OtakuBoards

What Are You Playing?

.:[ Revy ]:.

I got a 360 last week, so I am mixing between Halo 3 and Gears of War. I JUST beat Bioshock, and I'll never be the same again.

Halo 3 is something of a mixed bag for me. I hated Halo 2, loved Halo 1, so I really didn't know what to think of the third installment. I still say its over hyped - Half-Life is still the best game I have ever played, but Halo 3 is the WoW of FPS. It mixes alot of stuff from alot of games, and implements them nicely. Its neither evolutionary or revolutionary, but it is a good game regardless.

Now Gears of War is an amazing game. I love it, especially the focus on covers. If you don't use covers, you die. This is a really realistic view, and I am hoping more games follow this standard. The AI is really good at times, but at others its just downright dumb. But I bought it solely for the multiplayer aspect, so that's not a concern for me.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry on my previous post...

Again, currently playing Onimusha 3: Demon Siege on the PS2. Brainstern was painfully hard even if I didn't levelled up Samanosuke's Tensou but managed to defeat it even 2 herbs were wasted. Then playing Jaqcues was pretty hard if you're the type of gamer who does the "grab-and-hit" style. His Knockdown Finisher is ultimate win!!

Now, continue playing it on Mt. Hiei solving the puzzle along with Samanosuke from 10 days ago. Will save up some red souls until I get a new elemental weapon from Jacques.

[SIZE=1] I got [B][U] Burnout: Paradise[/B][/U] for my x360 three days ago, and right now, I'm at the 70% completion mark.

it's such a great game, even though I've finished a good majority of it in three nights, it's open world so it's got massive replay value. I'll come back to it just to crash up cars, which deform and crumple beautifully.

the great thing is, I've got it rigged to my surround sound and my HDTV [but the game's being broadcasted in standard def, due to the confusing cable setup] so I get really immersed into the experience with the top notch graphics and sense of sound assulted by my playlist and the screeching of tires and metal.

the next two games I'm planning to buy are [B][U] Call Of Duty IV: Modern Warfare[/B][/U] and [B][U] Mass Effect[/B][/U][/SIZE]

Guest Prince Asslan
[SIZE="2"][FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="DarkRed"]hi everyone ...
I was playing Prince of Persia in PC which is the greatest pc games forever in my opinion,
the story , the music , the characteres ... everything in the game is fascinating..
I've already finished the Sands of time and Warrior within but
I have a problem in The Two Thrones especially fighting in the arena with the
giant bold warrior, every time when I'm jumping to his head and try to stab the blade into his eyes he will grab the Prince and throwing him away...
I can't beat him ...

and by the way .. there are many other great games like Max Payne 2 and Onimusha 3 ...[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

After that pain in the butt genma boss in the Lazuline Hall in Onimusha 3, I went back playing Valkyrie Profile Silmeria.

Currently in Chapter 3, levelling up back and forth in the dungeons in Crell Monferaigne region with the Experience Pig Law (along with the Soul Carver Wrath placed in the dais for a cheap and quick battle) and must level up Leone, Arngrim (when Chapter 3 ends) and Lezard (along with Dylan once the two left and Chapter 4 ends) all the way to 45 for extra awesome goodies. And I haven't purchased the Cat Ring yet in Solde =/ but I had a plan to spend 80,000OTH to make the ring available!

Heh, I'm actually not playing much right now because the husband is immersed in 360 games (finishing up Halo 3, Assassin's Creed)... but in the spare moments I rented Cooking Mama for Wii just to see how much it sucked (it does), and am finishing up Revenant Wings for DS. There haven't been enough good and recent RPGs coming out :/

At the moment, I'm meandering my way through [B]Magia Mystica[/B]. It's a 15+ BL game with some light combat elements (there's a card-based battle every chapter or so). The battle system is actually fairly interesting... I could see it working well if you got to play against friends online or something. Magia Mystica's worth lies more on the story side of things, though, since the battles are rigged to be almost impossible to lose.

At least the screen effects are pretty. It makes for a nice break from reading repetitive fight scenes & incantations, so I'm not complaining. But it would've been nice if they integrated more fights or at least included different difficulty options. The enemies would offer more of a challenge if their attack patterns were semi-random instead of totally fixed.

~Dagger~

Yesterday, I played Onimusha 3 and made up all the way to the Mont-Saint-Michel, cleared Jacques's 2nd Demon Realm and got the Wind Seal, obtained Raisen and Hyosai for Jacques so as Samanosuke's Kuuga and Chigou (I levelled them up to 2 except Hyosai) but I maxed out their Oni Gauntlet . Just a few more stuffs needed to be done and off to Nobunaga!

