OtakuBoards

What Are You Playing?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[color=darkred][size=1]

I've been playing [b]Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare[/b] almost exclusively for the past two months due to my recent induction into a clan/team. Its definetly my favorite FPS ever, and one of the funnest games I've played in a while.

I've also tried to pick up [b]Mass Effect[/b] but I don't have enough time to invest in playing it, though I do love it so far.

I picked up [b]Super Smash Bros. Brawl[/b] on release date and love it. Metaknight and Ike are my favorite new characters, and the new stages are a blast.

That's the up and up on me for the moment.[/color][/size]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]Currently I'm playing Rainbow Six Vegas 2. I played the stuff out the first one and it, other than this second one, has been the only game to do that I play on a highly competitive level.

Another thing I've taken a keen interest in is GameTap. Before actually using GameTap I thought it was some lame service that tried to swindle money out of you but when I took a look at the game library and and the price, which is only $60 a year, I was like; 'Sign me up!'

Can't beat 1000+ games to play at any time.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Hmm in my Nintendo DS Ive got Final Fantasy VII which Ive not gotten too far on yet (Im upto The Tower of Owen part which I keep dying on the Boss Medusa :animesigh). In my PS2 Ive got Kindom Hearts which Ive not had chance to play cause my lil bro stole it and In my PS One (yes I own a PS One and still use it :animeblus) Ive got DDR. On my PC I play Conquer Online which takes up most of my spare time (yes, sad I know) sooo I dont play the others much lol :animesmil

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]I got back in the mood for playing [B]Star Ocean: Till the End of Time[/B]. Though I beat it already on the normal level and cleared two of the three bonus dungeons that become available after doing so, I decided to start on the next level of difficulty for the main story. I'm about two thirds done and so close to finally unlocking the last level of difficulty for this game. Once I beat it and some other things on the hard level, I'm thinking that should be enough Battle Trophies to finally unlock the last level. Though I'm not sure if I'll want to play it or not. The hard level is a royal pain in the rear so something even harder... o_O [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='XKaoriChanX']Hmm in my Nintendo DS Ive got Final Fantasy VII which Ive not gotten too far on yet (Im upto The Tower of Owen part which I keep dying on the Boss Medusa :animesigh).[/QUOTE]

Objection!

You claim to be playing Final Fantasy VII on your Nintendo DS. However, I have a piece of evidence here which shows that such a thing is impossible!

Take That!

Final Fantasy VII has not been ported to the DS. However, judging fror your testimony, I may be able to solve this mystery.

Take That!

Judging from your testimony about how far you've gotten in the game, I believe the game you're playing would have to be...

Final Fantasy III for the Nintendo DS!

Yeah, so I've been replaying the Ace Attorney games again. Can you tell?:animeswea

[quote name='XKaoriChanX'](I'm up to The Tower of Owen part which I keep dying on the Boss Medusa :animesigh)[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Yep, [COLOR="DarkRed"]Ace[/COLOR] is right; according to my sources, The Tower of Owen is a FFIII map.

:D[/FONT]

One of my friends insisted on loaning me his DS Lite along with [B]Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney[/B]. It's a rather zany and fun game to play. The only problem... it's making me wish I had a DS Lite and the game too. Though the money for something like that right now is kind of out of the question. XP It's still a great game though. I've only finished the first two cases but I imagine the next ones will be just as fun as the first two were. Now if only a DS Lite didn't run around $130.00

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Now if only a DS Lite didn't run around $130.00[/QUOTE]

Ever consider buying used? My friend is perfectly content with his original DS and used they probably run somewhere in the neighborhood of 60-80 bucks. A Lite would probably not be much more than that. Also, once you finish Ace Attorney, I highly recommend the rest of the series (which includes Apollo Justice.) I own all 4 and I've replayed at least 1 case of each.

[quote name='Aceburner']Ever consider buying used? My friend is perfectly content with his original DS and used they probably run somewhere in the neighborhood of 60-80 bucks. A Lite would probably not be much more than that. Also, once you finish Ace Attorney, I highly recommend the rest of the series (which includes Apollo Justice.) I own all 4 and I've replayed at least 1 case of each.[/QUOTE]Sadly, even used that's out of my price range at the moment. >_> Though that's probably because I'm saving up for possibly going on vacation in May. So that makes me less inclined to spend my money on anything right now.

As for the rest of the games, I know my friend has them, it's just a matter of whether or not he wants me to have his DS Lite long enough to play them. It was kind of a swap, he has a couple of my games to play with while I have his stuff.

