OtakuBoards

What are You Watching/Reading Now?

2010DigitalBoy

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Ergo proxy sucks, don't watch it >.>

Anyway, I just started Irresponsible Captain Tylor, having bought the first volume at a used DVD store. The company the released it is one I've never even heard of, so you know these things gotta be hard as **** to find >_< in any case, the first 3 episodes were hilarious. I didn't know wht to expect from the first ep because even though there was one absolutely HILARIOUS gag, it was mostly plot exposition and little of Tyler himself. However, the next 2 eps made up for it with much awesome hilarity. The DVD has an impressive 7 eps on it, too :O though I had already DLed it anyway lol.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="1234"][QUOTE]Ergo proxy sucks, don't watch it >.> [/QUOTE]

I dont know what I'm going to do about you, DB. :p

Anyways, on the subject of Ergo Proxy, the last episode I saw was the one where [spoiler]Re-L discovered her little split personality with Vincent, which was an oddly satisfying twist.[/spoiler] I also saw the episode where Pino was in that Proxy's theatre. Which made her even more cute than she already is.

I had lost hope for Tenjho Tenge, but the last epsiode that one [spoiler]kid's powers went ballistic and his hair turned black[/spoiler]... I want to watch the show again. Plus Maya and her sister, OMG!

I aslo need to watch up a bit on Blood+, which is great btw.[/COLOR]

In my opinion you should check out something along the lines of Cromartie High School if you want one of those off-the-wall animes. It is pretty funny and very random at times, but I enjoy it alot. Also, lately I've been reading the manga "Psychic Academy" and it was really good of what I read of it.;)

[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="1234"]

I dont know what I'm going to do about you, DB. :p

Anyways, on the subject of Ergo Proxy, the last episode I saw was the one where [spoiler]Re-L discovered her little split personality with Vincent, which was an oddly satisfying twist.[/spoiler] I also saw the episode where Pino was in that Proxy's theatre. Which made her even more cute than she already is.

I had lost hope for Tenjho Tenge, but the last epsiode that one [spoiler]kid's powers went ballistic and his hair turned black[/spoiler]... I want to watch the show again. Plus Maya and her sister, OMG!

I aslo need to watch up a bit on Blood+, which is great btw.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]I think Tenjho Tenge and Blood+ suck as well, so we probably are just doomed to disagree. Unless you are watching Gurren Lagann right now as your avi and sig suggest, in which case I would tell you to hurry and watch it all so you can bask in the GREATEST ENDING EVER. [/COLOR]

[quote name='2008DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]I think Tenjho Tenge and Blood+ suck as well, so we probably are just doomed to disagree. Unless you are watching Gurren Lagann right now as your avi and sig suggest, in which case I would tell you to hurry and watch it all so you can bask in the GREATEST ENDING EVER. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="1234"]I like the show, but damn, I only got to see a little bit, the worst part is I can never find the right video to watch it cause I end up with the 24th episode in spanish subtitles and **** like that so it's purty annoying to find the right vid. Plus I saw the VGcats comic so I had to find the picture it was making fun of, and I found it, but the show is good.[/COLOR]

[color=#4B0082]I grabbed the first episode of [url=http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=8537][u]Spice and Wolf[/u][/url] yesterday. As I commented on Fasteriskhead's myOtaku, I figured I'd either really like it or find it really stupid. Thankfully it looks like it will turn out to be the former. The first episode handles character and setting introductions nicely and it looks like it will be a fun and interesting series.

The character designs and backgrounds are all pretty, too, which is definitely a plus. I'm really liking the look of the series so here's to hoping it stays pretty throughout.

The ED song is really weird, by the way. It's in English (but doesn't mangle the pronunciation thankfully) and makes little sense. Accompanying it are odd little illustrations of Lawrence and Horo, such as [url=http://img110.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spiceandwolfed1al2.jpg][u]this[/u][/url]. I'm not sure what to think of it.