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]So I finally got my hands on [b]Tales of Symphonia[/b], and I'm about 11-13 hours into it. Like many other games, I don't pay attention to the story, but in this case, it's more like I read the dialogue, and listen to everything, but nothing sinks in.

The battle system is interesting, although, I hate the GCN controller. I really do prefer the ps2 and Xbox controller. They're more comfortable in my hands.

I've also decided to play [b]Final Fantasy 7[/b] again. This'll be my second time playing the game.

And now that I finally have my ps2 again, I can go after Dragon Quest 8, Tales of the Abyss and Kingdom Hearts 2 (again, for a third time.)[/COLOR]

Yesterday, I played Sonic Riders Zero Gravity (and it can toggle the voices between English and Japanese!! I'm so happy!) before going to sleep and I must say it pretty great compared to the first Sonic Riders but the trick system is mainly different. I found this game pretty fun.

Then, Tales of the Abyss, defeated Moss Gigante and got a grade of 96 (didn't spam too much FOF changes except Tear, Jade and Anise), spammed Guy's Kokuu Renshoujin then attacking at the same time. The Dankuuken->Ryuusou Senkuuha method didn't work...T^T

[quote name='darksuzakurera']Yesterday, I played Sonic Riders Zero Gravity (and it can toggle the voices between English and Japanese!! I'm so happy!) before going to sleep and I must say it pretty great compared to the first Sonic Riders but the trick system is mainly different. I found this game pretty fun.[/QUOTE]

A Post-Shadow Sonic game where I'm not forced to stomach Jason Griffith and his complete lack of voice talent? Sounds worth a look just for that!

[SIZE=1] right now, I'm on a [B][U] Paradise[/B][/U] hiatus and I'm currently playing [B][U] Rock Band[/B][/U] and so far, I'm really liking it. The cool thing is they have alot of songs I've [B][U][I] actually[/B][/U][/I] heard of before, and the drums is a new concept for me to get a hold of. The only thing I'm scared of is, what happens if my drumkit falls apart? Another one of my gripes with the game is the confusing controller setup [i.e. playing solo campaign, then wants to play mutiplayer campaign, but has to go back to dashboard to plug in other controllers] all negativities aside, I think it's a great game.[/SIZE]

Haha, my first ever post! So, I hope I'm doing this right. o_O

Well, I'm constantly playing Halo 3 on Xbox Live 360; tons of fun there. In my original Xbox I usually play Jet Set Radio Future most of the time along with Jade Empire, Halo 2, and Metal Gear Solid 2:Substance. Sadly, I need more Xbox 360 games 'cause all I have is Halo 3. -_-

2 days ago, I played Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner Kuzunoha Raidou vs The Soulless Army and I must say, that game kept me company for hours. I cleared one episode so far and the second might get rough since I had to walk back and forth on clues. Earning Loyalty isn't easy as pie, confining Devils are necessary to rank up Raidou's Loyalty and a new title.

I'll just list the games I actually bother to play.

[b][u]DS[/b][/u]
[i]Pokemon Diamond[/i]
This is the one I play the most often, although Animal Crossing comes close. Yes, this is the one where I have 300 or so hours of playtime and only five badges (meaning I'm about less than halfway through the game). But I take pride in raising all 48 (wait, 49--I just added a Cranidos) of my cute little Pokemon (well, mostly--you can't call Torterra cute, and Floatzel looks rather scary from the back)...
[i]Pokemon Pearl[/i]
Oh boy--I suppose I really am crazy--I got both Diamond AND Pearl. At least in this one I have fewer Pokemon, so I'm a little further along in the game here and have shorter play time. That Team Galactic... Well, at least they are more of a true "evil organisation" than Team Rocket was originally, but they're still rather annoying... (Wait, or are they supposed to be?!?)
[i]Animal Crossing: Wild World[/i]
Okay, it seems boring--you create a town and chat with the many animals inhabiting it, you catch fish and bugs and decorate your house... Wait, no it's not! I've been playing this game for about a year and haven't even tried it on Wi-fi yet, and it really is a blast. It's hard not to get attached to some of the townsfolk (*sniff* Tangy, Kiki, Friga... *sniff*), and... Okay, I can't describe it too well.