[font=franklin gothic medium]While I haven't played many games lately in general (my brother's Xbox destroyed my copy of Bioshock...), I [i]have[/i] had a go at Bully on PS2.

Yes, I'm a little late to the party on that, but I saw that my brother owned it and I asked to try it.

For those who haven't played it, it's quite a bit like GTA - but set in a high school.

Surprisingly the formula works pretty well actually. Even taking the classes is kind of fun. When I read about that I thought it'd be a chore, but it really isn't. I think it's also interesting that despite your schedule as a student, you can still pretty much do whatever you want; it's just that, obviously, if you don't attend class or you trepass at night...things get more difficult.

The only issue, as far as I can tell at this point, is that the game will become repetitive very quickly. My sister also borrowed Bully - she loved it, but told me that unfortunately it gets stale pretty fast.

Other than that, I have to re-aquire FFXII. Someone lent it out to a friend (no doubt one of my siblings) and it seems to have disappeared forever. My only option is to re-purchase it. Unfortunately it's still full price here. Ouch.[/font]

[COLOR="Green"][LIST]
[*]XBox - Dead Rising. Shopping has never appealed to me more!
[*]PS2 - FFXII (Although to be honest, I'm not sure why I'm still bothered, but that's a matter for another thread)
[*]DS - Super Mario Bros. 100% completion, and I still keep coming back for more!
[*]Wii - DBZ Budoka Tenkaichi 3 - Man, i could play this 'till the cows come home!
[/LIST][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]So, after getting tired of DBZ Budokai 3 with their cheating Goku (Lvl 99 who can turn SSJ4 with 4 ki bars, as well as have all his other skills and having Super Dragon Fist doing over 4000+ dmg.... That's cheating. lol) in Dragon Arena, I decided to put it aside and go back to [b]Final Fantasy 7[/b].

2nd playthrough and whatnot. I'm in Kalm with the whole flashback story and such. You know after watching Advent Children so many times (Can't help it, I like the fighting lol.) it's real easy to tell the difference in [spoiler]personalities[/spoiler]. I wonder how I would've reacted to it if I were to see the movie before playing the game for the first time.

I've reached a crossroad. On one end I've been having a huge craving to play Kingdom Hearts 2. And on the other I've been dying to try out Tales of the Abyss. I think I've made it clear enough about me being real cheap lol. Now, I get most of my games by trading in other games. Here's the thing. Tales of the Abyss is finally back in stock for $32. (And if it leaves now, no telling how long it will take for it to restock) Kingdom Hearts 2 cost $20. With what I'm trading in comes out to be around $40+ (between 43-45 I think) Should I go for Tales of the Abyss where it'll probably leave in a position where I can't buy an extra game, or should I buy Kingdom Hearts 2 where I'd be left with enough credit to get another game such as Dragon Quest 8, Devil May Cry 3...? (Just to name a few)[/SIZE][/COLOR]

@Memphis: KHII is more of the same, so if you totally loved the first one, it would probably be a safer choice. But personally, I would rank TotA over it.

Just finished [B]Kikokugai: The Cyber Slayer[/B].

Damn. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but that sure wasn't it. Granted, even for a visual novel, this is pretty far from qualifying as a traditional game... it's a linear story with no choices or player interaction. I think that was the right way to go, though--I wasn't totally happy with the ending, but it would have been weakened if there were any alternatives.

Kikokugai does offer a remarkably poignant and thought-provoking look at the question of what constitutes a human being (as opposed to, say, a robot). That's pretty impressive in itself, given how much that's been hashed over in literature as well as in TV shows, anime/manga and games.

~Dagger~

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Yet another old-school entry here; I'm hitting Kirby 64 (The Crystal Shards).

Gotta love the 64.[/FONT][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Dude, awesome. I love that game. I remember when I first picked it up when I was like 10. Good memories. You make me want to go back and play it. I'd just need to find my 64... and the game. :animeswea

Well for the past week I [i]was[/i] playing [b]Smash Bros. Brawl[/b] [i]but[/i] my broken 360 finally made its way back from repairs so I'm going on a [b]Rock Band[/b] playing spree. I downloaded a buttload of new songs (nothing beats playing Still Alive on Guitar while singing) and am having a blast. Rock Band is such a timeless multiplayer game.

