OtakuBoards

What Are You Playing?

.:[ Revy ]:.

Currently. . .

[b][u]Nintendo DS:[/b][/u]
[i]The Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hour Glass[/i] Still haven't beaten this one. XD

[b][u]Xbox/Xbox 360:[/b][/u]
[i]Fable: The Lost Chapters[/i] I'm rebeating this game. It has to be one of my favorites.
[i]Halo 1, 2, 3[/i] About two weeks ago I actually got into the games and now I'm trying to beat them from beginning to current end/
[i]Assassin's Creed[/i] Haven't even looked at this game, but I'm looking forward to it.
[i]Tao Fang[/i] Probably one of the suckiest Xbox games ever invented (crappy storyline). Yet that can't keep me from not playing it over and over again. The characters are all so charming and it's easy (yet still a challenge) to master each fighter.

[b][u]PS2:[/b][/u]
[i]Naruto: Uzumaki Chronicles[/i] I bought the game for the cheap price yet I can't seem to pass this one stage. . .
[i]Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 2[/i] My brother unlocked all the characters so that has kept me from beating the game. Why beat it when you already have all the characters (personal opinion)? XD

Last week I got back into playing through Pokemon Diamond for a second time. This time around I think I'm going to try and break into the competitive battling aspects of the series.

And (hopefully) come next week I'll be rockin' some Super Smash Bros. Brawl ^_^

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]Every now and then I like to go back in time and experience the games I once loved or, rather, still love.

Vagrant Story.

Possibly the second best RPG I've ever played, next to Rogue Galaxy.

It had one of the greatest story lines in any RPG with all kinds of twists, turns, and plot devices to keep you on the edge of your seat and the main character, Ashley Riot, was bad to the bone.

The combat is what hooked me. When in combat you simply press the O button and a wire frame sphere of attack erupted from Ashley's body. I twas then you could target different parts of the target's body and attack it for different status effects, such as attacking the legs to reduce their movement by 50% or attack the head to Silence them.
Not to mention all the Affinities, Types, and Classes of the weapons and armors you wore and wielded that you had to take in to account.

Simply put the game was, and still is perfect. Play it.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Devil May Cry 4.
When I get the time, I'm gonna try and beat Bloody Palace after I finish the higher difficulty levels. Hard stuff, but I will push on with persistence.

Rock Band.
With friends because we're bored on Tuesdays, however with the anticipated release of Super SMASH Brothers Brawl, we might play RB again. Who knows.

SUPER SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL.
NEXT SUNDAY. Prepare for death.

[COLOR="SlateGray"][SIZE="1"]Yeah, I know I just posted yesterday but something new came out yesterday as well that I had been waiting for so Vagrant Story is now on hold and I am currently playing..

Army of Two.

Man, is this game wonderful! When EA first announced this original IP I was stoked mainly because the main heroes, Tyson Rios and Elliot Salem, looked really rad in their full body armor and ballistic masks. Then I started hearing that you can do all these co-op moves and it would have this and it would have that.

Now, granted, the final product didn't quite get around the corner but it surely did get close. I spent all day playing it with my friend yesterday and I can safely say it's definitely the definitive co-op game.

The story, while not going to turn any movie-goers heads, still had more depth than most shooters and the game play had some neat additions that shooters lack these days; the main being the aggrometer. One player can piss the enemies off by shooting, exposing himself to fire, and generally, well, pissing the enemies off and such will be targeted by them while the other player will effectively go ignored. The co-op moves, while mostly scripted, are still wonderful and are a welcome addition rather than just dropping a second player into a single person's adventure such as Halo.

The multi player is pretty original as well. Two teams of two against each other and A.I. controlled foes trying to complete random objectives around the stage. The neat part about it is that once you start performing the objective the other team is notified and now has to counter your objective.
So, say, you are supposed to find and defend a nuclear warhead on a roof somewhere the other team's objective is to destroy it. With every objective completed, foe killed, or otherwise productive actions grants you money to spend in the match at weapon depots for better weapons and armor upgrades as well as going to your total leader board ranking. The more money you've made the higher your score is, so it adds that; 'Should I buy something or just continue?' factor.