[b][u]Game Cube[/b][/u]
[i]Mario Kart: Double Dash[/i]
A huge improvement on the original Mario Kart from the N64 IMO. Wait, there was one anti-improvement: there's no Toad here! Darn--in the N64 version, I always enjoyed playing as Toad! Grr... Well, at least they kept Peach and added Birdo. And not to mention that two riders per kart are better than one.
[i]Kirby Air Ride[/i]
Best racing game IMO, though closely tied with Mario Kart. Every single Kirby game I've played that wasn't on a handheld console has been wonderful, and this is no exception. Not to mention you can race as Dedede or Meta Knight as well as Kirby. W00t!
^^And, some of the music in the game is the same as in Kirby Superstar! Talk about a blast from the past...
[i]Pokemon Colosseum[/i]
3D graphics, a better storyline than the handheld games have, and no wild Pokemon. Plus, in other games you're not allowed to capture other trainers' Pokemon, but in this game the only way you can get Pokemon is to snag them from other trainers. Kind of like playing the bad guy, if you ask me! Not to mention certain members of Team Snag'em are very interesting (*nods to Venus and Miror B*)

*Although about 50% of the time I use the Game Boy Player on this console. :rolleyes:

[b][u]GBA[/b][/u]
[i]Pokemon Sapphire[/i]
This was the first Pokemon game I bought for the GBA, but then it was stolen from me at some point... Then I got Ruby, and it was stolen just before I beat the game. Now I got Sapphire again, and am at the same point where I was in Ruby, and... arrrrgh, it's useless.
[i]Pokemon Leaf Green[/i]
They didn't do a bad job with this remake at all. It really is a remake of Pokemon Red/Blue, only with better graphics, the addition of the Sevii Islands, and all the new attacks they had since Ruby/Sapphire added in there... XD I just beat the Elite Four there and am now having fun capturing Johto Pokemon in various places.
[i]Pokemon Pinball Ruby/Sapphire[/i]
Pokemon Pinball really is a fun game, even for non-Pokemon fans from what I've heard. And this version is better and slightly easier than the original Game Boy version IMO. (The Red field in the original was so frustrating...) Whenever I play it, I quickly become bored with any other pinball game I encounter elsewhere.
Plus some Yu-gi-oh game I forgot the name of (because I haven't played it in over a year, but still like it) :confuse2:

[b][u]N64[/b][/u]
[i]Pokemon Snap[/i]
What?!? This is a pretty fun game if you think about it, or perhaps if you're an artist like me. Photography has always been very interesting to me... By the way, this is the only game I've heard of that focuses on taking pictures... Very original indeed. And if you'e a Pokemon hater... well, it's fun to throw pester balls at the pesky little Pikachu all day.

*The original Mario Kart would be on this list if it weren't for a certain Game Cube game...

[b][u]Game Boy[/b][/u]
[i]Game Boy Camera[/i]
Wait--is it a video game, or just an accessory...? Ah well, haven't used it in a long time anyways. But it really does seem to me like a portable version of the print machines that were (or maybe still are) popular in Japan, and it really is fun to toy around with this thing. Not to mention there are other mini-games and such...
[i]Pokemon Crystal[/i]
Yes, I still go back to it occasionally. Out of all the Pokemon games, I think this one is the best as far as region design and game music and plot design goes--although it is a bummer that you can't catch Ho-oh until you catch all three of the legendary dogs. But I love a lot of features from the second generation of Pokemon, like as in Crystal, the radio, the bug-catching contest, the addition of Kanto into the picture... and the phone call feature has never improved in later games.

[b][u]Super Nintendo[/b][/u]
[i]Kirby Superstar[/i]
Best video game overall IMO, or at least out of the ones I own. This is Kirby at its best. Eight different games in one, each with its own little quirk or plot twist, all of which are excellent IMO. And both the music and the graphics are wonderful. The Kirby creators always do an excellent job with character design and game music IMO.
[i]Smart Ball[/i]
Okay, so this evil sorceress has transformed this boy into a ball that hs to get through all these levels filled with strange creatures... Weird idea, but I really love this game nevertheless. Not to mention that this game has the best game music I've heard yet, and some of the "bosses" of each of the levels are very interesting indeed.
[i]Zelda: A Link to the Past[/i]
Ahh, this is a classic, and a good one at that. I have a Zelda game of some sort for the Game Cube sitting in my closet unplayed, but I think this one would be better than it anyways. It's so hard to explain, but the world design, the weapon design, the, erm... should I rant further?
[i]Super Mario World[/i]
Another one of those good classics, this game got me interested in the whole Mario deal. Out of all the Mario adventure games, I think this one is definitely the best. Not to mention that there are five different Yoshis available in this one. :blulaugh:

*Those four games are so good that I keep going back to them, even if they are outdated. :luv:

Haha, I guess I am a Nintendo freak... :freak: I have all the Nintendo consoles except the original NES and the Wii. I'm just not going to bother getting a Wii for some reason...