Other then that I've just been playing [b]World of Warcraft[/b]. Currently working on a recent character on Skullcrusher. Level 41 Draenei Shaman, slowly making my way to 70. ^o^[/COLOR][/FONT]

Last night I played [b]Musou Orochi: Maou Sairin[/b] on the PS2. I played Sengoku Basara series mostly but this game made me a bit interested so I tackled it. The game is pretty cool and the roster of character are great. But I prefered Gundam Musou Special next to this game so all in all, not a bad game.

[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Well, recently I've been playing [B]DDR: Extreme[/B] for working out reasons; I believe that it's the best DDR game compared to all the newer ones with all the ****** music out now.

I haven't played the Xbox ones, so don't kill me, lolol.

[B]Kingdom Hearts II[/B] is owning my life AGAIN. OMFG WHO KNEW LOL!!1!one I don't know though, Sora kind of gets on my nerves when he gets all goody two-shoes on us and thinks everyone in the world has good intentions. He really should get a reality check when it comes to stuff like that.

Also, I LIEK IT WHEN RIKU JOINS YOUR TEAM. Yeah... that was so much fun. Good times, good times...

[B]The Legend of Dragoon[/B] for the PS1 is orgasmic. It's a historical oldie I love to play over and over. With four discs to it's name and wonderful plot/story, it's no wonder I've beaten it about four to five times.

Seriously, changing into Dragoons and witty puns never get old.

Though, mostly for [B]KH II[/B] and [B]TLoD[/B], the middle and ending are where it's at; I get so bored when you already know what'll happen in the beginning and it doesn't inspire you anymore. I only replay them for the fighting and cheesy lines, lol.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Right now I'm replaying Final Fantasy VII (ps1)
Imo, it's the best in a few ways. Don't call me a huge fan (fangirl in this case) cause I am well aware of the many flaws in the game. I just find it to be the best in terms of music, battles, some storyline (Too... many... plotholes...) and it was my first FF. I find it to be an enjoyable experience (albeit boring at the beginning) that keeps me hooked for hours on end.

Main reason I'm replaying it: I'm getting Crisis Core (psp) very soon.

[quote name='PyrusDragon']Right now I'm replaying Final Fantasy VII (ps1)
Imo, it's the best in a few ways. Don't call me a huge fan (fangirl in this case) cause I am well aware of the many flaws in the game. I just find it to be the best in terms of music, battles, some storyline (Too... many... plotholes...) and it was my first FF. I find it to be an enjoyable experience (albeit boring at the beginning) that keeps me hooked for hours on end.

Main reason I'm replaying it: I'm getting Crisis Core (psp) very soon.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Whaaaat? You can't play it just once and remember everything that happened like me? Pfft.

Nah, it's only because I'm a nerd that I can play a whole game once and make it last months but still remember everything that happened.

Yeah, soon I wanna get CC; I'm exciteddddd.

Gackt's probably going to be pretty annoying by showing off his pure skin and singing voice too much.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

And again, I am back once more playing [B]Tales of Symphonia[/B] on the PS2. My failures and a low final grade of 1392 on my first playthrough serves as my lesson for not fighting a lot, taking too much time beating an enemy, making allies getting killed a lot and suffering too much damage. This time, however, I became disciplined. Disciplined in way, that I play safe and watch the opponent's attacks and moves before making a move. Not only that, I decided to record it and uploaded it on YouTube just to see if there any mistakes I made.

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]Right now I'm jamming out on Guitar Hero 3. I'm getting REALLY good at it. I'm playing Expert right now, but earlier I obtained 5 stars on Cult of Personality on Hard mode. I'm getting really good at the hammer-ons and pull-offs.

Later on this week, or next week, I might be getting Rock Band. Only two words can simplify the joy it brings me... **** YEAH! I can't wait to start drumming and playing vocals. Oddly enough I obtained the first two GHs and I started on Hard immediately. So I think I might do that for the guitar on Rock Band.

But I'm going to have an orgasm when I play Welcome Home by Coheed and Cambria, I practically melt just THINKING about that.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
I'm on break between semesters and I just started playing this game: [B]Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King[/B] If I'd known just how gorgeous the cell shaded look was and how good the voice acting and overall story is... I would have picked this up a long time ago. I'm completely addicted to this game at the moment.

[FONT="Tahoma"]Right now I'm playing [B]Tales of the Abyss[/B] since I finally got it. :catgirl: I'm loving it, the voice acting the characters and the storyline, even if Luke's a bit of a jerk at times. I also like how the way one fights is different than Tales of Symphonia. Now I just need to get the new system down since it is slightly confusing. XP [/FONT]