I just can't help but wonder whether I'd take meeting a naked wolf girl in the back of my wagon better or worse than Lawrence did.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]I grabbed the first episode of [url=http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=8537][u]Spice and Wolf[/u][/url] yesterday.[/color][/QUOTE]
Loved it! :catgirl: Horo is an incredibly charming, intriguing character, and she has a lot of chemistry with Lawrence. I can't tell where the show is going to go from here, but at this point I'm just interested in seeing more of her. I like her weird dialect, too.

~Dagger~

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Since you both like it, I feel the need to unleash this bit of copypasta ~

ugh.... well, they did some things right but... the changes from the manga are all negative. They didn't express horo's emotions nearly as well, and Lawrence is WAY weaker of a character. They got the character designs alright, but the art is simply not as good (not that that's a surprise since the manga art is in-****ing-credible). It wasn't all failure, but I definitely think it will be one where reading the manga is a more worthwhile experience, especially since the animation is pretty static.

I absolutely dislike Lawrence's voice actor (he should have had a Ginko style voice...) however, I will say that this show's soundtrack has already proven to be out of this world. I will definietly get the soundtrack, hell I might even import the damn thing - the opening theme is beautiful and all the insert songs and the ending all had a beautiful and very tonally fitting sound. I wouldn't mind putting this on while I read the manga, heh.[/COLOR]

[B]The Matrix volume # 1[/B]

So far this comic is pretty good. The first story explained some of the history of the matrix while the second got into it's own little mini tangent. The third story was kind of a visual poem which was so far my favorite story. I hope it keeps getting better.

[size=1][color=#8B008B]So instead of watching [B]NGE[/B] or [B]Blood+[/B], I found [B]Devil May Cry[/B]. I've got to say, it's pretty good. Dante is well characterized in his brooding, 'you-have-no-idea-what-you're-getting-yourself-into' personality. It is only the first episode, so we'll see if it fares well. And my prediction is, it'll probably be the best damn thing I've watched in a long time.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Revelation'][size=1][color=#8B008B]So instead of watching [B]NGE[/B] or [B]Blood+[/B], I found [B]Devil May Cry[/B]. I've got to say, it's pretty good. Dante is well characterized in his brooding, 'you-have-no-idea-what-you're-getting-yourself-into' personality. It is only the first episode, so we'll see if it fares well. And my prediction is, it'll probably be the best damn thing I've watched in a long time.[/size][/color][/QUOTE]
The Novels and Games are all good. And the main character is perfect for an anime. There is no way it can fail!

[COLOR="Navy"]I finally caught an episode of [b]Basilisk[/b] (The first episode to be exact.). Um... Wow. I'm a little skeptical about it because every one is saying it's like Romeo and Juliet, and romance isn't really my thing. But I think I can put up with it seeing how it's not as long as them other animes that tends to mix action with romance.

I was blown away by the animation and fighting. It seems like it's been ages since I've seen an anime that has smooth animation as well as fast paced, intense fighting.

I think Gonzo has a hit out on the elderly though. They know how to draw some ugly looking old people.[/COLOR]

[b]ef DVD ep. 3:[/b] I'm positive there were some animation fixes in this one, but I can't point out anything real specific without seeing the TV version of ep. 3 again, which is probably not going to happen. Either way, it's just as good on a rewatch. <3

[b]Clannad 13:[/b] You know, I really can't bring myself to care much about Kotomi's trauma, especially since all that it highlights is the fact that she's a weak person. The only part of it that grabs me is her attempt to [spoiler]make up for burning her father's work.[/spoiler] So far, Fuuko >>> Kotomi, but Nagisa and Tomoyo and the twins and Tomoya himself top both of them by far.

[b]True Tears 2:[/b] Not bad for an episode in which literally nothing happened. Miles ahead of H2O ep. 2, at any rate.

~Dagger~

[color=#4B0082]I think [url=http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=h2ohayamifisheyecatchcd5.jpg][u]this[/u][/url] was the best part of H2O ep2. I'm not sure if I'll stick with the series but I'll give it a couple more episodes at least. Or maybe it will just end up piggybacking on True Tears since I'm getting both from the same group.

