does slightly effect ME3) 

Also, other than assault rifles and immunity Soldier class is boring, and in ME2 its just easymode. Never run out of ammo and become a timelord... seems fair. -.-

Sentinal is definitly the most fun and diverse class.

Also I wish the council appointment meant something. In ME2 you can change your mind and the lines said are almost the same, and in ME3 it has zero impact... though when you think about it... your decisions involving Wrex are the only onescwith a big impact (which I doubt many players actually tried)

Anyways I am currently trying to breed a shiny Espurr in pokemon. I don't know why... but when I am done I might play Fire Emblem Awakening again.

Mind you, I've been playing ME1 on both the 360 and PS3 (don't have DLC on 360). Fully aware of all that you've mentioned. I'm not new to the game, it's just been a long time since I've played. These explanations aren't needed (don't mean to sound as if I'm coming off as rude).

As for the class, "shrugs" I like the soldier class. I like heavy armor. I like being well rounded with guns.

Edited by Magus

I was mostly just stating my opinions as if they were facts. I actually don't totally agree with all that I said anyway since in ME3 the only fun part about sentinals is the tech armor + another armor feat tank mode. Infiltrator is probably the most fun I had taking all three games into account. (tac cloak in ME3 was easily the most fun power)

[SPOILER] also did you actually kill Wrex? (or choose to not recruit him)

I thought Wreav was an interesting character since he was smart, but bloodthirsty and powerhungry. If Wrex is alive, genophage seems cruel and unneeded, but Wreav looks like he is on the warpath. Basicly the decision actually has the fitting catch 22 vibe that doesn't exist with Wrex at the helm. [/spoiler]

Game's I've been playing or should have finished by now XD:

Transistor (amazing story, art, music, fun and unique gameplay :D).

Sam & Max season 2 episode 3: Night of the Raving Dead (this series is ridiculous, it's amazing!! XD. But I haven't played since winter break XD).

Hatoful Boyfriend (why the sad endings! WHY?!!!)

and of course League of Legends XD;

[SPOILER] also did you actually kill Wrex? (or choose to not recruit him)

I thought Wreav was an interesting character since he was smart, but bloodthirsty and powerhungry. If Wrex is alive, genophage seems cruel and unneeded, but Wreav looks like he is on the warpath. Basicly the decision actually has the fitting catch 22 vibe that doesn't exist with Wrex at the helm. [/spoiler]

[spoiler]He's still alive on my 360 playthrough, but on the ps3, I believe I killed him.[/spoiler]

[b]Mass Effect 2[/b]

Just finished recruiting both Garrus and Mordin. Man, this series have some awesome alien characters. I think out of all of them Garrus might be my favorite. It's hard for me to not let him get away with whatever (I know he and Miranda are my favorites in this one).

[b]USF4[/b]

Training mode as usual. Even though I said no Evil Ryu (everyone and their mama are choosing him, but I chose had been playing him before he was too good, which was the previous version) I decided to pick him up as well. The damage he can dish out is too good to pass up, and I just love damage (The impact of every hit he and Dudley does is felt as well. Other characters hit very hard too, but they are the ones that stick out to me the most since imo, they hit you so hard you feel it in your soul :))

Mordin and Garrus are fantastic characters. These are the types of characters who really give you some emotional investment in Mass Effect, I think. :P

I've finished Dragon Age; Origins and now I'm just starting Dragon Age 2 (my first DA game was Inquisition). So far, so good. I'm digging the changes they made in DA2 and I can see how they progressed that through to Inquisition.

[b]USF4[/b]

Nothing really changed much. Training mode as Dudley, practicing the same combo over and over. I did try a little fireball exercise though. It's a struggle, especially if your execution sucks like mine.

[b]Mass Effect 2[/b]

Just got Tali. Last time I did this mission I remember it feeling a lot longer than it really is. I remember the Colossus being a lot harder, but then again I think the last time I took everything step by step whereas this time around I'm getting a lot of headshots with the sniper rifle (I stopped playing once I had everyone and started doing the loyalty missions. Miranda was the last mission I had to do)

Might start up either Assassin's Creed 2 or Batman Arkham City/Origins next weekend (depending on how I'm feeling), but then again I may have either a PS4 or XB1 by next weekend. Kinda anxious to get my hands on Shadow of Mordor.

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished Mass Effect in its entirety. Just from the gameplay alone I love the series in how it evolved from ME1, and all I did was play as a soldier and infiltrator. Now from a story perspective, I understand why people were so angry with the ending of ME3, and I'd be lying if I said it didn't get to me either.