All in all, the game didn't disappoint me and if you're someone who is down for co-op games then, by all means, purchase Army of Two.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aceburner']I'm playing [B]Metroid Fusion[/B].

Sure it's old, but it slipped through the cracks on me last time and I'm pretty much addicted. Once I beat this, I'm considering finally picking up Prime again and finishing it.[/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]Fusion kind of slipped between the cracks in a big way I think. I never heard all that much about it even right after its release. The hype of Metroid Prime really overshadowed it since they released on the same day.

Still, it's a great game, even if it is way more linear than other Metroids. I especially liked the deeper look into Samus's character, in her interactions with Adam.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]Fusion kind of slipped between the cracks in a big way I think. I never heard all that much about it even right after its release. The hype of Metroid Prime really overshadowed it since they released on the same day.

Still, it's a great game, even if it is way more linear than other Metroids. I especially liked the deeper look into Samus's character, in her interactions with Adam.[/color][/QUOTE]

Just finished. It is a really good game. I haven't really finished any other Metroids yet, despite owning the original and Prime. I think I'll pick up Prime again soon. I've been trying to get most of the canisters on this one, which is mind-numbingly difficult even for some of the ones I have found. One room I am particularly frustrated with. There's not enough room to gain momentum and I have to shinedash the ceiling. I'll probably use a guide.

Snes/Wii: Gradius 3
I just finished Gradius 3 (normal mode) on the virtual console. Probably one of the hardest games I've ever beat. It's awesome though because the more you practice the more you learn and the better you get at it. There's pretty much only one way to beat it and that's not to die once during the entire game.

Nintendo DS:Contra 4
I'm not too far into this one, but from what I can gather this is a pretty good game. I've only gotten to the second level so far (normal mode) but it's pretty fun. The only problem I have is my hands get tired after playing the Nintendo DS for a certain amount of time so I can't go all Word of Warcraft on it like I could with the other Contra games.

I said I would, and I am.

[B]Metroid Prime,[/B] baby.

This game is awesome. I've only got a few upgrades to go before I'm fully powered up (minus the tank upgrades.) I like this game so much I went out earlier today and bought [B]Metroid Prime 2: Echoes[/B] so I could play that too (Kind of stuck after that, though. Corruption just HAD to be on the Wii. Good thing I'm planning to buy one eventually.)

[quote name='Aceburner']Just finished. It is a really good game. I haven't really finished any other Metroids yet, despite owning the original and Prime. I think I'll pick up Prime again soon. I've been trying to get most of the canisters on this one, which is mind-numbingly difficult even for some of the ones I have found. One room I am particularly frustrated with. There's not enough room to gain momentum and I have to shinedash the ceiling. I'll probably use a guide.[/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]It's been a while since I played Fusion so I don't remember the exact spot you're talking about. But I'll give you a tip that will most likely lead to the solution: If you shinespark horizontally into a slope in the ground you'll start running again and can then store another shinespark charge. Some of the items in the two GBA Metroids make you get really creative with the shinespark like that.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]It's been a while since I played Fusion so I don't remember the exact spot you're talking about. But I'll give you a tip that will most likely lead to the solution: If you shinespark horizontally into a slope in the ground you'll start running again and can then store another shinespark charge. Some of the items in the two GBA Metroids make you get really creative with the shinespark like that.[/color][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I checked a guide. Never would have figured that out on my own. These games make you think, no doubt about that. I had to get a few tips before I got 100%, Prime seems a bit easier to piece together, though. Probably because if you put too many fake walls in a 3-D game without some way of detecting them, you're bound to get stuck permanently.