I'm still feeling abandoned since you went to 4:3 Clannad, by the way. :animecry:[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]
I'm still feeling abandoned since you went to 4:3 Clannad, by the way. :animecry:[/color][/QUOTE]
*slinks away guiltily*

Just picked up a new show for the season... [B]Hakaba Kitarou[/B], the latest series to enter the Noitamina slot. It's way out there, even considering that it was preceded by the likes of Moyashimon and Mononoke. Apparently it's an adult retelling of [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ge_Ge_Ge_no_Kitaro][u]Ge Ge Ge no Kitaro[/u][/url] (which I have no experience with, but it's worth noting that it's a venerable property, and a popular children's version of the series is also currently airing).

The art director also worked on Mononoke, and it shows. Episode 1 has a fantastic atmosphere; in terms of the style of humor and the general vibe, it's closer to The Addams Family (albeit with Japanese youkai, spirits, etc.) than anything else I can think of. I can't really offer a more concrete summary, because I have no idea how things will pan out after the first episode (and I have a feeling that Kitarou's personality is pretty different in this version than in the various other Kitarou anime).

It's very dark & offbeat. People who like stuff along the lines of Zetsubou Sensei might also enjoy this, although Kitarou already wins in terms of both sheer bizarreness and morbidity.

~Dagger~

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The first episode of Tokyo Majin is probably the greatest first episode ever. TONS of over-the-top action, thrills, great characters already, and the atmosphere is simply perfect. I love how Shinsen-subs used Shin Megami Tensei music with their ending TL notes, because the style is similarly awesome. I'm definitely psyched about this one, even though I've heard it's never as good as ep 1.

Will post in main thread after completion.[/COLOR]

[size=1][color=#8B008B]I just finished watching [B]Devil May Cry[/B] last night before I went off to work and I must say it kicked ***, for a lack of better words. The animation is amazing and the storylines are all basically the same- kill demons. But Itagaki Shin adds elements into it that create a much more active atmosphere. You get sucked into the episode.

I've got to say, though, this is a definite must-see. It's a short 12-episode series but I think it's worth it.

I'm still watching [B]Bleach[/B] but for some reason, it's lagging for me. It just seems like the same storyline: trouble comes, Ichigo goes and fights, he wins, trouble ends. Even though, there are different antagonists, it just isn't doing it for me. But I can't stop watching.

As for reading, I've stopped reading [B]Bleach[/B], [B]Tenjou Tenge[/B], and [B]Claymore[/B]. I'm going to be reading a manga called [B]I.N.V.U.[/B] Not sure what it's about, but I'll know soon enough.[/size][/color]

So I finished the [B]Matrix [/B]comic. Pretty damn spiffy. My favorite story was Goliath. Great little story there.

I also read a snazzy snippet of [B]Shaman Warrior [/B]volume 5. Some of it was confusing but most of it was awesome and touching.

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I'm back in school, so that means I'm back to watching next to nothing since homework always comes first. And I like getting good grades so I always shove my anime watching to the back burner so to speak. lol

I am planning on watch the Angel's Feather DVD that I shamelessly borrowed from a friend though. It's only sixty minutes long so I'm planning on checking it out this weekend. :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

Heh, I'm so weird.

I'm rewatching the Saban dub of Digimon at the time. The reason is a mixture of wanting to take part in a discussion on another forum and nostalgia. I finished Tamers first because it's the best, then I moved on to Adventure 01. I'm about halfway through Adventure 02 now. This one is pun-ridden, but it's not too bad other than that.

I guess I'll have to catch Frontier and Savers as well, but I'm not really looking forward to it.

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]I finally watched Code Geass, only having had seen the first episode when it was airing. I had planned to wait for the DVD release and get my brother to buy it because he's an s-cry-ed fan, and it was going to air on Adult Swim. However, my pal invited me over to marathon it.

I was surprised. I knew it would be good, but I underestimated it. Probably because when a show becomes really really popular, there's too many different opinions to really get an expectation. Well, in any case, I loved it - great characters, a plot that was like Death note with good characters, Lelouche, and much more. I CANNOT WAIT to go doujin hunting, hahahahahhahaha!!![/COLOR]