[spoiler]Guilty conscience aside, I went with the synthesis option, and for some reason I don't like it. While it was a "happy" ending (I suppose) it rubs me the wrong way (Go through all that epic turmoil for that?). Anyway, all 3 choices seemed to lead to dying in the end. No option for you to choose to be with your crew? But I suppose that's too, "been there done that" these days.[/spoiler]

I give it an A overall, but those choices really did kill quite a bit for me (I got a year old nephew roaming around and my reaction to those choices were "What kind of sh!t is this? out loud. Don't know if my brother will get after me about that later =).)

And then of course I'm still playing USF4.

Edited by Magus

But that updated ending tho... Honestly I wasn't suprised that the ending was bad, just disappointed because those lame three options were supposed to be the direct result of the actions you made in all three games... and it wasn't representative of that at all.

I am too afraid to play another boarderlands game. I was too disappointed after two. I would rather just play borderlands until the day I die, searching for a perfect twoshot Jakobs unforgiven with a mashor attachment.

• 4 weeks later...

Right now I'm still playing [b]Dragon Age: Inquisition[/b] here and there. But I'm also playing [b]Bloodborne[/b]. And wow...it's punishing, but it's [I]so[/I] addictive. I love it. It seems to make a masochist out of all who play it. :P

Right now it depends on the day. I still log into Guild Wars 2 every day, but usually just to look around and check on things. I play actively twice, maybe three times a week, depending on what's going on in-game. Even more rarely I might be caught fiddling around in Aion, SWTOR, or even TERA (omg trolling global chat there is so much fun). I looked into Lineage 2 this week and got really interested in their race/class system, but got ten minutes into Newbie Isle and was so fed up with the original OoT-quality graphics giving my computer latency (seriously wtf) and the fact that apparently Newbie Isle critters can easily kill any solo newbie in one battle that I trashed it.

When I'm on the 360, I'm usually watching TV shows on Netflix or anime on Hulu, but if I get in a gaming mood I default to the Assassin's Creed series (all of which has been free to download at some point this past year, up through Black Flag) or Geometry Wars 3 (which is AMAAAAAAZEBALLS and will kick your ass six ways from Sunday).

I do have some other stuff I need to finish up, but I have a very addictive personality and can do the same thing for an incredibly long time without getting bored, and will subsequently feel profoundly guilty at having gamed all my post-work free time away the next day, so ... I dunno. I wanna finish Tomb Raider at some point. And the dozen other games I have on pause, including DA: Origins.

AND I wanna go back and do a full Mass Effect playthrough again, this time as a paragon male soldier instead of the heroic-but-blunt infiltrator Commander Blair Shepard Is Tired Of All Your Bullshit. And then maybe go back and play another femShep but renegade mode instead.

FRUSTRATIONS

You clearly haven't played Gauge.

You should give us your character name. Several of us play GW2 as well.

Edited by Allamorph

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Right now I'm playing:

Guild Wars 2

Is anyone still playing this? I played for a bit when it came out and then gave up; there were some elements that I really didn't like. But they've made a few minor tweaks since launch - I'm enjoying it a lot more now. So I'm finally playing it and my character has just reached level 20.

I'm not sure what my full username is on there (it has numbers at the end for some reason) - but my current character is Ingrid Hammersmith. If you can add characters like that, then feel free to add me via her. :P

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

To prepare for the launch of MGSV!

Splatoon

Holy crap this is a great game! The online gameplay is supoib. ;P

This is the first truly new Nintendo IP since Pikmin, I believe. It's absolutely incredible. Beautiful graphics, great sound, and really innovative mechanics - and again, excellent online gameplay. I love how they rotate the levels and work in the different challenges.

Single-player mode is incredibly awesome as well. Huge slam dunk for Nintendo I'd say.

Bloodborne

I've completed it once, but still playing it. This game is amazing on just about every level. I love it.

Cities Skylines

Still tinkering around with this. I don't play it all the time, but I can easily sink a fair bit of time into one sitting. Really great game, and in many ways, it's what I hoped SimCity would be.

• 3 months later...

Had my ps4 since the release of Batman Arkham Knight, but haven't really played a lot of games on it. Hell, the only games I've actually played were Warrior's Orochi 3 Ultimate, One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 and Ultra Street Fighter 4. I finally started playing other games as to taking a little break from Street Fighter.