Recently finished [B]Hana Chirasu[/B], a samurai-themed bishoujo game. It was depressing--for instance, in the true end, the main character [spoiler]commits seppuku.[/spoiler] But it was well-written, witty and beautiful in a savage sort of way. The characters left a strong impression on me.

After that I played two quick BL games (neither of them really good enough to bear mentioning by name). Still in the process of deciding what to tackle next. There's a doujin yuri game that I've been wanting to try out, but I've heard that it's not that substantial, and I'd like something I can sink my teeth into.

~Dagger~

[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkRed"]I haven't been really playing anything as of late because college comes first I guess, but I was playing [B]Shadow of the Colossus[/B] and [B]Assassin's Creed[/B]. Both are absolutely amazing games with great story lines, characters and plots.

Only thing is, the endings for both of them really suck leaving you hanging-wise. Like Shadow of the Colossus, [spoiler]the hero turns into a demon in the end in order for the girl to come back to life.[/spoiler] And in Assassin's Creed, it turns out that [spoiler]the bad guys you were fighting were the ones that captured you and gained the information that they needed.[/spoiler]

In any case, they really are great games and I wouldn't hesitate to ever play them again.

I like being a girl because I can do and say whatever I like and it won't be held against me. :3[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=1] Been taking another [B][U] Rock Band[/B][/U] hiatus, and right now I'm juggling [B][U] Condemned II: Bloodshot[/B][/U] which isnt as terrifying as I thought it'd be, and [B][U] Mass Effect[/B][/U] which is kinda a landmark game for me, because I have never played a RPG before. I'm actually spending more time with the space opera than the psychologic horror because, the storyline of [B][U] Effect[/B][/U] is very intriguing.

but soon enough the [B][U] Rock Band[/B][/U] addiction will kick back in, seeing that I rented both games, but turns out that [B][U] Mass Effect[/B][/U] will be a definite must buy for me.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]I've been playing a little bit of [b]Final Fantasy 7[/b] lately. I haven't been playing it as heavily as I did with FF8, because I'm a little bored with it at the moment. It's not the game I've been in the mood to play (Waiting to get my hands on a couple of fighting games), and unfortunately, it's all I have at the moment. (Until I get some games to come through.)

Anyway, I just got Aeris in my party, so I'm not far in the game. (2nd time playing it.)[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I'm currently playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl almost religiously. Until I picked that up, I was playing Tales of Legendia, and was going to move onto Xenogear (I think 2, but I don't remember - borrowing from a friend). On handhelds, I'm playing The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, A Link to the Past, Golden Sun, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, and Tales of Phantasia. Oh, and Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass.

And no, I don't like Zelda one little bit.

[FONT="Tahoma"]I decided to give Twilight Princess another run since I really love the game. That and I've never defeated the cave of ordeals. >_> One of these days I'll actually manage to defeat it!. Hehe.

Anyway, I'm not that far into the game and it's fun since it's been long enough that I'd forgotten just how much fun it is. :catgirl:[/FONT]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]Unfortunately for me, I can't afford anything. So it's the usual Super Mario or one of the Pokemon games for me.
I gave up on Super Metroid a while ago, but I might pick that up.
Oh, also Street Fighter.
Old school gaming shall always be better than all.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]While it's nothing spectacular, [b]DBZ Budokai 3[/b] is something for me to kill time with, as well as take out some aggression on. I've had it for about a week now, and almost every character is unlocked. They would've been unlocked a little earlier if I had a ps2 controller. (Foolishly thought something)

I've been thinking about buying DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2, but I'm skeptical, because I didn't care for the first BT. I'm curious about it because of the high character count.

If I don't get that, though, the next game I buy (re-buy) will more than likely be Kingdom Hearts 2. (and Devil May Cry 3, God of War and Dragon Quest 8 to follow)I've been having a huge craving to play KH2 again, although, I can't stand Sora.[/SIZE][/COLOR]