I am currently playing too many games to count all on the 360.

[b]Rock Band[/b] - I can do expert bass, hard guitar, and medium drums for all songs. Vocals can go to hell though. I guess the game doesn't like my melodious voice. A buddy and I are doing the Band World Tour and just got into the Hall of Fame and are currently working toward Endless Setlist. The DLC is what really makes this game awesome though. If you have purchased everything (complete bundle + all DLC songs through current week + OXM), you've spent approximately $271.50 on Rock Band. I bought everything but OXM and regret nothing.

[b]Call of Duty 4[/b] - This is hands down the best shooter I have played in a long long time. I beat the single player on Hardened and am currently working on Veteran but I don't think I'll ever do it. Online Hardcore mode (1-3 bullets kill almost always, no hud) is the only mode worth playing in my book. I have put over 48 hours into this game and love it.

[b]Devil May Cry 4[/b] - I have not played any of the other DMC games, but loved the demo for this game. I bought it, and fell in love. There is something about clearing an entire room of demons without getting hit while jumping through the air that makes me happy.

[b]The Orange Box[/b] - This should be called Team Fortress 2 because that's all I play on it. My buddy and I usually end up playing TF2 after we play CoD4 for a bit and get stomped on. We end up doing a heavy/medic team and just rape and pillage everyone.

[b]Burnout: Paradise[/b] - Never has crashing your car been so much fun. I love the fact that the map only needs to load once, then you can drive anywhere in Paradise City without having to stop to load. Having the 360 camera is great for this game too. When you get taken out online, it takes a picture of you and sends the "mugshot" to the guy who took you down to collect.

[quote name='Aceburner']A Post-Shadow Sonic game where I'm not forced to stomach Jason Griffith and his complete lack of voice talent? Sounds worth a look just for that![/QUOTE]
Yes, there is. I suggest you play it. I'm currently playing this next to Devil Summoner.

Still, I can't stop playing Devil Summoner Kuzunoha Raidou. Just a thought, if I capture the same demon (after releasing/fusing/sacrificing it), will it also gain Loyalty points? That I'm not sure though but I will give it a try! If it did then, hello cheap 'easy-gaining-of-loyalty-points'! For now, I'm trying to fuse and sacrifice demons (for extra stat boost) to save space, I wanted to sell demons in exchange for Magnetite but I carry too much. For a change, I might spend my maxed out Mag for analyzing demons (10 per analyze).

• 2 weeks later...
Still on my BL streak, but will probably turn back to bishoujo games soon. :)

Just started Live x Evil: Nessa no Prometheus, right after ripping my way through the first game (Live x Evil: Shakunetsu no Edema). The plot involves the mafia, narcotics, military-governmental corruption and other tasty stuff.

In Edema, the main character is a newly recruited secret ops member who gets sent to a remote desert city to gather information on the activities of a rising terrorist group. The cool part, storytelling-wise, is that although Prometheus is a retelling that covers the same time frame, the role of main character switches to the leader of the terrorists.

~Dagger~

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Well, my current addiction is...well. Quite a dorky and awkward game, considering the AI have such strange abilites, and can't give off realistic emotions whatsoever. However, the gameplay is just fun. Fun enough for anyone to overlook the dorkyness and the HUNDREDS of glitches floating about the game.

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion for the Xbox 360. So far, I've only played 51 hours. I have many more to go, considering there are hundreds of quests I can go on, and secrets I can find. This is fun for the action fans and RPG fans alike, though the story isn't the best.. Still, a very fun game. The graphics aren't amazing either, but. Like I've already said, it's very fun.

So yeah. Fun. And whatnot.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]Ooh man. After I got my tax return I went and bought a buncha new games.

Currently, out of the list, I'm playing Lost Odyssey.

Its pretty sweet. It's pretty basic as well, though. Classic RPG style to the core.
The story is neat, however, and the characters all have likable personalities; even Kaim who decided to take cues from Cloud off of FF7 and brood.

All in all you'd have to dig RPGs to enjoy this game cause it's not reinventing any wheels anytime soon.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
Just started one of mini-games on the Nitro+ CHiRAL amusement disc. It's called Kuims and is your typical Tetris/matching game. I wish the 1P/storyline mode were longer, and it'd be nice if you could toggle the difficulty in Endless mode, but for the most part it's a great time-killer.

The other two games are some sort of typing thing, which I will probably be terrible at, and a variation on poker.

~Dagger~