Batman: Arkham Knight

Taking a little bit to get used to, and roughly about 10 minutes in I was already hating the batmobile, but even then, while I've always had fun with the series I was one of those oddballs that thought the series was a tad bit overrated considering I was looking for deep combat and whatnot (Devil May Cry 3/4-ish). While I don't think AK is overrated considering all the mixed reviews I've heard about the game I do think it would've been great had it not had the batmobile in it.Traveling through the air never felt better. I'm curious what Rocksteady's next project will be.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

I'm currently playing this through Drake's Collection. It already was a gorgeous looking game on the PS3, and for a collection (and having coming off of other games that were previously on last gen consoles) this is one of the most gorgeous looking collections I've seen. I'm anxious to see how Among Thieves and Drake's Deception will look. Now for the game itself. I remember playing on the ps3 and made it all the way up to riding the jet-ski through raging waters. I'm so not looking forward to doing that again here, but I love this series and will put up with it (I put this series up on a pedestal like I do with Metal Gear Solid, Mass Effect and Halo). Looking forward to Thief's End for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

Still playing Uncharted: Drakes Fortune.

Kinda wishing for some type of Metal Gear collection for the PS4, but I'm thinking about buying another ps3 (I really need to stop giving my stuff away to family due to pity and start charging these people. The struggle is real). Anyway, I've been in quite the Metal Gear mood as of late.

Edit:

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

Finally got past that dreaded water skiing part where you're fighting against the current and Elena has a pistol. My goodness the patience you gotta have when it comes to that part. I made it to the monastery and decided to call it a day. I've yet to use the desert eagle, there is another gun that's been pretty good/fun for me and I can't remember the name of it at the moment, but it's a single hand gun that holds 60 bullets. I've also had quite a blast with the grenade launcher as well as the SVD sniper rifle. Just an overall fun experience. The sudden hate this series is getting is mind-boggling. It's like "oh all the cool kids are doing it so let's join them" kind of thing. Get that ish outta here.

Ultra Street Fighter 4

Went back to playing this game again, but I've been quite hesitant about it though. Been going back and forth between Dudley and Ryu. There were some Halloween costume pack and they put Ryu in a tuxedo and that pretty much sealed who my back up to Dudley would be. Anyway, I've been pretty hesitant mainly because of the online crowd. Just way too childish for me. But it's almost as if it's Capcom fighting fans in general. I've seen the childish antics in other fighting game communities, but not to the degree of the capcom fans. Anywho, I'll probably stick with this or 3rd Strike while everyone else is playing Street Fighter 5 (at least until Dudley, Cody, Guy, Yang or Yun is announced. Only need 1 of them) 

Edited by Magus

• 4 weeks later...

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

I finally beat this game. Will I go back and beat it on a higher difficulty? Hell no. I get enough satisfaction out of beating games on easy/normal difficulty. I don't need that thrill of a challenge. Besides, it's challenging enough dealing with the platforming sections along with riding on jet-ski's. I did manage to unlock some weapons so I'll see how different it'll be playing with more weapons at my disposal. 

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Speaking specifically on gameplay alone, while it is a little better than Drake's Fortune it essentially is the same game, and for me that's cool, but I do understand the criticism there. Story-wise, Drake, while funny, he is a little more annoying in this one, and its more of a specific character trait that I can't stand than having to do with Drake himself. Elena's alright, but I am a fan of Chloe (lol  you can see where I'd go from here). In any case, right now I just got to chapter 24 so I assume I'm right there at the end of the game. The gunfight on the train probably is my favorite sequence. The way all of that was handled, so good.

One thing both of these Uncharted's have that I really can't stand is these damn creature things. I get the premise of them and Naughty Dog did an excellent job of making them vicious (you won't believe how many times I tried going in with my fist), but for me (specifically just for me) I'd leave that stuff out of it. Anyway, this series is so good. Looking forward to Uncharted 3.

Triple post

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Finally started playing this Friday. I think I'm on chapter 10 (when you get to Yemen and meet up with Elena). So what I've noticed in this game that started to bother me was Nate's character. I like how he interacts with all the characters but he's becoming a little annoying (his obsession, but I think I'd get annoyed with history/treasure buff's pretty quickly). Anyway, the gameplay is still good although the platforming areas are really annoying (and this is where and why I stay away from platformers. I don't have the patience). Having a lot of fun with these gunfights.

Ultra Street Fighter 4

More training and attempted to try whiff punishing and boy was that probably the hardest thing I've ever tried, but probably the most fun I've had in a while with this game (trying to play and learn footsies). Playing as Dudley trying to whiff punish Ken's stepkick, boy was that hard. I think I succeed roughly 5-6 times out of 15 attempts. Of course I'm still working on my execution as well, but now I'm attempting to add footsies in my play.